Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Jedu

NoSmoke said:
I don't really like the glass daisy's with the BM. It seems like the airflow is just way to constricted, and I just never liked them because of that. I found that the best way is a screen in the shape of a cone, then I kind of groove out the edges and it sits pretty comfy, still falls out every time I'm done though :/
Hmmm it seems in order for me to get good hits I need to have constricted airflow.

Jedu,

NoSmoke

Here is some of the information I got from Blazemaster:

*making a large hole for massive airflow wont be a problem.

*I have a few ideas on what to do to hold a screen in there. I was thinking either a lip that goes all the way around, or a few small ice pinches to hold the screen in there.

So to me it sounds like Blazemaster is in pursuit of the perfect VHW slide, and once he makes it, I recommend every Vrip Owner purchase one, because its gonna be beautiful, at least I think so. :brow:

NoSmoke,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Wait are you gonna get another one then???? I'm almost thinking if he pushed glass in on an ice pinch more or even did like a 4 pinch the glass pinch would be a decent design. The toro ice pinch tha I have works great and has plenty of airflow and the pinches are waaaaay closer together than on my BM. I'm personally not a huge fan of screens because of the up keep and maintenice they need. I'm thinkin Ima try to get someone else to give a heatwand slide a go. I wouldn't mind being the first person with a SGW VHW slde

minnesnowta,

djdna

im very very interested in buying this vaporiser, it looks awesome!

does anyone know if they ship to UK and how much p&p costs?

djdna,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I glanced over the website and couldn't find anything that says they will or won't. Try shootin an email to info@vriptech.com. They should be able to answer your question. I know there's people in Australia tha have them so I don't think it'll be a problem

minnesnowta,

djdna

minnesnowta said:
I glanced over the website and couldn't find anything that says they will or won't. Try shootin an email to info@vriptech.com. They should be able to answer your question. I know there's people in Australia tha have them so I don't think it'll be a problem
thanks man, ive emailed them... just waiting for a reply

really hope they can sort us brits out! the thing looks amazing

djdna,

djdna

stinkmeaner said:
thanks... i saw that, annoyingly europe uses different plugs to uk (not sure about voltages)

i could just get the euro or australian one and use a plug adaptor, but i dont know how safe that would be or what voltages are used in each, plus id rather be able to hard wire a uk plug onto it, if that doesnt cause problems anyway...

ill just wait and see what happens with my email i guess :)

djdna,

djdna

im getting a bit worried here, emailed them about 6 days ago and ive still had no reply...

the only reason i say this is because usually companies respond faster to sales inquiries than customer service problems etc... so if its taking this long to get a reply about wanting to buy one, im just a little worried that if something goes wrong it could take even longer

is "info@vriptech.com" the only email contact for this company?

still really want to buy one of these but the slow response is a little worrying

djdna,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
djdna - just send an email to that email address and put in the subject heading "stonemonkey sent me"

that will usually fast track it to the appropriate person - as most people in this forum can attest, the costumer service is very good but sometimes emails slip thru the cracks....he's basically a one person operation.

stonemonkey55,

djdna

stonemonkey55 said:
djdna - just send an email to that email address and put in the subject heading "stonemonkey sent me"

that will usually fast track it to the appropriate person - as most people in this forum can attest, the costumer service is very good but sometimes emails slip thru the cracks....he's basically a one person operation.
ok mate! thanks a lot!!!, ill resend the same email with that as the header/title and see what happens, cheers!!

ps: do you still have yours and use it? if so is there anything positive/negative you have to say about it in hind sight?

djdna,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
two negatives. its fragile, and not the easiest to use. they even say so on the site. well, a third also in that it eats herb pretty damn quick.

everything else, VERY possitive. too many to list
:ko:

IAmKrazy2,

djdna

IAmKrazy2 said:
two negatives. its fragile, and not the easiest to use. they even say so on the site. well, a third also in that it eats herb pretty damn quick.

thanks yeah its all glass so i realise its fragile its going to be used by me only at home though, so hopefully i can look after it enough to not break it..

why do you say its not the easiest to use though?

the fact it eats herb quickly is good though :D i can always put less in etc... and i guess to get really thick/tasty vapours you need a vape that "eats" the herb quickly

djdna,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It just takes a little practice and is hard for newbs sometimes. Balancing a bong, lining up the wand, ect. It works well, but i guess it boils down to being careful.

IAmKrazy2,

djdna

IAmKrazy2 said:
It just takes a little practice and is hard for newbs sometimes. Balancing a bong, lining up the wand, ect. It works well, but i guess it boils down to being careful.
ok gotcha.. im quite a dexterous fella, so i think i can cope

i guess the main thing is making sure the wand is heated up first and then ensuring theres no gap between the bowl and the wand? while toking the vapour at the same time...

i think i can manage that ok :)

djdna,

standard

IAmKrazy2 said:

+1. I can attest to the fragility. Owned a month and on my second heater cover. That's the one part to be really careful with (well that and the little nub on the lower vrip bowl if you use stock one), and it's not cheap to replace.

I really wish that they sold a budget version of that cover, maybe really thick glass and skip the vortex air paths. I would buy one just to tide me through when the original heater cover inevitably breaks until I got a new one. Has anyone MacGyver'd their own cover? I was looking around for something that could work...maybe athick pyrex test tube? Then there's figuring out how to drill 3 holes in it one for retaining screw and two for airintakes.

I can also vouch for the positives. First up, is TASTE. I had no idea how rich and flavorful herb was to my tongue when vaped with vhw. Yesterday I was stopped in my tracks at how incredible the flavors were with a bowl of jack herer in the vrip setup. The pure scents and tastes just ran through my mouth for minutes. Later in the day, combusting the same strain, by comparison wasn't near as tasty.

Then there's the flexibility and neutrality of the system. Use it with any bong you prefer. It's really nice to know the day my ehle tube falls and shatters, I can pick up any other GonG piece and it'll almost assuredly work. Heatup time is not bad--just a few minutes.

standard,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
once you get past the initial learning curve, it becomes fairly easy to use. You just have to figure out whats the most comfortable position for you to hold the wand and waterpipe.

as far as efficiency goes, I tend to think it's on par with the whip based vapes like the SSV, DBV, Vapordoc/warez/cannon - i do feel like a vape more when I use the VHW but I like to think it's because its makes the vapor experience that much more enjoyable

stonemonkey55,

yolky

Hey Stonemonkey, what's up man. I've been vrippin' very successfully for a couple months now however tonight I plugged in my heatwand, the red light comes on, temperature dial is set to max (I did not modify/ mess with the VT1 settings, its stock still) and the heatwand is not heating up. I'm really bummed out. I guess i'm going to have to send my heatwand back to Mark for repairs? I'm really disappointed as I have babied the shit out of this and have take great care of it. I've only had this unit for a couple of months, is this something that Mark will be able to work on at his cost? It hasn't even had heavy use... so bummed. Let me know what you think the best course of action is... thanks man.

yolky,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
yolky - mark will take care of you on his dime.

Send an email to info@vriptech.com and put "Stonemonkey Sent Me" in the subject line and you should be taken care of shortly.

the unit is getting shorted and sometimes plugging it into a surge protector helps. Last time I spoke with Mark, they were trying different pieces in the electronics to prevent this from occurring in the future.

stonemonkey55,

yolky

Thanks bro, I just sent him an email... again thanks for your attention and have a good Thanksgiving.

yolky,

NoSmoke

I just found out today that I've been Vripping for 8 months! I know the start was a little murky with the glass cover, silicone, problems etc... But I would have to say this is a pretty reliable device. Thank you SM55 for helping us thru those rough patches at the start, now its time to continue the fun! This rip is for FC! :D

NoSmoke,
Reactions: Alexis

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dang, 8 months already. I cant believe how fast time flies. Ive been one of the lucky few to not have mine short out (knock on wood) and Ive definitely been giving this thing some heavy usage. At least Mark takes care of his customers, worst part is just waiting for your replacement or having to use one of your other vapes in the meantime.

Even though I am a meat and potatoes type of guy, the vhw + high end glass has totally made me a vapor snob, next up is my waffle bub from SGW which will arrive tomorrow morning. Chicken and waffles? How about Turkey and Waffles ?

Yolky youre welcome ?

stonemonkey55,

standard

Worst part is waiting for replacement...ain't that the truth. Just busted my 2nd heating cover in two months...grr.

First break was a classic elbow-knocking-off-onto-tile-floor maneuver. This last one, just a little while ago, was more heartbreaking. Cord got caught in leg, wand fell on carpet without a sound. Thought Cool, no break! and picked it up, but the inside glass path is broken. :(

Am I just super clumsy, or is everyone vaping in padded rooms? At this rate, I'm tempted to switch to the herborizer xl, even though I love the vrip. :/

standard,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
my biggest concern is the coffee mug i use to let it heat up in.... It is a big one, but the wand is so heavy i am afraid i'll give it a light tap and the whole thing will topple over....

IAmKrazy2,

Jedu

I feel your pain standard. My cat knocked over my wand shattering the glass a few months ago, and a few weeks ago I noticed a crack developing near the top. New cover was supposed to be here yesterday but apparently there was a mixup.

Jedu,
Top Bottom