Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
I use the liquid pad, when I have bounty....
It is an exhilarating "medicating' experience...
Hey V.-
What temp do you use for regular hash, bubble, and oils?
Thanks

CA5H-
Thanks for the inspiration...

334jd3p.jpg

I just press the mouthpiece against the conical lip around the gong- makes a seal tight enough to "squeeze" the bag empty when pulling. The glass is vriptech bub and perk.

30jqlo2.jpg

This contrapparatus, combined with a normal-fine screen combo in the insert, is making for some sublime vapor.

cheers

headdoctor

I know the Volcano doesn't get a lot of love on this forum; it's criticized for being outdated and too expensive. The number of posts in this thread is strikingly small, considering that the 'Cano is probably the most widely-known unit in the world. But I thought I'd update this thread and say that I've had mine (classic, EZ) for going on a year and the thing is magnificent, at least for my needs. Great bags straight out of the box, no fussy parts or tinkering, virtually no cleaning or upkeep. Nothing could be easier or more reliable. I haven't had a second of trouble with it. And I have never understood why people think it's not a good solo vape; that's the primary way that I use it and it's perfect. To be clear, I'm not saying it's the best vape or the most economical. I'm just saying it's a damn fine machine and I'm glad I've got one.

Greenscreen

I know the Volcano doesn't get a lot of love on this forum; it's criticized for being outdated and too expensive. The number of posts in this thread is strikingly small, considering that the 'Cano is probably the most widely-known unit in the world. But I thought I'd update this thread and say that I've had mine (classic, EZ) for going on a year and the thing is magnificent, at least for my needs. Great bags straight out of the box, no fussy parts or tinkering, virtually no cleaning or upkeep. Nothing could be easier or more reliable. I haven't had a second of trouble with it. And I have never understood why people think it's not a good solo vape; that's the primary way that I use it and it's perfect. To be clear, I'm not saying it's the best vape or the most economical. I'm just saying it's a damn fine machine and I'm glad I've got one.

How much would you say you loaded on average into your cano when your alone? 0.1g? 0.2g?
Personally I think my volcano is great but not as a solo vape as it heightens my tolerance, in comparison to my underdog vape.
I normally load that with 0.1g or under each time. If I was to put that in my Cano it probably wouldn't be a large enough amount to get a decent bag or two. :2c:

Greenscreen,

headdoctor

No doubt about its cost, stickstones. I got a "good" deal on mine and it was still a ton of money. The question of value is a tough one with this unit.
griff9: I have no way to quantify how much I put into mine. I haven't weighed anything in 25 years. I just grind it up and fill it about half full, sometimes a little more, obviously making sure the entire bottom is filled. Then I do a bag as needed, stirring each time I fill one. Usually I will use a full bag at a time, but if I want less I just fill a smaller bag. (Although I medicate daily, I'm probably a light user by many people's standards.) I can probably get four or five bags out of each load, and that might be good for a few days for me. To be sure, with this method the last bag doesn't taste nearly as good as the first, but I'm not that picky. I savor the first bag and am grateful that the last bag still does the trick. I'm also not worried about efficiency, so if I want a fresher taste I just start with new grind. I do realize that this method may not appeal to everyone out here, as there is some compromise of freshness and taste. What can I say but it works for me!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been using the Digital Volcano for a little bit now. I had a volcano many years ago (2005-2006) and I liked it but there was some stuff that really bothered me about it. The biggest thing for me was the heat up time. I am shocked at how fact the Digital Volcano heats up. I was able to do a 2 bag session from cold/finish in like 10-15 minutes. If I turn on the cloud and the Volcano at the same time, I can complete an entire session in the volcano before the cloud is ready to go. That to me was a complete shock.

I turn the temp up to MAX on mine (around 446F) and I get two bags of vapor. The first is pretty white and the second is pretty light. I got one of those little glass on glass adapters for the bags. The adapter allows me to inhale the bag in my water pipe quickly before the vapor gets too stale.

I am really surprised at how much more I like the Digital Volcano. I still think it is not as efficient as other vaporizer, and it does not extract the actives as well as other vaporizers. The plastic bag noise scares the crap out of my puppy. :ugh:

I am re-thinking my assessment of the volcano I made so many years ago.

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I have been using the Digital Volcano for a little bit now. I had a volcano many years ago (2005-2006) and I liked it but there was some stuff that really bothered me about it. The biggest thing for me was the heat up time. I am shocked at how fact the Digital Volcano heats up. I was able to do a 2 bag session from cold/finish in like 10-15 minutes. If I turn on the cloud and the Volcano at the same time, I can complete an entire session in the volcano before the cloud is ready to go. That to me was a complete shock.

I turn the temp up to MAX on mine (around 446F) and I get two bags of vapor. The first is pretty white and the second is pretty light. I got one of those little glass on glass adapters for the bags. The adapter allows me to inhale the bag in my water pipe quickly before the vapor gets too stale.

I am really surprised at how much more I like the Digital Volcano. I still think it is not as efficient as other vaporizer, and it does not extract the actives as well as other vaporizers. The plastic bag noise scares the crap out of my puppy. :ugh:

I am re-thinking my assessment of the volcano I made so many years ago.

The Volcano is still a great tool. Just not what is "hot" on the market these days.

I use a Steinel Vari heat digital and air heatgun -3002LCD- with the volcano valveset. 1100 watts means a 2 foot bag ready from cold in about 15 seconds. It's my way of getting a large load of actives inhaled a short amount of time. I only use it for the worst of times when taking a Rx pain med isn't to my liking..or cyclic vomiting.. With my health problems, sometimes I need feather, sometimes a hammer. I use a bubbler, the S&B mouthpiece fits a most glass fittings with a bit of good quality silicone tubing, you just need to be creative. When I bought this gear in 2005, I never thought I keep it this long. Besides, I like to shrink wrap my holiday presents in plastic film. :)

My rig isn't exactly a "volcano" but a hot rod mod of the same system. And when "the monster" hits, hitting back with a 1/3 gram, 2 foot bag load of blueberry in less than 2 minutes gives speedy relief. A welcome "hammer" in that situation.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
A 1100w heater ? Sounds wicked ! Got some videos of vapor action ?

I have to say the volcano is the best money I have ever spent, such a investment, after more than for years of serious everyday use it's still good as new.

I only tried the volcano, the iolite (i hated it), the minivap, and a glass bong mod in a coffee shop, so I don't know that much about other vaporizers. I would be happy to try the cloud or some other high end vaporizers to compare with the volcano.

What I love about it is the sturdy conception of the machine, really unbreakable and reliable. You can count on it.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I've had my Volcano Classic for 7 years. It cost me $500 on the nose and it has been used every day since its purchase. In that time I have had to send it in for repairs twice. The first time it was covered under warranty when the heating mech stopped working. The second time, about a month ago, when the main pump kicked the bucket. It cost me a few bucks to get that fixed, but it came back working better than new. I ordered new screens and o-rings while it was away, the first time I've ever changed them. This thing has been all over the country, to countless parties, concerts, ball games, vacations, even weddings. It's been dropped, kicked, tipped over, and basically abused. For 7 years I've made butter and edibles with nothing but ABV. Since buying it, I've saved more money on herbs than I even know. Not to mention that a monkey could use a Volcano if shown how to do it one time. Basically, the Woo has been a faithful and reliable companion for a long time. Not the hottest and newest? It doesn't have to be when it's the best. I wouldn't trade my Volcano for any other unit out there.

headdoctor

Right. This is why discussions of the Volcano's considerable cost can be misleading: the initial expense needs to be put in the context of the unit's durability, reliability, ease of use, and resale value.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Another awesome thing that you can't do with other vapes direct draw style : If you've got a scale and a consistent herb stash, you can reproduce the same balloon again and again. Exactly the same. Perfect for a really consistent medication. I'm actually experimenting on this, so well medicated right now.. I feel great !

What I love the most, is that machine actually does all the job for you. You don't have to pull, use your lungs and stuff to rip your load. Automatic.

Now I keep my second chamber pre loaded in a glass jar. I get medicated in seconds.

Roger D,

headdoctor

I think that many out here like a unit that requires some hands-on attention. I get that. There's something cool about doing modifications, learning idiosyncrasies, working around design flaws, fussing over little things, etc. The Volcano, by that standard, is pretty boring. It just works, and works, and works. As you say, Automatic.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had my Volcano Classic for 7 years. It cost me $500 on the nose and it has been used every day since its purchase. In that time I have had to send it in for repairs twice. The first time it was covered under warranty when the heating mech stopped working. The second time, about a month ago, when the main pump kicked the bucket. It cost me a few bucks to get that fixed, but it came back working better than new. I ordered new screens and o-rings while it was away, the first time I've ever changed them. This thing has been all over the country, to countless parties, concerts, ball games, vacations, even weddings. It's been dropped, kicked, tipped over, and basically abused. For 7 years I've made butter and edibles with nothing but ABV. Since buying it, I've saved more money on herbs than I even know. Not to mention that a monkey could use a Volcano if shown how to do it one time. Basically, the Woo has been a faithful and reliable companion for a long time. Not the hottest and newest? It doesn't have to be when it's the best. I wouldn't trade my Volcano for any other unit out there.

That's the best Volcano endorsement I've ever heard. Well put.

stickstones,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard

I deleted the previous videos, so here you go with some more cheap bubbler action. Specially for you guys.
As you can see I updated my cheap diffuser trick. I simply bend a bottom grill in the shape of a tube

EDIT : Notice the tiny size of my balloon/load. I really think this is the best way to use it when you're solo, since vapors condensates pretty quick after inflation, and your lungs literately don't have enough time to absorb all that THC you're trying to force in.
I never inflates more than 15 seconds.

More action videos coming up since I finally got the charger for my hd camera, I'm just waiting for the sun to shine.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
On the ALT site they have this listed under Vaporizer accessories: illadelph - Volcano Adapter 34/28 for Mini Coil - Blue.........is this what I think it is?

Yes it is... I have one. It works with the EZ-Valve bags only. You can't use it with the solid valve set. It snaps in where the black mouthpiece part snaps in to the orange plastic part on the bag. It works great. It is the ONLY way I use my volcano now. It makes it so I can power through he bag in a water pipe in about 3 hits. I noticed the quicker you finish the bag the more pleasurable the experience. After about 2 minutes the vapor starts to taste stale. They should be including it with every EZ-Valve set actually. I think it is that important, and I enjoy it that much.

Buyola

Yes it is... I have one. It works with the EZ-Valve bags only. You can't use it with the solid valve set. It snaps in where the black mouthpiece part snaps in to the orange plastic part on the bag. It works great. It is the ONLY way I use my volcano now. It makes it so I can power through he bag in a water pipe in about 3 hits. I noticed the quicker you finish the bag the more pleasurable the experience. After about 2 minutes the vapor starts to taste stale. They should be including it with every EZ-Valve set actually. I think it is that important, and I enjoy it that much.
Well that's pretty cool! Good to know. If the Cloud dies, that will be a nice option on the Volcano.

Buyola,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Pretty cool, too bad its only for the easy valve. Anyway, its possible to order just the bottom piece at the official shop.
Is there some action shoots with this item ?
I don't see exactly how its working

Roger D,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Totally
What's missing is a kind of direct draw adapter to plug to a bong.
Its because of the S&B patent, there is too little accessories for the machine

Roger D,
Top Bottom