FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
weedemon said:
wake n blake said:
I use the concentrate/liquid screen all the time too.

same here bud! :) FLskwat is a master teacher :p

To both WnB and Weedemon...stop I'm blushing! :D

And I'm very happy to see FLtips are sometimes useful...

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
wake n blake said:
The valve has been apart--I've cleaned it... just never taken the cover off of the unit itself. Is it necessary?

I would also like to know the answer to this one, I have yet to go and buy the security torx set to get the cover off.

charliedontsurf said:
I really regret never having experimented with the concentrate pad N herbals technique. Does it really appreciably better the experience?

I feel it is safe to say yes it does. it takes a little longer to get up to temp so instead of waiting 5 sec i wait about 10 on the first one(basicly just when you see decent vapor coming through.) think of it in terms of keeping more heat right there on the source of your vapor.

weedemon,

nucleo

Ok so you are saying that the norm 8L bags that come with the volcano don't do the trick simply because of the warming up thing? But i figured that you set your temp, turn the thing on and leave it for about 20 secs or so till that pretty light becomes somewhat stable bright, then add the chamber and by the time you grab your bag and remove the mouthpiece that's already 5 secs, plus if you are too slow u can smell your herb vaping into thin air, once that bag is off after it's sorta full, just wave it around like a lightsaber a few times which cools the vapor down to room temp or sometimes lower, then slap the mouthpiece back in and you are really to go.

I mean i went to buy turkey bags and shit but turns out they were only slightly bigger cause i didn't do a straight cut at the top and fold it with the metal wire to make it shape into a balloon. Aside from that just use 2 balloons at a time. What do you guys think?

nucleo,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
be careful that nothing leaks down past the bottom screens...then you may really have a defective machine!

akwardsauce,

Carbon

akwardsauce said:
be careful that nothing leaks down past the bottom screens...then you may really have a defective machine!
I've heard this can be a problem as well if the stuff melts through. It sounds like your hash is pretty hardened stuff and probably just gets scorched rather than melts, but if you come across some gooier stuff then maybe sprinkle a very thin, fine layer of herb (or tobacco or lavender or something since you can't get greens) first, then put the hash on top. This can help prevent leaking through if it ever becomes a problem.

Carbon,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hash pad /liquid pad AND liquid chamber(it has a metallic ring NOT THE FRENCH PRESS: http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=...=110&ty=90&page=1&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0); CRUSHED hash (if uncrushed for this 1st bag, must do a very very thin pallet that covers almost all the diameter of the chamber, it will be crushed easily at 2nd bag):

1st bag: 190c: put your hash in the liquid chamber , do not clips the bag, put the pump on count till 15..then clips! Blue but clearly visible vapor

(regrind/change the structure & exposure of your hash)

2nd bag: 200c: count till 10then clips! Massive white vapor

(regrind/change the structure & exposure of your hash)

3rd bag: 210: count till 5 then clips! Massive white vapor

and this goes on till 230 no more countdowns for the following bags as the liquid pad is retaining heat!
ENJOY and please report!

FLskwat,

akwardsauce

just try to work on getting a better seal...use play-doh or even tape. i just hold my nozzle against the angled downstem (i have a straight vertical tube glass water bong...nothing special...like $30) & it fits pretty well id say...

if ur looking for new toys & spending more $, vape up, take a trip to home depot (or local head shop), & walk up & down the aisles...im sure u will reach some kind of epiphany!!!

akwardsauce,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Yeah I just press the mouthpiece down to the down stem... Works well, just have to hold it.
Would be nice for a solid valve type attachment. I don't wanna spend 130 or whatever on the ez valve

wake n blake,

weedemon

enthusiast
nucleo said:
Ok so you are saying that the norm 8L bags that come with the volcano don't do the trick simply because of the warming up thing? But i figured that you set your temp, turn the thing on and leave it for about 20 secs or so till that pretty light becomes somewhat stable bright, then add the chamber and by the time you grab your bag and remove the mouthpiece that's already 5 secs, plus if you are too slow u can smell your herb vaping into thin air, once that bag is off after it's sorta full, just wave it around like a lightsaber a few times which cools the vapor down to room temp or sometimes lower, then slap the mouthpiece back in and you are really to go.

I mean i went to buy turkey bags and shit but turns out they were only slightly bigger cause i didn't do a straight cut at the top and fold it with the metal wire to make it shape into a balloon. Aside from that just use 2 balloons at a time. What do you guys think?

yeah, it take time for the temp in the chamber to get at the right temp too. I go until i see vapor coming out the top. I don't mind a little wasted vape going into the room if it means my bag is gonna be a good one. i made the mistake of making a smaller bag once because it was mostly just me using it. made it so i didn't have to worry about finishing it off when i'd had enough. but it turns out that a bigger bag is better overall. it = more satisfying bags. perhaps a bit more wasteful overall though because i've had enough before the 2nd bag is empty! :p

I wait way longer than 5 seconds. more like 10+ it until i see steady vapor coming out of it.

the bags i bought were on a roll you just cut it to your own length that way. i thought they all came that way?

was rockin the cano last night with just 1 other friend. we were feeling pretty good! :ko:

weedemon,

akwardsauce

lwien said:
elmomuzz said:
Still satisfied with my Volcano.

My first bag was getting pretty dark so I decided to try washing it with iso and seeing what I could collect. I got more then I anticipated. :)

So I tried a few drops of it using the wire mesh pad the volcano comes with. I turned the temp to maximum. It tastes like crap but is quite potent. :)

http://www.bracky.net/images/vape/honey.JPG

Which is one of the things that bag vapes has going against it. Many of us are concerned with the condensation that builds up in our tubes and whips and glass. But man, look at all the surface area that is going on in the insides of those bags for lost THC to occur due to condensation. It's a hell of a lot more surface area than a typical bong or whip. Being able to harvest some of it is nice, but it sure is nicer not having it happen in the first place.

i believe that this statement is wrong. i feel like vapors touch & cling to more surface when traveling through the tubes than when stored in bags. there is less volume capacity in the tubes & therefore more contact. the bags allow for more free space to flow around untouched.

im just saying...

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how the volcano and the oracle stack up to each other?
Has anyone used or possible owned both?
Do you prefer one over the other? Is there a difference in vapor density?

tj024,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Weeddemon,

I've had good luck with smaller bags... I have a little one on there now... It's 2 good hits... I just fill the bag and let each person cash it... I still get milky vapor regardless the size of the bag.

wake n blake,

akwardsauce

by the way, just in case people were ever wondering (i was and could find NO info on it thru google...)

but, the TURKEY SIZE REYNOLDS PLASTIC OVEN BAGS for the volcano are WAAAAY bigger than the LARGE SIZE REYNOLDS PLASTIC OVEN BAGS.

ive recently switched to these turkey size bags and have fell in love with the volcano all over again.

these turkey size bags are better because they are HUGE. great for parties (at my last one, a bunch of people were passing blunts around that i wasnt hitting so i decided to bust out the DBV to hit and also a turkey size bag from the volcano). this made sure that everyone who wanted to got to vape.

bigger bags are better because it can really suck out all of the goodies out of the volcano chamber. also, some users heat up their volcanos & blow about 10 sec of it without collecting it in the bag - this is avoided using turkey bags...just blow it & clip it on until its full.

you can usually get like 3-4 of these size bags per chamber & these bags last a while!

i also suggest getting a nintendo wii & someone who can mod it & give you all the games - that also went really well at my party!

EDIT:
wake n blake wrote:
Weeddemon,
I've had good luck with smaller bags... I have a little one on there now... It's 2 good hits... I just fill the bag and let each person cash it... I still get milky vapor regardless the size of the bag.

i used to do that until i realized how much vapors i was wasting (or letting escape) between changing bags (clipping it on & pulling it off the volcano).
i switched to turkey bags & just fill up all the way up...very little (or maybe no) wastage & the bags can be filled about 3-4 times with vapor.
not sure how others feel about the turkey bags (which are quieter & cheaper, too) but it is definitely my preferred way to use the volcano...takes away so much guesswork that i used to worry about in order to use it efficiently...really puts my mind, conscious, & wallet at ease...

vapes (in order bought): vapor buddy, volano classic, MFLB, standard black DBV
past usage: spliffs, no-name glass bong, glass bubbler, blunts, handmade clay chillum

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I see what you're saying... and I do lose a bit of vapor... but I always lose a bit of vapor when I take the bag off... I even let it sit there sometimes, hoping the vapor will trail up into the bag before I take it off (and this is when I use larger/regular sized bags), and I always get a bit of vapor leak when the bag removes from the valve. It was never enough to make me be like... "oh no, I'm missing out on all this vapor" ha.

HOWEVER...

it IS a pain in the ass to fill up each and every person's inidividual bag, hand it out... get it back, stir, refill, pass, repeat ha. I'm getting tired of that really quick.

So next time I'll probably go back to a 20 incher or so.

I've also used the Reynold's bags... great in a pinch if you can't get to a LHS or order from the website... and they are HUGE (and thicker/stronger material, I think). Plus, you don't have to tie the other end off... every now and then I won't tie a knot tight enough and the bag poofs open for a second (have any of you ever noticed that when this happens, the vapor just kind of stays in the bag, hover in space, not really escaping?).

Ah, bags... so many choices and types and balloon sizes, oh my.

wake n blake,

akwardsauce

luckily, ive never popped a bag. also, ive been lucky enough to remove the metal clip that came on the very 1st volcano bag with some pliers. then i always reinforce every authentic volcano bag with that clip & pliers...it will snap someday. but the reynolds bags are much easier for me & since its large enough to really blow through your herb so thoroughly - it really does boost efficiency i think. nobody says that u gotta fill the whole bag anyways...

anyways, i used to also do really small bags thinking that dosage would be more precise & efficient, however, the only waste i really came across was during the waiting for the air to blow a mist before clipping the bag & unclipping the bag before you put on the mouthpiece (i have a solid valve obviously & am referring to those...ive never really used an easy valve or the medics). the real strength of the bag is obviously holding vapes not transferring them.

there was also waste by cutting each bag & needing that fixed amount of bag space to tuck in the mouthpiece & clip on the tip. you gotta think of that space as something you gotta measure for each time you cut no matter what - which can also make your bag smaller & waste more of the roll.

i still got about 2 meters (6 ft-ish) of authentic volcano roll left...but the turkey bags have been so much cheaper, quieter, stress free, & leaves like the perfect amount of time & space to thoroughly extract your chamber. id say 2-3 bags of that would be nice & you could still save the rest for another 2-3 bags for the future also, or, if you didnt want to pack a 1/3rd of a chamber, you could pack less & not fill up a whole bag. the con may be that around the middle of the bag, you may have to be close to it if it falls off the top of the fan...if its really lopsided sometimes that happens, but if you set up your bag a certain way (like a flat-top mushroom or something where it will be even on all sides as it fills) its usually ok. but thats not a huge flaw for me compared to all the other stuff.

never tried this, but just thinking about it right now, if you actually paid attention and were quick, you could probably even hold your hands around the chamber, blow the air, & just as the vapors were coming in the bag, quickly push the air that doesnt have vapors to the very end of the bag & twist & put a rubber band around it or something...that may separate the empty air so that the bag you can use (closest to mouthpiece) would be more concentrated like a whip hit.

anyways, id prolly never try it until my last bag before i replace it someday maybe...

anyways, its not more than like $3 to have i think 3 of these bags, so you should try it & maybe you may just appreciate the volcano a whole lot more like i do...you could always make larger size authentic volcano bags too if you preferred...

maybe you have tried it on second read...so forget everything i just said i guess...

anyways, i usually also hold my solid valve against the downstem of my 1ft glass bong & it really smooths out the hits...ice is nice too...without it, i can really feel some harshness after a few bags...

tj, ive never heard of the oracle btw sorry...

akwardsauce,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@TJ: I own both, and the Oracle is more versatile and is a champ for extraction (unbelievable thick vape). You can also do whip and balloon with the Oracle)...but the cano is more reliable then the Oracle V1 and is more newb' user friendly with no glass etc...
I really think Oracle V2 will meet and overcome my expectations though I will ALWAYS keep my Cano as THE backup you always want to have home! ;)

FLskwat,

thecragus

Hey, it's been a month since anyone posted here. The Volcano just doesn't get much "love" around here. Still the best "party vape" around IMHO and one of the easiest to use (with the E-Z bags). So for those who want a bit of water cooling.....

thecragus,

Carbon

Good to see I'm not the only one pulling my bags through a water pipe occasionally. Here's my tube for such things (some local artist plus I added a showerhead downstem). I still can't get those hard water stains from the ice out of the thing.

img0235of.jpg

img0237xf.jpg

Carbon,

akwardsauce

akwardsauce,

StickyShisha2

found pic on google:
2ists13.jpg

biojuggernaut said:
Is that the illadelph wp adapter? nice :tup:

wow, this looks better than the one i made. mine leaks a bit.

i use it with the bubbler of my oil rig.

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom