Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
weedandbombs said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
weedandbombs said:
Hey all, I did a review for this... and although I agree on the force air part - I have only been using this with the bag so I haven't been "losing meds" - I make sure to close the valve off and remove the whip from the vape as soon as i'm done filling the bag.

For what it is, I do like it, though. My review is here:
http://vimeo.com/37037774

Hey Linda, glad to see you on here.

Glad to be here :) Hope to learn a bit more than I already know and see what other vapes people are looking into so I can get some more reviews up :)

@Linda. Also glad you liked the ViVape, i know you're not a spring hen to vaporizing, so the little input you have given is helpful. I am hopeful that the Vi is not all gimmick touchscreens now, and am happy and surprised most seem to be enjoying the Vi for the most part. Hey CannaHound, where you go?
You joining us here had me viewing your website for the first time, worked well as exposure for you too. Have seen 2 or 3 of your videos at one time or another, remembering the Solo and i think MFLB for sure. Nice to get a female perspective.

Have you seen the VapeXhale Cloud thread yet? A lot of crap to fish though right now but as a beta tester i can tell you this vape is the shit, and will totally change the vape market in the future. i have tried over 20 vapes before, and have bought around 12 so i do have some experience to start from. Good luck with your new plethora of info here at FC and look forward to further contributions from you.

IAmKrazy2,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
IAmKrazy2 said:
@Linda. Also glad you liked the ViVape, i know you're not a spring hen to vaporizing, so the little input you have given is helpful. I am hopeful that the Vi is not all gimmick touchscreens now, and am happy and surprised most seem to be enjoying the Vi for the most part.

@IAmKrazy2 - As you may know, I'm new to vaporizing (though I combusted herb for 20+ years prior). I have much to learn about vaporizing and I realize my comments may not carry much weight with the experienced folks--heck, I don't even know how much I don't know yet. But I'm very particular about what I use, and I'm comfortable offering my view that the viVape is a solid machine and not solely reliant on a touchscreen gimmick. With that in mind, the touch screen is a nice, well, touch. But I'm far more impressed with the ease of use and consistent, tasty experience I get. If it didn't have a touch screen, I'd still be impressed. Frankly, I think Vaporfection makes too much of a big deal about the touchscreen relative to what it is, though I realize it's a competitive market and they want to separate themselves.

I set it at 335 F, using the whip and a small Aqua Vape (which rocks, by the way). My bowls taste great all the way through, my hits/clouds are large, and my loads are fully vaped, so long as I stir. I will say that, having closely followed the VXC thread and also having pre-ordered one, I'm very much looking forward to loads I can fully vape without stirring. Stirring is kind of a drag, but it leads to a thoroughly vaped wand for me with the viVape (and a thoroughly vaked me :lol:).

Two weeks of heavy use and my wife and I are simply chuffed about this vape.

Edit: I'll add that I ordered Vaporfection's $60 case for the viVape, and it's not very good. Yes, it protects the unit and glass accessories, but it's not a good design, in my view.

Cheers!
:peace:

Vapinghole,

Vapinghole

Here's a dandy setup: Purple Kush through the viVape/Aqua Vape combo. 335 F and it's oh so tasty. Chuck a little kief on top and it's off the charts. Good stuff, I must say.

image1dly.jpg

:peace:

Vapinghole,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey everyone, new to the site but thought I would give this vape a review. I own the classic volcano, the original iolite, the wispr, the silver surfer a couple broken vapirs, and most recently I bought the vivape in january.

All I have to say regarding the vivape is wow! It is seriously the best vaporizer I have ever used and if you have the money I would definetly recommend this vaporizer over all the others. It heats up extremely quickly (around 2 minutes sometimes less) and stays at the set temperature the entire time. The touch screen and sleep timer are also great additions. Also, the fan is extremely quiet...literally the same volume as the fan on my macbook and you can not hear it from the next room.

Okay so as far as ease of use and efficiency it is probably the best vaporizer I have ever used. That being said, I bought the vaporizer in the beginning of January. My first unit i knocked the air chamber out place (my fault). Customer service was really great, except i was not allowed to purchase the 24 hour replacement warranty because i already reported the problem. They did ship me a replacement exactly a week after they got it and the replacement was brand new in the box with an additional set of accesories. Purchased the 24 hour replacement warranty and the new ones heating element died a month after i recieved it. They got the unit on tuesday, i didnt hear anything on wednesday so i emaled them and they called right back and were very sorry for the inconvenience and overnighted a new unit to me.

While it has been frustrating dealing with two broken units in two months, i would not let this discourage you from buying it, the customer service is the best I have dealt with (i sent my 4th broken wispr back and still have not heard any word about my replacemnt 4 weeks after i sent it)

feel free to ask any questions and illtry and answer.

Mynameismud,

Vapinghole

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the viVape. I'm really digging mine too.

Vapinghole,

scrog

I love my viVape too :D
I also got the Aquavape which helps to keep my throat and lungs feeling good even with excessive vaping especially with higher temps (above 200 degrees celcius).

scrog,

Vapinghole

scrog - have you tried lower temps with the viVape yet? I'm REALLY digging the 335 F setting (Vaporfection-recommended setting), though I'll go to 360 F sometimes just for kicks and giggles. After just over a month of heavy viVape use, I can say it does the job quite nicely and fuels my enthusiasm for vaporizing. It's clean, reliable, heats up quickly, it's quiet, and while it's light it still feels solid. Love it. :nod:

As I imagine is the case with most vaporizers, a clean screen is essential. Apart from that, it's relatively maintenance free. The whip tubing gets smelly, but I close up the ends in a plastic bag when not in use to decrease the smell factor (need to be discreet).

Vapinghole,

V-RodVapors4U

Highly recommend . Bought in jan. no problems. Awaiting the mivape I preordered.
Use it often at 395, but usually at 385. I may try it at some lower temps to see if it is as satisfying.
Tokin since 74, but vaping anew since Jan. love it.

V-RodVapors4U,
Reactions: ilovebOObs
I bought it and was loving it. I ordered it on the 24th of February. Received it on March 5th or 6th. Went to use it tonight march 22nd at 10:30pm and R.I.P. it no longer heats. Very disappointing to say the least especially now that I have read there warranty and I will have to pay the return shipping to fix it.

hillbilly75,

V-RodVapors4U

That sucks, keep us posted as to the customer service your given. I for one would like to know what to expect in the future.
Tanks.

V-RodVapors4U,

Kaptan

I bought it and was loving it. I ordered it on the 24th of February. Received it on March 5th or 6th. Went to use it tonight march 22nd at 10:30pm and R.I.P. it no longer heats. Very disappointing to say the least especially now that I have read there warranty and I will have to pay the return shipping to fix it.

I would pressure the company to pay shipping both ways as the unit only worked for 2 weeks. Good luck.

Kaptan,

Vapinghole

Sorry to hear. My experience with customer service has been very good (had to return my Aqua Vape). I've had no problems with my viVape, and I'm going on 1 1/2 months of heavy use. I've nailed my sweet spot @ 338 F through my bong. Gives me consistent, thick, tasty vapor hits.

Vapinghole,
My unit arrived last Tuesday March 27th at vaporfection. Hopefully I hear something soon as to what was wrong with it and if they are going to fix it.

hillbilly75,
Hey guys! I'm new to the site so, sorry if i'm not welcomed here. But, I own a Magic Flight, and I just purchased a Vaporfection Vivape. I paid $300 at our local headshop in Minnesota. Overall, the aesthetics of the unit are great, it is sleek and clean looking and seems to be made out of durable materials. It doesn't really require too much herb to fill up the bowl, which is great. The bag feature worked very well, but I didn't like the whip method as much because I didn't think it produced enough vapor. I was trying to test temps between 350-375. Is that the ideal temp?
I also purchased a water pipe attachment. I have one with my MFLB and I love it, so I'm excited to use it with the Vivape.

Vapor4LIfe,

Vapinghole

Hey guys! I'm new to the site so, sorry if i'm not welcomed here. But, I own a Magic Flight, and I just purchased a Vaporfection Vivape. I paid $300 at our local headshop in Minnesota. Overall, the aesthetics of the unit are great, it is sleek and clean looking and seems to be made out of durable materials. It doesn't really require too much herb to fill up the bowl, which is great. The bag feature worked very well, but I didn't like the whip method as much because I didn't think it produced enough vapor. I was trying to test temps between 350-375. Is that the ideal temp?
I also purchased a water pipe attachment. I have one with my MFLB and I love it, so I'm excited to use it with the Vivape.

Hi there!

As you can see, I'm a low-temp hempist, so my sweet spot is 338 F. But you should be fine with the 350-375 range--it really depends on your preference. I'd suggest starting low and working your way up to your ideal temp. Besides, testing different temps is fun! :ko: And I only use the whip, which is what you'll need to do if you want to use your glass/water. Since it's just me and my wife, the bag wastes too much good stuff since it has more time to stick to the bag. Keep trying with the whip--I get huge clouds using through my glass bong (I'll try to post a vid soon).

I too have an adapter so I can use my glass/water/ice with the viVape and highly suggest one. It's a great experience--nothing but sweet herb vapor taste all the way through the load. After two months of heavy use, I LOVE my viVape! :tup:

Vapinghole,

V-RodVapors4U

Vapor4life
I'm with ya on the ViVape. But learn to use the whip. I vape at 385 to 395. I get beautiful vapors. On occasion cranked her up to 425 ( usually late at night). I addition I got a tip from this site somewhere. I bloww my whip vapor into the bag for later use as 2nd hand. It works. I save a lot of waste. Good machine.
Shit I canceled my MiVape order for now. Let us know how dat works out.

V-RodVapors4U,
Reactions: Vapinghole

V-RodVapors4U

Does anyone else have a hard time getting a dark brown duff after vaping? Mine seems to be a yellowish tan, maybe only slightly darker at higher temps. But not the deep dark brown my whispr developes.

V-RodVapors4U,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have no experience with the ViVape at all and I'm not sure how hot it can go, but have you tried slowing down your draw-speed on high temps?

Vapinghole

Does anyone else have a hard time getting a dark brown duff after vaping? Mine seems to be a yellowish tan, maybe only slightly darker at higher temps. But not the deep dark brown my whispr developes.

My abv gets nicely brown, and I vape low-ish temp. It's possible your draw speed has something to do with it, even though it's a forced-air vape. Try cleaning your screen. I found that very frequent iso rinses keep the experience consistent and good as new. Also, ensure you stir the load after each hit. Kinda cumbersome, but worth it. Let me know how that goes.

Vapinghole,

Vapebro

Hey everyone, long time forum viewer but just decided to make an account due to some insider info. My buddy just got 20% off his order by typing in medcom20 as a promo in case any of you guys were interested, hope this helps.

Vapebro,

V-RodVapors4U

I think you can put not enough in the bowl of the ViVape. It's like it doesn't cook it enough. If I put more in it the duff gets darker . Hmmm, too much air gliding past the substance without contact?

V-RodVapors4U,
Top Bottom