VaporGenie

Rin101

lesvape said:
No, I bought it from a local retailer, do you think that could be an issue?

Hmm that does seem like it could be an issue, but it is still worth a try. At the very least I'm sure they would let you purchase a new top once you have explained the trouble you are having.

I have a friend who has an aluminum bat and has also had a lot of trouble with his overheating; he bought his directly from VaporGenie and e-mailed them a few days ago and they told him they would send a replacement top free of charge! That's good service :)

Rin101,

reneferd3590

I Recently purchased vaporgenie from vaporgenie site. I recieved my item yesterday anyway i figured out how to work in and get some good vapor hits. the thing is i let one of my buddies use it and the retard that he is he burnt the wood on of the top piece of the vaporgenie will this affect the use of it? also its not a little burn the retard didnt notice it was on fire for like 10 seconds before he put it out so its a massive burn on the top but nothging happend to the cermamic filter itself please somebody get back to me ASAP!! Thank you !
!

Modnote: Merged, please search before posting a new thread. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

reneferd3590,

Rin101

reneferd3590 said:
I Recently purchased vaporgenie from vaporgenie site. I recieved my item yesterday anyway i figured out how to work in and get some good vapor hits. the thing is i let one of my buddies use it and the retard that he is he burnt the wood on of the top piece of the vaporgenie will this affect the use of it? also its not a little burn the retard didnt notice it was on fire for like 10 seconds before he put it out so its a massive burn on the top but nothging happend to the cermamic filter itself please somebody get back to me ASAP!! Thank you !
!

Modnote: Merged, please search before posting a new thread. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

It should be fine; the burnt wood on the outside shouldn't affect the vaporization process. I'm sorry to hear about your new pipe getting burned though :(

Rin101,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Vaporgenie now has Replacement Tops (With the new design) for the Bat listed on their website now. $20

DevoTheStrange,

momatik

Hey VG owners,

I love my classic VG. In choosing my next vape I'm torn between 3: A log style vape, glass VG, or an Extreme Q.

I'm curious to know the opinion of experienced VG owners on log style vapes.

Do you guys feel the efficiency is really that great? How about the hit quality?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can gimme their :2c:

momatik,

crawdad

floatin
momatik said:
I'm torn between 3: A log style vape, glass VG, or an Extreme Q.

I'm curious to know the opinion of experienced VG owners on log style vapes.

Do you guys feel the efficiency is really that great? How about the hit quality?

im sort of an experienced vg glass owner i guess. i can only compare its efficiency to a combustion pipe or a volcano classic model as that is what i have done.

i find the glass to be extremely efficient and once figured out (~10 or so sessions, more or less depending on patience level) is quite simple to use. i recently had a few people who have 40 yrs exp smoking/vaping try out the glass vg and they were impressed with the hits and efficiency as well. it has a coolness factor being glass of course.

taking it real slow i can get incredibly strong flavor yet cool temps inhaling the glass version. if you speed up and use more heat you still get the flavor but it can be harder on throat. happy vaping!

crawdad,

Ztob

DevoTheStrange said:
Vaporgenie now has Replacement Tops (With the new design) for the Bat listed on their website now. $20
Hi, yeah I got one of those as soon as they came out, and even though I had a lot of trouble using the origonal design, I found this new one even worse. Once and a while the thing seems ok, so I must be the problem; we just don't get along. Oh well, I have the classic, aluminum and glass vg pipe. The glass one alone is forgivness for anything vg could do wrong, just amazing; and the aluminum pipe is a close runner up after learning to use it without the plastic mouth piece.

Ztob,

sadf

I've found very little discussion on the aluminum pipe; not the bat.

With winter finally here I'm done going outside to smoke, putting me in the market for a vaporizer. I was looking at the glass model but the aluminum pipe looks like a much better deal. Is it safe to assume the aluminum pipe allows hits as large as the others and doesn't have the heating problems that the bat does?

If the glass really is functionally superior by a large degree I'll go for it, but I don't care about the aesthetics and am more concerned with functionality.

Thanks!

sadf,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
sadf said:
If the glass really is functionally superior by a large degree I'll go for it, but I don't care about the aesthetics and am more concerned with functionality.

I have both. I use the glass at home and the alu on the go. The taste is better and the bowl is bigger on the glass genie. The alu works well and its not fragile. I don't mind letting friends use it since I can always clean it out with ISO if they accidentally combust. That is not easily done with a wooden genie. So anyways my recommendation would be for the glass genie if you are mainly partaking at home. I think it's worth the price difference. However if you want to go places you are probably better of with the alu. Glass is just too fragile.

Skunkypete,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well, after a while of little to no use since my initial testings, I've busted out the VG classic and have been giving it some use lately. Primarily positive results in general, i'm glad to say :) better than previously

the need for using it lately came from having some really finely ground herb (which i prefer not to use in the HA really, since it likes chunks and whole buds), and little of it. Since the VG has a smaller bowl i thought it might be good to use to try to stretch things out until next delivery ;). Also, i wanted to use the VG because i wasnt able to get the herb i tried with it before to be this finely shredded and i thought it might make a big difference.

Yes, it definitely did. :D

So i really like it. I had the technique right before, but the finely ground, bone dry herb just made it work better. I get hits that are just barely visible in normal lighting, but under harsh lighting are very nice, consistent clouds.

However, the main issue is that, if i put the lighter to it enough to get thicker hits, and take the top off and look at the herb there will be a spot near the edge of the bowl that is very dark compared to the rest. Seems like the higher temps i try reaching, the more of a difference there is the evenness of the vaping on the bowl. At first i thought i was just holding the lighter in a way that directed the flame unevenly, but i've tried holding it at different angles and ways, and its still always the same hot spot.

I'm wondering if other people have this issue or not? Maybe my filter isnt in there right or something? It seems like the metal around the edges of the chamber the filter sits in isnt perfectly circular, and the one edge sticks out a bit. I think it might be designed this way to keep the filter in place, so i didnt really mess with it much.

Still, if i dont apply the lighter too much, and shake (works really well actually) or stir between hits, it is a very nice vape. Portables always provide for a diff type of effect than desktop models for me. Instead of sitting down and vaping it all up at once and getting obliterated, i wander around taking a hit every ~10 mins and maintain a nice, mellow and stable buzzz. The g/f says i remind her a bit of sherlock, always randomly busting out the pipe. lol

steiner666,

crawdad

floatin
the hot spot you refer to i can concur with my glass model and also only if i apply too much heat do i notice this. on mine the hot spot is near center. my guess is it has to do with the accumulation of heat inside the "vape chamber" in terms of where it naturally wants to reside instead of it having to do with the ceramic filter itself.

if i take my time and keep the temp low the vaporization is very even, all matter ends in the same color. i also shake it or stir it between every other hit or so.

ive hit volcanos a lot and some other "non pipe+flame" ones and the vg has always given me a different kind of high with the same herb and for me its a preferred high.

crawdad,

MacRadish

steiner666 said:
I'm wondering if other people have this issue or not?

My take on that is the heated air is going to travel the shortest distance possible to get to the stem as it passes through the product. That little circular dark spot is that path.

MacRadish,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i've always noticed that there is a hotspot that the heat is directed in most. I usually have to stir the bowl and move all the unvaped herb into the hotspot, and the abv moved to where the unvaped herb once was.

DevoTheStrange,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Yeah it definitely requires frequent stirring, especially past a certain point. I can get about 3 good, nice tasting hits, stirring or shaking in between. But then if i use the same amount of flame and hit speed on subsequent hits, it produces practically nothing but heated air. But if i increase temp in any way, I get this:

vghotspot-Copy.jpg

and, yeah, i get some vapor and can stir and hit a few more times to get a bit more, but the taste goes from being enjoyable to tolerable once this hot spot comes into play. But its a choice of either being content with partial extraction, of lower temp compounds, or tolerating some harsh tastes.

Also visible in the above image is the gap on the metal on the inside of the chamber. Anyone else's like this?

steiner666,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
That gap is normal. The filter is held in place with a metal shim wrapped around it, and that is what you are seeing.

DevoTheStrange,

Dasbones

Newbie here, looked through a couple dozen pages, couldn't find this subject.

I recently bought a vaporgenie classic, and a sharpstone grinder; both work fantastically. But I'd like to know if I can use hash with this piece, while I really haven't gathered enough keif yet to warrent a big-ass hash session with my friends, I'm still curious if it will work or not.

I figure I just need a little bit of herb under the hash, but I don't want to test it until I know for sure.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Dasbones,

vape4health

I have only vape the " wand hash " that was from cleaning the VG but it worked good on a little bed of herb , I had trouble getting it to vape all the way up with out getting the herb to hot but I didnt try it without the herb .

Edit : Welcome to FC .

vape4health,

Dasbones

Speaking of cleaning I just washed the filter and bottom with boiling hot water (splashed a little on my hands, which hurt a bit), god damn I almost forgot how smooth this thing hits (keep in mind I've been using it almost non-stop since I've bought it just a few weeks ago, and it got a little bit of buildup which needed to be taken care of.)

I'm also thinking of giving my classic to my friend and buying a hand-carved piece, how do those compare to each other?

Dasbones,

slugzmane

Vaporgenie Problem

Hello, I am new to the site but not new to vaporizers or vaping marijuana. I purchased a beautiful hand carved walnut vaporgenie 7 or 8 months ago and loved it from the start, such a neat device. Today I packed a fresh bowl and tried to screw on the top piece to the bowl, but I noticed that the threads were keeping it from screwing together. I tried to turn it several times but It just stops before it makes a full rotation. Could you please post some pictures of the top threading of your vaporgenies? I want to see if the top piece's threading is the problem or if it is something else. Thanks alot! Keep on vapin'! One love

Modnote: Thread merged. Please search before posting a new topic.

No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

2 duplicate threads deleted.

slugzmane,

slugzmane

I have cleaned it thoroughly and never let my vaporgenie get dirty. I paid alot of money for it and as we all know, they're not cheap. I would just like to see the threads on the top piece of another vaporgenie to use as a reference :brow:

slugzmane,

Dasbones

Yeah, it's probly just dirty, I cleaned out my threads by taking a pin (knife works fine too) and moving it up around the thread.
Also just try washing the poop out of it, boiling hot water and pipe cleaners work wonders. It'll hit like a dream once you do.

Dasbones,

vape4health

Thats not poop , its almost pure THC , there are little bits of herb in it but mostly really good stuff .

vape4health,
Top Bottom