wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Ok, so I have a PH(x) glass on glass... and I slid the bowl out, and you can press the mouthpiece for the solid valve right up on the stem... seals fine... can pull the bag right through the water and the percolator... and I am feeling ripe right now hahaha.

I'll post a pic or two after I get home from class, gotta go philosophy it up.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
charliedontsurf said:
I'll try this liquid pad black magic you speak of, I've never heard of such a thing. I always shied away from making use of the liquid pad with concentrates or bud, fearing that concentrates would leak through that, then go down into the heating element.

Hey Charlie, did you have any chance to test the liquid pad black magic? :D
If yes, what is your feedback?

FLskwat,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I tested the liquid pad method. To me it didn't work so good. The pad soaks up quite a bit of heat so vapor isn't produced as fast. It also holds heat once it's hot so vapor is wasted because the bowl stays at vape temp for a bit after you turn the blower off.

elmomuzz,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I'm really sorry to hear that, maybe an explanation... :

elmomuzz said:
The pad soaks up quite a bit of heat so vapor isn't produced as fast. It also holds heat once it's hot so vapor is wasted because the bowl stays at vape temp for a bit after you turn the blower off.

Yes this is why I recommended the countdown method associated to the liquid pad:long countdown on the first bag (till 10 for ex.), after triggering the blower & before clicking the valve on the chamber, for the liquid pad to take some heat. Repeat this method with less countdown on each bag as the pad is retaining heat, and on the 2 last bags...no countdown.

+

always take the chamber off the Cano once your bag is done, right?

Do you do those 2? I have no idea why it didn't do the trick for you...:(

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
im going to try this pad method too! sounds interesting! i will post back with results later.

FLskwat said:
Always use the LIQUID PAD: even for MJ... it seems to improve air/vapor ratio + keep heat better + keep crystals better when stirring between bags.

by this do you mean the liquid pad on the bottom or top of the herb? the bottom right?

weedemon,

cbchare

^ It's meant to be used for the bottom. It works pretty good, but it's a mess to clean.

If you find that too much material is falling through into your unit or going into the bag, try the FINE screen on top and bottom for the easy valve.

cbchare,

weedemon

enthusiast
Thanks,

Ok, So i did it and i agree i think it helps put and hold the heat to the source better. I didn't notice a night and day difference, but i can definitely tell when i take the bowl off the element it is noticeably warmer. It will be harder to clean than the rest of the gear, but i actually enjoy cleaning it. I have a bottle of 99% iso what i use to clean my vape gear with. and someday when it's very very golden im gonna let it all evaporate or w/e it is you guys do with it :p i will need to look into the ask FC section in a bit i think.

also got over an oz of abv saved up so i'll probably do some baking with that. :D

a solid tip! thanks guys!

weedemon,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Great, you're welcome bro'!
@Cbchare & Weedemon: I don't see why it is going to be any harder to clean... To me it's the easiest vape to clean hands down!

With MJ...just dump the mesh pad in ISO every once in a while (1 time/month...), let it sit 5 mn, hot water, voila! At least the few trichs that felt in the mesh pad weren't lost as with the screen, even the thin one...and you will be able to reclaim them!

With hash: IMHO this is still the KING setting EVER for hash. Yes I've got the Essential vaaap which is super efficient for concentrates+portability but is a "mess" to clean, and not that stealth with the "crackhead lighter pipe gimmick". But the Cano, its liquid chamber + its own valve & balloon only for concentrates...IS PURE HEAVEN. I'll do 6 bags of pure flavored resine thick vape with 0,15G of hash -between 190c & 230c-, all the black remains will come out of the pad SUPER EASILY. So same as MJ after a month of usage, I get a brown coloration on the top of the pad and then decide to dump it 20 mn in a ISO bath... same reclaim process.

Both my pads are as new after 6 months+ severe daily usage... I still haven't evere changed them, though I have a few!

Oh, and in my vape collection, Cano is the only one that is clearly "dishwasher safe". So once a year you can dump all the parts, previously stored all together in a "dishwasher bag". Put on the hottest program. SO E.Z!
I've seen previously in this thread someone saying the Cano was the BMW of vapes. I'd go even further saying it's Audi's level :D !

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
I was wondering is it safe to wash the inside of an old used bag out with iso to reclaim the resin built up on the insides??

I cut a test strip off the roll and dipped it into the iso left it there for a few min, and pulled it out. on inspection it looked the same as when i put it in. im no chemist though so I don't really know if this is safe to do or not.

I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea?

weedemon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
weedemon said:
I was wondering is it safe to wash the inside of an old used bag out with iso to reclaim the resin built up on the insides??

I cut a test strip off the roll and dipped it into the iso left it there for a few min, and pulled it out. on inspection it looked the same as when i put it in. im no chemist though so I don't really know if this is safe to do or not.

I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea?

Not sure bout dipping it in iso, but you can cut the bag into strips and use when making canna butter, or you can simply use it as an oven bag, keeping it whole, and baking something in it in the oven...turkey, chicken, etc

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Or dip the strips in hot cocoa with fat milk...let infuse 30 mn in the simmering milk and voila!
Careful, it's strong! :ko:

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
Or dip the strips in hot cocoa with fat milk...let infuse 30 mn in the simmering milk and voila!
Careful, it's strong! :ko:

Good idea!

Onder if i could fill one of my old bags with just hot air, 230c or so, no herb, just to warm the bag, then cut it open while it's filled, and scrape of the walls of the bag with a gift card or something

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I change my bags every 2 weeks and they are BIG (DIY oven bags/solid valve, 70 cm average) so I'm pretty sure the goodies layer on my bag is to thin to reclaim that way...but yes it should work...

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
I change my bags every 2 weeks and they are BIG (DIY oven bags/solid valve, 70 cm average) so I'm pretty sure the goodies layer on my bag is to thin to reclaim that way...but yes it should work...

I'll think about it...and speaking of big, pop over to the EQ thread, on the lat page, maybe one back now, I posted pics of my new bag i made yesterday...check it out...it's a 19" x 23 1/2" oven bag....it's big

Purpl3_Haz3,

weedemon

enthusiast
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Not sure bout dipping it in iso, but you can cut the bag into strips and use when making canna butter, or you can simply use it as an oven bag, keeping it whole, and baking something in it in the oven...turkey, chicken, etc

nice, that's a good idea! im just gonna do that instead. I have so much stuff saved up for making butter. the next batch is gonna be epic :p 90 grams of abv, 50 grams of: little stems, (i pick my buds apart before i bust em up) the leafier parts of buds when i get them, along with little buds i couldn't be bothered to bust up.

@FLskwat,
I love the hot chocolate idea also. I will do both i think. i have enough materials saved up :)

you have done it before i assume? is 2% "fat" enough? or should i throw in some 10% creme with it??

my first bag that i have saved up is from 8 months of everyday use. around the base where it attached on (solid valve also) there is a lot of brown collected. :D my friend suggested i throw it out. lol glad i saved it.

to be honest i'd rather turn it into baked goods/ food than make oil anyways. i was never too fond of hash oils to begin with.

thanks for the tips!

weedemon,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
The fatest the best...:D It's the fat that will separate/extract goodies from the plastic walls & the particulates in the build-up. ;)
Again do testing on effects with small doses before knowing your batch potency...this really works! ;)

FLskwat,

sfld

Well after having the volcano classic for a few weeks im in love!

What i do is leave it a little above 6.5 and basically grind up as i did for my magic flight launch box. ( which is collecting dust now ;/ )

Then put the head on and fill her up! sometimes i turn it on first for 10 seconds then put the head on but i find myself putting it on as soon as i hit the green button lol

Do you guys take the head off the heater after you turn the fan off?

Do you ever need to clean anything else other then the easy valve? such as the unit itself?

sfld,

weedemon

enthusiast
congrats man, I'm glad to hear you like it!

minimal cleaning on the base unit is needed. as for the rest i take it all a part (i have the solid valve system) and soak it all in iso. then good to go again for more use.

I generally use from 6.25-7 for vaping. the lower for first run then higher on the 2nd go.

weedemon,
Hey guys,

Ive been reading on the forums for some days now about the volcano, and finally said fuck it. Ordered it and WOW. Never really used a vaporizer b4 the volcano, but my guy in portland has all brand vaporizers and simply said its the best one and not to play with myself on this one. Its the greatest thing i could have bought. I really thought i was going to have to argue with the wifey over money spent to kill the smell but it all worked out. All in all, it for the Connoisseur

Green Balla,

weedemon

enthusiast
you made a solid purchase man. did you go classic or digi? and solid or easy valve system?

have fun man on the classic i like 6.25-7 range for my vape

*edit:

ok i made the weed hot chocolate from half of a left over vape bag.

We use 1% milk here so i added a 1/3 of a cup of 10% creme into the mix. then filled the rest of the cup with milk.

I put that into a sauce pan and and warmed it on 6/10. i then cut the vape bag into smller strips and put them in the warm milk too. i let it sit for about a min then stirred it every few min to make sure the milk was wearing down the resin on the bag.

After about 20 min, i took it off the heat and took all the bag bits out.

I added quik mix and voila! weed hot chocolate :) thanks for the tip man! this is awesome!

the drink has that classic "baked goods" kinda smell to it, and it has a slightly bitter aftertaste. I will report back again once the experience has kicked in! :D

***edit ok starting to get waves of it rushing though... :)

and 1n hour after that. oh yeah nice an mellow but a good floaty buzz. will be making that again ;)

weedemon,
I have both, today i took a look at craigslist and a guy had a classic wanting to trade for a ps3 so i gave him mine. Turned out to be a good deal, trading it up for some high power. Both are easy valve BTW

Green Balla,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
weedemon said:
you made a solid purchase man. did you go classic or digi? and solid or easy valve system?

have fun man on the classic i like 6.25-7 range for my vape

*edit:

ok i made the weed hot chocolate from half of a left over vape bag.

We use 1% milk here so i added a 1/3 of a cup of 10% creme into the mix. then filled the rest of the cup with milk.

I put that into a sauce pan and and warmed it on 6/10. i then cut the vape bag into smller strips and put them in the warm milk too. i let it sit for about a min then stirred it every few min to make sure the milk was wearing down the resin on the bag.

After about 20 min, i took it off the heat and took all the bag bits out.

I added quik mix and voila! weed hot chocolate :) thanks for the tip man! this is awesome!

the drink has that classic "baked goods" kinda smell to it, and it has a slightly bitter aftertaste. I will report back again once the experience has kicked in! :D

***edit ok starting to get waves of it rushing though... :)

and 1n hour after that. oh yeah nice an mellow but a good floaty buzz. will be making that again ;)

Haha, great....I'm sure you had a good night!!

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
oh wow, it was awesome.

I hit the mflb a couple times, because like usual with edible goods you say, "this isn't working as well as i'd hoped" then once you hit one damn vape and you're floored :D haha

It was a great dosage though. enough but not too much. my gf thought it was funny when she got home too cause she could say stupid things and i would giggle uncontrollably. she was also impressed with the feast I had cooked and left out for her. :D (haha i know the way to my woman's heart) :D

so all in all a great recipe, and I will definitely be making similar again. tbh, this morning as I write this i still feel a lil buzzed. :p

weedemon,

vapeguy

I often get material pass through the valve and then suck it in on inhaling from the bag which is really unpleasant.

However my screen likely should have been changed 20 times by now, it was completely clogged/sealed in resin making the vaporizer very inefficient.

I of course didn't have spares which is why I hadn't changed the filter but recently changed them with 2 pipe screens each slightly off center because one is too small to cover the entire area.

It's much better now (especially vapor extraction) but not ideal since it's not the proper screen.

I'm about to sell my Volcano to get probably an Extreme Q and will order new filters to sell it with.

Is your filter clean and not bent? If it's bent it will likely let material through. Get a new filter if it's not in good condition, with a good filter you shouldn't get much that goes through.

vapeguy,
Top Bottom