Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

Dab Rite

Company Rep
Hi V-Rod,

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Great question. There is no time limit, because it depends on use. If the tubing is getting sticky and/or softer than when you purchased it, it would be time to replace it. However, you can boil the tubing in water until all the oils come off and let it sit out and dry once you have drained and rinsed the hose.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Your Friends at Vaporfection

V-RodVapors4U

Yeah it needs cleaning. I also figure the inside coating doesn't hurt, but it smells. Yep time to clean.

V-RodVapors4U,

o0Lo0P0o

I would like to talk about my experience with Vaporfection and the Vivape. When I bought the unit they were touting a $50.00 rebate if ordered before the 1st of April. I signed up and made the purchase at the same time of signing up which was 03/31/12 7:49 PM.
They dispatched the order e-mail stating I had made the purchase on April 1, 2012 2:49 am. I sent an e-mail asking why and that I was afraid I would not get the rebate.

I wrote:
Hi, I need to cancel my order. I am finding a discrepancy on the date of the order placed. My registration to the site was exactly when I placed the order @ 03/31/12 7:49 PM.
The order itself is showing Order Date:April 1, 2012 2:49 am. As far as I am concerned this will void the $50 mail in rebate. I have also found that other resellers are offering the aqua vape for free and a rebate of $50.00 + free herb grinder. Another issue that really concerns me is the fact that the unit uses 700 watts of power. I think that number is really excessive for what the product offers. As of today 4/1/2012 the product has not shipped so I would prefer a full refund.

The reply was:
Your purchase will include the $50 rebate even though it was ordered on the 1st. Also, you should be aware there are some scam sites out there offering accessories as a lure that deliver nothing. As for the 700 watt element that not a constant wattage that simple ensures that the viVape gets to the selected operating temperature quickly. In the mean time we'll check the shipping status and let you know if we're able to stop your order and issue a refund. Thanks for your business! Your Friends at Vaporfection

I reply with:
Go ahead and ship the unit.
I was worried about the rebate and offers.

So after that ordeal which was not that big of a deal I proceed to wait for the order information to be updated on the site with tracking. A few days pass by and I get concerned as I have not gotten any tracking information. I dispatch an e-mail, and they reply with the tracking and state it was due for delivery that day. I got really excited and could not wait for this thing as it was my first herbal vaporizer. Once I open the box and look through all the stuff, there is no $50.00 rebate in the box. I e-mail them, but never get a reply :(

Now today I get home after a hard days work to find that the unit will not heat up at all :( After only a few days over a month the unit is dead.... Nothing has happened to the unit, as it has sat next to my PC since the day I got it. I am beginning to question the reliability of this unit. I dug through this thread and found a few others who had this same problem. I am wondering if I should have just bought the Volcano. I am also kinda of worried that the replacement will do the same thing knowing my luck and the warranty is only for a year. Kinda sucks too as I have 3 guys at work that also had interest in this unit, but I cannot really recommend the unit based on my experience. It worked awesome when it worked, but I think reliability is an issue. I also can't recommend it based on the fact that I felt like I was lied to about the rebate and then ignored. Not only that, they offered 20% off with code after I had already purchased it at full price hoping for $50 off.

I will be contacting them to see what I can do as far as warranty replacement. I hope we can do a cross shipping arrangement , like give them my CC# in good faith to speed up the process.

o0Lo0P0o,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
That stinks,o0Lo0P0o (damn, that's hard to type). I agree with Pappy--my guess is they'll make good, but I empathize with you.

I've used mine heavily for the last three-plus months with zero problems. To expand on Pappy's point, lots of other vapes have had issues, including the Volcano, and many are from fine companies that make good on their products if there's an issue. I put Vaporfection in that group, though again I realize your situation really sucks and it's shitty to be without a vape. My suggestion is to give it (and them) another chance when you get your new unit since you've invested the $$.

Please keep us posted on your experience. I hope you get back to vaping soon!

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Pappy

o0Lo0P0o

Thanks for the reply guys. I will keep you updated with my experience. Vapinghole, you can refer to me as Loop as the o0 0o are just decorative. I did not have any time today, but I was going to call them up first and see if I can get an advance RMA setup. So bummed though as I was about to buy a headford and the 15 arm leisure glass pieces to cut out some of the harshness I get at times. Anyone here try out the Leisure Glass 15 arm bubbler?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Anyone here try out the Leisure Glass 15 arm bubbler?
I have the original style LW 15 arm bub and I bought the new "leisure" version for my boss. It is a great funcional piece to be sure. I give it two thumbs up. :nod:

:peace:

Vapinghole

Thanks for the reply guys. I will keep you updated with my experience. Vapinghole, you can refer to me as Loop as the o0 0o are just decorative. I did not have any time today, but I was going to call them up first and see if I can get an advance RMA setup. So bummed though as I was about to buy a headford and the 15 arm leisure glass pieces to cut out some of the harshness I get at times. Anyone here try out the Leisure Glass 15 arm bubbler?

Thanks Loop! Anxious to hear when you get back to vaping with the viVape.

I use smaller pieces and just got the Headford triple doughnut inline bubbler (video on previous page of thread), which does a fine job smoothing out the vapor. Here's a vid of my other piece--a well-made smaller local tube with a six-slit downstem (didn't have time to get ice, which I typically do). Perhaps I get another downstem someday. I used to combust with this bong, so I have a soft spot, and it's a great piece.

Dab Rite

Company Rep
I would like to talk about my experience with Vaporfection and the Vivape. When I bought the unit they were touting a $50.00 rebate if ordered before the 1st of April. I signed up and made the purchase at the same time of signing up which was 03/31/12 7:49 PM.
They dispatched the order e-mail stating I had made the purchase on April 1, 2012 2:49 am. I sent an e-mail asking why and that I was afraid I would not get the rebate.

I wrote:
Hi, I need to cancel my order. I am finding a discrepancy on the date of the order placed. My registration to the site was exactly when I placed the order @ 03/31/12 7:49 PM.
The order itself is showing Order Date:April 1, 2012 2:49 am. As far as I am concerned this will void the $50 mail in rebate. I have also found that other resellers are offering the aqua vape for free and a rebate of $50.00 + free herb grinder. Another issue that really concerns me is the fact that the unit uses 700 watts of power. I think that number is really excessive for what the product offers. As of today 4/1/2012 the product has not shipped so I would prefer a full refund.

The reply was:
Your purchase will include the $50 rebate even though it was ordered on the 1st. Also, you should be aware there are some scam sites out there offering accessories as a lure that deliver nothing. As for the 700 watt element that not a constant wattage that simple ensures that the viVape gets to the selected operating temperature quickly. In the mean time we'll check the shipping status and let you know if we're able to stop your order and issue a refund. Thanks for your business! Your Friends at Vaporfection

I reply with:
Go ahead and ship the unit.
I was worried about the rebate and offers.

So after that ordeal which was not that big of a deal I proceed to wait for the order information to be updated on the site with tracking. A few days pass by and I get concerned as I have not gotten any tracking information. I dispatch an e-mail, and they reply with the tracking and state it was due for delivery that day. I got really excited and could not wait for this thing as it was my first herbal vaporizer. Once I open the box and look through all the stuff, there is no $50.00 rebate in the box. I e-mail them, but never get a reply :(

Now today I get home after a hard days work to find that the unit will not heat up at all :( After only a few days over a month the unit is dead.... Nothing has happened to the unit, as it has sat next to my PC since the day I got it. I am beginning to question the reliability of this unit. I dug through this thread and found a few others who had this same problem. I am wondering if I should have just bought the Volcano. I am also kinda of worried that the replacement will do the same thing knowing my luck and the warranty is only for a year. Kinda sucks too as I have 3 guys at work that also had interest in this unit, but I cannot really recommend the unit based on my experience. It worked awesome when it worked, but I think reliability is an issue. I also can't recommend it based on the fact that I felt like I was lied to about the rebate and then ignored. Not only that, they offered 20% off with code after I had already purchased it at full price hoping for $50 off.

I will be contacting them to see what I can do as far as warranty replacement. I hope we can do a cross shipping arrangement , like give them my CC# in good faith to speed up the process.

Hey Loop, sorry to hear about your situation. I'll be PM'ing you shortly to get more details and see how we can resolve this in the most efficient way. Thanks!

o0Lo0P0o

Thanks Loop! Anxious to hear when you get back to vaping with the viVape.

I use smaller pieces and just got the Headford triple doughnut inline bubbler (video on previous page of thread), which does a fine job smoothing out the vapor. Here's a vid of my other piece--a well-made smaller local tube with a six-slit downstem (didn't have time to get ice, which I typically do). Perhaps I get another downstem someday. I used to combust with this bong, so I have a soft spot, and it's a great piece.

Thanks for the videos Vapinghole, I actually really like the small form factor of the headford and it looks like it hits damn good on the ViVape. I was really suprised by how harsh MJ could be when vaporized. I currently vape nicotine also on a provari, from what I was reading I thought it would be kinda like the dryness you can get when you take a big hit off a quality e-cig. I was totally wrong in that aspect :) The purp urkel has been kicking my ass when the vivape worked. Hopefully all will get resolved quickly as I am so against combusting at this time in my life. I quite combusting cigarettes for a healthier lifestyle but I realized that I was still combusting herbs and that is why I got in to the Vivape.

Vapinghole

Here's to a speedy recovery for your viVape, Loop! The Headford is a little monster. Best hitter I've had. When I'm short on time but still want the viVape quality, I use my bong, but that's only because I'm a tad OCD on keeping my glass clean after every session. :freak: The Headford takes a bit more time for me to rinse out relative to my bong. I also have a small Aqua Vape, which I highly recommend. It's useful not only for the viVape, but you'll see folks on this forum using it creatively with many other vapes.

I'm fresh off a fantastic evening session--loaded my wand with a combo of blue dream and some other stinky-ass, sticky-ass strain (not sure what it is). The viVape gives me such great flavor and thoroughly vapes my load every freakin time. I'm sending good vapy vibes your way for your viVape's speedy return.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: o0Lo0P0o

o0Lo0P0o

I will agree with you there, when the unit was working it did let the flavor through real nice and vaped the loads well.
Which size aqua vape do you have?

Vapinghole

I have the small one. Works well. Great for stealth/portable. You can lay it down with water inside. Pretty badass. There's an Aqua Vape thread in the Glass section--check it out.

Vapinghole,

stonedwarman

I got paid to kill people.
The only issue I have with the vivape is the horizontal placement of the herb chamber. When I first got it, I didn't realize that when you take out the herb chamber and the vivape is in "bag mode" you need to switch it into "whip mode" before taking the herb chamber out. Because of the horizontal placement of the herb chamber if you leave the vivape in "bag mode" the fan will be blowing very hard and when you try to take out the herb chamber it will blow some of your herb out of the chamber and make a mess. It took a couple of days for me to figure that out lol. Sorry if this tip has already been posted. Other than that the vivape is great. The low fan speed even in bag mode means that the bag takes longer to fill than a volcano bag; with this in mind, the vivape is more ideal for one or two people and not a large group.

stonedwarman,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Vapinghole

Hi stonedwarman! Glad you're enjoying the viVape! I really dig mine.

The whip method should only be used when the vape is in 'whip' mode. I think you'll find the vape easier to use than futzing about by switching modes after drawing. Keep your screen clean and you'll have zero draw problems. Is there a reason you used the whip method in 'bag' mode? Otherwise, the bag mode is for bag use, whip mode for whip use.

Also, I've baked out groups of five with the whip before, though typically it's used by me and my wife and I agree it's best with fewer people.

Vapinghole,

o0Lo0P0o

Personally, I have only tried it in whip mode. I have never even tried out the bags yet. So far the largest group of users has been 2 at a time. Mainly me and my wife.

o0Lo0P0o,

stonedwarman

I got paid to kill people.
Hi stonedwarman! Glad you're enjoying the viVape! I really dig mine.

The whip method should only be used when the vape is in 'whip' mode. I think you'll find the vape easier to use than futzing about by switching modes after drawing. Keep your screen clean and you'll have zero draw problems. Is there a reason you used the whip method in 'bag' mode? Otherwise, the bag mode is for bag use, whip mode for whip use.

Also, I've baked out groups of five with the whip before, though typically it's used by me and my wife and I agree it's best with fewer people.

I think you misunderstood my post. I use the vivape in bag mode. When I want to take out the herb chamber, I have to switch it to whip mode or the fan blows weed out of the chamber as you pull it out. Whip mode uses a lower fan speed; that's why i switch to whip mode when I take out the herb chamber. Does that make sense?

stonedwarman,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Vapinghole

Yep, I totally misunderstood. Makes complete sense. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry if I insulted your intelligence. Totally not my intention. My bad. I use whip mode only, so my mind was focused on that. Plus I'm high ; )

Cheers and happy vaping!

Vapinghole,

Vapinghole

High there!

Having used the fuck out of my viVape (vV) for 3-plus months (i.e., 3-4, sometimes 5 times daily), I thought I'd offer some updated comments for anyone curious.

I'm quite impressed with its durability and flexibility. Heeding the advice of several veteran forum members, as I was a new vaporist at the time, I started vaporizing with low temps and worked my way up over the first few days/weeks to get my preferred temp. This was very easy with the vV. As mentioned here before I've settled on 338 F as delivering my favorite combo of flavor/impact. But I've now started futzing with temp switching in various manners during a single session (at the end of a load, one smaller load with low temp and another smaller load at a higher temp, etc...). Also, I switch temps over many sessions. On weekends, when I vape my ass off relative to during the week, I'll vape in the morning at one temp, the afternoon at another temp, and in the evening at yet another temp. I've tried various combos of the sort. What fun!! :clap::ko::clap::ko: I'm sure this isn't new to some folks, but for those curious about this vape, I want to point out how well it performs with said futzing.

The vV was my first "high-end" vape, and I now own 4, with two more on the way. I've also since tried a few other popular vaporizers with a more educated view (and more experience) thanks to the folks on this forum, and some of those vapes really turn me on! But all in all so far, considering the class it's in, I am thoroughly satisfied with what I've gotten for my $$.

Oh, and I stake claim on the "vV" abbreviation--I'm pretty sure no one else nabbed that yet (at least on this forum). :lol:

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Dab Rite

white russian

wish i had the same experience as you vapinghole, I've got gear dripping in crystal, perfectly cured by myself, but its such a chore to get a draw from it, i have the aqua vape attached for getting some moisture going on the toke, have to crank it up-to 410f to get anything going.....eventually gave up with it and ordered heat wand kit. the simplicity the way it works is great for a quick hit, but not suitable when your using all your energy sucking like a hoover to get it going decent.

white russian,

o0Lo0P0o

wish i had the same experience as you vapinghole, I've got gear dripping in crystal, perfectly cured by myself, but its such a chore to get a draw from it, i have the aqua vape attached for getting some moisture going on the toke, have to crank it up-to 410f to get anything going.....eventually gave up with it and ordered heat wand kit. the simplicity the way it works is great for a quick hit, but not suitable when your using all your energy sucking like a hoover to get it going decent.

Hi White Russian, are you grinding the herb up? I found that the viVape worked great with non cured flowers, but even better when cured. I cure to the point of not even needing a grinder. If I roll the flower in my fingers it turns to dust. I have never had to go above 170c.

o0Lo0P0o,

white russian

Hi White Russian, are you grinding the herb up? I found that the viVape worked great with non cured flowers, but even better when cured. I cure to the point of not even needing a grinder. If I roll the flower in my fingers it turns to dust. I have never had to go above 170c.

hi loop, yeah i get a perfect grind off my mix and ball grinder very fine, i have various strains been glass jarred sealed and burped occasionally for 6 months some of them, real connoisseur stuff i take great care and pride in having the finest dank green, i won't even touch anything not been cured for a couple of months, so its bone dry and should be easy for vaping but sadly thats not the case.

white russian,
Top Bottom