Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

jxn88

After several shipping mishaps, I finally have everything. However, I have a feel that I might either have a defective wand or one that might need the alteration. I might only get one (not so thick) hit and that's about it. The leftovers remain slightly green/yellow. I've been packing generous bowls, letting the wand heat up for 10 minutes at full temp, then lowering 2-3 notches. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

jxn88,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I talked to Mark today on the phone. They are sending me a new heater. Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to try this all glass taste.... :cool:

IAmKrazy2,

UrDoinItWrong

jxn88 said:
After several shipping mishaps, I finally have everything. However, I have a feel that I might either have a defective wand or one that might need the alteration. I might only get one (not so thick) hit and that's about it. The leftovers remain slightly green/yellow. I've been packing generous bowls, letting the wand heat up for 10 minutes at full temp, then lowering 2-3 notches. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
try hitting it with the technique I posted a few pages back with the wand at full temp the whole time.

UrDoinItWrong,

jxn88

thanks for the tip. however, i have unfortunately tried it at full temp without much luck.

jxn88,

Jedu

Anyone else having a hard time getting ahold of vriptech via email? They haven't responded in about a week.

Jedu,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i know mark just got back from sweden about a week ago so he could be behind. Just send another email with "Stonemonkey sent me" in the subject, i think that could speed things up.

stonemonkey55,
Whats up guys,

Just got my new VripTech heat wand in the mail along with the 18.8 gong bowl and a new weedstar bong. I had been waiting all week for it so as soon as it got here I took it to a buddies and we tried it out. After watching all the videos of it and seeing the huge milky hits I was anxious. I read the instructions top to bottom just to make sure and after trying to rip it several times I wasn't getting anywhere near a milky hit, I even had it on the hottest setting. I could see some vapor, but definetly wasn't what I was expecting. You guys got any tips or something you think i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Fosta420,

standard

stonemonkey55 said:
i know mark just got back from sweden about a week ago so he could be behind. Just send another email with "Stonemonkey sent me" in the subject, i think that could speed things up.
Just wanted to say thanks for the support of new vrip vaporists. Having a vendor connection through FC was one of the deciding factors in me pulling the trigger on a VHW (which might be arriving tomorrow I hope).

standard,

manchild

Vapourist
Fosta420 said:
Whats up guys,

Just got my new VripTech heat wand in the mail along with the 18.8 gong bowl and a new weedstar bong. I had been waiting all week for it so as soon as it got here I took it to a buddies and we tried it out. After watching all the videos of it and seeing the huge milky hits I was anxious. I read the instructions top to bottom just to make sure and after trying to rip it several times I wasn't getting anywhere near a milky hit, I even had it on the hottest setting. I could see some vapor, but definetly wasn't what I was expecting. You guys got any tips or something you think i'm doing wrong?

Thanks
I also had these problems at the start and they were all resolved with the VT1 adjustment. Apparently the VT1 setting should be set right during manufacturing but mine wasn't, so definitely check to see where yours is set. No dramas though, it's a very simple alteration. There are detailed instructions in all of the VRIP threads so i won't go into it again.

After the adjustment, the milky hits were exactly what i had seen and drooled over on youtube. :ko: Also as mentioned using a surge protector is very important.

manchild,

UrDoinItWrong

Fosta420 said:
Whats up guys,

Thanks
You COULD be doin it wrong!! ;) please take a pic of your setup all put together. Is your wand tip visibly glowing on the highest setting?

UrDoinItWrong,
I also had these problems at the start and they were all resolved with the VT1 adjustment. Apparently the VT1 setting should be set right during manufacturing but mine wasn't, so definitely check to see where yours is set. No dramas though, it's a very simple alteration. There are detailed instructions in all of the VRIP threads so i won't go into it again.
Sorry for being lazy but can you guys tell me what page on this thread I can look to for the VT1 adjusment?

Fosta420,

rayski

Fosta420 said:
Sorry for being lazy but can you guys tell me what page on this thread I can look to for the VT1 adjusment?

Why don't you do a search: keyword:vt1

rayski,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Hahaha makin it easy for everyone. Super simple to do. And if you ever need somethin a lil hotter for bubble hash this is your ticket too :cool:

minnesnowta,

standard

Came back from vacation to a package from Foster City. :)

Here's my first-look review. I'm holding off on a more in-depth look for a week or two, as this vape obviously has a steeper learning curve than most and deserves pilot training.

First: the packaging. Came in a discreet box, wrapped in heavy padded brown paper. Looks packed well, I can't imagine it incurring any damage along the way. Inside was the VHW wand and two-piece bowl I ordered, along with a packing slip. What would have been nice is a small brochure, or a sticker (like my vapo came with), but I understand the business of keeping costs down. Still, a sticker would have been nice though. :p

Went to this thread and the vriptech site to read up on instructions. Placed a little vegetable oil on the o-ring seal for the bowl. The two bowl pieces are quite nice, feel thick. With a lubricated o-ring the mating acting was smooth.

The wand itself looks nice. The power cord coming from it looked especially robust (unlike my vapo cord). The glass half on the wand does wobble a bit, which at first raised an eyebrow. But I think it may actually be a positive, in that it discourages jamming the wand end into the bowl too hard. This is definitely a vape to hold gently. I found by holding the wand by the glass part that's furthest from the end, I had a steady grip on the unit and good control.

One minor nitpick is the heat dial. The sticker on mine was already coming off, and it wasn't immediately clear to me which way was hotter/cooler. Looking closely I could see a small bump on the wand that was to line up with the dial, but it would have been nice if that bump was colored red to make it easier to see. Nonetheless, it was easy to verify which was was hotter and cooler by noticing the red light that comes on when the unit is heating. Turning the dial towards the cooler direction turned the red heating light off, so again this isn't a big deal. I will probably take a very small brush and paint the hash mark for the dial with red or dayglo paint.

The next thing was the silicon sleeve, which is more of a silicon o-ring placed over the tip of the glass end of the wand. I asked earlier if the tip was easy-on and easy-off, so one could easily use the silicon for a good mate with the VCB, or remove it for a BM slide. The silicon ring came off quite-easily, but after doing a couple of dry runs with the VCB, I decided it would be better to leave the silicon ring on to prevent any possibility of glass collision between the wand an bowl. What seemed to work well was to push the silicon ring deeper onto the wand, so that more of the glass end was exposed, as a way to increase heat. The lower bowl does look a ways away from the wand end, almost an inch, but I assume that's by design. The silicon ring does help to prevent any jarring glass sound when putting the wand down, so I'll use it as a way to protect the glass wand end at the very least.

At this point I was reminded that my Ehle tube that was to be married to the 18mm VCB has still not arrived yet :mad:, so testing the VHW would have to wait. But I did do simulations, plugging the wand into a surge protector, heating it up, inspecting the glass, etc. The dry run testing was such a tease!

One thing that did pop into my mind, is wanting a way to connect the wand to the bowl. That way the bowl could be packed, then latched onto the wand for pre-heating. Then the wand/bowl could be handled as a single unit, which would make carbing much easier than putting the wand down and pulling the slide as two separate motions. The MacGyver in me was pondering how to make one, but there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach something on the wand end, other than using the air intake holes somehow. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

At this point, I was dying with anticipation to try this vape for real, and an idea came to mind. I packed the lower bowl, set the temp to about 85%, and just put the end of the lower bowl to my mouth. Oh ye Vaping Gods forgive me for such a ghetto method, but in about twenty seconds I was drawing much vapor. The taste was divine, and the vapor was thick. OH YEAH.

BTW, the effect was quite strong, but I'll wait for a proper setup to review the performance later. For now I'm feeling good vibes.

standard,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Got my replacement heater. Took a little while for Vrip to get back to me with a solution. Standard customer service emails just basically needed to wait for Mark. but once contacted by Mark i was taken care of by means of an overnight priority mail delivery. new heater went in within maybe 45 seconds. Now the new heater.... works! much better! Mark was very helpful but. . . by the response i had received from customer service at one point i was thinking i was crazy. They said you wand heating element doesn't need to turn orange. the old one didn't, and didn't work. new one does, and works great! so tasty. having fun and very ripped. i need to get 1inch screens for my BM bowl these 3/4in doen't cut it. No one has 1inch local. Anyone know where i can order some? Can't seem to fins any online.

IAmKrazy2,

11eleven11

standard said:
First: the packaging. Came in a discreet box, wrapped in heavy padded brown paper. Looks packed well, I can't imagine it incurring any damage along the way.
Yeah seriously. That's why I was super surprised when mine came with the glass cracked. But thankfully Mark got back to me on that and I'm being shipped a replacement glass cover. :peace:

I think that whoever put mine together screwed the glass cover on way too tight.

I ordered the complete 14.4mm VCBS. I'm also getting a BM bowl. I wonder which I'll end up liking more. The BM will be sexier, that's for sure.

11eleven11,

justvape

does anyone know how long blazemaster takes to make his slides? Ive been waiting 3 weeks and have sent several emails with no response.

justvape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Blazemaster might have some personal issues right now. I believe he will get back to you.

Vaped up a little more then .3grams of my finest herb in my smaller glass vape piece. Wow. The taste is great. I somehow feel hesitant to say this but ok. . . . best taste of any vape. Crap. I said it. It was downright amazing with the good stuff i have. OK. On cloud 9. Peace.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IamKrazy2 - the VHW might not be the most durable vape out there, but when it's working properly, I believe it to provide some of the best, if not the best, vapor experience.

I just got a HOPS Jagito, I'll post some videos of it mated with the VHW later on today.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Yeah, the good stuff I have right now makes me smack my lips afterwards when I use it in the PD. In the VHW, it was basicly a religious experience.

IAmKrazy2,

11eleven11

Gaaaaah IAmKrazy2 you're making me want to use my vriptech so bad! :lol:

My replacement glass cover and bowl comes today. :D

11eleven11,

yolky

I received my 18.8mm lower GonG adapter and mated it up with my brand new 1 footer RooR. I placed ice cubes down the tube (pretty much the reason why I got my RooR, for the ice catcher). I can't believe the difference ice makes when vriping! It's a completely different experience.

Some more observations/ comments regarding the Vrip Heat Wand:

I've had my heat wand and have been using it for the past 2 weeks now. The spice I use is nothing but kush. I find that right out of the box, I've been using my heat wand at its maximum temperature. I usually pack probably around .3 to .4, always ground up using a space case. I find when packing this amount, with this spice, at the heat wands highest setting, i'm able to get about 4 rips max, with rips number 2 and 3 usually being the best (thickest). In reality though, from a freshly packed bowl, I get two sufficient rips. After the 4 attempts, the AVB the spice is yellow/brown, not as brown as some of the pics I've seen posted. I feel like I should be able to get one more solid rip, but at the current max temp setting, I don't think it can get there. Now don't get me wrong, I am still extremely satisfied with the current conditions, but I have been pondering on adjusting the VT1 setting just a hair... just to give me a little more "headroom" for that last rip. Is this an easy "mod" to do?

yolky,
Top Bottom