Vaporizer Purchase Question

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just want to make a quick shout out to everyone who was kind and patient enough to give me advice about this.

I wound up pulling the trigger on the TM with the WPA as well as a rather funny looking gizmo he calls his 3d or is it 2d, cooling stem.

Nice! Pop over in that TM thread, it's kind of long and a mess, but there is a lot of great tips, like the corresponding chart for temperature dial, although you need to figure out how it goes for you since each one could be slightly different... Which WPA did you get? I recommend getting both really, I assume you got the multi one that it has a glass honeycomb screen, it's nice to also get the other one so you can put the screen wherever you want, but it's not 14 mm so you would need an adapter... Alternatively you can email alan@toasty-top.com to buy one of his 14 mm taper 16 mm tube stems that will fit the TM (I have some coming with my large heat island that he is building for me now since they also work with that vape) and he has basket screens too! I like the TM multi-stem, but only when I'm using chunky grind or whole nugs with the honeycomb screen...

Also yeah you mean the extra long stem with the spikes, that will have a rimmed basket screen with it, so you can load less, and it is kind of nice like an all-in-one J hook although it is quite tall so be mindful of that lol in general it's a good idea to get spare stems and screens and o-rings, glass parts, you can still add to your order btw

He has a black stained version for about 20 bucks more but I think it does not look as good as the natural one.

Yeah I agree I don't think it's worth it personally, oh be advised when you get the natural one, to clean all the metal parts, take it apart carefully, just the top ring and the tube below it, not the rest, but also the cooling unit inside the stem, so you can clean all that with iso alcohol and a qtip from any factory machining oils before your first use... During this time I also let the wood body air out, because there could be a slight smell from the finishing oil used, but it will break in over time regardless.

. However, I cannot figure out what in your question resulted in my fellow FCers focusing on portable vapes? I've not posted here in a long time, so perhaps I'm rusty? You specially state you will be using the vape with a 14mm water piece which by nature is not very portable. Then there is the dexterity aspect of loading the bowl and setting the vape on the glass piece. My #1 vape is the Cannabis Hardware (Formerly NewVape) FlowerPot B1. The bowl is easy to load and clean. The other components aside from your glass piece seldom need cleaning. The temperature maybe set precisely albeit that is the temperature of the thermocouple in the coil, not that of the air hitting your cannabis. My only concern is the potential for burns from the head, the post it rests on and the bowl immediately after a long draw. If the FlowerPot still looks appealing (For me it's the Cadillac/Mercedes), definitely get a heat shield, a stand and a handle.

Many of us did recommend different desktops to him, he seemed focused on getting the portable! :tup:

jabba

I am a semi retired physician with some of my own medical issues for which I am empirically trying various combinations of cannabinoids to alleviate.

I had to laugh when I first walked into a dispensary. The last time I had indulged was in 1969. Heck, the illegal stuff was cheaper!

Sorry for the digression. At this point, for what I am doing, vaping flower appears to be the safest, most. controllable dosing method.

The device I have now is a G Pen Dash. I have to admit it works fairly well. I have even been able to use an adapter to use it with a small bong/bubbler/diffuser to minimize throat and bronchial irritation.

This brings me to my question. I am looking for a better flower vaporizer that I can run through my glass (14 mm.)

I want the vaporizer to have prescise temperature adjustment. I am concerned that a lot of these may display temps that are not accurate.

I have been looking at the e-mini I think it is called....but I can't tell if you can dial in exact temps or is it just a dial. I have not been able to get a hold of their customer service which is a bad sign. It is also plugged in which is not my preference.

I have been looking at the Arizer Air 2 because there is a conversion tube....but I have read it is difficult to draw from through a bong.

So, any recommendations for a vaporizer meeting my requirements (if it exists) would be helpful.

I may have made a mistake in getting a simple, small bong...it may not filter enough. But, having the right vaporizer might help.

Also, I have experimented with both concentrates and vape cartridges. I can use both with water filtration but accurate dosing (at least for me is more difficult because I am looking for lower THC and higher CBD ratios.)
Have you looked at a dynavap? With an induction heater, a bubbler, and a bit of practice you may be quite surprised. The bubbler is not necessary for me and there are plenty of stems available providing quite cool vapor. A Microdoser's delight. I mix my flower with CBD flower and a single cap goes a long way for me. This device may not be ideal for on the on the go but if you plan to mostly use at home, as I suspect, few if any options really function better. You can easily learn proper dosing and consistently apply. As an added bonus, dynavap involves a bit of old school ritual to remind you of the 60's. Many really love the vap cap.

andrew`124c41+

Don't you mean tetany? If so I feel there should be consideration for your dexterity. From setting up the vape, to powering it on, loading it, using and cleaning the vape all need to be considered. Many of the recommendations you received are excellent vapes including the TM, I have two! The TM is my go to portable. For the TM, the button maybe difficult to hold, but then again you could switch it to session mode.

However, I cannot figure out what in your question resulted in my fellow FCers focusing on portable vapes? I've not posted here in a long time, so perhaps I'm rusty? You specially state you will be using the vape with a 14mm water piece which by nature is not very portable. Then there is the dexterity aspect of loading the bowl and setting the vape on the glass piece. My #1 vape is the Cannabis Hardware (Formerly NewVape) FlowerPot B1. The bowl is easy to load and clean. The other components aside from your glass piece seldom need cleaning. The temperature maybe set precisely albeit that is the temperature of the thermocouple in the coil, not that of the air hitting your cannabis. My only concern is the potential for burns from the head, the post it rests on and the bowl immediately after a long draw. If the FlowerPot still looks appealing (For me it's the Cadillac/Mercedes), definitely get a heat shield, a stand and a handle.
Appreciate your concern. I want a portable for a number of reasons. I need to be discreet for one and two, it is about function, not form. I don't have the tetany on a continuous basis. I still am able to solder small parts so I don't have a problem with dexterity. I keep my G Dash ready to go...it has been working for me so far. Just getting different strains and trying to mix up my own batch for what works.

andrew`124c41+

Have you looked at a dynavap? With an induction heater, a bubbler, and a bit of practice you may be quite surprised. The bubbler is not necessary for me and there are plenty of stems available providing quite cool vapor. A Microdoser's delight. I mix my flower with CBD flower and a single cap goes a long way for me. This device may not be ideal for on the on the go but if you plan to mostly use at home, as I suspect, few if any options really function better. You can easily learn proper dosing and consistently apply. As an added bonus, dynavap involves a bit of old school ritual to remind you of the 60's. Many really love the vap cap.
I thought about a Dynavap. Interesting technology. I understand an induction heater simplifies things. But, I have already had success with this silly little G Dash which actually works pretty well.

I have even used it with a makeshift adapter with my WP. I use a low or medium temp and am unable to even see the vapor/aerosol but I do feel the effects. So, the TM hopefully will work for me.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I thought about a Dynavap. Interesting technology. I understand an induction heater simplifies things. But, I have already had success with this silly little G Dash which actually works pretty well.

I have even used it with a makeshift adapter with my WP. I use a low or medium temp and am unable to even see the vapor/aerosol but I do feel the effects. So, the TM hopefully will work for me.
Vapcaps are efficient and durable and I agree induction heaters improve the ritual. That said, a conduction vape with no temp control of any kind doesn't sound like a good fit for your needs. It's true that they microdose well but so does the TM.

Three wrinkles I haven't mentioned yet about the TM:

1) The threads on the aluminum battery door are soft so baby that piece and take your time screwing it back on. It doesn't need to be tightened all the way either.

2) The TM turns on/off with a triple click but likes all three clicks to be close together. I think I read somewhere that it uses the gap between clicks 1 and 2 to determine how late is too late for the third click but I still find myself trying more than once to turn it on or off occasionally.

3) There are only a few reputable battery stores: Illumn, Liion-wholesale, and 18650batterystore are the ones we trust. The best high-drain 18650 value for the TM these days is the Molicel P26A

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
1) The threads on the aluminum battery door are soft so baby that piece and take your time screwing it back on. It doesn't need to be tightened all the way either.

I agree that being mindful while screwing down the cap is a good idea, but we should screw it down fully to prevent any rattling of the cell inside the device, for that could harm the battery contacts in the long run.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree that being mindful while screwing down the cap is a good idea, but we should screw it down fully to prevent any rattling of the cell inside the device, for that could harm the battery contacts in the long run.
Yeah nobody has ever recommended loose enough for the cell to rattle around but I'm not sure that's true about screwing it down tight. I've been stopping short of screwing my battery cap all the way (just a bit past when it buzzes) in part because the positive contact at the bottom of the TM can get pushed down over time. Haven't had that happen with my TM, just read about it several times here.

blackstone

My #1 vape is the Cannabis Hardware (Formerly NewVape) FlowerPot B1. The bowl is easy to load and clean. The other components aside from your glass piece seldom need cleaning. The temperature maybe set precisely albeit that is the temperature of the thermocouple in the coil, not that of the air hitting your cannabis. My only concern is the potential for burns from the head, the post it rests on and the bowl immediately after a long draw. If the FlowerPot still looks appealing (For me it's the Cadillac/Mercedes), definitely get a heat shield, a stand and a handle.

Now that you mention it, when I thought about the Flowerpot after, or other PID and cartridge heater based vapes and even some portables, the heater conductor itself is actually double isolated or insulated from the airpath, like in this drawing, only with another layer of the titanium FP body too which would not only offer ample protection during normal operation, but if it's resistance winding did rupture or burn rapidly, all we might hear is a little ping and we would just lose heat to the appliance.
main-qimg-906aebb789abccda7dbe2afb616c2039.gif

Also, while looking at pictures, and later microscopic photography, of various heaters I found this interesting 2020 article on inhalation across some types of heated metallic resistive windings. Thought it was worth a look.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...electron_microscopy_-energy-_dispersive_X-ray
I wish a peaceful and safe holiday season to all at FC.

Petetbay

I wound up pulling the trigger on the TM
I guess precise temp control requirement went out the window during your search, that’s ok, the Tinymighty :bowdown: is from what I’ve heard a very capable convection device. I hope it works out for you, I think it mighty.:lol:

Petetbay,
Reactions: Jill NYC

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@andrew`124c41+
Doc, welcome to FC, it appears you are getting great advice here! This is a unique and special place, as you are learning.
I think you will have much pleasure from TM (and I've never even tried one!), just understand that with any vape there is a learning curve, right down to the type of draw you use and length of draw, etc., just be patient if you are not blown away immediately... there's going to be some dialing-in of technique.

I also am a big fan this past year of the V3Pro, (on my recommendation an old friend recently used it to convert from combustion).

And so let me be the first (I think) to both warn and egg on a 'medical' condition we've all come to know as VAS (Vape Acquisition Syndrome). It is real, though it may not be in the journals...

For the price, the V3 is a no-brainer as an add to any vape 'arsenal'. There is a lot to be said for some variety of use-pattern in your life!

So there, I've said it, buy a second vape! :wave:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@andrew`124c41+
Doc, welcome to FC, it appears you are getting great advice here! This is a unique and special place, as you are learning.
I think you will have much pleasure from TM (and I've never even tried one!), just understand that with any vape there is a learning curve, right down to the type of draw you use and length of draw, etc., just be patient if you are not blown away immediately... there's going to be some dialing-in of technique.

I also am a big fan this past year of the V3Pro, (on my recommendation an old friend recently used it to convert from combustion).

And so let me be the first (I think) to both warn and egg on a 'medical' condition we've all come to know as VAS (Vape Acquisition Syndrome). It is real, though it may not be in the journals...

For the price, the V3 is a no-brainer as an add to any vape 'arsenal'. There is a lot to be said for some variety of use-pattern in your life!

Yeah, I suggested one of each too 😂 You should get a TM so you know what you're missing arsenal-wise. The more powerful heater is easy to love, although nothing beats the price of the V3 of course.

I finally got around to cleaning my j-hooks and tried more of a microdose by my standards (just enough to fill a domed screen in my Splinter stem wpa). It reminded me that the draw resistance of the Tinymight is not the same as the draw resistance of the quickly-clogging cooling unit. The punchier TM heater really shines with a small amount and an all glass vapor path.
PXL_20211222_203256883~2.jpg

florduh

The TinyMight is my favorite vaporizer. Extremely versatile, powerful, and easy to use. It's the first convection vape I've fallen in love with, mostly because there's no "technique" required. I can just hand it to a newbie and tell them to start huffing.

andrew`124c41+

@andrew`124c41+

I broke down and got the V3 as well as the TM...Use them in stereo :-)

andrew`124c41+

Vapcaps are efficient and durable and I agree induction heaters improve the ritual. That said, a conduction vape with no temp control of any kind doesn't sound like a good fit for your needs. It's true that they microdose well but so does the TM.

Three wrinkles I haven't mentioned yet about the TM:

2) The TM turns on/off with a triple click but likes all three clicks to be close together. I think I read somewhere that it uses the gap between clicks 1 and 2 to determine how late is too late for the third click but I still find myself trying more than once to turn it on or off occasionally.

3) There are only a few reputable battery stores: Illumn, Liion-wholesale, and 18650batterystore are the ones we trust. The best high-drain 18650 value for the TM these days is the Molicel P26A

Thanks. I saw a video about the threads...a problem using aluminum rather than stainless.

I have been using 18650s for years to power high powered lasers and have lots of high drain cells.

florduh

Also, while looking at pictures, and later microscopic photography, of various heaters I found this interesting 2020 article on inhalation across some types of heated metallic resistive windings. Thought it was worth a look.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...electron_microscopy_-energy-_dispersive_X-ray
I wish a peaceful and safe holiday season to all at FC.

Looking at the summary, this seems to be another "e-cigs are deadly if you use them in a way no e-cig user ever would" study. If something like the TM was reaching the dry fire temps they list (1,000C), it would probably burst into flames. It's made out of wood. At the very least, the coil would glow bright red. Which it never does.

Most people aren't even using their "wet" fire temperature of 300c. In the summary, I don't see exactly how much heavy metal was leeching vs dry firing. But, it's important to note that hot PG or VG can act as a solvent. It's totally possible that dry firing at reasonable temperatures is safer than having a liquid in contact with the metal directly.

I'm not totally discounting concerns. I just wish there were better designed studies on this type of stuff. It's really expensive, but testing the actual vapor output of these vaporizers under normal, sane operating conditions would be the way to go.

andrew`124c41+

Looking at the summary, this seems to be another "e-cigs are deadly if you use them in a way no e-cig user ever would" study. If something like the TM was reaching the dry fire temps they list (1,000C), it would probably burst into flames. It's made out of wood. At the very least, the coil would glow bright red. Which it never does.

Most people aren't even using their "wet" fire temperature of 300c. In the summary, I don't see exactly how much heavy metal was leeching vs dry firing. But, it's important to note that hot PG or VG can act as a solvent. It's totally possible that dry firing at reasonable temperatures is safer than having a liquid in contact with the metal directly.

I'm not totally discounting concerns. I just wish there were better designed studies on this type of stuff. It's really expensive, but testing the actual vapor output of these vaporizers under normal, sane operating conditions would be the way to go.
Long ago there was a study about DMSO causing lens refractory changes in rats. The FDA only approved it only for a serious, difficult to treat illness, interstitial cystitis.

The problem with the study was that the rats got dosages that no human would ever get!

I have even given DMSO off label without causing any harm!

Studies have to be read carefully and put in perspective.

Robert-in-YEG

If you are looking for a buzz, Flowermates work, but they come with a learning curve, and they are fussy.

If you don't want a buzz, anything convection based is an OK choice. Some like the XMax V3 Pro, but the XVape Fog is a better unit. Lots of people like the Tera, but for me it is the worst of the convection vapes. Having spent a bit of money in the past few weeks, I really wish it was possible to 'test drive' a vape before purchase.

If you need to stretch 1 gram over a long day, the Arizer Solo II would be my recommendation.

Robert-in-YEG

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."
~ Mark Twain

Robert-in-YEG

That is why I am asking. I don't know anything about who sells the Tinymight. I just see that a website exists and someone answered my email regarding the Tinymight.
The MaxV3 has gotten a lot of good reviews.

Are there dosing pods for it?
The Tinymight comes from Europe. Lots of good things said about the Tinymight, but I have not seen one firsthand.

Robert-in-YEG

"The very word “empowerment” gives me the heebie-jeebs, because it’s one of those words used by humorless , dead-earnest people who want to save the world. I don’t trust anyone who wants to save the world, unless they’re the people who want to save the world from the people who want to save the world."
- James Lileks

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

andrew`124c41+

The Tinymight comes from Europe. Lots of good things said about the Tinymight, but I have not seen one firsthand.

Robert-in-YEG

"The very word “empowerment” gives me the heebie-jeebs, because it’s one of those words used by humorless , dead-earnest people who want to save the world. I don’t trust anyone who wants to save the world, unless they’re the people who want to save the world from the people who want to save the world."
- James Lileks
I have had very good communications from the guy who makes the TM. Part of my reason for purchasing from him is because I like to support young inventors. My grandfather was Hugo Gernsback better know as the Father of Science Fiction for whom the Hugo Award was named. But, he was also an inventor albiet of some rather strange things.

Shit Snacks

I guess precise temp control requirement went out the window during your search, that’s ok, the Tinymighty :bowdown: is from what I’ve heard a very capable convection device. I hope it works out for you, I think it mighty.:lol:

The Tinymight actually has very precise temp control, it just uses an analog dial instead of digital... ;)

I broke down and got the V3 as well as the TM...Use them in stereo :-)

Haha that's awesome, so you can try pure convection on demand at the two different price ranges, analog style and digital style, perfect!

I have been using 18650s for years to power high powered lasers and have lots of high drain cells.

Just be advise you need to use non-protected cells, flat top no button top, Molicell P26A or P28A really are the best for the TM in my experience... I use LG HE4 in my xmax though (because the rapping on them is a little thinner and it is a tight fit in the V3pro)

If you are looking for a buzz, Flowermates work, but they come with a learning curve, and they are fussy.

I would not consider flower mates to have a learning curve, they are simple session conduction, pack the oven tight with a good grind and you're good to go, it is cooking for you and you were just puffing on it, I actually started the thread for the original flower mate shortly after I joined FC, was so excited to have discovered a new budget vape back then as China was only just figuring out how to avoid combustion! Now I would not go near one though lol

If you don't want a buzz, anything convection based is an OK choice. Some like the XMax V3 Pro, but the XVape Fog is a better unit. Lots of people like the Tera, but for me it is the worst of the convection vapes. Having spent a bit of money in the past few weeks, I really wish it was possible to 'test drive' a vape before purchase.

I would not say this if I were you, it just does not sound right at all to me, suggesting someone get convection to avoid a buzz??? The fog pro is a better unit for you, but there are just as many people that prefer the V3pro... I really wish you would spend more money on a nicer convection vape that has much more power than what you have experienced thus far... Coming from budget session conduction to budget session convection, it is really not the same, in that regard I think it makes sense that you feel like convection is weaker, you have not tried full powered convection yet!

Obviously it's all subjective and people do prefer conduction, I just find it hard to sit silently when I see bold claims like this made to be more objectively sounding lol sorry

If you need to stretch 1 gram over a long day, the Arizer Solo II would be my recommendation.

I think the solo is one of the least efficient really, because the effects are weak, and the bowl is so small, more conduction than convection, pretty slow extraction relatively... So in that way it can stretch a gram, but it would not leave me where I want to be at all?? Really the TM is much better at stretching a gram, you can make the bowl size whatever you want, and being able to use it on demand, you can take one hit and space out your next hit, and each hit, hit for hit, is going to be stronger as well... Not to mention better taste and maintaining the taste imo it is just a far more efficient extraction and use of herb to the point that there is almost no comparison :2c::peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

here's a tinymight temp chart but there is some discussion of how accurate it is since there is some variability vape to vape. or it might even be coil temp vs air tempView attachment 15505

Yeah this is great but it's really all relative, I rarely think of them this way, since I don't go above six but I feel like I get full deep extraction lol pure convection on demand even when regulated with temp control is still just a general guide, so many variables!

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

Everyone should remember that the BP of THC at standard pressure is unknown. The Wikipedia value is of no use since it is under near vacuum.

It probably degrades/denatures prior to boiling but rides on Terpines as an aerosol.

The temperature control is most helpful at least as I see it to keep the temp down to the minimum to get the job done.

Top Bottom