Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

VapeSpace

Willuminati said:
I have had my VB for over a year now and could not be happier I also own the MFLB and would rather use the VB other vapes I have used all seem to come too close to burning the materials mine is set on between 9 and 10 o'clock and stays on all day VB customer service is great I called ordered parts with no problems the CSR told me soon all hands free models will be shipped with EZChange whip kit.

Looks like he was correct. The EZ Change Whip shipping with the hands free models have a ceramic handle and mouthpiece? Crazy. The sites says that the ceramic is stronger than glass, that would be a great thing for the mouthpiece. I've broke several over time from people letting the hose drop or swing around. Although with the white ceramic handle you won't see the vapor until it hits the hose.

What's with all the price increases? :/ Both Magic Flight and Vaporbrothers have raised their prices this month. I guess it's a sign of the times. I just hope VB increases their inventory as I've been waiting to order a few parts that have been out of stock for a while now. :|

VapeSpace,

blackbur

I also noticed that..the price went up by atleast $100..2 years ago i got my handsfree coffee for 171.99.
:ninja:

blackbur,

max

Out to lunch
What's with all the price increases? Both Magic Flight and Vaporbrothers have raised their prices this month. I guess it's a sign of the times.
It's a sign of the times for consumer prices going up on a lot of products (been grocery shopping lately?). The economy still sucks. As for two vape makers raising prices this month, it's more of a coincidence, I'd say.

I can deal with the MF increase better than the VB. The LB really isn't cheap to produce, especially when you consider what comes with it. IMO Vapor Bros has priced themselves out of consideration for a box vape purchase. I can't see paying $65 more for a VB, vs a $169 VaporBox or VaporCannon 3G. And it's $45 more than the list price for a DBV, which I'd choose over any wooden box vape. VB seems to be going the way of S&B and the overpriced Volcano models- cashing in on a reputation that's way out of date.

max,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
You're right max. While I used to defend the vaporbrothers but I'm done now. I do believe the vaporbrothers is a step up from other box vapes. It is 100% ROHS compliant and made in USA. That's why I bought it over other vaporizers, it made me feel safe and it was a resonable price. 2 years ago I got mine for 150 and it has served me well for a long time. However this is ridiculous. 240 for black coffee? You can get a SSV for 30 dollars more and the SSV has a 3 year warranty and more free accesories. They are doing exactly what you said max. Cashing in on those who didn't do their research and see many vaporbros adverts on websites and youtube. Hopefully people will come to FC before they get a VB and have buyers remorse.

wowthisisrandom,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
wowthisisrandom said:
It is 100% ROHS compliant and made in USA.
Not sure how it can be 100 ROHS compliant. Have you seen the chemical list for the plywood it's made out of? Is the plywood sourced in China?

ACE OF VAPE,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Hey man I'm going by the site. It says "We abide by RoHS standards for your safety". Just because something is made in china doesn't mean it can't be rohs compliant. The dbv is made in china and assembled in USA but it is obvious it has a clear air path. Just wondering where did you hear about the plywood used in VBs? My VB doesn't look like plywood it looks like regular wood. And its not like the wood is used as a heating element so even if it does have chemicals in the wood how would these chemicals end up in your airpath? With all this said though if I had a choice now I would get a dbv or ssv especially with the price raise on the VB.

wowthisisrandom,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Look closely at the clear VB. See the layers of wood? Yours may not look like layers cause it's probably stained then clear-coated. Do you know what's in the stain? How about the clear coat? How about the black Paint inside by the heating element? All these V.O.C's (Volatile organic compounds release vapor)(A.K.A outgassing) It's not always about what they say, it may also be about what the site doesn't say. If they use organic, formaldehyde free plywood, maybe they should mention that. Same with the finishes.

ACE OF VAPE,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I totally agree. Advertisers often leave out pertinent facts. However, I don't believe that the temperatures the vaporbrothers reaches could cause outgassing of these materials, considering their distance from the heater. And I'm still not sure what your saying. Even if there is outgassing of these materials, if they're not in the airpath how does it effect you? You probably inhale more toxins sitting in traffic with the window open. This makes me want to email VB and ask them these questions. I think I'll just play it safe now and use my PD anyways.

Edit: okay I sent them an email about their finishes, the heater angle, the air intake, the safety of the vape and their statement of rohs compliance, and about their price increase. While they will probably not answer my questions it was worth a try.

wowthisisrandom,

VapeSpace

max said:
I can deal with the MF increase better than the VB. The LB really isn't cheap to produce, especially when you consider what comes with it. IMO Vapor Bros has priced themselves out of consideration for a box vape purchase. I can't see paying $65 more for a VB, vs a $169 VaporBox or VaporCannon 3G. And it's $45 more than the list price for a DBV, which I'd choose over any wooden box vape. VB seems to be going the way of S&B and the overpriced Volcano models- cashing in on a reputation that's way out of date.

I would have to disagree with you here Max. In the over 5 years I've had my Vaporbrothers, unlike S&B, VB has made several changes, additions, and improvements to their products. The volcano still uses an aluminum element and S&B has not released any new upgrades or improvements in several years (the last one that comes to mind is the digital volcano).

My original heat element was the metal coil inside the glass. After VB released their ceramic element, they kindly replaced the old element for me. Also VB's easy change whip is far better (IMHO) than the other box brands that use glue and metal for the tip removal. I purchased this whip by mistake and could not believe the amount of glue used to hold the metal to the glass. Apparently they have even made some slight changes to the easy change whip now shipping with the new vaporizers. Supposedly the ceramic mouthpiece and handles are more durable than their glass counterparts (according to the VW site). So it's a bit unfair to say they are cashing in on their reputation when they continue to try and improve their product line.

As for the debate about their wood, I have no clue what kind of wood they are using but the update on the VW site says "Wood box handcrafted in the U.S.A.". Sounds to me like they are using wood from the U.S. I'd be willing to bet that VaporCannon or Box are not made in the U.S. I've compared both those vapes as well as the Easy Vape and I think Vaporbrothers makes a much nicer box. The others felt like something I made in wood shop back in the 8th grade. It would be nice if the person from VB would stop by to clarify some of these issues.

While I agree that the new prices are a bit steep, I'm not going to bash Vaporbrothers because in all the years I've owned one I've been more than happy with it.

VapeSpace,

VapeSpace

jeffp said:
$155 with shipping and I've seen these even cheaper on Ebay. Works just as well as the VB and has its own next generation wand and a lifetime warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vapor-Box-Hands...042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c5477d22

That link has a Vaporbrothers unit pictured in it. When the poor fool buying that vape is going to end up with a cheap Chinese knockoff. I've had friends buy those after using my Vaporbrothers only to have it die in less than 2 months. Try getting warranty covered on those. Let alone who knows what toxins you are inhaling from those knockoffs.

VapeSpace,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I agree that the VB is a big step above other boxes. There's no way I'd trade my VB for something like a SSV ATM. I love it and it has served me well. I remember when I spilled some water down the heating element by accident (stupid homemade water tools) they gladly repaired it and their customer service was great. However if I was recommending a new vaporizer for someone I'd probably say an ssv. I mean I just can't justify the price simply for the ceramic screen & mouthpiece. Is there that much a difference in taste/durability? Plus the SSV's air intake doesn't go through the electronics like the VB. And the SSV is made out of aluminum instead of wood. Trust me if the VB was still like 150 I'd still be recommending it, but not anymore. An SSV is only 30 dollars more than a VB.

wowthisisrandom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
VapeSpace said:
jeffp said:
$155 with shipping and I've seen these even cheaper on Ebay. Works just as well as the VB and has its own next generation wand and a lifetime warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vapor-Box-Hands...042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c5477d22

That link has a Vaporbrothers unit pictured in it. When the poor fool buying that vape is going to end up with a cheap Chinese knockoff. I've had friends buy those after using my Vaporbrothers only to have it die in less than 2 months. Try getting warranty covered on those. Let alone who knows what toxins you are inhaling from those knockoffs.

Yes, the photo is a VB, however the VBox is actually made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty through vaporstore. I own and operate both and like them equally.
There are slight performance differences, the VB hits a little smoother and the VBox hits a little heavier or wider. Both companies are excellent regarding warranty service; I
can say from personal experience. The VBox is a refinement of the legendary VaporWarez and as such has a separate on off switch allowing the user to retain their preferred temp
setting upon startup. The VB glass may be of slightly higher quality. Both wands are two pieces for easy screen change but the designs are different.

I love my Vaporbrothers and in fact I used it last night, and the night before. I might even use it tonight. But in my opinion regarding the VBox, the only "poor fool" is the Ebay seller who posted the wrong vaporizer on his ad. Otherwise it's a great deal on a very high quality vaporizer.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
wowthisisrandom said:
I agree that the VB is a big step above other boxes. There's no way I'd trade my VB for something like a SSV ATM. I love it and it has served me well. I remember when I spilled some water down the heating element by accident (stupid homemade water tools) they gladly repaired it and their customer service was great. However if I was recommending a new vaporizer for someone I'd probably say an ssv. I mean I just can't justify the price simply for the ceramic screen & mouthpiece. Is there that much a difference in taste/durability? Plus the SSV's air intake doesn't go through the electronics like the VB. And the SSV is made out of aluminum instead of wood. Trust me if the VB was still like 150 I'd still be recommending it, but not anymore. An SSV is only 30 dollars more than a VB.

Agreed on all counts. Plus the SSV has the reverse heater angle which is very significant. Prices being nearly equal, the SSV is a wholly better choice.

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
VapeSpace said:
jeffp said:

Generic cheapies aren't $140. They're well under $100-most $40-60. This particular auction says it's a Vapor Box, but the 2 yr. warranty listed makes no sense if that's what it is. There's no 2 yrs. on any part of the Vapor Box-lifetime on the element only. The description calls it a Hot Box, which it clearly isn't. So it's unclear what model this guy is selling.

max,

max

Out to lunch
^ The VaporBox is certainly a good (and cheaper) option to the VB. Vaporstore also has the VaporCannon 3G at the same price. I think a price range of about $140-170 (depending on standard or HF) is good for a box vape. Over that (especially $200+) I just can't see it. DBV prices, either with FC discounts or on eBay, are just too attractive IMO.

max,

VapeSpace

jeffp said:
Yes, the photo is a VB, however the VBox is actually made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty through vaporstore.

Problem with that listing is if the seller can't even get the photo right, how do we know he/she doesn't just mean it's a box style vaporizer? It may be a vapor box but is it the "Vapor Box"? That seller is selling one of the Volcano knock-offs. I've been burned in the past with Ebay so I would approach that item with caution.

As for the VB vs. SSV, definitely no debate there. When I purchased my VB several years ago I wasn't impressed with the SSV, however as a SSV has come a long way and I am very impressed with what I see now. If I were taking the plunge today I too would probably end up with a SSV. I really like all of the custom options they offer.

VapeSpace,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
VapeSpace look at my recent post clarifying the Ebay link that has the correct photo and accurate description and lower price.
Not sure what you mean re the SSV coming a long way. Yes, there's more options but the original standard; I've had one for three years and I'll tell you man, it packs
a punch like no other. I personally like the non hands free aspect of the original SSV - you get to clear each hit and you have more control (you can twirl around the wand, etc.).
For sheer laziness I prefer the VaporBrothers (hands free) even though I find it of value to prop up the back end of the unit using a mousepad with wrist support (the back end of the unit
is raised by the wrist support pad fairly leveling the unit to the wand and the pad provides stability).

dac-mp123-mousepad-wrist-support.jpg

jeffp,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
This thread has had more activity with the recent price increase by vaporbrothers. I have to say that when I bought one last summer I was under the impression that it was one of the best vaporizers out there, it certainly holds up to its reputation and delivers tasty hits again and again, and theres something to be said for their customer service, reliability, and good warranty services. My element broke after I spilled bong water on my weed, and instead of throwing it out or letting it dry, i decided to pack it in the whip and shove it on the element. A lot of steam and vapor resulted, but this left a crack in the element, a few months later it broke off. With no questions whatsoever, I was able to ship my unit from Boston to California and get it back within a week, shipping time included! Their customer service is great, and their product delivers, sure the price increase isn't good, but their probably losing customers now as they aren't talked about a lot on here, vaporizer HQ, and many more people have SSV's and DBV's. To me it seems the only way they can survive is if they come out with a new model soon, maybe with digital or bag blowing capabilities inside a nice box frame. For me this vape continues to deliver, and I have the peace of mind that im only inhaling what I put in the whip.

Just my :2c: :)

As for the heating element angle, sure it can be very annoying, but I feel like thats something inherently wrong with box vapes, not just the VB. If the element were pointed down it would fall off, where as pointing up ensures it stays on the unit albeit making it hard for weed to stick to the screen.

Sorry to rampantly defend VB, theres plenty of other vapes I would love to own, just to lazy to buy :)

PhishCactus,

VapeSpace

jeffp said:
VapeSpace look at my recent post clarifying the Ebay link that has the correct photo and accurate description and lower price.
Not sure what you mean re the SSV coming a long way. Yes, there's more options but the original standard; I've had one for three years and I'll tell you man, it packs
a punch like no other. I personally like the non hands free aspect of the original SSV - you get to clear each hit and you have more control (you can twirl around the wand, etc.).
For sheer laziness I prefer the VaporBrothers (hands free) even though I find it of value to prop up the back end of the unit using a mousepad with wrist support (the back end of the unit
is raised by the wrist support pad fairly leveling the unit to the wand and the pad provides stability).

http://www.speedystationery.com.au/thumbs/dac-mp123-mousepad-wrist-support.jpg

The guy that introduced me to vaping was a bit of a mad scientist. The first time he got me vaped, he pulled out this box of various vaporizers that he had taken apart and dissected (oh to have the money that hobby costs). He must have had an early SSV because it seemed pretty poorly made compared to the model floating around today. that was a big reason why I chose Vaporbrothers over SSV back then.

I hear you about the standard method. I use a standard whip on my VB Hands Free. It's nice to have the option to use either style but I definitely prefer the standard to hands free method. With the SSV, can you use a standard whip on the hands free model without having to change anything like you can with the VB? From what I can gather it seems that you have to change out the heater cover. I'm thinking about adding another vape to my collection in the coming months and wouldn't mind having a customized SSV.

VapeSpace,

TMNT556

Hello, brand new to FC, and fairly new to vaping. Been smoking the better part of the last 6 years, and it's taken a toll on my lungs. I'm looking to buy a VaporBrothers vape, after researching several others in the same price range I have decided I would like to go with VB. After shopping around, I have found this: https://www.allstarwholesales.com/vapor_brothers_natural.php

Can anyone tell me what causes the price difference between the one listed at allstarwholesales, and the VBs for sale at the official store? ( http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-handsfree-vaporizer.html ). At first I thought it was an older model but was relieved to see it had the ceramic heating element. So what else could it be?

Sorry for the lengthy post, like my thoughts to be clear.

happy vaping
Thanks in advance,
TMNT

TMNT556,

mrfloopa

Vappy
TMNT556 said:
Can anyone tell me what causes the price difference between the one listed at allstarwholesales, and the VBs for sale at the official store? ( http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-handsfree-vaporizer.html ).

I am not entirely sure about that specific website, but the official prices recently went up. In my opinion, the new price is entirely unjustifiable, and at this price point there are definitely better options such as DBV and now even the SSV. Heck, even the HerbalAire and EQ, which can do more than just whip.

The extremely recent price change is probably why there is a discrepancy. If it is the official VB unit, they can probably get away with selling it that cheap because that is what they bought and intended to sell the units at, and continue to do so because they recognize nobody wants to pay $240+ for that particular unit.

mrfloopa,

max

Out to lunch
Can anyone tell me what causes the price difference between the one listed at allstarwholesales, and the VBs for sale at the official store?
They bought at the previous, cheaper price, so they're selling at the previous retail price. When they buy more, at the higher wholesale price, they'll have to resell at the new, higher retail price. You can save another $10 by buying from the same company on eBay- eBay price

max,

VapeSpace

TMNT556 said:
Hello, brand new to FC, and fairly new to vaping. Been smoking the better part of the last 6 years, and it's taken a toll on my lungs. I'm looking to buy a VaporBrothers vape, after researching several others in the same price range I have decided I would like to go with VB. After shopping around, I have found this: https://www.allstarwholesales.com/vapor_brothers_natural.php

Can anyone tell me what causes the price difference between the one listed at allstarwholesales, and the VBs for sale at the official store? ( http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporbrothers-handsfree-vaporizer.html ). At first I thought it was an older model but was relieved to see it had the ceramic heating element. So what else could it be?

Sorry for the lengthy post, like my thoughts to be clear.

happy vaping
Thanks in advance,
TMNT

Doesn't look like that AllStarWhole listing has the new ceramic EZ Change Whip.

VapeSpace,
Top Bottom