Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think most if not all vapes have their sweet-spots in which they were work best in terms of load-size. It's the main reason I sold my SSV. I tried two different (original) wands but even with the shorter one (this puts the load closer to the heat-source) I needed to use to much weed per bowl for my budget to get the desired clouds.

You could try to find another (smaller) wand that'll work with you vivape, SSV users seem to swear by the VB mini wand to make it work with smaller loads.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I think you can put not enough in the bowl of the ViVape. It's like it doesn't cook it enough. If I put more in it the duff gets darker . Hmmm, too much air gliding past the substance without contact?

Interesting. I wonder if your unit is faulty? I have zero problems regardless of load size, and I can even have variance in grind consistency without problems, using various temps (though I've settled on 338 F). Here's my daily setup, though I'll fuck with the Aqua Vape every now and then. I just purchased a Headford inline bubbler, which I can't wait to get (arrives next week).

PM me if you want to try and troubleshoot before giving up on the viVape.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vapinghole,

V-RodVapors4U

Thx OTA and Vaping Hole.
I think it's working correctly. It must be my technique, and the load amounts. I know temp makes a diff..
However, if VH is getting it brown at 335, why doesn't mine at 385? I'm thinking strains have a huge impact. Dunno, but I do know it's intended purpose is effective.

V-RodVapors4U,
Reactions: Vapinghole

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Brown at 335 seems a little unlikely ime. What is a VH? Could it be the temp readings on that one are off perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

Vapinghole

Brown at 335 seems a little unlikely ime. What is a VH? Could it be the temp readings on that one are off perhaps?

OTA - I think it's reasonable to assume different viVapes could have variance in temp readings and what it actually puts out. I don't so much worry about whether "338 F" on the reading is actually 338 F, it's just merely a reference point for me at which I really dig the result relative to hotter temps. I started low and worked my way up.

Also, I'll take a before/after pic of my next session so you can see the abv. I realize my version of "brown" may differ from yours--keeping in mind I'm still fairly new to vaporizing.

Thx OTA and Vaping Hole. I think it's working correctly. It must be my technique, and the load amounts. I know temp makes a diff. However, if VH is getting it brown at 335, why doesn't mine at 385? I'm thinking strains have a huge impact. Dunno, but I do know it's intended purpose is effective.

Glad it's doing the job for you, V-Rod. I also think you may have a point with different strains. Also, grind consistency may have something to do with it as well? Just guessing. I also recall you mentioned something about load size and how a smaller load doesn't get as brown as a larger load. I can concur. Perhaps because it's farther away from the heating element? I vaped a full wandload of blue dream about 40 minutes ago, and that bad boy went from green to vaped brown. I'll do the same and take pictures next time. Won't need to twist my arm! :tup:

Also V-Rod - I can't imagine the experience gets much better from a taste perspective, in my view at least. I taste the smell of my herb for almost the entire load, and even my last hits are tasty--no popcorn taste--just pureness. Is that your experience as well?

Vapinghole,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, I just reread that.

I misunderstood/misread your post Vrod. I thought you were comparing it to another vaporizer, which you were referring to with 'VH' :lol:

Sorry for the confusion.

And yes, it's possible that different units give different reading at different temperatures VH. We've seen that a lot on the cheap China boxes as people seem to call them. I wouldn't except that from a product in this price range though, and find it pretty disappointing if that's the case.

OhTheAgony,

Vapinghole

OTA - I had to think about "VH" for a bit as well before I got it. :lol:

Regarding the temp variance, I'm not suggesting that's the case with the viVape, just mentioning I believe it's a reasonable consideration. I think either it works or it doesn't and if there's variance it's due to a faulty unit. But I know very little about the tech stuff. For all I know, my viVape's output could be spot on relative to the reading, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, especially since my results are consistent for each temp. I've mentioned before, however, that I believe the touch screen is nice, but not "all that," so I don't hang my vaping hat on it--it could be a knob with no numbers and it wouldn't bother me so long as the vape keeps working like it does currently. The all-glass delivery is super nice. Overall, a well-built unit, and quiet for a forced-air vape. Certainly wouldn't compare this one to a cheap box vape, given what I've seen of those vapes.

As advertised, OTA and V-Rod, here's a before/after pic of my blue dream load this evening at 338 F. I ground up a chunk, loaded up a little over half in the wand, and the abv you see is next to what I didn't load. Thoughts?

photo1xu.jpg

Vapinghole,

Vapinghole

I'd say that's about right, V-Rod. Give or take a bit. When in the wand it's just about a full load (up to where the glass gets frosted).

Vapinghole,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm only on page 4 but this thread reads like a mystery novel. IMO if it uses a silicone tube it isn't GonG -- period, end of story!

Pappy,

Vapinghole

I'm only on page 4 but this thread reads like a mystery novel. IMO if it uses a silicone tube it isn't GonG -- period, end of story!

No mystery on my end! This thing rocks. Glass heating element to glass wand, then through steel screen and tubing. Maybe not pure GonG given the tube/screen, but more GonG than most others I've reviewed. Regardless, I taste nothing but my herb, through the entire load, and that's what matters most. Definitely the best vape I've tried to date. Beats the SSV and VHW, IMO. I haven't tried the EQ, but almost bought it instead of the viVape. Very happy with my choice. But... can't wait for my HI and VXC to round out my collection!! Woo hoo!!!!

Vapinghole,

Pappy

shmaporist
No mystery on my end! This thing rocks. Glass heating element to glass wand, then through steel screen and tubing. Maybe not pure GonG given the tube/screen, but more GonG than most others I've reviewed. Regardless, I taste nothing but my herb, through the entire load, and that's what matters most. Definitely the best vape I've tried to date. Beats the SSV and VHW, IMO. I haven't tried the EQ, but almost bought it instead of the viVape. Very happy with my choice. But... can't wait for my HI and VXC to round out my collection!! Woo hoo!!!!
I appreciate your enthusiastic review of Vivape and note you preordered a VXC. I use a Q and DBV, both whip vapes. The DBV has a longer wand and I need to replace its 2 foot silicone tube every 9 days according to my hygienic standards. The Q's smaller elbow soils the silicone every 6 days and requires replacement. 2 Comments...

1) The specific reason I ordered a VXC is it's truly the first GonG vape (ELB screen aside). The vapor doesn't pass through a bag or silicone tube which is most important to me. The fact I need to replace silicone tubing every 6 to 9 days speaks volumes to the fact that silicone is an extraneous element the vapor must come in contact with and pass through before it enters your system.

2) Besides being a nonessential non glass vaporizer part, silicone tubing presents a hidden vaporizing cost. 100 feet of tubing at a buck a pop plus shipping equals over $100 a year to maintain and use vapes like the Q, DBV, and ViVape.

Vapinghole

Good comments, Pappy. And I'm looking forward to the VXC for the same reason as you. Truly GonG. I also am looking forward to the ELB, which apparently vapes so no stirring is needed. The one drag (pun intended) with my viVape and similar vapes is that I need to stir between hits for max efficiency and taste. Not a huge deal, really. I've read the VXC doesn't need stirring.

Your point #2 is most valid and something I didn't consider. Also a cost I won't need to incur with the HI and VXC.

I do love my viVape and can be over zealous in my comments sometimes, I realize. It will always have a place in my vaping heart.

Vapinghole,

Dab Rite

Company Rep
Hi FC Forum Members,

Rather than starting a new thread we'll jump in this one, better late than never right?

Just wanted to formally and officially establish a presence here! This is a well-respected community full of industry veterans and new users alike and we'd like to make ourselves available for any questions / comments you may have. We ask that you please keep it constructive as we're here for the long-haul.

As some of you may know, our tabletop unit, the viVape, is currently available and our portable unit, the miVape, is nearing pre-production testing and battery optimization. We are here to answer any and all questions you have about these units as well as our accessories.

We appreciate the feedback this community has to offer!

Happy Vaping!

Your Friends at Vaporfection

Vapinghole

Mods - My apologies, but I wasn't able to edit my previous post, and I'm sorry if you need to combine or otherwise spend time dealing with my double post.

However, I wanted to share a video of my viVape with my new glass piece (Headford Inline Bubbler), since there aren't many viVape vids from forum members. This is a blue dream load.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
It shows the video as private vapinghole. I'm interested to see some more videos of the Vivape.

Gonzo,

Vapinghole

Impressive cloud man :drool:

Thanks! I quite enjoyed it. :ko: I get about 6 of those hits out of one full load, maybe 7 or 8, all tasty with a bit of fade towards the end. Loves me some blue dream!

That was my first hit from a freshly-ground load. The second hit is after it has dried a bit and subsequent clouds are even thicker. I'm known for my lung capacity, and when I get better at vids (and don't need to be discreet by blowing into a fan), I'll show some additional clouding. :brow:

Vapinghole,

V-RodVapors4U

Hello vaporfection and welcome. Question, when or how often should the whip tube be replaced?
Cool Vid. Nice vapor stream.

V-RodVapors4U,

Vapinghole

Hello vaporfection and welcome. Question, when or how often should the whip tube be replaced?
Cool Vid. Nice vapor stream.

V-Rod - I can't speak for Vaporfection. But as for me, I give my tube a quick ISO rinse every week or so (not soak). I've had my viVape for about 3 months and have replaced the whip tubing once. I purchased some extra tubing from vape world, as I'm a bit OCD about keeping shit clean and like to have clean tubing on hand if mine gets too nasty. It also depends on how much you use it.

Cheers!

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom