FrigginRights

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the Volcano Vaporizer? (Same type of format, stationary+bags+fan) Or am I just being too optimistic? :D haha

FrigginRights,

olivianewtonjohn

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the Volcano Vaporizer? (Same type of format, stationary+bags+fan) Or am I just being too optimistic? :D haha

If your not against it maybe check out craigslist. You take a risk with anything used, but the volcano is known for its quality. I bought one for $130 on craiglist, probably not the most common price; but just to give you an idea

DorianGray

I love my volcano, before pressing the fan button to fill my bag I let it heat up my material for 10 secs first, and then let it blow air into the balloon, is there anything wrong with doing that?

DorianGray,

Vitolo

Vaporist
is there anything wrong with doing that?

Not from where I am sitting!
I sometimes let it sit for a minute or more... then I blast a touch of air into a bag.....
Then I stop.. inhale the "wispy beginin's"
and reconnect the bag to fill 'er up good... with nuttin but
the thickest richest cream filling!
The delightful "filet o' vapor"
The heart of the romaine.
the main event!​

ahem...
What I meant to say was no, there is nothing wrong with that.

DorianGray

Not from where I am sitting!
I sometimes let it sit for a minute or more... then I blast a touch of air into a bag.....
Then I stop.. inhale the "wispy beginin's"
and reconnect the bag to fill 'er up good... with nuttin but
the thickest richest cream filling!
The delightful "filet o' vapor"
The heart of the romaine.
the main event!​

ahem...
What I meant to say was no, there is nothing wrong with that.

lol bro *fistbump* I'm going to try that in about an hour and will let you know what I think.

what temps do you vape at? I know I saw you post it somewhere here before I can't remember.

I do 3-4 bags at 9 which is 439'

DorianGray,
Reactions: Vitolo

olivianewtonjohn

I love my volcano, before pressing the fan button to fill my bag I let it heat up my material for 10 secs first, and then let it blow air into the balloon, is there anything wrong with doing that?
Only issue I can think of is losing terpenes which would be a lose in flavor and effect. Now does it get hot enough for the terpenes to vaporize? Probably not

EDIT: Oh yeah and I have heard of people melting their bowls, not sure if their volcano was malfunctioning or if leaving the bowl on there for long periods of time did this?

Overall probably not a big concern with the way you are using it.

olivianewtonjohn,

zor

I've passed out with my bowl on the 'cano set at 9 and haven't suffered any damage.

Kolila, I do the same thing with doing a hot air "purge" to heat up the herb until I start to see vapor and then I clamp the bag on. Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference :p

olivianewtonjohn

The reason why I mentioned terpenes is, do you notice when hitting a direct vaporizer like the arizer solo or cloud that the first hit produces very little visible vapor but is very tastey? Those are terpenes. Some say terpenes play a large role in effect, and are a big reason why different strains have such different effects. I dont think visibility would be a good way to tell if terpenes are vaporizing.

zor

Man, being lazy and letting my volcano get gunky definitely has noticable impacts on my vapor quality...from poor seal production with the solid valve and base to seemingly worse vapor production, this post is my reminder to myself to clean my device more regularly.

That said, how much enjoyment do you guys get from volcano reclaim? I wash all my pieces with 99% ISO, evaporate (and purge, when I get sneak into the lab) the ISO in a flat dish, scrape it all together with a blade and I'm left with a hybrid liquid/solid brown goop (the "liquid" portion is very viscous, the "solid" is mostly plant matter that would stick to parts of the Volcano that the hot air flows through.

Smoking this produces familiar heavy flavors from regular weed combustion but I haven't found much of an effect...do any of you guys do this and, if so, what are your experiences? I haven't found an effective way to vape it but I'm more interested to know whether there are any psychoactive properties in this reclaim to begin with. I have read a number of posts that refer to harvesting reclaim in a variety of vapes, just curious what your experiences have been with the (seemingly) considerable amount the volcano produces.

zor,

zor

Nice! I somehow missed that post Vitolo. My reclaim doesn't look anything like that...I'll post pics when I get home. I'm considering extracting it again with ISO and filtering out the solid matter to see if that helps improve the potency at all...

zor,

idtpx

Hi,

after 2+ years I finally figured out what caused random irritation to my lungs I wrote about 4 or 5 pages back.

All that problems are caused by big particles in vapor.
Bong even with the tightest holes of diffusion is not able to filter it properly, only small portion.

I started to put thin sheet of cotton cloth into my solid valve mouthpiece. I cannot describe how much this helped me to completely stop lungs irritation problems.

Now I can vape literally unlimited without any irritation at all.

Last edited:

Stinky

I have owned a digital volcano for a very long time now. It is by far the best purchase I have made in the last 10 years. If it broke or got stolen I would order another one straight away without thinking about it.

Easy valve for the win!

olivianewtonjohn

Wonder if anyone else has a vapor blunt 2.0 18mm Plastic-on-glass connection? Words great with 18mm, before I was having a hard time getting an airtight seal.

olivianewtonjohn,
hi.

just got my classic easy valve.
first time with one. have used it for about a week and I'm pretty happy with it!
just a quick question,

how often should the heating element come on?
it is in a cold garage.

i set it to 6.
wait for it to heat up and for the heating light to go off.
put bag on and turn on fan.
bag is about 3/4 full and heating light comes back on.

is this a problem?

!thanks!

samsung888,

DorianGray

samsung: when the heating light goes off, let the fan push hot air through your material for 10 secs before you put your bag on, this way you get more vapor in each bag.

DorianGray,

olivianewtonjohn

The instruction manual says to do so for 5 secs.

Thats interesting, my own experience conflicts. Every convection (mainly) vaporizers I have used gets a great flavorful hit on first draw. You can even take a small draw and get flavor right away. That is terpenes.

I guess this could be tested by using the volcano with a very short whip. Take shortest hit possible and see if you get flavor (anything less than 5 seconds).

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: DorianGray
Top Bottom