rshetts

A friend of mine took advantage of the Vape USA clearance and managed to grab 2 Volcano Digits with a solid kits for $332 a piece. He gifted me one so now I have a Volcano!
This guy and I have been best buds for over 50 years. Coolest dude on the planet.
I have a Haze V3 and really like but it will be relegated to portable status as the Cano will be my daily driver now. The Haze is great little unit but it just can not compare to the efficiency and output of the Cano. Ive wanted one of these for years but the price was just too steep, as Im on a fixed income. Anyway, I now own the best Vape out there and am a very happy vaper.

420engineer

I had my Volcano for about a week now and love it. My heat button issue hasn't occurred in a few days now so maybe the button just needed to be worked in. I like how the bag lets you go "wireless" once the balloon is inflated, and how I'm able to get very consistent results which just wasn't possible with the LSV.

I'm surprised at how well it works with even the amount I used in the LSV, but with room for more when I want something stronger.

BTW I noticed a distinct line in my ABV jar starting when I got the Volcano where it's very evenly vaped, while the LSV's ABV is very uneven with both near-green and black parts.

you sound like you're trying to convince yourself the LSV is rubbish [that must be like your 787,537,543th dig at it] and the Volcano is the best thing ever. just relax, enjoy your purchase and stop worrying about vapes you no longer use, it's OK if other people like stuff that you don't :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Funny, I got mine today (Classic) too. Unfortunately the solid valve kit didn't arrive. :disgust: The valve kit is coming UPS while the Cano came Fedex. What's up with that?:shrug:

:peace:

Damn...it seems I really am getting lucky with this vendor. I was really glad the bag was already assembled for me.

Any of you Volcano experts got tips for using it with a dinky load?

One night and three loads in:
- Did I mention the thing is Huge?
- The bowl is Huge as well...great for parties, we'll see how it goes for small solo sessions
- Where do I hook my whip up to this thing?
- Fastest bag filler ever
- Still the best valve system out there
- Simple to use and built like a tank

My first load was smaller than I want to use...just enough to completely cover the screen and the first bag was decent. Not enough herb in there for a second one. The second load was what I normally use, which I want to cut back from, and I got three really good bags out of it. Final load was ridiculously large...a little over half the bowl was filled. I could only do one bag, though, as I passed out within the hour!

I've heard this thing can be efficient, so bring it on!

rshetts

I found out on line that you can put a small amount in the bowl and then put the stainless steel concentrates pad over the herb. I did that for a smaller load and it worked fine.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks @rshetts ! Would that be any different than using the spacer that is already part of the solid valve? I like that the design lets me shrink the size height of the bowl. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about the diameter...

jim-bob

Yeah, I haven't used my volc in some time, and it's an easy valve, but I used to really enjoy this:
1. Small load, enough to cover the screen, 365F.
2. Add the same amount to the existing load, 375F.
3. Add the same amount again, 385F.
4. Run the last bag at 400F and hope that you got the digital, because you're not going to remember to shut it off.

MinnBobber

Thanks

oh, 100Watt is enormous
To me, 100 W is a small amount of power, considering some portables with mere batteries have 40+ watt heaters to heat tiny little units. Only draws less than 1 amp.
Volcano has AC power at its disposal, as it needs to heat a chamber that is gigantic (at least in my world).
Volc draws less than 1 amp.
She needs all an ample heater to do her work. Still draws less than a 120 W lightbulb.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Because the heating light is only on when it is heating up or stabilizing the temp. It takes a while to cool down, so it has a good heat sink in there.

MinnBobber

it's not drawing that continuously once Up to temp.
X2. Yes, just max draw while heating to temp. Then cycles on as needed

It uses way more energy to go from 70 F to 440 F than it does to keep it there. Big heat sink and it just has to bring it back up like 5 degrees F after a balloon ---eezy peezy :)

justcametomind

Yeah, I haven't used my volc in some time, and it's an easy valve, but I used to really enjoy this:
1. Small load, enough to cover the screen, 365F.
2. Add the same amount to the existing load, 375F.
3. Add the same amount again, 385F.
4. Run the last bag at 400F and hope that you got the digital, because you're not going to remember to shut it off.
I made sure to get the digit. I vaguely remembered that auto shut-off was pretty much the only plus, other than the digital screen. I don't regret it. Volcano Digit.. It's like owning.. My Mighty's (screen) grandparent.
Because the heating light is only on when it is heating up or stabilizing the temp. It takes a while to cool down, so it has a good heat sink in there.
How many bags did you pack? lol
I may sound pretty the vapor nerd (which I am) but I want to try the solid valve too.

Or not. Seems too heavy.

I feel like I had a go at the entire S&B family. Which I did.
I started banging the little sister, then went to the bigger one, the Mighty. Then the ugly one, which I don't regret at all, the Plenty. We fucked (combustion) hard and that's the focus. :D
Plenty's bowl can be very helpful for pain relief.
Then I pointed to mother Volcano which is my best purchase ever.
Like being 12 again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom