Volcanic Rock Vapor Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
captainhits said:
Well its really just a small piece of metal with a ceramic filter. The distance the vapor travels through it is about an inch. The only contention is the tiny speck of paint that some had on the inside. Easily removed if found
I'm lost when you say things like that...you think the PD (or any other vape for that matter) doesn't quite meet your 'standards', but a knock-off vaporizer that has paint for you to scratch off is far superior to the competition....:uhh:

what type of GONG tube do you have anyway?

I think user error played a huge role in your PD experience, but from the looks of your history with vapes it scares me that it wasn't that.

Oh and if you think switching to a herborizer will lose the "science experiment" look/feel...your sadly mistaken. Watch out the temperature controller on the side might just make this vaporizer too complex. We all know the simplicities of using a vape with suspected levels of led in it and how enjoyable that can be....:p

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
If you find one with a speck of paint inside it can (and should) be cleaned off.
Why use lead paint to begin with?

Even if somehow you get a clean model or fix it up yourself, it definitely speaks volumes about a company that consciously chooses to use lead paints on a product that revolves around flames and inhalation.

WHY, would you use lead paint?

Chubba,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
vtac said:
Well, to go on and say that the PD, SSV, Volcano and VG are all trash would point to user error.
Some of the most well reviewed and respected vapes on the market by sooooo many people, that I find it impossible to believe that they're all trash from the review of one person.

And yeah, I totally agree with stickstones above (see post #14).
Please quote using actual quotes (not just you lwien) This is how words get minced. I NEVER said any particular vape was trash or bs. EVER. Again, i said either too complicated or bs. Too complicated is not in the same realm as trash.

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Chubba said:
If you find one with a speck of paint inside it can (and should) be cleaned off.
Why use lead paint to begin with?

Even if somehow you get a clean model or fix it up yourself, it definitely speaks volumes about a company that consciously chooses to use lead paints on a product that revolves around flames and inhalation.

WHY, would you use lead paint?
I dont know but as long as its nowwhere where my vapor is going or touching I could care less.

captainhits,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
well explain why you think they are BS...all we are saying is that its dog shit for you to even say that generalization and at the same time ENJOY A VAPOR BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

Hennessy1414,

captainhits

Retailer
Hennessy1414 said:
captainhits said:
Well its really just a small piece of metal with a ceramic filter. The distance the vapor travels through it is about an inch. The only contention is the tiny speck of paint that some had on the inside. Easily removed if found
I'm lost when you say things like that...you think the PD (or any other vape for that matter) doesn't quite meet your 'standards', but a knock-off vaporizer that has paint for you to scratch off is far superior to the competition....:uhh:

I think user error played a huge role in your PD experience, but from the looks of your history with vapes it scares me that it wasn't that.

Oh and if you think switching to a herborizer will lose the "science experiment" look/feel...your sadly mistaken. Watch out the temperature controller on the side might just make this vaporizer too complex. We all know the simplicities of using a vape with suspected levels of led in it and how enjoyable that can be....:p

There is no paint or lead in my vaporbuddy :party:

captainhits,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I dont know but as long as its nowwhere where my vapor is going or touching I could care less.
That's where we differ it seems.

I like to support honest business and I'll pay much more money for a quality product going to quality people. I just can't take anyone seriously that puts lead paint on a vaporizer, there is absolutely no reason to do so besides flat out being a douche.

Chubba,

captainhits

Retailer
Hennessy1414 said:
well explain why you think they are BS...all we are saying is that its dog shit for you to even say that generalization and at the same time ENJOY A VAPOR BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:
Well for the ones I feel are bs as opposed to just too complicated: plastic tubing, plastic bags or any bags, wispy thin hits, overcooking, undercooking, spot cooking, throat burning hits, etc, etc, etc, etc.

captainhits,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Chubba said:
I like to support honest business and I'll pay much more money for a quality product going to quality people. I just can't take anyone seriously that puts lead paint on a vaporizer, there is absolutely no reason to do so besides flat out being a douche.
im with you my friend....

captn'~"There is no paint or lead in my vaporbuddy"
could you show me the test results that proved that?

...or is that an assumption on your part?

Hennessy1414,

captainhits

Retailer
The_Algebraist said:
stickstones said:
I fear captainhits may have missed out on some good times due to user error.
Hm, is this more of a technique issue? The herb looks like step 1 in the 3 to 4 phase PD hittin' process... I have also ended up with a nice and evenly cooked bowl at the end as well. Additionally, I thought that user error was the final diagnosis on this situation?

Another user reported scorching, to the forum. He had his PD only hours... He did not go to the mfg first. Turns out that user error and protruding material from the bowl caused his problems, along with possible draw speed issues, yet he condemned the crossbar, resistor and a few other items as the cause of his woes. After learning to load the bowl properly has reported (to me) that he likes the PD. The same user also came to the forum reporting he had a problem with the car adapter. After testing the car adapter in our facility we have found nothing wrong. The fuse is good, the wire is good, the plug is good. Only conclusion again is impatience and user error.
Again there's a dynamic here that I won't aire out of respect for Tom.

The_Algebraist said:
If a refund were issued in this case it would fall more in line with a seller honoring a 'satisfaction guaranteed' as opposed to 'faulty unit', no? Just out of curiosity, why so many posts casting the PD (and the SSV, Volcano and VG???!!!!) in a negative light? I think we get the point in this particular situation.
Uh, does that green herb look vaped to you??? There is no need to continue to debate the hotspots or technique when the indisputable and undenyable is evident in the pics showing the unvaped bowls using the car adapter. I'm replying to these merely for clarification of the misquotes and to offer my input.

FYI There was only a single post by me mentioning other vapes which was misquoted.

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Progress said:
Duh, could you explain a bit more about what makes you refer to this unit as the 'volcanic rock vapor buddy' (is that name on the packaging/from memory, could it be the volcanic rock somethingelse or the standard vapor buddy?)--it seems futile to further discuss this until we are certain about what the unit described by Duh as the "Volcanic Rock Vapor Buddy" really is.Captainhits, I am glad that you are happy with the Vapor buddy (and that the need for you estimate how much heat to apply to the heating element and the use of a butane-gas-powered flame to heat it do not bother you).

Captainhits, I find myself baffled at the descriptions of how difficult other units are (when that is the main factor that keeps me from being interested in the flame powered units).

Everyone has the right to their own opinions, but you will never hear me stating that the "Vapor Buddy is crap" as fact (even though I worry about any company that would release any vaporizers with paint in the Vaporpath and feel that the effort needed to ensure that enough/not too much heat is applied is just too much for me to deal with when relaxing for a vape, despite the unit's cost).

Captainhits, Could you please explain what the Vapor Buddy has to offer that may make it worthwhile to look for one that does not have paint in the vapor path instead of getting one of the many other flame powered vaporizers?

Thank you to all who contribute (hope this helps).
Again the misquote continues, no fault of yours. The flame powered units can be a pain in the ass if you dont have a good lighter with good clean fluid. To me the bigger pain in the ass is power cords that require movement to take a hit (big comfort hamper), plastic tubing, need of constant power source, necessity to constantly leave on or else lengthy heat up, hot exposed heating elements, etc. I'm about comfort.

After 20 years of smoking herb, I've determined that for me the sweetest and tastiest hits come filtered through h2o. All I have to do with the Vaporbuddy is fill my bowl and light my bongload! And I get the same thick hits as if I was smoking except its totally sweet vapor. Couldn't be easier. Plus it's extremely efficient..the vaped herb is always cooked completely and evenly. Garcia later :cool:

:wave: EDIT: ONE IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE VAPOR BUDDY I FORGOT TO MENTION:
It NEEDS the spring that holds the VG's screen up off the surface of the bowl. I got a spare from VG specifically for the VB. I will say this for certain, without the spring it's a night and day difference for the worse. It limits the airflow around the herb and causes the screen to clog constantly. Only with the spring from the VG do I get my great feelings for the VB if that makes sense. :p

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Hennessy1414 said:
Chubba said:
im with you my friend....

captn'~"There is no paint or lead in my vaporbuddy"
could you show me the test results that proved that?

...or is that an assumption on your part?
I looked at them before I bought and saw ones with the speck of paint and ones without. I bought one without. Looks like just poor quality control to me.

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
duh said:
It took me awhile to find the thread had moved. I had some real good chuckles! Captainhits, thanks for stirring up the pot! :)

Progress, I have seen the Vapor Genie and this is not it - there was no label or package. The top of the lid looks like the top of the MTV Movie Award popcorn - its a rock cluster. The rock gets visibly hot. I'll take a few pics tomorrow and put them in this thread.
My pleasure! I like the debate also. As far as Ive read on the VG site its a ceramic filter. It does kinda look like volcanic rock. ;)

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Hennessy1414 said:

I have a no name thick beaker (roor style but less expensive)

The herborizer does look like a science experiment with the cords and controller. And supposedly its 220v only...im only mid read on the thread so Im not sold on it yet and definitely have some questions.

It's amazing how much hype one competitor can create about another. Don't you think that there are far more toxins in the components and housings of most vapes than a speck of paint (if it were present) would give off? Plus worst case scenerio if it were there and not cleaned wouldn't the toxin in that small spek be gone pretty quick?

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Chubba said:
That's where we differ it seems.

agreed there. Just havent seen a better one as simple yet. I havent tried the vaporstar yet however.:brow:

Again im referring to bong attachments here only. Obviously there are better made better quality non-bong attachment vapes.

Next time I stir up the pot this much I'll TRY to reply to everyone in one post! :peace:

captainhits,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
captainhits said:
lol, I loaded the thing probably 200 times and I've got full functioning senses :D. It was loaded all 2 different ways possible. All with the same results.
lemme get this straight...you loaded a PD stem 200 times and never hit one of them more than 2 times? It would take me almost seven weeks of consistent use to get 200 bowls packed. And your PD bowls look just as they should after one or two hits. I don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to vaporizers.

Please keep your posts about vaporizers to facts and not exaggerated statements.

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
CH - Again the misquote continues, no fault of yours.
I don't recall quoting anything you said? :hmm:
CH - The flame powered units can be a pain in the ass if you dont have a good lighter with good clean fluid.
And just having to estimate how long to heat the ceramic to achieve the perfect temperature can be a pain in the ass, no? :shrug:
CH - To me the bigger pain in the ass is power cords that require movement to take a hit (big comfort hamper)
'Power cords that require movement to take a hit'??? :hmm:
CH - hot exposed heating elements
You listed this as a problem with other vapes...You prefer exposed flames to exposed heating elements?

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to some of the things I stated, but how come you did not even touch on the one question I posed for you (included again below)
P - Captainhits, Could you please explain what the Vapor Buddy has to offer that may make it worthwhile to look for one that does not have paint in the vapor path instead of getting one of the many other flame powered vaporizers?
Thank you (and I second the request to please try to keep facts and opinions separate) ;).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny Side Note:
Captainhits wrote: I NEVER said any particular vape was trash or bs. EVER. Again, i said either too complicated or bs. Too complicated is not in the same realm as trash.
Captainhits wrote: All the other expensive vapes IMO are garbage.
I guess trash and garbage are different??? :shrug: You never said that any particular vape is trash or BS...you said too complicated or bs (interesting you never said they were BS but rather said that they are BS??? :hmm: Do you want to know what I think is trash/garbage and BS??? :cool:

Progress,

The_Algebraist

Man. I'm confused. So to sum it up, you're discounting vapes of proven, tested quality and performance, including health and safety, and singing the praises of a vape with questionable quality and integrity? So are you discounting user error here? :hmm:

Dude. The PD is the truth. Might not be the perfect fit/style/preferred way to vape for some, but for a laid back dude that enjoys a laid back kinda vape session and never having to worry about performance, made from safe materials, tested by the man, and just milks the herb to an empty husk of its former glorious self, well it's the shit.

The_Algebraist,

duh

The pics for the 'Volcanic Rock Vapor Buddy knock-off' are below. Notice the pumice stone and the holes in the volcanic rock in the lid. I didn't get a good shot of the inside of the base - but it has paint too...

duh,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
duh,

Thanks for the pics.

The choice is really yours if you want to use it. You've been informed of the risks, but no one here will hold your hands. CaptainHits seems to be the only fan of the VaporBuddy, surprisingly....

I'd count your losses and look into a VaporGenie. A new glass version is coming out soon....

SpiralArchitect,

lwien

Chubba said:
I just can't take anyone seriously that puts lead paint on a vaporizer, there is absolutely no reason to do so besides flat out being a douche.
And to save money in manufacture. Hell, there was a HUGE rash of baby toys that were imported from China that was painted with lead based paint, and they KNOW that babys put toys in their mouths. I would be suspect from any vape imported from China.

Why in the hell take a chance on ANY of these imported vapes, when there are much healthier alternatives on the market.

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
stickstones said:
captainhits said:
lol, I loaded the thing probably 200 times and I've got full functioning senses :D. It was loaded all 2 different ways possible. All with the same results.
lemme get this straight...you loaded a PD stem 200 times and never hit one of them more than 2 times?
It would take me almost seven weeks of consistent use to get 200 bowls packed. And your PD bowls look just as they should after one or two hits. I don't think you know what you're talking about when it comes to vaporizers.

Please keep your posts about vaporizers to facts and not exaggerated statements.
These are facts. Please show me the quote saying I never hit ANY of my bowls more than 2 times. Nothing more irritating than being cross examined with a misquote. :o

captainhits,

The_Algebraist

captainhits said:
Uh, does that green herb look vaped to you???
Lol. Not entirely certain that misquotes have anything to do with it. I think most folks are kinda on the ball regarding this matter. The bowl pack looks like a partially vaped bowl of over-packed herb in a PD stem, yes.

Just to be sure I knew what the fuck I was talking about I packed a bowl of dry, ground up kush, into my PD stem and loaded her up such that it looked like your image. Guess what? :brow:

I think most people will generally agree that from what you've presented in terms of images and text, that the fact is, you've over-packed your herb. Period.

I'm gonna have to agree with Spiral and Lwien, why go with anything suspect when there are a number of awesome (safe/tested/user satisfaction) options out there?

The_Algebraist,

captainhits

Retailer
Progress said:
CH - Again the misquote continues, no fault of yours.
I don't recall quoting anything you said? :hmm:

You said
progress said:
Everyone has the right to their own opinions, but you will never hear me stating that the "Vapor Buddy is crap"
I NEVER said any particular vape was crap, trash, garbage or bs. What I stated for the 25th time was that other vapes are EITHER too complicated or bs. That means one or the other.

CH - The flame powered units can be a pain in the ass if you dont have a good lighter with good clean fluid.
And just having to estimate how long to heat the ceramic to achieve the perfect temperature can be a pain in the ass, no? :shrug:

No, not at all.

CH - To me the bigger pain in the ass is power cords that require movement to take a hit (big comfort hamper)
'Power cords that require movement to take a hit'??? :hmm:

LOL a little unknown vape...;pd; the cord requires movement for every hit.

CH - hot exposed heating elements
You listed this as a problem with other vapes...You prefer exposed flames to exposed heating elements?

ABSOLUTELY! Common sense...A flame is hot only while it's lit and a hit is being drawn. An exposed heating element is always hot when on.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply to some of the things I stated, but how come you did not even touch on the one question I posed for you (included again below)
P - Captainhits, Could you please explain what the Vapor Buddy has to offer that may make it worthwhile to look for one that does not have paint in the vapor path instead of getting one of the many other flame powered vaporizers?
I've told you what I think the VB has to offer and why it's worthwhile. I've made numerous comments comparing it to the VG and have stated in other posts that I haven't tried other flame powered units such as the vaporstar.

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
The_Algebraist said:
Man. I'm confused. So to sum it up, you're discounting vapes of proven, tested quality and performance, including health and safety, and singing the praises of a vape with questionable quality and integrity? So are you discounting user error here? :hmm:

Dude. The PD is the truth. Might not be the perfect fit/style/preferred way to vape for some, but for a laid back dude that enjoys a laid back kinda vape session and never having to worry about performance, made from safe materials, tested by the man, and just milks the herb to an empty husk of its former glorious self, well it's the shit.
If mine did that I might be singing the same praises. :popcorn:

captainhits,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom