VaporGenie

OF

Haha thanks OF! My friend Murphy is always pretty close-by, so I was also going to have my Thermovape with Omicron carts along for the ride as well (thanks to your helpful answers in another thread).

Is the SS easy to clean? I see the site says the filter isn't removable, does this mean I won't be able to soak the entire device in ISO for cleaning? I see some people complain of heat issues holding the glass bat, should I be worried about this with the SS bat as well?

Sorry I missed your post until now. You're welcome, of course.

Smart move to have backups.....Murphy insurance in a way?

Yes, you can soak the lot in ISO. I don't see why you couldn't boil it as well? You'll probably need to bake the heat exchanger carefully, you don't want ISO there with fire....even if you like the idea of hitting ISO (which is a bad plan IMO.....). The Aluminum bat (being a good heat conductor) gets hot fast, SS doesn't seem to have this for most single users. Passing it around is going to be a heat issue sooner or later.....with any luck at all by then you'll be too loaded to notice or care?

Good luck, get a good lighter....

OF

OF,

OF

i got my vapor genie and i got the hang of it after a few hits. this thing is awesome

Ain't it just? Don't be too shy about pushing it a bit to find the limits, they can be higher than you think and some useful stuff comes off just before combustion....which you'll soon learn to sense coming on and avoid.

Also keep an eye on soot buildup. If your lighter is clean it's not usually a problem, but with Bics and the like it can plug the works in the heat exchanger.

Enjoy it, it's a treat to own and use for sure. IMO maybe the ideal 'first vape'?

OF

OF,
Reactions: AGBeer
Who else here uses their vaporgenie to vape hash oil?

scaled.php
that is so sick bro hahah im bout to buy tha alluminum bat i think

XxFaCeBluNTxX,

OF

that is so sick bro hahah im bout to buy tha alluminum bat i think

I'm not so sure it's a good idea. SiC isn't that good a conductor of heat (one of the reasons it's so good at this function). Once it gets oil spread through it it might get harder and harder to get it hot enough to vape at the bottom without burns at the top?

It's plenty tough, though, so you should be able to flame it reasonably clean again?

If you want to experiment, perhaps the coil is a better choice? Cheaper, easier to replace the element and you can actually get to the element to load it with oil (might be an advantage....). Looking at the two, the coil definitely has the access advantage.

OF

OF,

SD_haze

Just a FYI, the ceramic elements cost about $10 to get a replacement from vaporgenie (last I asked)

SD_haze,
Soooooo I ordered an aluminum VG bottom (the one thats on sale) and a VG coil. I received the correct aluminum VG bottom but instead of a SS coil I was sent a SS bat. VaporGenie, could you send me the coil I ordered too?? Pleaase???

ps I got a bunch of Cool Jarz as well, if you haven't used those yet you're trippin! They're amazing for the price!

SD_haze

Soooooo I ordered an aluminum VG bottom (the one thats on sale) and a VG coil. I received the correct aluminum VG bottom but instead of a SS coil I was sent a SS bat. VaporGenie, could you send me the coil I ordered too?? Pleaase???

ps I got a bunch of Cool Jarz as well, if you haven't used those yet you're trippin! They're amazing for the price!
I'd contact vaporgenie directly, they haven't posted in this thread for a pretty long time.

Then again, the SS bat is $30 more expensive than the coil =P
[but if you were set on vapor-bonging the bat cant really do that very well]

SD_haze,
Reactions: OF

ThCombustion

Hi guys, I recently ordered a glass sherlock. This is not a post for praise though. I'm am here, in short, to call them liars. I know many may not like this. I don't care. It's true.

This is what it said in the confirmation letter I received: ""Please do not contact us to ask why USPS is reporting that your order hasn't shipped yet. If you received this message, then your shipment was hand delivered by VaporGenie to the main USPS terminal (zipcode 24073) on 06/28/2012"

I still have this but I don't know how to post am image to the board but will if told how. Today, on the 3rd, I thought I'd check the tracking number to see if it said anything. It says they just today gave the package to the post office. I'd also post this if I knew how to post an image to the board. To make all of this worse I paid for priority shipping. Based on the emails claims I made plans to be around the shipping address for several days to receive it. I have now wasted my time because now it's expected shipping date is at a time I will have to wait several more days to receive it, and will not be able to get it when it arrives.

The VaporGenie company lied to me. They are not honest. Don't get priority cause it's a waste. I paid $130.00 for the Genie with accessories and this is the kind of service I get? Ridiculous. Again will provide printscreen images of the email and tracking info if anyone tells me how.

ThC

ThCombustion,

max

Out to lunch
ThCombustion said:
The VaporGenie company lied to me. They are not honest.
Whatever the problem was with your shipment, calling the company dishonest because of it is going overboard. Apparently you're fairly new to vaporizing. Otherwise you'd know that VaporGenie has been around for many years. If dishonestly was a real issue with them, we'd know it by now.

I'd also suggest that you review our rules- http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/ , especially the ones under the Be Nice section. You're clearly over the line with your post. It's acceptable to complain about your shipping issue, but not acceptable to label the company as dishonest. I'd suggest contacting them about your complaint. Posting about it here won't do you any good, and if you persist in trying to label them as liars you'll just earn yourself an infraction.

max,
Reactions: dequelo

djonkoman

I think you should never rely that much on precise expected shipping times. I don't know where you live and if and where from you receive packages, but I sometimes order stuff from abroad, fasr more often than from the netherlands(where I live), and I have learned that shipping times can vary a lot. expected shipping time from the US are usually 7-10 days for me, but I've had packages arriving from there in only 5 days, but also packages that took 2 weeks(if you have tracking, wich I have frequently not, you can see that if there is a huge delay it's most likely in storage at customs waiting to get checked)

djonkoman,

Dillon

I have a qustion about the classic vapor genie will I get wand hash from it when i clean it like a wand for a box vaporizer?

Dillon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have a qustion about the classic vapor genie will I get wand hash from it when i clean it like a wand for a box vaporizer?

The answer to this question is yes and no... Yes, wandhash will accumulate in the body of the pipe (and you will collect a nice little pile of 'remnants' under the screen) but you will have to be uber careful scraping it as it will also soak into the wood a little.

That is if you aren't using the classic aluminum one ;)

AGBeer,

Dillon

Oh cool would the pipe cleaners that vapor genie gives out work good to scrape it without damaging the vapor genie?

Dillon,

djonkoman

those pipecleaners work really well.

the 'wandhash' I get from my vg is a lot different from that from my UD. with the vaporgenie it's mostly under the screen. probably mixed with stuff that falls trough the screen, since what I ger out my vg is more dry/powdery, with some effort it can be pushed into a piece but also easily crumbles again. while with my UD it's very sticky.
the first time I cleaned my VG it was more sticky tough. and I think mine might be extra-polluted since I've used my VG for hash a lot, and the dry powdery residue/abv from that easily falls trough the screen. but also before I used it for hash it already was more dry and powdery

djonkoman,

AdmiralAlpacha

I'm thinking about getting a vapor genie coil, would you guys recommend it? Or something else? Just for travel use, no vapor bonging or anything

AdmiralAlpacha,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Agreed - VG coil is great for travel cleaning. What an awesome investment it is.

Vapinghole,

AdmiralAlpacha

I don't do much flying, mostly for just enjoying herb in places without electricity such as the woods, car rides, or maybe just to join my friends smoking bowls outside. Think it would suit me?

AdmiralAlpacha,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't do much flying, mostly for just enjoying herb in places without electricity such as the woods, car rides, or maybe just to join my friends smoking bowls outside. Think it would suit me?
AA, if you do not want to use it with water toys, I'd go with the classic VG or the VG bat. I find the coil difficult to use by itself, but I love using it through my bubbler.

:peace:

Stu,

OF

AA, if you do not want to use it with water toys, I'd go with the classic VG or the VG bat. I find the coil difficult to use by itself, but I love using it through my bubbler.

Listen to the man, Stu is wise.

Using the coil 'barefoot' can be done, but it's awkward (and you're probably looking to enjoy the experience, not fight the gear?). To me it seems like 'something is missing'. Like a body and mouthpiece. And if you have a 'stash like some of us, you DON'T want the coil grabbing one hair on the 'dismount'....trust me on this detail.

Another issue some have is pointing the lighter at you nose from a few inches out. Not always comforting when you're loaded. Or bouncing along in a car. It's also a bit more 'out of the ordinary' in public, not too many guys doing it, you might get an unwelcome audience? Other models pass off easier.

Stu is not just another pretty face.....although I understand how folks could think that possible. I'd follow his suggestion. Also thing seriously about getting a torch lighter to fire it with.

OF

OF,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

I reiterate what was said. For stealth purposes also, i think the handcarved provides the most natural "wood pipe" look, especially the ones with less "spirals and waves".

I have the Smooth Handcarved Teak, between that and the Straight, i think you will be fine.

The coil or the metal bat win in the "clean all residue" department, as well as the glass. But the glass, well.. its glass.

vorrange,

djonkoman

I can testify to stealthness. I have the handcarved(don't know wich, but the filterpart is twisted and the body smooth), and once when I just got it I was using it while sitting on a terrace in the middle of the city with friends(at a coffeeplace, in the middle of summer, better weather as this summer), actually that didn't work well since there was a lot of wind and I was still on the learning curve, but back to the point. an older lady at a table next to us spoke to me when she saw me using it, and said to me that she liked seeing me smoking a pipe since you don't see that much anymore nowadays.

AdmiralAlpacha

Thanks for all the quick responses guys!

Now I have to decide between the bat or the classic, I am leaning towards the bat since I don't care about stealth much and it sounds easier to clean.

Any negatives you guys have with the bat?

AdmiralAlpacha,

OF

Thanks for all the quick responses guys!

Now I have to decide between the bat or the classic, I am leaning towards the bat since I don't care about stealth much and it sounds easier to clean.

Any negatives you guys have with the bat?

I find it a little harder to aim the fire at the element, but it can be done easily enough. If cleaning is an issue, lack of wood is a plus for sure.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom