VaporGenie

Strom Thurmond

For those of you that are having trouble hitting the Vapor Genie, you need to remove the mouth piece. Just twist and pull off the mouth piece. The mouth piece really impedes the airflow and makes it a lot harder to control your hits. I had the mouth piece on for 2 weeks and I could not get the hang of using the piece. I would cache a bowl in one hit and end up with incredibly thick vapor or I wouldn't get anything at all.

Strom Thurmond,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Interesting...I've never tried it without the mouthpiece...will try it tonight, possibly.

stickstones,

eLiguL

*** Heads Up Alert ***

Their website seems to have a new model that isnt for sale, yet. From what I can tell its only a cosmetic change but it does look kinda cool. I think it is an exotic model because I cannot see a silver "neck" under the bowl. Also, the standard version now comes in walnut.

eLiguL,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
thats pretty awesome, i would really like to see them make a sherlock one too, that would probably sell very well and add functionality
i do like that exotic one with the flange-type thing by the bowl, and it also looks like theyre going to make tops out of the same woods as the exotics, if im not making an unwarranted assumption from that pic

im planning on getting a vaporgenie in the near future, im thinking of putting it on a bowl then see if i can find a sherlock bubbler that i can figure out something for, but for now id just use it as the regular pipe, i may do something into my mini bong because i just love that little thing
what im thinking right now is a glass on glass sherlock bubbler with that one vriptech gong to slide part http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...ore_Code=VR&Product_Code=TJS&Category_Code=RP , then use a cut metal downstem as a slide like spiral did in his vapor hookah (another thing i plan to do with it, i know were i can get a glass hookah like that)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
tbh i was a little iffy about vaping through rosewood anyway, i would have ordered the exotic anyway (dont like the smell), but i know a bit about teak, and its a nice wood
plus i love the little aesthetic frills :D

i have a question on lighters, more to spiral than anyone else, is the lateral flame really a big advantage? i cant seem to picture a natural feeling position with a lateral flame and the vaporgenie...

Acolyte of Zinglon,

eLiguL

stickstones said:
I don't get the lateral stuff.
I think hes talking about having a horizontal flame as opposed to the traditional vertical flame.

eLiguL,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I pulled my mouthpiece off and will never put it back on again.

First of all, I carry it in my pocket a lot, and having no mouthpiece means it is smaller and I no longer worry about breaking it when I sit down.

Secondly, When sitting up in bed and hitting it, the mouthpiece would direct the vapor to the same place on the roof of my mouth and make it uncomfortable.

Thirdly, I now have much more control, as Strom Thurmond noted. The extra control allows me to get the same number of hits as before, but they are a little thicker and I never burn it now. Every hit now tastes better and when I empty the bowl, it is a much lighter brown.

I highly recommend losing the mouthpiece.

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

eLiguL

stickstones said:
So I pulled my mouthpiece off and will never put it back on again.

First of all, I carry it in my pocket a lot, and having no mouthpiece means it is smaller and I no longer worry about breaking it when I sit down.

Secondly, When sitting up in bed and hitting it, the mouthpiece would direct the vapor to the same place on the roof of my mouth and make it uncomfortable.

Thirdly, I now have much more control, as Strom Thurmond noted. The extra control allows me to get the same number of hits as before, but they are a little thicker and I never burn it now. Every hit now tastes better and when I empty the bowl, it is a much lighter brown.

I highly recommend losing the mouthpiece.
I second that recommendation, I find I have more control without the mouth piece.

Also, I have tried the clear tubing on the end of the pipe mod. I find that it is a lot more difficult to see vapor coming out than you would assume. In short, the mod was useless for me because the vapor coming out wasnt easily noticable (maybe it was my lighting).

eLiguL,

Benny

can u guess?
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
tbh i was a little iffy about vaping through rosewood anyway...
I'm curious, why would you be concerned about using rosewood??

Benny,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Finally getting to properly road test my VG bong and the only change I have made is going to a smaller bowl. The new bowl is actually quite small ... approx 2.5 times the size of a PD bowl I'd say. I have to sit the VG filter on the bowl (no thread) so you gotta do it with a steady hand but shit it works well. I'm sure the smaller bowl contributes hugely ... and just like the PD this thing is very efficient! :brow:

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, vc...I hit that mod the other night and it was smooth as silk!

VG bowl on an ice bong = superlicious!

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
tbh i was a little iffy about vaping through rosewood anyway, i would have ordered the exotic anyway (dont like the smell), but i know a bit about teak, and its a nice wood
plus i love the little aesthetic frills :D

i have a question on lighters, more to spiral than anyone else, is the lateral flame really a big advantage? i cant seem to picture a natural feeling position with a lateral flame and the vaporgenie...
Hey, sorry I didn't see this later...

I've used all 4 kinds of lighters on mine; a zippo (I was drunk and bored), a bic, a 'torch', and the one with the horizontal flame I got with the VG. The latter is unequivocally the most comfortable, user friendly and effective.

It's hard to describe, and maybe I'll take a snap shot here in a second, but it just feels so much more natural. I can hold the pipe and the lighter almost 'parallel' and just inhale. I can also make it a 1 hand operation. ;) Yeah, I'll get a picture on how it looks compared to a bic later and you'll see for yourself. It's a lot easier to accidentally get the flame to burn/scorch/touch the ceramic element with a bic, wheras with the lateral flame it dips in perfectly.

SpiralArchitect,

vagman24

My Review:

First let me start this review with a review of the VaporGenie company itself.

I, like I am sure many of you, have been cutting down on spending. I was looking for a way to save bud, but I also needed portability. Naturally I turned to the VaporGenie because I heard so many great things.

I received $100 in credit to Amazon.com as a Christmas gift , and I occasionally see the VaporGenie listed on Amazon, but somebody was always purchased it before I could. It didn't make much sense for me to spend my "real" money on the VaporGenie when I had $100 at Amazon, so for a few weeks I was patiently waiting for Amazon to get another VaporGenie so I could hopefully snag it before somebody else did. I didn't have any luck though.

So I contacted the folks at VaporGenie in an act of desperation and I asked them if they would accept my Amazon credit as a way to purchase their product. Naturally I was almost positive that I would be declined because, well, I frankly would not want to take an online store credit as a method of payment either.

Well, very shortly after I e-mailed them I had a response. They understood my situation and they were very sympathetic. They actually accepted my Amazon credit as a method of payment!!!

NEVER have I ever been treated so well by a company. To accept Amazon store credit as a personal favor to me meant so much because I just couldn't spend the $55 on a pipe when I had other priorities to take care of.

Not only did they so graciously accept my method of payment, but they also shipped it to me in 3 DAYS!!!! :D

The VaporGenie

Build Quality

As you can see this VaporGenie is made of Ash and is very sturdy. It has a very rigid construction and I don't see how this could ever break. The threads where the filter screws on are also very thick and you probably couldn't strip it if you tried. It is very smooth and has a nice feel to it. The wood is good quality and this has a very classy look to it!

P1060493.jpg

Size and Portability

The VaporGenie is the perfect size. It fits the hand very comfortably, but it also can become compact enough to fit inside my little sunglass stash case! Portability is not an issue here. You can even load a bowl, put the VaporGenie in your pocket, and take it on the go! The only possible downside of this unit could also be considered an upside, and that is the issue of using butane as a heat source. I personally find this an upside because it allows me to take this ANYWHERE. You will go through butane rather quickly, but butane doesn't cost much money people. For now I am using a Zippo , which works well except for taste, until I find a nice refillable lighter that has a good sized flame.

P1060491a.jpg

P1060495.jpg

Vaporization

The VaporGenie does an EXCELLENT job at vaporizing for what it is. If used correctly you should get even vaporization, and if your not, you probably need to grind your herb more. I find that the VaporGenie bowl holds a perfect amount to get me sufficiently high.

Pre-Vaporization
P1060494.jpg

Post-Vaporization
P1060494a.jpg

As you can see, the herb has turned a very nice brown color and the color is spread evenly. Notice how the herb is not packed in.

As you can see, the mound of herb on the left is greater than that on the right. The mound on the left is the amount I pack in my regular glass piece, and the one on the right is the amount of herb that I pack in the VaporGenie. I would say that I still get a little higher using the VaporGenie than I do with my glass piece and I am using quite a bit less.
P1060499.jpg

Pros:
Perfect size
Easily concealable
Portable
Uses Lighter
Can be used indoors
Very classy design
Very sturdy design
Health Benefits
Can be carried in pocket with loaded bowl
Great vapor

Cons:
Learning curve
Hard to use with multiple people
Takes longer to vape than smoke
Uses lots of butane

As you can see the pros far outweigh the cons and this is a unit that ANYBODY can enjoy. I also own a HotBox, and while the VaporGenie will not replace it, it will serve very nicely as a travel vaporizer. I maybe only get to use my HotBox three times a week, so it's nice to be able to vape anywhere I go! For only $55 the VaporGenie is a STEAL, and I am sure that almost everybody could benefit from having one in their collection!

vagman24,

vagman24

stickstones said:
nice review, vagman...I notice you like yours without the mouthpiece as well.
Actually I do use it. It's all a matter of technique. I didn't use the mouthpiece the first couple of times but I have improved my technique and I use it now. I may take it off for the last rip just to insure I get everything, but generally I can get everything with the mouthpiece on.

vagman24,

Jericho99

I'm looking to buy a VaporGenie as my portable. It's main use will be as an away-from-home piece. It has just gotten too suspicious for my parents with a bookbag on friday/saturday nights with the VaporWarez packed in.

For portability and ease of use, would you guys recommend the Standard or Exotic? I want to be able to pack something in a small case with my lighter.

Furthermore, does anyone have any experience with the lighters the company sells?

Jericho99,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^

Some have said the exotic is a little easier to use due to its longer shape, your mileage may vary. The standard is more compact. Check the dimensions and decide.

Furthermore, does anyone have any experience with the lighters the company sells?
Not personally, but last I checked they looked like high quality lighters specific to the application for a fair price. I would definitely pick one (or 3) up if I was buying another VG.

1)Refillable: You go through a lot of butane using the VG so refillable is good, it also gives you the ability to refill with high quality clean butane like vector or colibri.
2)Piezo ignition eliminates potentially toxic flint dust and is just easier to use

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I have one of the Vectors from the VG site that has the horizontal flame, no complaints -- she works great! Much better than a mic because of the adjustable flame and ergonomics imo

SpiralArchitect,

mrshock486

nice review vagman. I've been leaning towards getting one of these as well.
are there any differences between the 3 models offered?

mrshock486,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Jericho, I would go with the standard...it's the one I have. It is shorter and maybe even stronger given it is thicker than the exotic. It really gets small when you remove the mouthpiece...I will never use it again!

stickstones,
Top Bottom