Vaporizer Purchase Question

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Are there dosing pods for it?
Tinymight has dosing capsules for sale on their site. Those who use them, like them. I believe you can also make capsules from other manufacturers work, but YMMV. I personally don't use dosing capsules because I don't think they offer me anything useful. I have loading tools that are a reliable measure. I also feel like they affect the flavor, which is important to me. Some people enjoy them for traveling.

andrew`124c41+

Tinymight has dosing capsules for sale on their site. Those who use them, like them. I believe you can also make capsules from other manufacturers work, but YMMV. I personally don't use dosing capsules because I don't think they offer me anything useful. I have loading tools that are a reliable measure. I also feel like they affect the flavor, which is important to me. Some people enjoy them for traveling.
What kind of loading tools?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Here is a link to my favorite loading tool: https://www.cannabishardware.com/products/pax-loading-tool (I actually got mine from Vgoodiez, but they are sold out right now).

It is a little expensive, but I like it because it holds about 1/10th of a gram and fits the curve of my grinders well. Some folks like scoops that can be stored in the grinder.

@Shit Snacks shared their favorite tools from TRWW in a thread yesterday:
Yeah exactly, only the XL are the non-magnetic ones, he had gotten them in stock later on (this and this), I also had the original previously and now I never use it since I got both XL styles, one of them is basically the same style just a little longer and non-magnetic so it's awesome! Acrylic & Wood:
View attachment 15382View attachment 15383

Petetbay

Here is a link to my favorite loading tool: https://www.cannabishardware.com/products/pax-loading-tool (I actually got mine from Vgoodiez, but they are sold out right now).

It is a little expensive, but I like it because it holds about 1/10th of a gram and fits the curve of my grinders well. Some folks like scoops that can be stored in the grinder.

@Shit Snacks shared their favorite tools from TRWW in a thread yesterday:
Go Amazon.com and search Pax loading tool and you’ll get ton of tools for cheap, I think the pax tool is like $9.

blackstone

In terms of medical safety or purity for inhalation, I think of vaporizers that have heat exchangers as part of their design, (even the clever aluminium ones inside S&B portables and desktops!) and those with encapsulated or otherwise isolated heating coils, as being at the very top of the safety league. This includes most modern PID based vapes and ball vapes including SSV43, the E-Elev8r, and Flowerpots. Not only because the actual heat source can be run at much lower, closer to actual vaporization temperatures (because interaction with air and with your material can be much more efficient and cleverly managed), but because it isolates a constantly replenishing source of air from the coil, avoiding oxidization and potential depletion of the heater coil which you would have inhaled all your air across.
And of course in case of a fault while you inhale, the results will be more manageable.
Pioneers like the SSV makers, S&B, Vapexhale, and nowadays Cannabis Hardware (Newvape), Herborizer and many others have strived for years to ultimately offer fully encapsulated heating coils and heat exchangers for this reason to allow a safe, pure tasting inhalation and I'm not too comfortable with someone thinking, without any explanation, that they have now cracked the magic metal/oxidization/surface area formula so that the dry, energised heater element coil develops all the correct, safe amounts and types of oxidization as you inhale across it, to prevent depletion of the at times glowing metal coil, be it a plain old Kanthal wire winding or any type of wound metal ribbon or mesh.
There may someday be a certain metal type/surface area of wound element heater properly proven to be safe for inhalation, and possibly to have a system for fault situations should the coil blow or overheat, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet.
Most instant, on demand convection only vapes, or a lot of what has been recommended to you here already, use a bare coil, a wound metal energised ribbon coil, or wire mesh heater element. I'm not against the idea of portable, on demand convection only, or instant on demand convection only, if it's what I feel to be very safely performed with encapsulated heating coils (Boundless Tera) or a neat little heat exchanger (Hopper and Hopper io), both actually requiring bong or water use, the latter also having CS/reliability issues.
Hope that narrows it down a bit for you!

If you want the most pure and extremely safe inhalations, look no further than the InVerzion vaporizer or something that has the heater coil similarly isolated from the air that you inhale, like all the big players have normally done.
I'm prepared to sacrifice a minute here or there for respiratory system safety. And since when was this herb about being in such a hurry, or instantly demanding anything at the lowest price. Chill out and take your time man! Enjoy your decision, I've found that owning just a few utter VAS busting vapes will save you lots of money and hassle for many years to come!
You won't have to spend your days waiting for the newest hot thing to launch, or for someone to knock on your door with more buys!
For a portable to out of the box, consistently, and accurately to the degree, effortlessly perform very even roasting with any amount and through water if needed, I'm with @darbarikanada and @Petetbay on a Mighty (or +), or I'd actually say any S&B portable with a water adapter from our very own @Delta3DStudios
Have fun deciding.

andrew`124c41+

In terms of medical safety or purity for inhalation, I think of vaporizers that have heat exchangers as part of their design, (even the clever aluminium ones inside S&B portables and desktops!) and those with encapsulated or otherwise isolated heating coils, as being at the very top of the safety league. This includes most modern PID based vapes and ball vapes including SSV43, the E-Elev8r, and Flowerpots. Not only because the actual heat source can be run at much lower, closer to actual vaporization temperatures (because interaction with air and with your material can be much more efficient and cleverly managed), but because it isolates a constantly replenishing source of air from the coil, avoiding oxidization and potential depletion of the heater coil which you would have inhaled all your air across.
And of course in case of a fault while you inhale, the results will be more manageable.
Pioneers like the SSV makers, S&B, Vapexhale, and nowadays Cannabis Hardware (Newvape), Herborizer and many others have strived for years to ultimately offer fully encapsulated heating coils and heat exchangers for this reason to allow a safe, pure tasting inhalation and I'm not too comfortable with someone thinking, without any explanation, that they have now cracked the magic metal/oxidization/surface area formula so that the dry, energised heater element coil develops all the correct, safe amounts and types of oxidization as you inhale across it, to prevent depletion of the at times glowing metal coil, be it a plain old Kanthal wire winding or any type of wound metal ribbon or mesh.
There may someday be a certain metal type/surface area of wound element heater properly proven to be safe for inhalation, and possibly to have a system for fault situations should the coil blow or overheat, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet.
Most instant, on demand convection only vapes, or a lot of what has been recommended to you here already, use a bare coil, a wound metal energised ribbon coil, or wire mesh heater element. I'm not against the idea of portable, on demand convection only, or instant on demand convection only, if it's what I feel to be very safely performed with encapsulated heating coils (Boundless Tera) or a neat little heat exchanger (Hopper and Hopper io), both actually requiring bong or water use, the latter also having CS/reliability issues.
Hope that narrows it down a bit for you!

If you want the most pure and extremely safe inhalations, look no further than the InVerzion vaporizer or something that has the heater coil similarly isolated from the air that you inhale, like all the big players have normally done.
I'm prepared to sacrifice a minute here or there for respiratory system safety. And since when was this herb about being in such a hurry, or instantly demanding anything at the lowest price. Chill out and take your time man! Enjoy your decision, I've found that owning just a few utter VAS busting vapes will save you lots of money and hassle for many years to come!
You won't have to spend your days waiting for the newest hot thing to launch, or for someone to knock on your door with more buys!
For a portable to out of the box, consistently, and accurately to the degree, effortlessly perform very even roasting with any amount and through water if needed, I'm with @darbarikanada and @Petetbay on a Mighty (or +), or I'd actually say any S&B portable with a water adapter from our very own @Delta3DStudios
Have fun deciding.
You are not a fan of the Tinymight?

andrew`124c41+,

blackstone

You are not a fan of the Tinymight?
Well, it's a bare coil vape, and it was never explained anywhere how it's better, or known to be safe, compared to any other bare, dry coil driven vaporizer. So, given my electrical knowledge and experience in heating applications, no, I would avoid if you are coming at this from a medical or safety standpoint.
Especially given the other options available everywhere.

blackstone,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Petetbay

I’ll throw another on the pile, MiniVap, don’t own, never tried, read lots, but many believe it to be the Grail. Expensive and hard to find. There is a thread on it, take a look, probably the vape with the highest % of satisfied customers. They like their MiniVaps.

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

as a medical user and micro doser let me give you a little advice. for many micro dosers the strength of the high is relative to the treatment of the condition eg me, I treat myself for depression and insomnia both require different effects. during the day I want milder effects so I vape skunk haze, it tops out at 5% thc 10% cbd and I tend to temp step my load. at night I need something stronger so I switch to regular weed, the weakest I have is 19% thc and going up to 28%, at night I'm much more inclined to take a strong hit or two at high temp than temp stepping. you seem like you are a medical user first and not a lifetime user looking to convert from smoking so things like getting big clouds or strong throat feel aren't relevant to you??? experiment with temps, different strengths of thc and cbd, how big of a hit you take, these are all variables that change the effects you will get.

the tinymight is a fantastic vape and my favourite but with my load size of .05 (both day and night) performance of vapes, at least those that can handle those small loads evens out quite a bit, even more so if you are temp stepping. with my basket screen hack for my V3 i'm able to have my preferred amount the same I would use in my tinymight and the differences between the two is not earth shaking. extraction is a bit faster with the tinymight so you can take smaller hits and it has more horse power for higher temps if you are after the heavier compounds like cbn. air flow is also a bit freer wit the tinymight and makes for a more comfortable hit.

I come from a smoking background both weed and tobacco so things like throat feel are relevant to me, I use to be a much more heavy user but have learned a lot since switching to vaping
Just curious. What is the hack with the V3? Are you using the Tinymight or the V3 more?

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Petetbay

The MaxV3 has gotten a lot of good reviews.

I didn’t see answer to this, so Healthy Rips Fury 2 capsules work in the V3Pro like they were made for it.

You’re probably wondering why everyone’s so helpful, peeps are stunned a Doctor would be here requesting help in the purchase of a vape. They are generally very helpful, but your profession usually frowns on smoking, vaping and the use of marijane, I think they’re starstruck I am. :bowdown:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is why I am asking. I don't know anything about who sells the Tinymight. I just see that a website exists and someone answered my email regarding the Tinymight.
The MaxV3 has gotten a lot of good reviews.

Yeah it's just the difference of being a large company like the X-Max or more of a one-man show like the TM, but the customer service is fine now and you may never need it, I certainly have not and I've had two TM for nearly two years now... I find dosing pods inefficient and more trouble than their worst, I hate loading and unloading them...

Yes, I saw this site. What is the problem with customer service?

Again, there is no problem, the only potential thing could be a language barrier, but as long as you use clear concise English in your emails there should not be any problems at all... It was only launched just over 2 years ago, in the beginning people were struggling with some customer service probably because it was a one man show launching a product, but now they are up and running smoothly...

his OGB tool is very nice and simple, also Delta 3D studios make some great ones...

Go Amazon.com and search Pax loading tool and you’ll get ton of tools for cheap, I think the pax tool is like $9

I would not recommend doing this, because it is not the same thing, the metal is a different quality and the quality of the cut is different, I bought that $9 one on Amazon, it's fine but it's uneven and meh not as good as the other options imo

Yep. Same tool looks like and free shipping;

See above, they are not the same really...

Well, it's a bare coil vape, and it was never explained anywhere how it's better, or known to be safe, compared to any other bare, dry coil driven vaporizer. So, given my electrical knowledge and experience in heating applications, no, I would avoid if you are coming at this from a medical or safety standpoint.
Especially given the other options available everywhere.

No, it is not a bare coil, it is steel ribbon in a spiral with ceramic pins holding it together, it is not at all just a coil heater... The heater does not glow, imo there's absolutely nothing unsafe about it in that way...

But yeah it sounds like OP wanted the digital temp control, So I wasn't pushing for the TM, although yeah I think it is very accurate and consistent with its more analog dial for a full range of temp control... I don't think digital temperature values are important at all, but they can be fun especially when you are new, but it's all relative to the specific device you are using anyway, typically.

andrew`124c41+

I’ll throw another on the pile, MiniVap, don’t own, never tried, read lots, but many believe it to be the Grail. Expensive and hard to find. There is a thread on it, take a look, probably the vape with the highest % of satisfied customers. They like their MiniVaps.

Kind of pricey and I am not sure I see the advantage. Takes 2 minutes to heat up.

I am going to have done fun and try and make a video of using a laser to vape. How about that?

andrew`124c41+

I didn’t see answer to this, so Healthy Rips Fury 2 capsules work in the V3Pro like they were made for it.

You’re probably wondering why everyone’s so helpful, peeps are stunned a Doctor would be here requesting help in the purchase of a vape. They are generally very helpful, but your profession usually frowns on smoking, vaping and the use of marijane, I think they’re starstruck I am. :bowdown:
That is hilarious. Lol. As I mentioned, the last time I indulged was with full combustion in 1969...at Woodstock to be prescise. So, a lot had transpired since then. I know quite a bit about various things but my goodness, not everything. I had an inbox for my patients to place articles they found it interest to bring to my attention. There is absolutely no way one person can keep up with medical knowledge, let alone everything else.

A friend of mine who is also a doc moved out to CO and among other things became involved in Cannabis treatment and education there.

I am also in the DC area where you have the NIH, NIDA...lots of docs are interested in the subject from a research and clinical perspective.

There is a renewed interest in psychedelic agents for a host of clinical issues such as depression. I think it will expload in the next few years.

Petetbay

I am going to have done fun and try and make a video of using a laser to vape. How about that?
There’s already a laser vape, you’re late to the party. Still wanna see the video though.

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

If you have the money mighty you can't go wrong even in 2021 it still the top dog and still getting compared to by other vapes.

Hits great through water smooth native.and accurate temp control oh ya almost forgot dosing capsules to micro dose.

6+years I'm using mine daily so you get what you pay for.

stonedmallone

If you have the money mighty you can't go wrong even in 2021 it still the top dog and still getting compared to by other vapes.

Hits great through water smooth native.and accurate temp control oh ya almost forgot dosing capsules to micro dose.

6+years I'm using mine daily so you get what you pay for.
I agree it's a really good vape still. I know it gets a lot of hate but I just think for its simplicity it will work for most people's situations. It was really my first vape, and the more and more vapes I got, I actually would gain more respect for the mighty just on how simple it is and how it just works. most vapes do one or two things extremely well, but there's always a few drawbacks that come along with it. The mighty not excel in any one thing per se, but what it does the best in imo is do everything pretty well.

jbm

I know it gets a lot of hate but I just think for its simplicity it will work for most people's situations.
I have an OG, but I don't use it that much. I don't like that it forces you into finishing a load at a sitting. Or at least it forces me; I'm not happy about the weed cooking in there when I'm not drawing. I get around this to a certain extent by half-packing caps so that I'm ok with finishing the smaller load at a go. Sometimes I'll turn it off, keep pulling till the vapor diminishes and dump out the cap. Plus my first one's screen croaked despite never having been exposed to direct sunlight after 7 months. Once in awhile it's what I really want, and then it's great. But I need to fuck around with it a good deal more than other vapes like the P80, the RBT vapes, or even the TM. I thought the Mighty+ was a disappointment.

andrew`124c41+

Just want to make a quick shout out to everyone who was kind and patient enough to give me advice about this.

I wound up pulling the trigger on the TM with the WPA as well as a rather funny looking gizmo he calls his 3d or is it 2d, cooling stem.

He has a black stained version for about 20 bucks more but I think it does not look as good as the natural one.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
My interest in temp control has to do with the neuromuscular problem I am trying to treat.....juggling the ratio of CBDs to THC and terpenes in the interest of seeing what if anything works for this particular indication. (Specifically, very severe cramps that are actually a form of tenany.)
Don't you mean tetany? If so I feel there should be consideration for your dexterity. From setting up the vape, to powering it on, loading it, using and cleaning the vape all need to be considered. Many of the recommendations you received are excellent vapes including the TM, I have two! The TM is my go to portable. For the TM, the button maybe difficult to hold, but then again you could switch it to session mode.

However, I cannot figure out what in your question resulted in my fellow FCers focusing on portable vapes? I've not posted here in a long time, so perhaps I'm rusty? You specially state you will be using the vape with a 14mm water piece which by nature is not very portable. Then there is the dexterity aspect of loading the bowl and setting the vape on the glass piece. My #1 vape is the Cannabis Hardware (Formerly NewVape) FlowerPot B1. The bowl is easy to load and clean. The other components aside from your glass piece seldom need cleaning. The temperature maybe set precisely albeit that is the temperature of the thermocouple in the coil, not that of the air hitting your cannabis. My only concern is the potential for burns from the head, the post it rests on and the bowl immediately after a long draw. If the FlowerPot still looks appealing (For me it's the Cadillac/Mercedes), definitely get a heat shield, a stand and a handle.

Top Bottom