Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

CapnVape

stonemonkey55 said:
I am not familiar with the 16mm female ground glass joint, I thought the two standards were 14 and 18mm? While the 12mm should fit right in, I think I would play it safe and get one of the taper joint stems - http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...ore_Code=VR&Product_Code=TJS&Category_Code=RP

Those are for 18.8 female joints though. Since it starts off thinner than gradually tapers to get bigger, I think that it might still work. Can anyone offer any additional help/advice?
Hey SM55, I'm pretty sure NoSmoke is talking about a slider downstem, not GG. The slider style downstems come in 12mm and 16mm to fit a 9mm and 12mm slider.

:peace:

CapnVape,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
edit/// ^ :tup:

16mm isn't ground glass as far as I know, could it be the largest of the 'regular' type slides?

9mm, 12mm, and apparently 16mm.

http://www.bluntbros.com/products.asp?cat=38

16mm might also be the diameter of the female piece, as it appears on that and other sites, in which case, you'd be using a 12mm slide, which is the point CapnVape is trying to make, and seems to be the most logical (right) answer.

SpiralArchitect,

NoSmoke

thanks guys, yeah the downstem isnt GG its just the regular downstem so I'm set!!!

SA- yeah they still have the fishtank!!! And there prices are still the best in Minnesota by far for quality glass, I have pieces i bought there beforre I was 18 (27 now), well i didnt buy it hehe, and there still being used, well they were till I got my SSV but thats a whole other story.

NoSmoke,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I loved going to Clown, my cousin lives right down the street from it. That burrito place was right next to it... forgot what it was called.

Anyways, if you were worried Spiral wont have a bong I just ordered this guy from EDIT. Most likely my VHW will be sitting without a bong for a while but oh well.... this is kinda a 'treat' to myself. So stoked! It's a lot nicer than what I would have gotten from SMG for 130$.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...ial_Sandblasted_Logo_Base.cfm?iProductID=6267

SpiralArchitect,

CapnVape

That bong looks sweet Spiral. I think I might pick up an EHLE after the GonG VCB comes out. Until then I think I'll survive :rolleyes: with the VWT pro :p. Man, I hope you manage to get some kind of water pipe by the time your VHW comes so you don't have to wait.

CapnVape,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Fuck yeah it is, I'm sure the VHW will beat the EHLE here but that is OK. I guess I'll be experimenting with my wand... or something, we'll see. I'm excited all around. I really want my Bluedot, but I doubt it will be coming here ---

WHOA! My friend just called. The Bluedot is on it's way!!!! A bunch of stuff happened that I don't want to post here, another time... company over

I think I'm gonna let the EHLE come anyway!!! :D'

I'm like a fucking kid in a candy store here. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Nice choice!!! You are going to have a seriously ill setup. Can't wait to see the videos.

:ninja:

KeepCalm,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
The thing I am most excited about is experimenting myself. Excuse me if I say this but the only 'experience' any of us have had with this vape is sm55's testimony. I ordered both the reg and jet flo to try them out for myself. Frankly the descriptors are confusing (bigger hits vs thicker hits? whats the difference? :/ ). Also, having a tube and a beaker will provide more experimentation... no diffusers here though, sadly.

What glass pieces are everyone else using with their VHW? I'm really interested to compare how your particular water tool affects the vaporizing process (thickness, filtration, cooling, ease of draw, etc.)....

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
192607380img0331hl6.jpg

i am planning on using this bong, its really nice, 7" tall and 14mm gong
i am ordering the jetflo and i am planning on dropping the stem right into the gong

i also have plans for a stationary jar and whip type filter sort of like the element home unit or the aromed

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
SA - The thing I am most excited about is experimenting myself. Excuse me if I say this but the only 'experience' any of us have had with this vape is sm55's testimony. I ordered both the reg and jet flo to try them out for myself. Frankly the descriptors are confusing (bigger hits vs thicker hits? whats the difference? hmm ). Also, having a tube and a beaker will provide more experimentation
CV - I think I might pick up an EHLE after the GonG VCB comes out.
I am excited for all of you who are fortunate enough to be able to get in on the pre-order deal (I'll have to live vicariously through you guys for now). How would this EHLE ( http://www.head-nature.com/02308.html )be for experimentation with the VHW :lol: (here it is in action http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?&next_url=/watch?v=-Ge5wXwTc2A )

SA - no diffusers here though, sadly.
Just my :2c: : If it is by choice, then...cool :cool: . If not I recommend glass beads/shapes (for aquariums, etc). They allow a cheap alternative for adjustable degrees of diffusion (the size and shape of the beads affects the pathways available for air/steam to travel) Just be careful with your down-stem and make sure to burn/iso the glass beads to ensure that they have no coatings (iso could also be used to recover condensation on the beads/inner walls if the effort is deemed worthy :rolleyes: ). If interested, the most you'd likely really spend is a few dollars (unless you start to collect custom beads with pictures/designs like myself :uhoh: )

Even though I, myself, am not able to yet order a VHW; I feel like I am waiting in excitement with the rest of you for the arrival of the pre-orders (hope you don't mind me sharing some of your anticipation and joy until my time comes along :p ).

Well, "good things come to those who wait", right? :lol: --H.J. Heinz

Toke it easy!

Progress,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I didnt read the whole post (it is way to long ) but here is what happen ....I need something new and it make a long time that I want a pd BUT I dont have any vap like the vhw and it seem super interesting cause it work with glass soo ...I know that I'll probably get both ...but there is 33% of the vhw and it make a super difference since I'm in canada and us/cad make me sick ...so I have lil question to stonemonkey55 .....

1: how do it work with hash/bho ?

2: is it hot enought to vap solid hash?

3: what the cost to ship it to Canada (Quebec) vhw only no bowl ?

4: Do you (or vrip tech what ever) accept paypal ?

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I just got an email from EDIT, that EHLE is out of stock until Feb 11th, which is the date it should be shipped. :/ I guess I might be looking at 3weeks +, as long as my Bluedot makes it. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Frankly the descriptors are confusing (bigger hits vs thicker hits? whats the difference? hmm ).
The best way can try to describe it is that the standard hits more like a PD and the jetflo hits more like a SSV.

1: how do it work with hash/bho ?

2: is it hot enought to vap solid hash?

3: what the cost to ship it to Canada (Quebec) vhw only no bowl ?

4: Do you (or vrip tech what ever) accept paypal ?
1 & 2 - Not sure, I have never tried

3 - 15 bucks to Canada I believe, I do recommend the bowl unless you are going to make one yourself

4 - He does accept paypal but prefers MC, VIsa, or Amex. He said it's because Paypal sometimes delays payment due to the nature of the business.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
and for 15 buck do you know what type of shipping it is (fedex, usps,ups ect )?...I dont have any cc so it will be paypal if I take one ....is it hot enought to overvape (at full power) ?

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
sm55 said:
The best way can try to describe it is that the standard hits more like a PD and the jetflo hits more like a SSV.
Okay, that analogy makes a bit more sense. I'm excited to experiment myself....

C_D, yeah, you can 'overvape'... sm55 says he hasn't, since he prefers vaping at a slightly lower temp, but he said it is possible, depending on the temp. setting and your draw speed.

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - I believe he ships UPS and it definitely gets hot enough to over vape, just not sure if it gets hot enough to vape hash, i don't have any to give it a try

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
k thanks ....I have to think about it , I think I'll wait some review just be sure ...cause I have so many vap now that I jsut want to be sure to get something better than the rest.

PD or vhw first :uhoh:

if I make my MIND and go with the vhw what do I have to do ...??

EDITED

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
if I make my mine and go with the vhw what do I have to do ...??
Not sure what you would have to do specifications wise but my recommendation is to just get the complete VHW + VCB. I don't know what the best analogy for this is but this might work, you wouldn't buy a Ferrari then put truck tires on it, it needs high performance tires to take advantage of the sick engine inside...hope that helps..

edit - SA - while I used the analogy of the PD versus SSV, the differences aren't nearly as large, just wanted to set expectations

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe sorry just edit my last post ....sorry just make a stupid mistake ....but LOL dont take it personal but the glass bowl that go with the vhw look more like a truck to me ....if I buy it I defenetly want just the vhw LOL making somethin similar to the bowl will cost me like 3$ and some time soo ...

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
hehe sorry just edit my last post ....sorry just make a stupid mistake ....but LOL dont take it personal but the glass bowl that go with the vhw look more like a truck to me ....if I buy it I defenetly want just the vhw LOL making somethin similar to the bowl will cost me like 3$ and some time soo ...
LOL, sorry about the misunderstanding! no offense taken at all, I'd love to see your bowl when you make it!

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

:D Alright alright!!! I just got my confirmation email!!! I am very excited, total was 165.00 shpping included!!! Thank you sm55!!!

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Nosmoke, send me an email at info@vriptech.com so I know which one you are, just put this is NoSmoke in the subject line. I'll get you an update on your order!

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom