VaporGenie

lwien

slugzmane said:
I have cleaned it thoroughly and never let my vaporgenie get dirty. I paid alot of money for it and as we all know, they're not cheap.

Guess it's all relative, but in the world of legit vaporizers, the price of a VG is about as cheap as you're gonna get.

Regarding the thread issue, try some ISO on a q-tip. Just make sure you don't get it on the wood.

lwien,

Dasbones

vape4health said:
Thats not poop , its almost pure THC , there are little bits of herb in it but mostly really good stuff .
The stuff that gets in mine is usually ashy resin because my friends don't have my technique

so in my case it is poop. :/

Also, if the Iso gets in the wood, doesn't it just evaporate when you dry it, or does it really just stay in there? Or could flushing out with water work too?

The Site needs to a address these issues.

Dasbones,

crawdad

floatin
if its clean then perhaps the threads are stripped but that would happen only if you had previously forced the piece on.

crawdad,

paperboat

Hello.

I bought a Vaporgenie for my husband for Christmas this year, but wanted to get more info from people who have it. Right now he smokes out of a metal one hitter, but I don't enjoy the taste of metal and how it burns my lips only after a few hits from it. We do have water pipes which I do enjoy so much more, but hubby doesn't because he swears they burn more for less than what you take in. I don't know, but I started doing research to try to come to a good compromise. I came to the conclusion that a vape would be the best option and probably better on our lungs in the long run. I would have loved to get him a Volcano, Da Buddah or even a Vapo Brothers, but I coulnd't jusitfy spending that much not knowing how we would even like vaping. Another reason why I thought the Vaoprgenie would be great was because it's also portable.

I would like to know how people like theirs and if actually does conserve.

Thoughts and comments welcome! :D

P.S. The company swears that the Vaporgenie doesn't get hot. True or false?

paperboat,

vape4health

Hi paperboat and welcome to FC .

Yes most people conserve alot when switching to a vape , well I should say you CAN conserve if thats your goal but you can also use more because you dont have to take a break cause your lungs feel like there are bleeding ( I dont miss them multi hour bong sesh's ) .

The only part that I remember getting hot enough to worry about is the exposed metal part but its kinda tucked in and not really easy to touch .

Get you a nice click lighter , bics or any flint lighter are a no-no . When I was using the VG heavy I found myself using a dollar store grill lighter , I cant remember who posted that , it was around a year ago .

vape4health,

Dasbones

Welcome to the Forums! :)

Vaporgenie is the best piece I've ever used. But I'm really a wussy when it comes to smoke, and I end up coughing up more than I'm taking in. In terms of conservation, I end up using half of what I would normally smoke, even with three friends. I managed to make an 1/8 last three days, and we were using that thing damn near non-stop. Using it between three people or less is ideal for the classic (which is all I can really speak for, but I plan on buying a hand-carved model.) Make sure you have a herb grinder for this thing, to save even more of your bud, trust me it's worth the money.

As for vaping as a whole I enjoy it much more than smoking, even my normal smokin' buddies praise this thing. Although I've found that if you mix it up a little, say vape a whole bowl with the genie, and then take a hit from a water pipe, or one-hitter, you get reaaallly medicated :brow: . I like the Vaporgenie's portability in the sense I can take it out whenever and pass it along with my friends, and since the bowl is sealed, you can keep the bowl filled on the go before you leave the house, then take it out whenever you'd like and enjoy it. And once you've used the bud till it's brown, it kinda looks like tobacco in my opinion (especially if you grind it real nice.)

Technique is something that takes getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you should be getting nice vapor clouds, and getting the bud to a nice chocolate brown (if it's black and the hit was rough, you burned the bud, avoid this.) The high is a litte bit different from smoking, it's definitely more manageable, I don't get that couch-lock feeling, and it's more of a giggly body buzz (although if you mix meathods of consuming, you get completely barbecued :ko: ).

The Metal parts of the Genie will get hot after three or four GOOD hits, but if you're holding it right, it shouldn't matter.

Hope that helps, I'd definitely reccomend the Vaporgenie to any fellow cannabis consumer.

Dasbones,

momatik

I love my VG. I couldn't justify spending so much on a vaporizer first either, so i went with the wood VG.

It doesn't get too hot to hold as long as you're using the lighter properly.

If I use it once daily, a gram of good quality herbs will last a week.

The only thing I regret is not going for the glass version. I miss how tasty the hits where when I first got it. The hits are still very tasty in comparison to combustion, but not to a new VG.

It'll take a few sessions to get the proper technique, so ask him to be patient!

momatik,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well, i took the screen out of my vg classic and cleaned it today. Noticed a lot of bud powder underneath it and in it. It did help reduce the hot spot effect shown above. There is still a hot spot, but its right in the middle now and seems to be less off a temp difference, so i'm happy.

Anyone know where to get some finer screen of this size? Like I'm talking LB screen fine. Because vg seems to work best with powdered bud for me, but the screen isnt fine enough IMO.

steiner666,

Dasbones

steiner666 said:
Anyone know where to get some finer screen of this size? Like I'm talking LB screen fine. Because vg seems to work best with powdered bud for me, but the screen isnt fine enough IMO.
I know what you mean, but I just put a tiny little bit of shake on the bottom of the bowl, and the place the keif on top. Works great for me

The screens I got from VG are better than the stuff I can get from the local tabacco store pipe screens.
You could probably google it though.

Dasbones,

crawdad

floatin
i see you mentioned the taste of metal, i hate that too and tend to be more sensitive to it. im not sure what the comparison is but there is obviously metal on the standard vg but next to none on the glass version (just screen and retaining clip), consider it. there is a different thread for the glass.

crawdad,

fylgja

The VG was my first. ;) I think I just had a hard time getting the hang of it. I have arthritic hands and holding a pipe and lighter is too much. I think it makes a good transition between smoking and vaping. I like the Launch Box a lot better, but some people don't like messing around with batteries and stuff. I gave my old VG to a friend, and she loves it. She lives at her parents right now and they couldn't even smell a thing when walking in the bathroom after her. So it does what it says it does if you do it right.
edit: Almost forgot, I didn't like the taste of the VG either. I don't know if it was the wood, or my bad technique or what. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone wandered.

fylgja,

Dasbones

I'm really torn between buying a Metal Vaporgenie, and the Hand carved model.

I love the way the spiral looks, but I'm interested in the easy to clean metal version.

Anybody own either?

Dasbones,

Dasbones

That sounds freakin' sweet, any pics?

I don't exactly have that option though, but I'm guessing the metal body is superior to the hand-carved then?

which has a deeper bowl? I end up using mine with my friends more than I do by myself, I need a piece that can hold more herb.

Dasbones,

MacRadish

Dasbones said:

I don't exactly have that option though, but I'm guessing the metal body is superior to the hand-carved then?

which has a deeper bowl? I end up using mine with my friends more than I do by myself, I need a piece that can hold more herb.

No pics, I'll see what I can do.

It's just another material, and I too wanted something that can be cleaned. It's much more heavier and will crack a tooth. I had the Smooth Handcarved with the Spiral top combo, sort of a mix and match, then got the metal. The metal version certainly gets cool to the touch sitting unused, has me thinking of it actually cooling better.

All their bowl depths, now, are the same, sans the glass. They have a comparison chart on their page.

MacRadish,

chucku

Charles Urbane
MacRadish said:
Dasbones said:

No pics, I'll see what I can do.

It's just another material, and I too wanted something that can be cleaned. It's much more heavier and will crack a tooth. I had the Smooth Handcarved with the Spiral top combo, sort of a mix and match, then got the metal. The metal version certainly gets cool to the touch sitting unused, has me thinking of it actually cooling better.

All their bowl depths, now, are the same, sans the glass. They have a comparison chart on their page.

The bat has a deeper bowl. If you use with others wait for the stainless bat, It should be available soon.

chucku,

Dasbones

Does the Bat work as easily as the classic?

if not I think I'll just buy the metal pipe, I'd rather have something that's easier to clean.

Dasbones,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I like the bat better than my handcarved but due to the location of the flame hole, torch lighters will not work. It is easier to control heating consistently with the bat.

chucku,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
just ordered a flame finish classic for the inlaws to attempt to steer them away from combusting...they should love it!

JDSupreme,

momatik

Ive been using bics for a while. I just picked up a torch lighter and I burnt my first bowl within the first few seconds. When I hold it further away, I have trouble keeping the flame straight.

Any tips from torch lighter users?

momatik,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I usually hold the torch flame perpendicular to the hole. I am sucking the heat off the flame rather than sucking the flame down into the hole.

DevoTheStrange,

momatik

DevoTheStrange said:
I usually hold the torch flame perpendicular to the hole. I am sucking the heat off the flame rather than sucking the flame down into the hole.

Interesting. And it still heats up pretty fast? Do you use a small flame?

momatik,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
My recommendation would be as follow:

- use a gooseneck torch and start at the smallest setting you can get a good consistant flame at. (you don't want the lighter to cut out as you are taking a hit)

- I point the flame at the hole but I never let it go into the opening.

- At the start I recommend timing yourself. Taking 5 seconds hits , boost the flame until you reach vaporization temperature within the 5 seconds. Discipline here is very important, a few seconds is the difference between golden brown and black or even worst , combustion. Note that you can continue drawing after the 5 seconds but you must kill the lighter or bad things happen. Once you get the hang of it , you'll be able to play around with the times and flame size but for the beginner, lighter discipline is key.

Skunkypete,

momatik

Thanks pete your tips have been helpful. I have what seems to be a combination of those 2 lighters. The 'tip' is curved like that from the 2nd link. The body is from the first.

Right now I think I need to keep the flame moving because the sides are vaping fast while the middle is green. Finals aren't exactly the best time for experimentation, so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon after.

momatik,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
momatik said:
Right now I think I need to keep the flame moving because the sides are vaping fast while the middle is green.

Yes you are right , I forgot to mention it but a little wiggle with the flame does help in keeping the vaporization uniform.

Skunkypete,
Top Bottom