VaporGenie

OF

I just use some of the cheapest butane I can find around here, and it works great. the brand is 'silvermatch'

I'd be careful doing that with a lighter I cared about, especially a torch type. Otherwise you're sucking around for the deposits left on the aperture it evaporates from ('metering jet') to kill it the same way they do with cheap fuel in the Iolite and Wispr. There's a reason top end lighter makers also market fuel, and in this non typical case it's not driven by profit (directly).

It's your gear, of course, use what you like. New guys are advised to choose carefully by some of us.

OF

OF,

djonkoman

well I also use cheap torches, so if it would break it's not a big disaster :p
but my oldest is about 1,5 years old now and still functioning perfectly.

that cheap butane I buy does have a 'near zero impurities' lable on it tough, and when I googled the brand one of the topresults was a thread here on FC saying it's one of the brands clean enough for making concentrates
(but ofcourse I didn't know that when I started using it, one of the reasons I started with this brand is that it has a plastic nozzle that works well with my lighters, the metal not. and secondly it's not so expensive)

djonkoman,
Thanks OF a lot of good info there. Btw I do own a mflb so I am familiar with the many benefits of vapor. I got the vg for when my batts are low. Also I feel like the vg can deliver a little quicker than the mflb especially with the torch. I will definitely get some of that good quality gas to use with my torch hell maybe my cheapos will work with the better gas. I guess its like Hank hill says, butane is a bastard gas.

DuppyConqueror,

hogleg

the fuel is as important as the lighter. I finally sat down and explored my VG coil I love it. With a bong this thing rips as good as any vape I've tried I put the bowl on upside down and you can see the ceramic getting red. As a portable it works well too but it is a little short which makes it hot so the feedback is quick anyways best $20 I be spent in a long time.

hogleg,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Quick question, i have a torch lighter now that i tried with my handcarved VG but it is hard to see the flame during the day and i burned a bit of the wood on top.

I usually angle it at 45º but maybe at 90º would be better? How do you guys do it? I was using a piezolighter before and the technique is a bit different.

vorrange,

OF

Thanks OF a lot of good info there. I will definitely get some of that good quality gas to use with my torch hell maybe my cheapos will work with the better gas.

You're welcome, glad to help. Good to hear you find it useful, thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you, a can of 'the good stuff' isn't all that expensive and lasts a long time. I look at it as 'chicken soup', you know 'can't hurt, might help'?

Good luck in all your vaping endeavors,

Quick question, i have a torch lighter now that i tried with my handcarved VG but it is hard to see the flame during the day and i burned a bit of the wood on top.

I usually angle it at 45º but maybe at 90º would be better? How do you guys do it? I was using a piezolighter before and the technique is a bit different.

I tend to aim on faith in bad light. I can usually find something dark to check the flame against if needed but knowing where it should be is usually enough to get me close enough so taste and temperature of hit can guide it from there. I use a torch type so soot isn't an issue but waving that fire alone can be distracting for sure.

I still like the VG and haul it out to the garden on sunny days when feeling in a 'back to nature' mood.

OF

OF,

djonkoman

I also have difficulties seeing the flame outside, especially with sunny weather. 2 techniques I use:
hold the flame in my own shadow
or light it close to my ear, if it's on you hear a kind of rushing sound(remember to aim away from your ear and hair tough)

bu the upsider of my handcarved VG is also scorched entirely, but that has all happened on moments I could see the flame. but I'm crosseyed, no lazy ey but I don't look with both eyes at the same time, except if I'm high(altough since I vape daily I often notice looking with both eyes, so probably residual effect, also a very light buzz already makes me look with both eyes, I don't even have to really feel high)
so in the process of getting high it often happened that I wasn't aware the flame was above the wood untill I saw the smoke cming off the wood.
but it doesn't hinder it's effectiveness

djonkoman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Nice, i am guessing you point the flame directly at the ceramic then? Because i figured you should try hittin the metal sides, and it would give you better temperatura control since it would not heat as fast.

vorrange,

djonkoman

yes I point it directly at the ceramic, I keep the entire visible flame(what would be visible under darker conditions, by now I know my lighters so also if in the light I don't see the flame I know what distance that aproximately is) out of the hole.
I also move the flame from side to side to not get too much heat buildup at one point.

also tried with the flame on an angle, but I liked it better directly. is a while ago, but I think it was because it got less hot for vaping, but the metal(and the wood around it) got hot way faster, and hotter

but I think everyone develops their own technique, practically no one who uses mine moves the flame, and some place the flame on an angle.

djonkoman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
ok, i will try that way next time then. :D the entire visible flame is a nice touch since it helps the butane evaporize outside the chamber. i will remember it too. hehe. thanks!! :clap:

vorrange,

Rin101

So has anyone tried the new thicker stainless steel coil bat? Or the new VaporGenie brand lighter? I'd be interested in reading reviews

Rin101,

SD_haze

Haven't seen anyone mention this in this thread so thought I'd pass it along.
Vaporgenie has a form for free parts request, no questions asked.

Free screens, pipecleaners, new mouthpieces, and with every request you get another one of those nifty psychedelic genie stickers (new colors too :p)

No need for a receipt or anything, just fill out the form

After a friend combusted through my VG it was definitely nice to find out I didn't even have to bother with a trip to the headshop, free parts delivered to your door :love:

(PS, if you have the VG Coil, I wouldn't recommend bothering requesting either of the mouthpieces, they only work in the other units)

SD_haze,

hogleg

I have tried the old and now the new thicker coil I like how solid the new one feels but it does not seat in a 14 or 18mm GonG very well. It does make a good seal but doesnt look pretty

hogleg,

Stephman

Hey guys,
I want to buy a classic VaporGenie. Because i dont want to get my aporizer from the us and i can get it in Europe very cheap i will not be able to get the cool Walnut design. Can you tell me which of the ohter models you like the most?! and which design fits most to the look of a regualr pipe? (I dont like toy-look)

Stephman,

SD_haze

Hey guys,
I want to buy a classic VaporGenie. Because i dont want to get my aporizer from the us and i can get it in Europe very cheap i will not be able to get the cool Walnut design. Can you tell me which of the ohter models you like the most?! and which design fits most to the look of a regualr pipe? (I dont like toy-look)

Functionally, the glass models are #1
The stainless steels units are almost indestructible however.

Both don't have the toy-look of the classic.

http://www.vaporgenie.com/ ships internationally for a reasonably fair price

SD_haze,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i have the handcarved and i love it, and it is the stealthiest since it looks just like a regular wooden pipe. I used many times in a beach cafe with no problems. hehehe.

I want to get the vg coil also since it has a nice taste and it is easier to clean and smaller to keep. Also you can easily fit in a bong.

The glass has the best taste but it is too fragile, you can only use it indoors.

vorrange,

djonkoman

I have the handcarved too, once I was using it on a terrace in the middle of the city, and an old lady at the table next to us said that she liked that I was smoking a pipe since you don't see that often anymore :p

djonkoman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Stephman, about ordering in Europe, since it is a small package and not expensive, there is usually not much problem flying it from the US.

I did not have to pay any additional taxes when i ordered mine.

vorrange,

djonkoman

look up the taxfree limit at the site of the customs of your country, here in the netherlands it's 21 euro I believe, if the value is under that you don't pay any taxes. for gifts the limit is higher. above that limit you'll have to pay a % of the value(including shipping) in taxes, +handling fees, with lower value things the handling fees are usually more as the tax itself(hansling fees are 10 or 15 euros here I believe)

djonkoman,
When I'm home I can use the VG I have, the aluminum "bat", with my bong too thanks to the addition of a little bit of clear plastic tube.

Check it out below and tell me what you think.

Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%207%2018%2027%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%207%2021%2012%20PM.jpg

Stephman

I am from Germany and i already checked the taxfire limit and these things. Everything is quite similar to the netherlands. I dont want to pay Texas+handling fee+shipping costs+the product itself. I would pay like 20-30 Euros more for handcarved and there its also possible that i have to go the custom office.....
:/ really sad that the models with the pipe look are not avaible in Europe

Stephman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, looks like i got lucky since i did not pay any aditional fees.

I have never tried but since the top bowl is removable, maybe it is possible to mod it to fit a regular wood pipe with the genie bowl. or just buy the screen+ceramic filter and find a way to install it on a pipe.

vorrange,
Reactions: Stephman

Stephman

nice idea :)

But i think its quite hard to realise. I suppose the easier way would be to get classic ahorn genie and paint it in a nice-brown colour but i have no real experiences to make this look professional.

Stephman,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Then get the wood genie, in the vaposhop they sell it. It is not the handcarved but it is wood nonetheless. The coil is the favorite of most i believe, due to its durability and easy cleaning. Not so stealth though.

vorrange,
Top Bottom