VaporGenie

freeman dyson

thanks for the tips guys. i am getting it down I think. Im just using a bic and barely dipping it into the bowl and holding it there. about 1/3 of the way in. i was under the impression that you should only suck while you got the lighter on it. I have read in this thread that you should always take a primer hit first to see if it reached vaporization. and then put the lighter back on it for a good hit. my dad is 60 and I dont want to make this a big project for him.

freeman dyson,

sundaddy

I'll bet a Magic Flight Box would suit him better. I have both, and I haven't touched my VG in 4 months.

sundaddy,

freeman dyson

sundaddy said:
I'll bet a Magic Flight Box would suit him better. I have both, and I haven't touched my VG in 4 months.
probably would. plus it's smaller. I plan on getting one eventually.

freeman dyson,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
freeman dyson said:
sundaddy said:
If I recall you said your dad smokes pipes, so if that's true the VG really is the perfect vape for him. 60 ain't old and he certainly can and will learn to use it and will love it after he gets used to it!

I love the LB, too. But the VG has the ability to vaporize hash and concentrates, and you decide how big and how light of a hit you want, and whether to put in a tiny bit or a full bowl. With the LB it's hard to get a big thick hit, the hits are mostly on the very light side and it works best with a 3/4 trench or bowl.

Both have their applications. The LB is more portable for outings, but for taking to a friend's home or using at home while watching movies or something, the VG is nice to hold and no hassles with batteries.

Whichever he gets, he's going to want a home unit soon enough! As someone who recently discovered vaporizing, and first bought a VG and now has a Myrtlezap, I am using my Myrtlezap exclusively at home, now.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
I love the LB, too. But the VG has the ability to vaporize hash and concentrates.
People have said that the LB does not vaporize hash very well. I find that hard to believe since the screen can hold back something as small as dust... you just need to break the hash up and you are good to go!

On concentrates: You could just soak it in some bud. You do need a medium for it.

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
aero18 said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
I love the LB, too. But the VG has the ability to vaporize hash and concentrates.
People have said that the LB does not vaporize hash very well. I find that hard to believe since the screen can hold back something as small as dust... you just need to break the hash up and you are good to go!

On concentrates: You could just soak it in some bud. You do need a medium for it.
Aero, your LB seems to run much hotter than mine. Also there is the issue of the screen. It is not self-replaceable with the LB and so you don't want to gum it up with concentrates. Or do you? I don't know, but I read someone saying that sticky stuff was not recommended for the LB. That said, I am not sure mine gets hot enough to do hash. I'm almost thinking of asking for a new one, as someone else said his was running at a low temperature too.

But the nice thing about the VG is you can get super big thick hits if you want; that is, you can dial in your temperature just by varying the flame and breath.

I kinda look at it this way, too:
Concentrates are made for combustion! The whole idea of using hash is to get more medicated, isn't it?

So vaporizing, though, much easier on the lungs, is counter-productive to getting trashed on hash! ;) Honestly, when I'm in the mood for hash, I'll go for a combustion hit, or at least a very heavy vapor hit in the Vapor Genie!

While my LB is nice for chilling at home with the wife, watching tv or whatever where I can't be totally effed up.

MoeOnTheMoon,

freeman dyson

MoeOnTheMoon said:
freeman dyson said:
sundaddy said:
If I recall you said your dad smokes pipes, so if that's true the VG really is the perfect vape for him. 60 ain't old and he certainly can and will learn to use it and will love it after he gets used to it!

I love the LB, too. But the VG has the ability to vaporize hash and concentrates, and you decide how big and how light of a hit you want, and whether to put in a tiny bit or a full bowl. With the LB it's hard to get a big thick hit, the hits are mostly on the very light side and it works best with a 3/4 trench or bowl.

Both have their applications. The LB is more portable for outings, but for taking to a friend's home or using at home while watching movies or something, the VG is nice to hold and no hassles with batteries.

Whichever he gets, he's going to want a home unit soon enough! As someone who recently discovered vaporizing, and first bought a VG and now has a Myrtlezap, I am using my Myrtlezap exclusively at home, now.
He smokes bowls, ya. but hes not used to having to be careful with the flame and all the other stuff. im worried this might put him off. im gonna show him the new technique tomorrow. thanks for all the advice.

freeman dyson,

sundaddy

Yeah, the reason I suggested the MFLB is, I'm getting up in age too and, the lung power is just too much to deal with (priming, catching breath... hitting again... maybe combusting.) I agree, you can get big foggy hits off of the VG but, if you understand vaping, big clouds are a waste of good vapor. The MFLB is sooooo kind to your lungs because no priming, it's got a very light draw. But hey, to each his own.

sundaddy,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i think the "priming" part is a little exaggerated. and once the VG is warmed up after the first hit, you barely need to apply more heat to keep the warmth consistent throughout the length of the bowl. i consider vaping out of my VG very similar to smoking out of a regular pipe and think it will suit any pipe smoking man very well. its all about getting used to. stay thirsty my friends. :cool:

illadelph,

cav

on my classic VG there is an orange buildup (flint dust?) on the filter that i cannot remove. i tried burning it with a torch lighter and the hot water method, no luck... anybody know a solution? maybe i need to vacuum it

cav,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
illadelph said:
i think the "priming" part is a little exaggerated. and once the VG is warmed up after the first hit, you barely need to apply more heat to keep the warmth consistent throughout the length of the bowl. i consider vaping out of my VG very similar to smoking out of a regular pipe and think it will suit any pipe smoking man very well. its all about getting used to. stay thirsty my friends. :cool:
I agree. The "problem" is, I get such a nice hit off it, I never want a 2nd hit right away. So I always have to pre-heat it again. But as someone else said, the pre-heating is over-stated as a problem. I was one who made it seem as if it were a problem, but it was user error - I was using the wrong flame in the wrong way. Once I switched to my simple bic-like flamed barbecue lighter from the 99cent store, and dipped it just down into the bowl, not too far, like you're supposed to, the problem cleared up. Now it's just a first draw of 15 seconds or so, then a 2nd draw which I end up backing off the flame on, and I'm done. Baked. Vaped. Vaked.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
vape4health said:
This should be a good lighter to use with the genie right ? It has both type's of flame cause I wasn't sure what I was going to like using .

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLIBRI-DOUBLE-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414c05e658
That'll work fine, I imagine. But this is what I use, and it works perfectly for a whole lot less (for use at home, obviously, not for carrying around):
http://tinyurl.com/yagkmje
99 cent store; refillable, adjustable

My advice is, don't even try to use the torch with your VG. It can be done but if you try you'll no doubt burn the side of your filter in the process and it won't be as aesthetically pleasing. Stick with the usual Bic type flame.

MoeOnTheMoon,
I've been happy with my Lotus lighter for use with the VG, and the built-in stirring tool is a nice touch.
Highly recommended.

Vapor Trail,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I have yet too successfully vape with a torch flame with my VG. I mean yes I can do it... But it is not as satisfying as with my regular candle type flame. I have an easier time using my torch on my VS.
I use far less butane in my torch when I don't use it for my VG.
for me I have too go with a regular lighter with a piezo ignition (stopped using bics because of flint dust).

DevoTheStrange,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
To me using a torch with the VG is all down to technique and flame length. Using my bigger torches always led me to overcooking the bowl . The solution was to get a smaller torch lighter. With the torch flame about a 1 cm long (.4 inches) I can just position it so the tip of the flame is flush with the top, inhale making sure i gauge the temp with my tongue , about 10 sec of this and the hit is done. No pre heating needed. Much less lung power needed then with a normal lighter flame. Getting it down path is the hard part. Combusting in the VG really sucks.

Skunkypete,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
vape4health said:
I just vaped my first Vapor Genie bowl :ko: and melted my first cheap-o click lighter .
BIC's work pretty well. Ive always used bics for my VG and never had any problems besides wind.

HighSti,

vape4health

I just got the lighter from a few post up , its nice , it maybe the first expensive lighter I ever had .

And the Genie , so far I love it !!! One of the reasons it took so long for me to get a genie was , I had a " vaporizer " slide I got from a semi local shop , it was POS , worthless , extremly hard to draw thru and the filter thing turned white after like 4 times using it , POS . So I had a little fear about the genie being close to the same thing , but no the VG works great .

vape4health,

Rin101

stickstones said:
you'll also go through shit tons of butane using a torch with the vg
Actually torch lighters are much more efficient than candle flame..my torch with a small gas chamber lasts for 2-4 weeks, but I'm lucky to get a week from a Bic or refillable candle lighter

I see that you guys prefer candle flame, but I'm the opposite. I would much rather use a torch than candle lighter :p I've never burnt the wooden top piece, but a friend of mine did burn it a couple times...he said he just has terrible depth perception and couldn't aim it in there haha. Peace

Rin101,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rin101 said:
stickstones said:
you'll also go through shit tons of butane using a torch with the vg
Actually torch lighters are much more efficient than candle flame..my torch with a small gas chamber lasts for 2-4 weeks, but I'm lucky to get a week from a Bic or refillable candle lighter

I see that you guys prefer candle flame, but I'm the opposite. I would much rather use a torch than candle lighter :p I've never burnt the wooden top piece, but a friend of mine did burn it a couple times...he said he just has terrible depth perception and couldn't aim it in there haha. Peace
I agree that the torch is harder to aim.

Admittedly, I do not have much luck with my particular torch lighter at all. So you may very well do better than I with a torch vs bic style lighter.

stickstones,
Top Bottom