VaporGenie

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Ya even when i suspected soot in my VG. I just gave it the boiling water wash through the filter. It worked better once i dried it completely and used it again. so i would suggest try that before getting a new top.

audiodelic,

appa juice

RalphKNS said:
Hi, I'm new here

I have a Vapor Genie and I've been using it on and off for about 5 months now, always with an electronic butane lighter (usually NULITEs)

I'm concerned I've been using it incorrectly though, because I suck about 1/3rd of the flame into the hole. It doesn't LOOK like it's touching the flame filter, but I'm not quite sure.

Looking at my filter, I really can't tell if it has soot or not. It's all a uniform color and I can see the "netting", so it isn't pitch black, but it's darker than the picture on the VG web site here: http://www.vaporgenie.com/Usage/

The underside of the filter, just above the 'tobacco' compartment is even darker than the top, somehow.

My VG still works, and it isn't like it's completely clogged. Buying a vaccuum and a torch lighter to clean the flame filter would be more expensive than it's worth to me, so I would just buy a new top...

In a nutshell:

My VG flame filter is darker than in the "good" picture in the web site, but not as dark as the "bad" picture. It is all one color, very dark grey, and I can see the netting. I can still inhale through it and still get hits.

Do I need to replace it though, because honestly I can't tell if it has soot or not. :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

When some people tried to use my VG as a bowl by packing weed in the top and smoking it like a bowl, I did the vacuum cleaner method and it worked the best, much better than boiling water. I did about 3 pots of boiling water and all it did was warp the wood. If you can buy a few (3 or so) butane lighters from your local 7-11 and stick the top of the VG on the end of a vacuum cleaner, you can blast the soot out. More details are on www.vaporgenie.com

Good luck.

appa juice,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Deadhead101 said:
i have an aluminum vg and really like it. im thinkin about gettin a glass one too. anyone have experience with both and know if it's worth the extra $99? BTW also considering getting a vaporstar. any thoughts? i already have portability covered with the avg so thats not really a concern

Ash said:
I don't see the point of the VS if you already have a VG. It does work, but I consider it strictly an entry-level or backup piece. If you're starting a collection I'd recommend saving up and getting a real home unit to complement the portable you already have.
:2c:

Woah there. The destroyer-of-souls that can, with proper use, be the vaporstar shouldn't be counted out of hand as generally being an entry level piece, if that is what you were implying.

Though butane vapes fit into the category of portable, they achieve the purpose at hand as well as and in many scenarios better than home units I've used. It's all about purpose; deadhead, if your looking for a nice vape-bong bowl, the vaporstar and Clear Domes new glass unit are perfect examples of flick-your-bic bongs that also happen to be tear-tastic vapes. I imagine I would prefer the vaporstar as I enjoy the thermal momentum that stainless has over glass, but either unit would be a choice combo to a nice glass piece.

The vaporstar is a great example of a specialized vape, one specific to bong like use; that said, it's not what people have coined a "daily driver" unless you prefer bongs exclusively. I prefer pipes more than any other style of piece, and my vapor-genie is still my preferred method of getting baked.

Gonna go smoke more out of said genie, but that all into consideration...:ko:...

Seriously though, I can't even believe how blasted I just got with this pipe...

sneezyjesus,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I got the Bat on Friday for $55 at a local shop, and have used it 3 times since then. I am starting to have a little buyers remorse. I only say this because I feel it is not effective as it suppose to be, and I am using stuff i got at a local medical shop. It turns a proper dark brown at the end as users have said it should be, but I am not seeing enough clouds of vapor(the cloud is pretty small/low) as I was expecting or have seen in the videos. I can feel the heat and stuff, and it gets me good. But, I can't help get the feeling it is being not being as effective as a vape should be?

This now brings other reason why I am double guessing. I was browsing the site I noticed the magic flight, which it seem can be had for 90 buck for the whole kit on amazon. And from what I have seen you can actually see the vapor. I am silly to think about selling my newly bought Bat for a Magic flight(or something similar at the same price?)

lesvape,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Keep it. Remember there is a learning curve. The aluminum bat requires more heat than a wooden VG. This can be a good thing-more control. Be sure to......

Grind your herb finely.

Load loosely, do not pack or overfill.

Use a candle flame lighter adjusted to about 1" flame height.

Draw slowly. The slower the draw higher the temps. Faster draw, cooler temps.

With practice it will fuck you up and will wonder how you got alomg without it.

chucku,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Yeah that what I have been doing. I put it on the side, and slowly inhale air per this thread. I guess I will try to load it looser or something and see how that turns out. And I never overfilled as I only used about little in there, like .07. Maybe it is the standard bic lighter I am using that not working for me. Thanks.

lesvape,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if there is one thing I noticed about the aluminum bat vs the original wooden ones.... when getting a hit off of the bat, it is much harsher than it would be off of the normal VG. Most people I know who have tried it are stopped by how harsh the hit feels and usually stop hitting it the moment the vapor starts. This usually leads them to think that the bat does not work and that they didnt get a hit.
And the thing is they are right, they didnt get a hit because they stopped before the vapor even started.
The vapor path in the vat is much shorter than the other VG models... only a few inches (around 2 inches) compared to the 4 inch length on the other VGs. Much shorter path means less time for the VGBat to cool.
Also the vapor path in the bat retains hit, which will only add more harshness to the hit if the heat is not allowed to dissipate.
I like using my VG Bat, however I do have to admit, the hits are mighty harsh regardless of the draw speed. And I can see this harshness stopping people from getting a full hit if they are not used to how heat laden these hits are.
If you keep hitting it and stopping the moment the vapor starts again and again, sure the ABV is going to come out brown eventually... but that does not mean you are getting the hits you want. Not only is there a learning curve to the VG bat, but there is also the physical aspect of the hits compared to other vapes that can be bit of a hurdle.

DevoTheStrange,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I guess I have to practice more with other soft plants, like tea, before I go try it again with the good greens so I don't waste it.

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, last night I had one good session with the Bat and wow. However, my lovely lady friend didn't really like it, and proceeded to use my combustion piece.

lesvape,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
lesvape said:
So, last night I had one good session with the Bat and wow. However, my lovely lady friend didn't really like it, and proceeded to use my combustion piece.
You hit the bat and super her the vapor. Basically take a vape hit transfer vapor into her mouth while lip kissing.

audiodelic,

Foster

gb902 said:
@DevoTheStrange
I don't use Bics anymore, since I heard the danger of the flint dust. I use normal piezo-electric lighters (not rechargeable), and yes, unfortunately their flame shrinks too quick with constant use. And since I vaporize very small quantities, I spend more for the lighters than the herb :lol: (1.60 each).
However, I usually don't let the flame enter the hole, because of the soot but the next time I will follow your tips for sure;).
P.S. If you pay attention to a normal Bic flame, you should see some sparks even after the first seconds. Mostly on used Bics, because the flint dust deposits anywhere on the top of the lighter, and when you keep the flame for a certain period of time, this dust will burn releasing sparks and fumes.

To get around this problem, and save gas, i just have a candle lit whenever i vaporize. So i just press the gas when the lighter is by the candle, and it ignites with no flint dust being produced.

Foster,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that is actually a great idea. I have all kinds of candles just laying around the house I never use.

DevoTheStrange,

danalee48

Foster said:
To get around this problem, and save gas, i just have a candle lit whenever i vaporize. So i just press the gas when the lighter is by the candle, and it ignites with no flint dust being produced.

Haha, I actually used to use that trick! Not so much for the risk of flint dust but more so because I wanted to used my genie in my room at night without my mother (who just so happens to have ears like a hawk) hearing me flick my lighter! I guess it's a good trick for a multitude of reasons! lol

danalee48,

danalee48

caseball2051 said:
can you use beeline or another hempwick product with the VG?
I love to use hempwick with my genie! It makes the flavour of the vape even better, and it helps save money on butane :D

danalee48,

danalee48

lesvape said:
How do you use hempwick with the bat model?

I have never used the aluminum bat model, but is it not supposed to work the same as a classic model except you hold the bowl opening on the side? Because I find I can use hempwick for anything I can use a lighter for!

danalee48,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the flame produced by the hempwick is a bit small to use with the VG bat... one of its downsides. It does not like small flames, takes more effort to use.

DevoTheStrange,

danalee48

Good to know! I heard that the bat takes a bit more heat than the classic, but I didn't know how literally to take that fact. lol

danalee48,

stinkmeaner

danalee48 said:
Foster said:

Haha, I actually used to use that trick! Not so much for the risk of flint dust but more so because I wanted to used my genie in my room at night without my mother (who just so happens to have ears like a hawk) hearing me flick my lighter! I guess it's a good trick for a multitude of reasons! lol

Ha, the old 'Candle Trick' I went through many o' candle this way, in fact my family probably thought I was switching my team to the "Gays" when I started buying scented candles.

stinkmeaner,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
danalee48 said:
Good to know! I heard that the bat takes a bit more heat than the classic, but I didn't know how literally to take that fact. lol
I got the bat because I read it was a bit easier to use and it uses less heat because of the material.

lesvape,

caseball2051

how much material do you need to load in the bowl to be successful?

I do not have a situation where I can cook with my ABV so I usually take my ABV from my MZ and use it in my LB, then use it in my bong. to get 100% out of it.

Would ABV after being used in my LB be successful in a VG? I hate cleaning my bong out frequently because the combustion tastes fucks up my vaporbonging tastes with my MZ.

caseball2051,

max

Out to lunch
how much material do you need to load in the bowl to be successful?
With any vape, all you need is enough to absorb the heat and release your compounds. If you use a very small amount you just have rely on feeling the high, rather than feeling the hit.

Would ABV after being used in my LB be successful in a VG?
Yeah, unless your LB has cooked all the goodies out of it. ABV from a fixed temp vape is going to consistently revape well at a higher temp. With the LB, it's a matter of how well done your ABV is. A very dark colored ABV isn't going to have nearly as much left for revaping.

max,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Anyone with the bat model notice/feel that their ceramic plate has move a bit back a bit? If so how can I prop it back to its original spot(or close to it)?

Edit: I was able to get it close to its og position(based on the etched like line on the inside) but the plate seems like it could be a bit loose. It not loose really when shaking it or stuff but when I try to blow out on it to clear the crumbs of abv that are stuck there, which then from the lighter hole(not sure what you call it) I would have blow there(again fairly hard) to prop it back to its og spot. Is this normal?

lesvape,
Top Bottom