volcano for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Oh...it still blows the vapor but you then suck it out? I guess that means it is not true vapor on demand? That sucks.
No, it blows. :p

The Volcano is designed to blow bags and it excels at that. Can't really fault it for not doing other things.

The VaporDomes seem pretty cool, custom glass is classier than an oven bag. Though you wouldn't think it'd hold too much vapor in comparison.

I think the reasons the Volcano draws so much criticism (here) are its price, and people elsewhere claiming that you need a Volcano if you're serious about vaporizing because everything else is second rate.

Claims that the aluminum heating block is off gassing toxins seem to be completely unfounded, no one has presented any evidence and the science seems to be sound.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
max said:
I think they addressed the original leaky vapor dome with an improved version. The site- vaporwhips.com, is still saying 'we'll be back soon', but it's been down for many months (a year?). Even with a non-leaking vapor dome, my issue with this setup is that it's not a true whip experience. You're filling the dome with the same diluted vapor that the 'cano produces. I don't see a huge difference between hitting the vapor in the dome with a whip vs. hitting the bagged vapor the usual way.
totaly agree with you , but I wasnt knowing for the new version .... and ps vaporwhips.com home page is stil in construction but try this http://www.vaporwhips.com/blog/

Clear_Dome,

mookow69

wow. The heater in my Volcano vaporizer has failed. It does not heat up. I bought it August 2007 so I have officially worn out a Volcano Classic in less then one year. I guess using it a minimum of 4-5 times a day wears out even the best :rolleyes: . I bought it off of eBay from a random person so I doubt it qualifies for warranty service.
I wonder how many other Volcano's have failed? Did I get a bad one?

mookow69,

max

Out to lunch
I have officially worn out a Volcano Classic in less then one year. I guess using it a minimum of 4-5 times a day wears out even the best
I don't know if you're serious or not, but no, you didn't wear it out. And I wouldn't give up on getting it fixed for free. If you bought it new, ebay can provide you with a receipt if you didn't keep the original. S&B has excellent service and they don't care who you bought it from if it was new. I've asked them. I'm sure they can tell from the serial # when it was made. If you're in the US it'll get repaired in Oakland. I'd contact them if I were you. I doubt they'd even charge you for return shipping.

Storz & Bickel America INC.
1155 5th Street #104
Oakland, CA 94607/USA
Phone +1-510-451-1553
Fax +1-510-451-2053
e-mail: oakland@storz-bickel.com
Internet: www.storz-bickel.com

max,

mookow69

Ooh really? Sweet, I e-mailed the Oakland facility to ask for more info so they may help me out.
I did print off a Paypal receipt today so it may be enough.

mookow69,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, the PayPal receipt would be fine.

I know a guy who needed repair for a crimped internal hose (restricted his air flow) and he lives close enough to S&B Oakland so that he delivered his 'cano personally. He was very impressed with their service. The tech also cleaned and calibrated the unit, upgraded a couple of components to newer versions (his vape was 2 yrs. old), and gave him a box of bags and a grinder. Can't beat that for service.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
:o ah....so also the almighty volcano sometimes fails?

also god made some mistake!

marcuss,

LutherBlissett

The Vape of Things to Come
I think it's important to keep in mind that mookow69 bought his from an unknown person on ebay.

That user may have thrown their Volcano out the window or whatever, prior to selling it.

I've been using mine about six times a day for about a year now, and so far it behaves as though I bought it yesterday.

:)

I hope to keep it in good working order and pass it on to my grandchildren. :lol:

LutherBlissett,

max

Out to lunch
Any vape can break. The more complicated it is the more likely it is to crap out. S & B makes a high quality product. I'd certainly trust it more than the $500+ digital whip vapes.

That user may have thrown their Volcano out the window or whatever, prior to selling it.
And it may have been treated with kid gloves. :shrug:

I've been using mine about six times a day for about a year now, and so far it behaves as though I bought it yesterday.
You've said that today on another thread. You love your Volcano. We get it.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
The volcano is a good vap but that's not enought to justify the cost ...I would preffer to get a Extreme + I-Inhal for ruffly the same price as a cano or a SSV + Pd ....

Clear_Dome,

LutherBlissett

max said:
Any vape can break. The more complicated it is the more likely it is to crap out. S & B makes a high quality product. I'd certainly trust it more than the $500+ digital whip vapes.

And it may have been treated with kid gloves. :shrug:
Well obviously, but the very fact that you're also talking in terms of what "may" be just makes my point even further, which is that it's only possible to assess something's reliability if you're aware of the conditions under which it's been assessed.

max said:
You've said that today on another thread. You love your Volcano. We get it.
The information happened to be pertinent to this thread too. You love your attitude. We get it.

LutherBlissett,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
maybe you could highlight the points that you like on the volcano as opposed to the other vapes that are out there?
im sorry, people here tend to be a bit down on the volcano due to its price, but mostly because of its often overzealous fanbase and misleading hype
no bad vibes intended here, you like your volcano, i respect that

Acolyte of Zinglon,

LutherBlissett

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
maybe you could highlight the points that you like on the volcano as opposed to the other vapes that are out there?
I think that different people are attracted to different elements.

For me, I like the fact that you can boil the parts which come into contact with weed and your mouth (or throw away and replace, in the case of the bags). So it's always reasonably clean.

The chamber has a very wide aperture, the air-pump is quite powerful, and the bags are potentially very capacious indeed, meaning that it can be used for a party or fairly large group without anyone missing out or having to wait long to get a turn.

The temperature is adjustable and has a wide enough range to mean that you can use all kinds of pot in it.

The base unit is separate from the part which holds the pot, and so if you are unfortunate enough to get busted, at least the base unit will probably not be picked up by the law, if it's left next to the food blender and the toaster (as it's rather expensive to replace, this isn't to be sniffed at!).

Plenty of coffee shops have one, so you can just bring a bag and a mouthpiece in your pocket and vapourise in Amsterdam or wherever with ease.

EDIT

I'm not knocking other vapourisers, many of which also possess some of the advantages of the Volcano ...I'm just saying that if someone does splash out on a Volcano, he or she won't be left feeling ripped off, and he or she won't be left wanting a more powerful vapour hit (because there simply isn't one).

LutherBlissett,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
he or she won't be left wanting a more powerful vapour hit (because there simply isn't one).
see, thats the kind of statement that will get other members on you, this has been said many times to many different members, but you can avoid the wrath of the "fact police" by adding a simple imo or :2c: to it, so it doesnt seem like you think youre stating fact
hype doesnt really sit well here without specific evidence to back it up
here at fc, you can find entire pages that are just arguing semantics of what a person said, just a fair warning

Acolyte of Zinglon,

LutherBlissett

In ten years of vapourising, having toured the states living with and interviewing medical users and growers, and trying their methods of vapourising, and after testing at least ten top end vapourisers currently on the market from a friend's local retail outlet (in the UK), I can say that I have yet to use a machine capable of getting THC into your bloodstream at a faster rate or in a more pleasant way.

That's not hype, but nor is it hard science. It's simply my experience and the conclusion I've drawn from it.

EDIT I'm not blind though, and I'd say a Purple Days wins in the beauty department! :D

LutherBlissett,

max

Out to lunch
Not trying to piss you off Luther, but you arrived here in 'Volcano hype mode' and we have few 'cano fans here. BTW, most of us also consider the $500+ digital whip vapes to be overpriced as well.

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
hype doesnt really sit well here without specific evidence to back it up
Exactly.

LutherBlissett= said:
That's not hype, but nor is it hard science. It's simply my experience and the conclusion I've drawn from it.
But it is just your opinion, and as A of Z said, you stated it as fact.

I've found that most cannabis forums that have a vape section tend to have a fan base that favors certain vapes. Stonerforums favors the SSV. Treatingyourself.com has a huge 'cano fan base. I'm sure you could make the case that this forum is biased toward certain vapes like the Extreme, SSV, and PD. But I think that's because they've been found to offer high quality at reasonable prices. In the case of the Extreme and SSV, we're just mirroring the strong popularity of these two. They are selling very well and buyers are happy with their purchases. The strong showing of the PD on this forum makes us sort of the leading edge of satisfaction with this model, since it's so new to the market. But all things considered, we're pretty open minded here. Visit tokecity or grasscity for a while and you may appreciate this forum more.

max,

LutherBlissett

I stated it as fact because, because in my experience it is true.

My "opinion" might be that blue is a better colour to paint a fence than red, but it is a fact to state that I have not found any superior vapouriser.

Sorry if you have such a hard time with that.

LutherBlissett,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
LutherBlissett said:
Plenty of coffee shops have one, so you can just bring a bag and a mouthpiece in your pocket and vapourise in Amsterdam or wherever with ease.
That's the most compelling reason I've heard yet to own a 'cano, if I'm in Amsterdam. Although I could just buy a bag and mouthpiece set and enjoy that benefit.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
LutherBlissett said:
In ten years of vapourising, having toured the states living with and interviewing medical users and growers, and trying their methods of vapourising, and after testing at least ten top end vapourisers currently on the market from a friend's local retail outlet (in the UK), I can say that I have yet to use a machine capable of getting THC into your bloodstream at a faster rate or in a more pleasant way.

EDIT I'm not blind though, and I'd say a Purple Days wins in the beauty department! :D
Now we're getting somewhere! Please indulge me, as I must know what other vapes have you tried? Your kind of experience would be more valuable if we knew what you are comparing the 'cano to. You might be in the top fifteen or twenty around here in terms of experiencing different models.

Have you used a silver surfer yet? Tokin gets some of the most obscene hits I've ever seen (smoke or vapor) with that thing...there's a video link around here somewhere. I've used a 'cano once (it was my first vape experience ever), and I can't imagine it coming close to what Tokin gets off his ssv (I have yet to hit a ssv).

If you could, take some time to put a list in your signature of the vapes you are using most now.

I've only hit the 'cano, Extreme and VaporGenie. I can say that I am quite proficient at the E and VG by now, and I don't recall my only 'cano experience being any better than what I get off my Extreme...but it was a year ago when I hit that 'cano, so the time vs memory thing may be in effect here.

stickstones,

LutherBlissett

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
would the shops mind you bringing your own vape? i wouldnt think they would
Yeah, but a bag and mouthpiece fit in the pocket more easily than taking a full size Vap around.

Oh, stickstones, yes I have tried a Silver Surfer, although in terms of what I have myself, these days I have a Volcano at home and an iInhale to take out (or Volcano bag if I'm visiting a cafe! :)).

Actually, the most powerful vapouriser I have *ever* used was about ten years ago in a coffee shop (sorry I can't remember which one). The guy had a very big and "pro" looking heat gun, and a VAST glass bong which held so much water it would have to be drained before it could be lifted. It was clearly a custom design, and not the kind of thing you would seriously recommend to someone asking after advice on vapourisers, but still I suppose it deserves a mention here.

LutherBlissett,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Actually, the most powerful vapouriser I have *ever* used was about ten years ago in a coffee shop (sorry I can't remember which one). The guy had a very big and "pro" looking heat gun, and a VAST glass bong which held so much water it would have to be drained before it could be lifted. It was clearly a custom design, and not the kind of thing you would seriously recommend to someone asking after advice on vapourisers, but still I suppose it deserves a mention here.
damn, there was a picture somewhere of something like that, i think tom posted it but i cant seem to find it

Acolyte of Zinglon,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
eaglebill_1.jpg

eaglebill.jpg

???

KeepCalm,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom