Volcano Hybrid

Vapenayshyall

For those who doubt there is aluminum dust, here is a close-up picture I took of the top of my Volcano Hybrid. There are a few dog hairs in the picture for scale (unintentional!). You can clearly see aluminum dust buildup surrounding the heating ring.

359-DC067-73-F0-4-E05-A7-AA-73164-C8-B68-CF.jpg

I didn’t do a chemical test on the dust, but unless someone dumped glitter on my Hybrid when I wasn’t looking, I think it’s safe to say it’s aluminum from the heating ring.
Your plastic looks yellow. Did it start out grey? Mine is grey so I’m wondering if they have different lots with different materials.

MakeVio

Some things I find funny about this debacle and the company itself:
-Germans are usually known for their amazing engineering skills and knowledge. Oof here.
-This device is 700 dollars and is riddled with plastic. Like what are they selling that is justifiable of that price besides maybe their heating element? Just seems like they skimp on materials everywhere possible lol
-It's marketed as a medical device lol, which I think implies everything is 'medical grade'?

MakeVio,

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
Yes, the ring is starting to discolor.

This is a pic of the same unit from the side. You can see the bottom of the ring is more the original gray color.

AFE5747-F-01-C5-476-B-A5-A3-B88-E390016-CC.jpg

I’ve been using the Hybrid daily since I got it in early August. I use a workflow that starts at 356°F and goes to max temperature.

I can’t guarantee it’s not a fake since I bought the unit from Cream City Vapes, but the likelihood that it is fake seems extremely small given that I got it so shortly after it was released. I haven’t seen any reports of fake Hybrids either.

WakeVape&Bake

Yes, the ring is starting to discolor.

This is a pic of the same unit from the side. You can see the bottom of the ring is more the original gray color.

AFE5747-F-01-C5-476-B-A5-A3-B88-E390016-CC.jpg

I’ve been using the Hybrid daily since I got it in early August. I use a workflow that starts at 356°F and goes to max temperature.

I can’t guarantee it’s not a fake since I bought the unit from Cream City Vapes, but the likelihood that it is fake seems extremely small given that I got it so shortly after it was released. I haven’t seen any reports of fake Hybrids either.

seems legit...wow the ring also discolours? what is up with this device...

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
It’s a surprise to me too, I didn’t notice it was a different color until you guys pointed it out.

It seems similar to the color change the top gray part of the Mighty bowl goes through.

I always thought the Mighty bowl changed color from resin accumulation, but perhaps not (since I don't know how resin could accumulate on that color-changing gray part of the Volcano).

Last edited:

Vapenayshyall

It’s a surprise to me too, I didn’t notice it was a different color until you guys pointed it out.

It seems similar to the color change the top gray part of the Mighty bowl goes through.

I always thought the Mighty bowl changed color from resin accumulation, but perhaps not (since there’s no way any resin can accumulate on that color-changing gray part of the Volcano).
We’re you able to register it on S&B website?

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Not commenting on the dust but even the replacement plastic housing that storz and bickel themselves sent me is melting.. could that be a faulty series aswell? a lot of coincidence then
I believe the replacements are never the same as the original. I bought a Dyna Vapcap from a trusted vape store and the cap did not fit and was not stamped with a serial #. Wow even S&B are sending out cheap replacements.

Last edited:
Vaporooni,

lokiki

I believe the replacements are never the same as the original. I bought a Dyna Vapcap from a trusted vape store and the cap did not fit and was not stamped with a serial #. Wow even S&B are sending cheap replacements.
I think you're missing the point, the original and the replacement they sent me both melt / deteriorated, sadly..
I hope they come with a solution soon

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I think you're missing the point, the original and the replacement they sent me both melt / deteriorated, sadly..
I hope they come with a solution soon

I vape with S&B devices (I had every model from S&B) since 2010. I had 4 Craftys in the First 2 years After the release. I Never talked to someone from S&B , Every Crafty they sent me was better than the one before! The last Crafty is nearly perfect and I vape it for over 640 hours now (switched the battery twice myself)! I think they always work in the background to make their machines better! I think S&B is a trustful company and they will solve the problem! I vape the Hybrid for a month now and I have no signs of burning or any dust that I can describe as aluminum dust! Vape on!

david8613

I'm glad too see some units are not affected at all. Maybe this is just a quality control issue and not a design issue. Hopefully we will hear from storz and bickle very soon. I am very anxious to hear what there stance is on this and what solution they will offer there customers.

Last edited:

grogazola

I will say this. I picked up a few cvaults as a gift to myself. I took them home to clean them and you wouldn’t believe the black oils and crap that came off the *jars*!!! It was gross. I need to contact them as I’m a little confused. We need more transparency.

I really hope that S&B is delayed because of whatever TUV certification they need.

I feel for Hybrid owners - I would have been one if I had the extra cash.

I picked up a Plenty about a month and a half ago and it doesn’t look good. I haven’t really used it since all this came out.

I don’t like how loose and fast S&B is with plastic lol. It’s everywhere! It was bound to bite them in the rear. They were honestly playing with fire with the metal on metal conduction ring in the plenty. Add a few peek feet on the volcano and voila. I really hope things get sorted immediately.

Top Bottom