Vitolo

Vaporist
I am able to hit the volcano with no fan assist, using a whip, but it takes good lungs.
You can even take a small draw and get flavor right away. That is terpenes.
I have tested the "flavor hits" for many years, and while a delightful preview to the bud to come, it is not always medicating.... but the well being that comes from tasting a strain is beneficial! ( I am a flavor grabber, but do waste some flavor when I use the Volcano)
I too, however no longer worry about that miniscule flavor touch, and I allow my Volcano a few seconds of bagless fan, to get the vapor going to the thickness and richness I like.

Last edited:

DorianGray

I am able to hit the volcano with no fan assist, using a whip, but it takes good lungs.

I have tested the "flavor hits" for many years, and while a delightful preview to the bud to come, it is not always medicating.... but the well being that comes from tasting a strain is beneficial! ( I am a flavor grabber, but do waste some flavor when I use the Volcano)
I too, however no longer worry about that miniscule flavor touch, and I allow my Volcano a few seconds of bagless fan, to get the vapor going to the thickness and richness I like.

Vitolo, what temps do you vape at?

DorianGray,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Whatever temperature I use....
..when I am done, I set temperature back to 377º automatically, by habit...
so that I always know when I hit that "on" button where I am going.

DorianGray

that's about 6.2 on my volcano classic, Ill try that later today and let you know what I think.

update: It's good, I like it. After 2 bags at 6.2 I get a nice high, a little on the lighter side compared my 439' usual sessions. It's more of a mood enhancing high, than a stoned high. It takes a while to get passed the "theres something missing" feeling. At this temp I'm more talkative too.

Last edited:

SecureSwede

Where is the best place to buy a volcano? I prefer a new analog with easy valve but any combination will be fine. I just need to sell my evo first haha.

SecureSwede,

olivianewtonjohn

Where is the best place to buy a volcano? I prefer a new analog with easy valve but any combination will be fine. I just need to sell my evo first haha.
YMMV but I bought my volcano on craigslist. Buying used of course you are taking a chance, but the volcano is made very well. I have an analog with easy valve and love it. Biggest negative for me is the larger bowl, I wish there was a smaller option (mods havent worked for me yet).

olivianewtonjohn,

DorianGray

I've been adding the metal wired puck along with enough flower to cover the screen completely and the result is incredible vapour for the first 2 bags at about 430'F,

Without the metal puck I get 4 bags, with it I get 3. The puck seems to make the extraction much quicker.

DorianGray,

sixstringsmash

Hello,

As I stated in the title, I just bought a volcano classic vaporizer from my local headshop. I have used it a few times and it seems to be working very well and it is producing some very nice bags, but I noticed that when I pick the volcano up it seems to be making a rattling noise like a screw might be loose inside the volcano or something. The volcano itself is working fine other than this rattling inside the volcano so I'm hesitant to return it so quickly and just wanted to know if this is normal for Volcano's or if I should return this to the store? Any help would be appreciated and thank you for your time.

sixstringsmash,

hoptimum

The top comes off very easily. Just unscrew all of the screws with the right screwdriver, lift up the aluminum cover and take a peek inside. I believe you can find some videos on youtube.

hoptimum,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
More vapor at the lose of terpenes? No thanks

It was suggested. (In this thread) to make a small 2 toke bag and then chain fill this first with your usual bag with no fan blowing at the start.

This gives you one SUPER bag full of tasty goodness.

I am now doing this and it is fucking awesome.

:p

DorianGray

I'm looking to add water filtration to my volcano setup. Can someone recommend a bubbler that works well with the volcano for less than $500?

olivianewtonjohn

Last edited:

Jman5280

Have you seen this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-547#post-718102

If you have $500 id recommend getting something like the enano and a cheap water tool

~$60 water pipe and enano for a total of ~$260

Id recommend checking out the Plenty. I decided on Plenty over the Volcano and E-Nano, because it was best suited for my personal preferences.

The Plenty can deliver a Volcano punch, without the bag, and can also easily hook up to water. If I was going to use a water piece with my vape all the time, I would choose the E-Nano, but The Plenty seemed to be the perfect desktop for me.

How will you be hooking up water filtration to a volcano? I didn't think you could avoid the bag system.

Jman5280,

DorianGray

Have you seen this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-547#post-718102

If you have $500 id recommend getting something like the enano and a cheap water tool

~$60 water pipe and enano for a total of ~$260

that video is hilarious.
thanks for the link, ill check it out. I don't want to purchase another vaporizer. I want to use my volcano.

I've seen setups where the bag is attached to water filtration, and I've seen others where a whip is used.

After spending 2 weeks messing around with my crafty I've realized just how powerful my volcano is and I can't help but feel like I've been neglecting it. *hugs volcano*

DorianGray,
Reactions: KidFated.

Nasty Nate

Cocktail Connoisseur
hey fc!

i purchased a new digital volcano w/ez valve system earlier this week and am also trying to hook it up to a water piece

i think the one i have now is too small

a much bigger piece will probably work better because i simply can't keep up with the air pump
vapor just bellows out of the mouthpiece at a very fast rate (pretty cool btw)
even when i try turning off the pump between hits it's too much. i think i just need more volume. something i can fill up and clear
this is the piece i have http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...d-of-life-sidecar-bubbler-with-lace-perc.html
i didn't buy it for the volcano. i bought it to pair with the mighty. i saw somebody here on fc make a mod using a cooling unit and a 18/14 reducer so i did the same and figured this piece would work well with it. but i ended up selling the mighty to a friend after a month because i wasn't satisfied with it, so now i'm stuck with this bubbler that's too small

any advice on a good glass piece to pair with the volcano?
i saw a vid on youtube of somebody using a hydratube with a cano and it looked like a lotta fun
i'd be interested in that mod too. right now i'm just using silicone tubing stuffed down the 18mm glass joint with the other end sealed to the top of the filling chamber

i'd love to see some of your volcano setups using water filtration
it seems like using a volcano with water isn't very popular. maybe it's the pump?
hopefully i can come up with something nice because i know i'll eventually getting tired of the bag system
although it's very effective i like running my vapor through glass and water

Nasty Nate,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

olivianewtonjohn

It's your guys call but for me nothing I do with the volcano comes close for water use, I much rather use the cloud or enano. I tried hooking up tubing to the volcano and its fun once and awhile but you use the air button a lot since you have to turn it on and off for each hit. Also just generally more clumbsy feeling and rushed due to the pump. I tried using bags with glass and its ok nothing to write home about and very inefficient , you get condensation with the bag then get condensation with the water pipe.

This doesn't mean volcano is a bad machine but trying to use it for something it's not designed to do was unsurprisingly bad. I even rather use the arizer solo with water

I will go with cloud/enano almost every time over volcano for water. It's not even close.

As for the plenty, I have never had the chance to use it but it seems too similar to the cano for me. I rather have another vaporizer that is more contrasting (smaller bowl), easier and smaller to pair with water. Also gong adapter are always nicer than jary rigging a connection. That said I am certain it works better with water than the cano.

Last edited:

Nasty Nate

Cocktail Connoisseur
the volcano vapes my herbs so evenly and perfectly. it's something i've never experienced before.
when i used to vape i remember having problems like getting hot-spots (ssv, enano), cooking just the top of the load (enano), and disliking the taste of conduction vapes (solo, mflb). it's amazing how well the volcano vaporizes whatever you put in it so evenly and thoroughly. i also like cooking a load at 3 different temps instead of just one.
load a bowl and get 3-4 ballons out of it! i didn't expect one bowl to last so long in the volcano.

this is how my 1st volcano session went down:
i bought 3 different strains from a local dispensary
i made 1 small pile of each strain to load up and vape seperately
cooked the 1st strain of original chem dawg at 385, then 415, then 437
you'd think the 3rd bag tasted like shit, but no
that's what surprised me the most
i was shocked that i even got another bag after blowing one @ 415 but the fact that it didn't taste terrible shocked me even more (btw that bag was thick like cream). i thought maybe i didn't mind the taste because that is one of my favorite strains. so i loaded up the 2nd bowl.

this was chem valley kush. i almost didnt even load it up because when i went to grind it i noticed that it wasn't as dry as it should've been. looked sexy in the jar at the dispensary.. wish i would've snapped a bud to see the cure on it (they don't mind when i do that). so i got kinda upset and vowed to return the bud but then said fuck it and loaded it up. i guess i was overthinking it because the volcano had no problem vaping that bud. maybe the vapor was a bit thinner, but it was hard for me to tell, and the 3rd bag didn't taste bad.

then came the last strain: cannatonic
same temps, however this strain produced much more vapor than the 1st two. much more.
so much that i fell asleep on my chair after the 2nd bag, woke up 9 hours later in a stupor, lights and tv still on
maybe one of these days i can make it to that 9th bag, but i don't plan on trying again anytime soon

i know those temps are on the higher side but i'm transitioning from dabbing to vaping at the moment and prefer the effects from higher temps. and i just like blowing nice thick rich clouds of vapor

btw the abv on all 3 strains were a nice lightly toasted brown
the cannatonic was slightly lighter than the other 2 strains (only cooked it twice)
i expected the piles of abv to be much darker
all 3 of them were lighter than the solo abv i recall (used to toss that stuff)
volcano abv seems ideal for making qwiso, edibles, etc. with

today i've been doing some tests using water and so far i've had better results pressing the valve of the balloon against the 14mm female adapter (complete seal) on my bubbler than i've had using the silicone whip + bubbler. it's too much of a hassle like @olivianewtonjohn said

oh well. i can always get another ssv which worked incredibly well with water

still very pleased with this purchase. i can't see another vape i'd rather use when i have company over than the volcano
it just may be a bit too much for my daily solo sessions, and will also probably raise my tolerance since i can't take just one big rip and put it down, i have to take several

Last edited:
Nasty Nate,

SecureSwede

I just got my volcano today! Traded a vapexhale evo for it, as much as I loved the evo the thing had a bunch of flaws that did not work for what I wanted. First it had a 1 hour shut off time, so throughout the night that meant i needed to turn it off and on at least 5 times to keep it running. I would forget half the time and it would be stone cold by the time I wanted to hit it. I also hated the long heat up time, from cold to heated it would take at least 10+ minutes. It was also really hard to pass around in groups, since you needed to pass the whole unit. The simplicity of my volcano is what I want, only the unit and bags. Im too excited to try it out, I wont be able to for a week or so but once I am back at my apartment Ill be free to hit it nightly.

If youre wondering I got the volcano classic with two easy valve's and 2 new bags. This matched with my firefly and muad'dib is the perfect family of vapes for me.

SecureSwede,

DorianGray

It's your guys call but for me nothing I do with the volcano comes close for water use, I much rather use the cloud or enano. I tried hooking up tubing to the volcano and its fun once and awhile but you use the air button a lot since you have to turn it on and off for each hit. Also just generally more clumbsy feeling and rushed due to the pump. I tried using bags with glass and its ok nothing to write home about and very inefficient , you get condensation with the bag then get condensation with the water pipe.

This doesn't mean volcano is a bad machine but trying to use it for something it's not designed to do was unsurprisingly bad. I even rather use the arizer solo with water

I will go with cloud/enano almost every time over volcano for water. It's not even close.

As for the plenty, I have never had the chance to use it but it seems too similar to the cano for me. I rather have another vaporizer that is more contrasting (smaller bowl), easier and smaller to pair with water. Also gong adapter are always nicer than jary rigging a connection. That said I am certain it works better with water than the cano.

thank you so much for your input bro! thats why this place is so awesome. your insight makes a lot of sense, and I get the idea that hooking up the volcano to water filtration might be a little too much of a chore, to the point where you just don't want to do it for long.

your post might of saved me a few hundred bucks right there, thanks again.

Top Bottom