VaporGenie

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that is similar to what i have been doing, using my torch on the lowest setting before the flame turns into a candle.
And as far as the bat getting hot. I have noticed it only gets hot when there are multiple people hitting it in a circle. When I use it by myself it gets warm, but not hot enough that I couldn't handle any part of it. Now if there a few extra people, the bat will get so hot that even the mouth piece can't be touched.
I think with big groups of people the bat never gets a chance to cool down and just gathers heat. When I use it by myself there is normally a very large gap between hits as I recover from the last hit and gather my breath.

DevoTheStrange,

Rin101

Cool, thanks for the input guys, and that Blazer lighter definitely sounds awesome..the one I have is ONLY a torch, when I turn the fuel knob down it makes a smaller and smaller torch flame and then eventually won't light at all (no candle flame setting :( )

Rin101,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Heh, just bought 2 more VGs. One is for me, and the other is a guy who I just met and turned on to vaping. He LOOOOOVED the shit out of my SV, but his budget is screaming rolling papers. I told him Id pick him up a VG and teach him the ways :brow:

Damn, Ive gifted 2 VGs already and this will be my third. I might need to become a VG reseller on my local street corner :lol:

AGBeer,

Zippo024

hey guys, im current blazed off of my new setup with the bat! i took the rubber grommet off a glass bong i have, it fits perfectly around the mouth piece of the bat, which makes an airtight seal around my bubbler.

my bubbler:
Photo6.jpg

bat with rubber grommet on mouthpiece:
Photo7.jpg

close-up:
Photo8.jpg

set up:
Photo9.jpg

i tried this with my bong first, and while it worked well i felt it was too easy to burn, i managed to combust on every bowl out of the bong. With the bubbler, i can get a better sense of how hot its getting and more control :ko::ko::ko::ko::ko:

Zippo024,

Rin101

AGBeer said:
Damn, Ive gifted 2 VGs already and this will be my third. I might need to become a VG reseller on my local street corner lol
Haha keep spreading the love man

Chucku, that looks like a sweet lighter!

Awesome setup, Zippo, that is a really sweet bubbler too

Rin101,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
AGBeer said:
Heh, just bought 2 more VGs. One is for me, and the other is a guy who I just met and turned on to vaping. He LOOOOOVED the shit out of my SV, but his budget is screaming rolling papers. I told him Id pick him up a VG and teach him the ways :brow:

Damn, Ive gifted 2 VGs already and this will be my third. I might need to become a VG reseller on my local street corner :lol:
Big props on spreading the word of the vape!

Mr. Smoke No More,

Zippo024

Thanks rin! I was really excited and stoned when I figured out how to use it in my bubbler, I had to post it here!

I had been looking for something that I could hook the bat up to to extend the vapor path, cuz the hits directly from the bat were starting to irritate my throat. This completely eliminated the problem!

The only thing that sucks kind of is when I'm applying the flame, I can't even feel the vapor going down, and its hard to judge the temp of the hit making it easy to burn. But overall I like it cuz the hits are really smooth and bigger once you get the hang of using it like this. Plus my bubbler will collect wand hash now! :D

I highly recommend something like this set-up to anyone who's throat is bothered by the heat of the direct hits, I suppose you could even just use some whip tubing!

Zippo024,

momatik

Hey guys. I got the classic wooden model and I love it.

I was just curious because I enjoy the taste of shisha/hookah tobacco.

Has anyone ever tried mixing shisha/hookah tobacco with cannabis in a vapor genie?

momatik,

alevity

momatik the difficulty of mixing molasses with any other "herb" is the moisture differences, unless u have very wet buds, the molasses is going to vaporize at a lower temp and will burn at the temp the dry buds would vaporize. What i do to fix this is use a separate spice Muller to combine a small amount of molasses with my dry herbs and combine until it is a smooth consistency and the moisture of the molasses has been evenly spread :D

alevity,

Foster

Hi i bought a Vapor genie bat a few days ago.

I read the majority of this thread before trying, and I thought that i would be able to get it. I tried for about an hour experimenting with lighter, angles, position, etc. All i could do is get the metal hot, and did not get any vapor.

I know this is good herb. Its crystally and gets me blazed when i smoke it, so it has got to be my technique. Can anyone give me some tips? I could not find any videos on how to use the bat, or even people getting good hits.

Foster,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Foster said:

I read the majority of this thread before trying, and I thought that i would be able to get it. I tried for about an hour experimenting with lighter, angles, position, etc. All i could do is get the metal hot, and did not get any vapor.

I know this is good herb. Its crystally and gets me blazed when i smoke it, so it has got to be my technique. Can anyone give me some tips? I could not find any videos on how to use the bat, or even people getting good hits.
Do not use a torch lighter, gently draw the flame in the hole.

chucku,

overtone

Foster said:

Make sure to grind your herb & do NOT pack the bowl. You want to expose as much plant surface area as possible.

When you draw in the flame, try to go as slowly as possible & take note of how the air feels as it heats up against your tongue.

I've had a VG bat for a couple of months & it's totally my preferred delivery system these days.

overtone,

Foster

I tried again about 5 minutes ago, but it got really hot so i am letting it cool down as we speak.

I was thinking, could i possibly have but my herb in the wrong place?

If you hold your bat with the mouthpiece half in your right hand, i am putting my herb in the piece in my left hand (by the gray thing) and then closing it up.

could another thing be that my herb isnt ground finely enough? its in pretty small pieces, but not anything near dust or such

Foster,

vaporgenieman

hello all.

new vaporgenie user here. loving it so far.

i'd really like to try removing the mouthpiece, because i heard it can result in better control.

i can't seem to take it out though... is it true that it is designed so that it can be removed easily? becuase this thing is REALLY stuck in there if so.

i'm afraid if i try any harder i'll snap it, that's how hard ive tried to take it out

any special technique?

i have a classic if that helps

thanks

vaporgenieman,

MacRadish

vaporgenieman said:
hello all.

new vaporgenie user here. loving it so far.

i'd really like to try removing the mouthpiece, because i heard it can result in better control.

i can't seem to take it out though... is it true that it is designed so that it can be removed easily? becuase this thing is REALLY stuck in there if so.

i'm afraid if i try any harder i'll snap it, that's how hard ive tried to take it out

any special technique?

i have a classic if that helps

thanks
Twisting is how I got all mine out. If it snaps off, no worries, a certain sized wood screw can back it out.

MacRadish,

SkollIstKrieg

I remember when i got mine at a local headshop, they had two in stock. I thoroughly checked them and noticed one had the mouth piece stuck, and i mean STUCK. While the other came right out with no problem. I asked the guy behind the counter and he couldnt get it out either so I bought the one with the removable mouthpiece.

Hopefully if yours breaks, the woodscrew will cleanly get it out. I haven't seen someone do this but I have heard all about it.

SkollIstKrieg,

vaporgenieman

i finally got it out, but scratched it up pretty bad.

it still works fine but its kind of ugly now... i'm not sure i'm enjoying how hot my lips get without the mouthpiece though..

i'm thinking of buying some tubing to act as a whip, can something like this be bought in stores? I'm thinking home depot or something...

vaporgenieman,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Man, I must say I gotta disagree with those saying NOT to use a torch for their VGs. I just picked up a micro torch the other day at a gas station and it has made me fall in love with my VG all over again!

After having my original VG I got the lighter tek down, went to the elec ignit lighter(s), back to the bic (due to convenience factors) and now I have settled on my mini torch. For me, the mini torch would have been a much easier learning curve as its a (wee) bit easier to control the heating of the VG.

And yes, I had to use a wood screw to get the remainder of the mouthpiece out as well. (This is my 3rd one mind you) :) I just seem to keep wanting to share the gift of vaping :cool:

AGBeer,

chucku

Charles Urbane
AGBeer said:
Man, I must say I gotta disagree with those saying NOT to use a torch for their VGs. I just picked up a micro torch the other day at a gas station and it has made me fall in love with my VG all over again!

After having my original VG I got the lighter tek down, went to the elec ignit lighter(s), back to the bic (due to convenience factors) and now I have settled on my mini torch. For me, the mini torch would have been a much easier learning curve as its a (wee) bit easier to control the heating of the VG.

And yes, I had to use a wood screw to get the remainder of the mouthpiece out as well. (This is my 3rd one mind you) :) I just seem to keep wanting to share the gift of vaping :cool:
But a torch will NOT work with the bat.

chucku,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
chucku said:
AGBeer said:

But a torch will NOT work with the bat.
I've no problem using a torch with my bat... it all boils down to how hold the flame... holding it so it isnt perpendicular to the hole, but rather shooting across it, and suck the heat right off of it. I use a torch with my bat while I am at work so I don't waste the fuel in my lighters so they will be full for when I go out. (although I do burn through butane in my torch, but I don't use a torch out and about so its ok)
The torch does heat the body up faster than a lighter... but it takes a few hits to even get there, and by that time I am already done with the bowl so it isn't much an issue to me, now if I were sharing with a friend that thing would get too hot to hold very quickly. When I use it by myself the time it takes me holding in my hit is enough for the body temp to drop a bit. I also tend to close my hand around the pipe while holding in my hit to suck some of the heat out of the body so it does not get as hot as it could potentially get.

So i would not say that a torch does not work with the bat, just another learning curve, different technique than using a candle flame lighter

DevoTheStrange,

Rin101

Foster said:
I tried again about 5 minutes ago, but it got really hot so i am letting it cool down as we speak.

If you hold your bat with the mouthpiece half in your right hand, i am putting my herb in the piece in my left hand (by the gray thing) and then closing it up.

could another thing be that my herb isnt ground finely enough? its in pretty small pieces, but not anything near dust or such
Yes, you are putting the herb in the wrong end; you should loosely pack the herb into the mouthpiece half of the pipe so it sits on the screen, it shouldn't touch the gray ceramic filter.

It is possible that it isn't ground up enough, but you really don't need it to be very fine to get vapor, but it is said to be more efficient when ground up very finely.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with your aluminum VG, I wish I could help but I don't own one myself and my best advice is to just keep at it until you get the hang of it. I had trouble with my wooden VG for the first couple weeks as well but now I am a pro :)

Good luck

Rin101,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Foster said:

herb goes into the end with the mouth piece.. if you are not getting any vapor... you may be drawing on it too fast and hard. Try to draw slowly.
just bring the tip of the flame barely into the hole.... keep your draw speed consistent. You should actually feel a slight resistance once the vapor starts, its only slight, but if your paying attention you will notice it. once you notice it, hit it for a second or two with the flame, remove flame while you keep on hitting it, and keep inhaling until your lungs are full. hopefully you will get a hit that way.

DevoTheStrange,

djonkoman

so I'm new here, and in posession of a vaporgenie
I got the darkest woodsort of the handcarved model, now got it around 2 months(got it for my birthday since then I was finally allowed to smoke/vape/whatever weed, but it arrived a week early, I thought it would be safe to get some extra time since it's international shipping but it was here only a little after the minimum time mentioned on the vaporgenie site)
and I've learned a lot
the first try I didn't get any visible vapor, but I did taste it and I got highlater I got thin blue vapor, sometimes nothing and sometimes combustion
later the part vapor increased, and then my lighter broke down(first the piezothingy, then it began leaking gas), and I had a torchlighter laying around(wich I only tried 2 times, no big succes because my deptperception isn't what you call perfect so I burned some of the wood next to the hole)
but now I tried it again, and it worked wonders
but I do wonder: what's better, the thinner blue vapor, or the big clouds of white vapor(wich are sometimes harsh on your throat especially if kept in longer and released slowly, first time I had this vapor I thought I had combustion but when I screwede it open the herb was still lightgreen)
now with the torch lighter I have this white vapor more often
I can usualy get 3-4(but more is no exception) big hits out of it and then it's yellow and I can only get a few small thin hits out of it till it turns gold/brown an I throw it out(I use the vaped bud to make cammachocolatemilk from)

my technique as it is now:
herb grinded nice fine, but when scooped together still airy, most important is that it's evenly ground
then pack it very loosely just a little below the top
I removed the mouthpiece, I once got the idea to try it without and never went back, combustian decreased a lot with that step(and even more later with the switch to torch, combustion is hard now and only happens sometimes when I try to get more hits out of it then I should and I'm heating it too much to get some out of it)
I point the torch on the hole or I gold it diagonally into it(only the metal on top gets a lot hotter from that)
if I pint at the hole I have the torch on the lowest setting possible without going out, and get the outer lightblue area of the flame partly into the hole but keep the inner demseblue flame a bit above the hole(this is the hard part outdoor, since outdoor only the inner flame is a little bit visible, but I mostly use it in the evening/at night with only my laptopscreen as lighting, or just in the day in my room wichhas the window on the north, and the only tme of the day when it's really bright here, I'm still sleeping

then take a hit, and clear my tong from the way, since the one combustion I had on a 2nd hit of a bowl with the torch was when my tong was in the way so I didn't feel the temp with my throat
then I hit till I feel it getting warmer and I start moving the flame(if I keep it at one point it gets too hot)while at the same time inhaling faster, then I cut the flame and 'clear' the genie, sometimes I don't have enough air left to clear and then also take in some air
then I wait a bit and exhale slowly so the vapor slowly bubles up from my mouth over my face in small smokebubles/clouds(I do this because I read coughing makes you stoneder, but slowly exhaling works too, and I kind of like how it slowly escapes my mouth, especially with really big hits, there just seems to come no end to it

I also tried ghosting it but found out that that's not so easy to do with vapor if it's even possible(except blowing out part of the vapor but stop midstream and start inhaling air again, but by just waiting I not succeeded at ghosting those few tries)

this can be a bit uncoherent, cleaned out my vaporgenie yesterday since I got stuff in my mouth, and smoked about 1/8 gram of the resin about 1,5 hours ago, got superhigh and still feeling some minor effect from it(mostly endless talking and a rumbling stomach)

djonkoman,
Top Bottom