volcano for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitzpon

i got my volcano today and i just used it for the very first time, man i had no idea how good it is going to be.

the vapor i got was amazin, and so much stronger then my genie or my home made vap.
i can see that its worth every penny.
one bag on 190 C and im totaly baked.
good thing i didnt go with 220 C.

Pitzpon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Amazingly, I think you're one of the only people here that owns one. Glad you're liking it, I assume you have the digi.
the vapor i got was amazin, and so much stronger then my genie or my home made vap.
I hope so. ;)

Enjoy! :cheers:

vtac,

Pitzpon

nope, got the classic, didnt see the need for a digital especially since you only get 2 years warranty.

Pitzpon,

max

Out to lunch
I would hope so, considering the price difference. :lol:

i can see that its worth every penny.
Glad to hear you got your moneys worth. It's not for everyone though.

good thing i didnt go with 220 C.
Yeah, that's a little hot. ;)

max,

Pitzpon

well i know its expensive (really) for that price i could get 2 other good vaps.
and maby even keep some change ...
but it seems to me like one of the easyest most consistent vaporizer, since im using for medical resons thats what im looking for.
i have no where to try out vaps so my only option is buying, so i wanted somthin that im sure i could use.

im hearing good stuff about the herborizer & extreme id love trying them out.
actually come to think about it there are like 20 vaps i would like to try out....

when i get some cash i might consider buying one of those two.

max for home use what is the best vap you would recommend? whip style best and baloon best ?

Pitzpon,

max

Out to lunch
well i know its expensive (really) for that price i could get 2 other good vaps.
You can't go wrong with the 'cano IMO. Even if someone decides they don't like it, or down the road decides to go the whip route, the 'cano has great resale value.

im hearing good stuff about the herborizer & extreme id love trying them out.
actually come to think about it there are like 20 vaps i would like to try out....
I don't know if there are as many as 20 on my wish list (I've already worked my way partially through my list), but definitely quite a few I'd like to try, including the herbo.

what is the best vap you would recommend? whip style best and baloon best ?
You've got bag use covered with the 'cano. It's hard to recommend anything over that one unless you're looking for the combo of direct draw and bag use. I believe the Extreme is the most satisfying combo vape, although whip use on that one doesn't measure up to a good whip only vape if you like rich vapor hits. A little too much air for my taste. For smooth, rich hits it's hard to beat the SSV for the money. Haven't tried the Da Buddha, but if you like hands free I hear it's excellent, and since it's based on the Surfer, it's definitely a proven design. My favorite all around vape is the Purple-Days, when you consider portability, durability, efficiency, and value. If I could only have one vape, the PD would be it, although I'd miss the big hits you get with the SSV.

When you round up the high quality vapes like most of the ones we talk about here on FC, the 'best' ends up being the one that suits your individual wants/needs and style.

max,

Pitzpon

well first of all, i think your totaly right.
i dont think there is a "best" vaporizer there quite a few excellent vaps and you should just find what you want/need and what you like best.

i have herd a lot about the PD, but there isnt that much information about it on theyr site.
does it take it 30 mins to heat up ?
can you set your temp ?
other then that i know you can get a BP so its very portable.
seems like a good deal.
also from what i've herd so far the "Da Buddha" is a great deal and im thinking about gettin it if i could ever afford another vap after i got the cano :-( (about the biggest down-side i found about gettin one of those)

i still need a good portable vap.
after using the cano i know how bad i am with the genie.

say max when you say
I've already worked my way partially through my list
can you tell us what you already own / ownd (what happend to the ones you used to have ? dead / sold / passed to somone else ?
and espicially tell us which vaporizers to stay away from.

sorry for buggin you with all my questions.

Pitzpon,

Spiderman

oil baron
Pitz,

Congrats, the cano is definitly a pretty cool vape. the bag is rather convenient, but also sometimes to me feels just a hair tacky. If you want to look into a glass on glass whip adapter for your cano, look at the Vapor Domes. http://www.vaporwhips.com/ Their site is currently down, but theres info around on them, and they're pretty cool.

Spiderman,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Congrats on the purchase Pitz! For me I need stealth quiet so anything with a fan is out for me. I still can't get past the price of a cano and I'm curious why you choose that when you say

also from what i've herd so far the "Da Buddha" is a great deal and im thinking about gettin it if i could ever afford another vap after i got the cano
Was the cano the only option in your area?

The SSV and Da Budda and PD can all be left on 24/7 if you want and IMO would be more convienant than the cano for the medical user coz your only a few seconds from whip to hit.

I'm not knocking the volcano because they are a proven unit and as Max said the resale is great. And you'll get years of top draw vapping so ... enjoy bro :leaf:

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

This is a cool Volcano thread.

Come over to the Purple-Days Experience thread and ask away.

Sorry to hear you say there isn't enough info on our site. Help us out, we want to answer your questions.

Bag vape, you have the one...
Fishing, backpack, cycling vape, you have that one too...

As you move into a more stable temp than a butane can give you will see that more temperature doesn;t make 'Better' vappr. You will hit your zone, after that, what's the point ?

Nice report Pitzpon. Tell us more.

Purple-Days,

Pitzpon

actually there are no vaps in my area (israel).
every thing has to be sent over here by mail.

the shipping alone costs about 60$ for the volcano and another 17% tax and you start thinking, dam thats expensive.

my volcano got deliverd to my by a relative so that way i didnt pay nothin for shipping or tax.
i suspect that this is the only way for me to get my gear.

i took the volcano coz i heard a lot about it and it seemd like the one most fitted for me and my likings as my goal is actually to use the smallest amount possible to medicate myself.
also, unlike other vaps you almost never hear that somone hates his volcano, some people might prefer another because they like it more but i dont recall seeing somone say i hate my cano or somthin like that.

true that the ssv DB PD are more accessable coz they can stay 24/7 but for that you get less consistent hits.
im not saying thats a bad thing but for me i prefer the same hit every time, that way i can mesure it and repeat the same hit every time i need to be medicated.

i took the volcano because i knew no matter what i wont be disapointed, i might like others better but i'l be able to use this one for as long as i need it.

with that said im still interested in trying other hi quality vaps, just because some vaps are new or not popular does not make them bad.

Pitzpon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
No need to defend the Volvano. it is a worthy implement.
Is that some new Swedish vaporizer? :D

Pitzpon said:
nope, got the classic, didnt see the need for a digital especially since you only get 2 years warranty.
Cool, I'd take the classic too. I assumed digi because you mentioned specific temps.

Enjoy your investment! And that's cool you still have an open mind to the other vaporizers out there. :tup:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have a friend who is a HEAVY user and has had a Volcano for years. The things last forever.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. :D

Volvo - Volcano... I need to get my humor checked. :ko:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I assumed digi because you mentioned specific temps.
The manual has a reference chart where the numbers on the dial correspond to temps. 6=190 C, 7=202 C, etc.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Pitzpon said:
actually there are no vaps in my area (israel).
every thing has to be sent over here by mail.

the shipping alone costs about 60$ for the volcano and another 17% tax and you start thinking, dam thats expensive.

my volcano got deliverd to my by a relative so that way i didnt pay nothin for shipping or tax.
i suspect that this is the only way for me to get my gear.

And therefore you made the right choice. I have similair issues with customs tough on 'smoking' gear so I had to take what ws in the shops. A $250 box vap or $1100 for the cano :disgust: I would have loved the volcano but was out of my league. Least I'm vapping and loving it!.

vaporcloud,

Pitzpon

well first for the price of the volcano you can actually get 4 box vaps ... so in terms of life span. im sure that a new vap every time the old one dies will overlast the volcano...

and if you get a good vaporizer and you like the vapor you get, i dont see anything wrong with that.

Pitzpon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Pitzpon said:
and if you get a good vaporizer and you like the vapor you get, i dont see anything wrong with that.
Bottom line right there bro :tup: My box vape has a metal heating rod :o and early models has really bad reliability issues. I've had mine for 8 months now, is left on for hours at a time and hits hard ... huge vapor clouds ... enough that a first time vapor friend the other day saw my first hit and the amount of vapor I expelled he commented 'oh so you still get smoke' This was the first hit on the whip and the product was only slightly roasted ie still looked greenish. I fucken love my vap ... I do have a wish list but why change what works for ya :)

vaporcloud,

mookow69

I gotta add my :2c:
I have a Volcano Classic.
Yes they are overpriced. Yes they are not perfect. But I love my Classic. Every time I use it I get great results. I also have scrutinized the insides and feel it is safe. I do however feel that although it can extract a lot, it tends to take a lot to put in the chamber. I am searching for a more personal vape-and-go style vaporizer for daily use. But until I find it my classic is my daily driver. I would love the digital read out but they are just too over indulged for me to afford at this time :lol:

mookow69,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Pitzpon...I got an Extreme for my first vaporizer. It took me several months to migrate from using the bag more to using the whip more and I gotta say I love the whip. Someone mentioned it on here earlier, but I would definitely suggest getting the whip attachement for your volcano in a few months.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
lol vapor dome cost around 300$(probably more if you'r not a wholeseller ...) for clear version and seem to leak most of the time cause the dome is fix with a kind of rubber fitting ....soo not shur this is a got idea to had it to your volaco ...or at least try to find someone who own one and ask him if this is the best way to upgrade your volcano !

:2c:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
I think they addressed the original leaky vapor dome with an improved version. The site- vaporwhips.com, is still saying 'we'll be back soon', but it's been down for many months (a year?). Even with a non-leaking vapor dome, my issue with this setup is that it's not a true whip experience. You're filling the dome with the same diluted vapor that the 'cano produces. I don't see a huge difference between hitting the vapor in the dome with a whip vs. hitting the bagged vapor the usual way.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Oh...it still blows the vapor but you then suck it out? I guess that means it is not true vapor on demand? That sucks.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom