Volcano Hybrid

david8613

Just got an email from herbalizestore.ca

I don't think this is enough I am still demanding a refund

Hi Mark

Thank you so much for the feedback.

We have been informed about this issue and decided to stop selling the Hybrid until S&B comes with a real solution.
( at the moment they have only updated their manual and instructions )

We will let all out Hybrid customers know how this issue will be resolved.

We are hoping S&B will replace the bad part asap and have the new part sent out for free to all customers.

We will let you know as soon as S&B has replied.

Expect a solution by early 2020.
If you have any questions please let me know

Kind Regards

Linda Mellow

Customer Support

@elmomuzz so do you think we are still over reacting??? This is what should have been done with the first chamber plastics melting were reported, the metal dust problem just compounds this situation. I'm glad someone is taking these off the shelf until we get an official word from storz-bickel. Storz-bickel should have done this first not the stores, they new about this problem long enough to do something public not behind store doors.

Apparition87

@elmomuzz so do you think we are still over reacting??? This is what should have been done with the first chamber plastics melting were reported, the metal dust problem just compounds this situation. I'm glad someone is taking these off the shelf until we get an official word from storz-bickel. Storz-bickel should have done this first not the stores, they new about this problem long enough to do something public not behind store doors.

Still they wont give me a refund.. they dont think they are safe to sell yet the people that already bought them are fucked and stuck with them. Not good enough for me.

Sensory Leaf

S&B must be sharting themselves.

Time to buy shares in canopy growth lol

Edit; all jokes aside, I believe (and hope) s&b will resolve this issue, and continue to release amazing devices. It's sad that customers had to be dissatisfied, in order for them to grow/learn

Sensory Leaf,
Reactions: grogazola

justcametomind

@elmomuzz pointed out that it’s too early to expect a response by S&B.
Xmas time and all.
Expecting S&B to address the issue 2 days after a video was placed on YouTube may be not overreacting but for sure is asking for a reaction, by S&B, too soon.

justcametomind,

BigC’sTowing

Time to buy shares in canopy growth lol

Edit; all jokes aside, I believe (and hope) s&b will resolve this issue, and continue to release amazing devices. It's sad that customers had to be dissatisfied, in order for them to grow/learn
I was thinking of shorting Canopy... I think we need to give them a chance to work this out. I have a Plenty with the same issue(which I didn’t notice until Wednesday).

I’m hoping that Mr. Storz and Bickel feel vindicated in “we don’t sell crappy products, Canopy wants us to” and we get some quality back in the mix.

BigC’sTowing,
Reactions: grogazola

lokiki

@elmomuzz pointed out that it’s too early to expect a response by S&B.
Xmas time and all.
Expecting S&B to address the issue 2 days after a video was placed on YouTube may be not overreacting but for sure is asking for a reaction, by S&B, too soon.
Well they can update the manual on Christmas
( why don't they specifically state that there's metal dust forming by friction we have to wipe off? )
So they also could've made a public statement on their website..
saying something like "we're aware of the melting chamber housing and metal dust issue on the hybrid and are working on a fix, keep you updated"
So far there has been nothing but silence except from an email to puffitup and sb sending another melting replacement housing toconcerned customers that took the effort to mail them about it.
Should be the other way around imo.

not wanting to blame, panic or demonize.
just trying to line up facts so correct me if I'm wrong on this :)

snamuh

ghost
This shit needs to be regulated properly and legalized.

I used my reducer hybrid screen in my solo stem because I didn't have solo screen for my stem and it tastes different than my other solo stem with an old unknown screen. Significantly.

I looked at the hybrid site to see if the screen is made out of something different and the material of the screen isn't even shown.

WakeVape&Bake

ironically speaking, with all these issues it is just fitting that there are plastic grinders included with the devices.

so you can add a few plastic microbits into the the mix too :-) jk

WakeVape&Bake,

snamuh

ghost
ironically speaking, with all these issues it is just fitting that there are plastic grinders included with the devices.

so you can add a few plastic microbits into the the mix too :-) jk
Haha dude. I was going to make a comment about the grinders... We should have known just from those.

For real. used mine with no herb or anything in it and there were bits of plastic. The bits showed where there are circles from the plastic mold from the manufacturing process..... Idk if it's on all of them

caliganja420

people were sending them emails since the end of November because of the melting chambers, this new issue is entirely separate. they even linked the melting chambers to user error instead of taking this seriously. (besides that it is mindboggling that this device has a whip function and simultaneously it is stated to "not leave the chamber on the device for too long". it is contradictory in itself)

they themselves "responded" with some silently updated security guidelines on x-mas regarding this metal dust stuff- which is different from the melting chambers. there is absolutely no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.

not everyone frequents this forum, reddit or 420 vapezone on youtube and as a result they are left in the dark about any issues there might be. S & B should have sent emails to everyone who bought a Hybrid and not some vape stores/resellers. but it is good that there are stores caring that much about their customers, otherwise there would have been nothing regarding the updated guidelines over x-mas at all.

I believe user error might play a big role in the melting chamber. I have been following the hybrid since the blueprints were released and have done as much research as I could in the device. I purchased it when it nearly came out, and to this day I have been using it every single day (using it right now lol). I'm a heavy user, and use my hybrid 3-5 times a day. I only vape between 390-445. 3 bags per bowl. also use the whip 5-10 min sessions. I have seen absolutely no melting or charing in my plastic chamber. only thing i have seen is the grey residue when swiped with A wet q tip. I don't truly believe that's aluminum dust either, but rather a particulate buildup or oxidation when they touch and are scraped together. I am also extremely mad with S&B since they never really have gone public with the issue, that's very unprofessional and unbelievable of them, IMO. anyway, I love my hybrid, hope this gets sorted, and hope I don't have lung disease. this is the only vape that really gets me STONED, much funner and safer to use then my Flowerpot. I wish I could just use the EVO, but I've had it twice and always end up selling it (glass cleaning bullshit, hard to pass around). just hope were safe.

kr1sh

hey guys,
i still have my hybrid unopened only coz i had nowhere to set it up.
now i am seeing all of this hoo haa about melting parts and aluminium dust.
hoping it's nothing. using the mighty in the mean time.
although the mighty is also now showing err codes after a year usage.

david8613

I emailed bloomgroove where I purchased my hybrid when the issues first came about a few weeks back and was told at first I cannot get a refund but need to contact storz and bickle for refund. I emailed them again and this time the response was a little different, I still have to contact storz-bickel but it sounds like bloomgroove knows there is a problem and want me to contact storz-bickel to arrange refund through them. Maybe this refund has to be set up through storz-bickel and then bloomgroove will give refund. I don't know at this point.

I want to make something clear this problem didnt start on Christmas eve guys, this has been going on for awhile since release, and S&B tried to sneak in a change in manual to cover themselves incase of lawsuits. When they should have pulled these devices from all store shelves, and ask people who own them not to use until further notice. When there is a dangerous health issue with foods we eat do we wait a month to pull from store shelves NO! They pull these foods from store shelves immediately! So no one gets injured. This stuff is entering our bodies! It's the same exact thing.

Here is the email I got from bloomgroove.
Jane Parl

Dec 27, 16:43 EST

Hi David

If Storz and Bickel confirm that there is a defect with your Volcano we can certainly accept a return and provide a refund.

Please contact Storz and Bickel and provide them with details about the issues with your Volcano and please include photos if possible - https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/support

Regards,

Jane
Bloomgroove.com

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

I believe user error might play a big role in the melting chamber. I have been following the hybrid since the blueprints were released and have done as much research as I could in the device. I purchased it when it nearly came out, and to this day I have been using it every single day (using it right now lol). I'm a heavy user, and use my hybrid 3-5 times a day. I only vape between 390-445. 3 bags per bowl. also use the whip 5-10 min sessions. I have seen absolutely no melting or charing in my plastic chamber. only thing i have seen is the grey residue when swiped with A wet q tip. I don't truly believe that's aluminum dust either, but rather a particulate buildup or oxidation when they touch and are scraped together. I am also extremely mad with S&B since they never really have gone public with the issue, that's very unprofessional and unbelievable of them, IMO. anyway, I love my hybrid, hope this gets sorted, and hope I don't have lung disease. this is the only vape that really gets me STONED, much funner and safer to use then my Flowerpot. I wish I could just use the EVO, but I've had it twice and always end up selling it (glass cleaning bullshit, hard to pass around). just hope were safe.

the metal smear seems to be aluminium oxide. it forms in a fraction of seconds. because of that fact it is strange that they advise to wipe it everytime, it will form again in no time.

hey guys,
i still have my hybrid unopened only coz i had nowhere to set it up.
now i am seeing all of this hoo haa about melting parts and aluminium dust.
hoping it's nothing. using the mighty in the mean time.
although the mighty is also now showing err codes after a year usage.

i would return the Hybrid if i were you, buy it later when all this stuff is solved or there was a definitive reaction/statement from S & B

we are sitting here with 600bucks paperweights, i would be happy if i could just return it to get my money back

edit: i am still convinced that all this is enough for a product recall, it is a shame that customers are treated like beta testers.

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Even if the aluminum heat ring were titanium, You will have to clean it every time. I had a Ditanium and the titanium also needed cleaning around the heating element every time. I stopped using it because it gave me a headache for some reason. I think the heating element causes the metal to oxidize when the metal heats up like @WakeVape&Bake says above. S&B use medical grade aluminum because the metal conducts heat and holds temp really well and resists corrosion.

Last edited:

lokiki

I believe user error might play a big role in the melting chamber.
I have been following the manual and never went above 200 celsius ( 2 times to try and decide it's not for me. )
Removing the housing instantly after a balloon, unscrewing the halves so they can cool out properly and I've used the whip only 3 times. cleaning the unit every week with iso to ensure no sticky or hot residue.
The maximum amount of time the housing has ever been on the unit is not more than 10 minutes ( edited the shutdown for 10 min. ) and this was during the 3 whip sessions. other than this it's instantly removed and let to cool. it has definately not been on the unit for "too long"
even with these steps I still have melting housings.. I don't know where I'm making the user error here, it seems like the design is the error.

Baron23

I have no plastic melting or charring. Melting plastic is indeed a major issue to me if occurring w some regularity.

I did get a bit of AL oxide on a damp ISO qtip from the conduction ring and I do not worry about it at all.

I try to keep in perspective what we breath in on a daily basis just going through life. The alternative is to not breath.

This may not be your perspective but it is mine.

Nolan Kinshella

I have no plastic melting or charring. Melting plastic is indeed a major issue to me if occurring w some regularity.

I did get a bit of AL oxide on a damp ISO qtip from the conduction ring and I do not worry about it at all.

I try to keep in perspective what we breath in on a daily basis just going through life. The alternative is to not breath.

This may not be your perspective but it is mine.

I have been feeling the same way, I inhaled lead, asbestos, industrial thinners, and piles of other crap during my 17 years in the Navy, this thing is probably cleaning me out lol. As for the melting chambers, I have very very light darkening on the edge of one plastic housing, the other is fine so far, but they have "loosened" their hold on the metal part, one of them 2 clips fell off in my hand when emptying it. Hopefully something more robust is released to us.

BigC’sTowing

I have been feeling the same way, I inhaled lead, asbestos, industrial thinners, and piles of other crap during my 17 years in the Navy, this thing is probably cleaning me out lol. As for the melting chambers, I have very very light darkening on the edge of one plastic housing, the other is fine so far, but they have "loosened" their hold on the metal part, one of them 2 clips fell off in my hand when emptying it. Hopefully something more robust is released to us.
Thank you for your service. I live in Chicago. Far worse things in my daily intake here.

WakeVape&Bake

I have been following the manual and never went above 200 celsius ( 2 times to try and decide it's not for me. )
Removing the housing instantly after a balloon, unscrewing the halves so they can cool out properly and I've used the whip only 3 times. cleaning the unit every week with iso to ensure no sticky or hot residue.
The maximum amount of time the housing has ever been on the unit is not more than 10 minutes ( edited the shutdown for 10 min. ) and this was during the 3 whip sessions. other than this it's instantly removed and let to cool. it has definately not been on the unit for "too long"
even with these steps I still have melting housings.. I don't know where I'm making the user error here, it seems like the design is the error.

most definitely, i don´t see the user error when chambers are melting despite using it for very short amounts of time. hell, there are people here only using bags and they have burned chambers.

seeing that it also melts for people who only use bags i would say that the device is in no way made for use with a whip...and when it is, it is just not good, i mean who does want to sit there looking at the clock when using the whip "oh, that was more than 10minutes, i have to unscrew the chamber!" the vaping experience is always rushed as a result.

the device is not rockstable at all. the whole purpose of the Hybrid is hybrid use and that is barely doable. it fails in exact the scenarios for which this update was released. think about using this with a group of people who all fill their bag one after another, it would not be able to handle that in the long term. the old Volcanos were used day in, day out for years in the Netherlands coffeeshops without any issues

as i said, for me the reducer metal is falling out of the orange ring when i turn the chamber around, so there has been some sort of deterioration happening.

and all that without mentioning the aluminium oxide forming on the ring

i´ve packed the Volcano back into the box for now, i just can´t look at this thing without being pissed at this point. i just feel super letdown about the fact that i´ve spent this much money for such a poor product.

Last edited:

david8613

I also sent storz-bickel an email about doing a return through bloomgrove. I have been using my grasshopper, ghost mv1, mighty, and dynavap m, more lately. no need to constantly clean, wipe down with rags, or even worry about chambers melting! I just load them and vape, and enjoy so easy the way its supposed to be. Using my other vapes made me realize how important it is to have back up vapes. I wish I still had my splinter z that one was a good one too. That was another vape I sold because of the hybrid, I didn't think I would need it anymore, big mistake. So in total I sold 4 vapes, splinter, splinter z, volcano classic and plenty for the volcano hybrid. :bang:

Top Bottom