• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's a great stoner desktop! It's all there.... The vape, whip, glass, 2 grinders, homemade sploof and even FC on the computer monitor in the background. :cool:

Stu,

trill

What's up folks! My roommate bought a Vaporbrothers (hands-free) last week, and we're loving it. It's extremely efficient, which is important since we live in an area where quality herb is expensive and rare. It's our first vape, so it took about three days to get the hang of it, and we're still fine-tuning our technique and temperature. I've already noticed a significant difference in my respiratory health - way less congestion at night and when I wake up in the morning.

Current setting is ~11:30 w/ some fresh Golden Buddha :cool:

Planning on picking up a water pipe adapter soon - any recommendations (19mm glass-on-glass)? Also considering the MagicFlight Launch Box so I can vape on the go.

This forum is excellent, btw. The reviews threads helped us out a lot in our search for a quality unit.

trill,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Vapor bro's set up, really too much work to use consistently, as you can't really clear the juice container, and I always like to clear the bong, and the wand, after every hit. But i know everybody likes pictures, so here!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

usually these would both be packed with ice, and lemme tell you this gives the most icy hit ever!

PhishCactus,
VaporBrothers EZ Change Whip Kit

I just replaced my handsfree VB after my old one got confiscated. I had the EZ Change Whip kit with my old one, and I've been looking for a replacement for that too, but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know why this is, or someplace where I could pick one up?

CAPTAIN BAMF,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
CAPTAIN BAMF said:
VaporBrothers EZ Change Whip Kit

I just replaced my handsfree VB after my old one got confiscated. I had the EZ Change Whip kit with my old one, and I've been looking for a replacement for that too, but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know why this is, or someplace where I could pick one up?

Looks like you're going to have to wait - seems to be on back order everywhere.
I love the EZ change whip - very happy owner.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Used VBs go for about $70; your friend seems to be a bit of a.....I mean to only knock off $20 on a used unit....I don't know what the word is, but it's not good.
Why so much money? Does he have the upgraded EZ change whip to include in the deal?
New is best but if you're patient you can find a used VB on craigslist and save a lot more money.
The thing that's great about VBs as a company is that they'll happily repair a used unit for about $30 which includes a new heater and internals.

jeffp,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
HiPi,

reloader

jeffp said:
Used VBs go for about $70; your friend seems to be a bit of a.....I mean to only knock off $20 on a used unit....I don't know what the word is, but it's not good.
Why so much money? Does he have the upgraded EZ change whip to include in the deal?
New is best but if you're patient you can find a used VB on craigslist and save a lot more money.
The thing that's great about VBs as a company is that they'll happily repair a used unit for about $30 which includes a new heater and internals.

I think used VB's actually go for about $100 to $120. The older units with the older heating element go for about $50.

Like was said before me, $20 off a used unti isnt much. Buy a new one, because you can register it and have free reapir.

reloader,

truedef

unsure about my vapor brothers (merged)

When I first purchased my vapor brothers, it was wonderful. However it seems after about a years use I just don't get the same high or outcome from the vape. I feel like its maybe broken. I used to turn it to the 12 o clock position and keep it around their. Now it seems like it gets a lot hotter then it did before, my outcome of using the thing isn't as nice as the first time. And it has been some time since I vaped last so its not my tolerance.

One rip off my $600 tube gets me very high, however I feel I have to sit and use my vape for 20-30 to even get high. Any tips? I bought a new whip for it and the new ceramic filters just to get a new whip, and it doesn't seem to help any.

I have thought about buying an infrared temp gun so I can read the temp of the actual thing so I know what temp its at? I also feel sometimes like it irritates my throat more then it did when I first purchased it-Any tips?

truedef,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Well, I would start off by lowering the temperature. If, with time, the heating element does heat up more than it used to, you'll at least be able to compensate and hope that the temp is at least still regulated and doesn't continually heat up to infinity degrees. I don't think the vaporbro's would ever get that bad. Lowering where you put the knob would help reduce the irritation, and might make things a bit more enjoyable. Is it still under warranty?

As far as the high goes, it taking more time to get high is part of vaping. I am not sure how you define "high" vs "buzzed" etc, but one of the great things (in my opinion) about vaping is that you get to feel the climb, and aren't instantly high. I would say that 20-30 minutes is normal for me.

However, I would be worried if it takes 20-30 minutes and you are also going through much more herb than before. Vapes take a small amount of weed and turn it into a leisurely journey with better effects (per amount of herb) than combustion. If that part of the experience hasn't changed, I might not worry too much.

Edit: Although, if you're anything like my girlfriend, vaping just doesn't work for her.

mrfloopa,

truedef

How do the warranties for these go, I purchased it from a local head shop. I beleive I did register it on the vapor bros site about a year ago, but I am unsure. I haven't owned it for 2 years yet.

I will try using my vape again tonight at a lower temperature and report back, will I still have the same outcome effect if I start at a low temp and work my way up by changing the temp slightly?

truedef,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
buying an infrared temp gun

idk, you may have more success than i've had with the one i got. i just can't seem to get a reliable, consistent, accurate reading. evidently it has to be calibrated for the type of material being measured, which means you need an accurate thermometer. for example, glass is hard to read.

anyway, you could get a BBQ thermometer at Target/Amazon for about $15 that can read up to 300C.

Hippie Dickie,

truedef

Hippie Dickie said:
buying an infrared temp gun

idk, you may have more success than i've had with the one i got. i just can't seem to get a reliable, consistent, accurate reading. evidently it has to be calibrated for the type of material being measured, which means you need an accurate thermometer. for example, glass is hard to read.

anyway, you could get a BBQ thermometer at Target/Amazon for about $15 that can read up to 300C.
Reading the temp from the ceramic heating element that is surrounded in glass shouldn't be hard to get an appx reading?

truedef,

mrfloopa

Vappy
...will I still have the same outcome effect if I start at a low temp and work my way up by changing the temp slightly?

That is actually how most people figure out where to set their analog vapes (and cheaper digital vapes), so that would definitely work. The hotter it is, the more (i.e. different) cannabinoids are released. Just find a new place for you. Starting lower and working up will definitely take longer than you are used to, especially if 30 minutes seems like a long time. But when you find your sweet spot, I'm sure it will be worth it, and it should go much quicker next time around.

:2c: Perhaps somebody more experienced with the product or more experienced in general can offer more insight, but I don't think the heating element should have altered itself the way it did. I would still run a couple of tries to see if there is a problem that needs to be fixed, or if you can just lower the temperature. If there does turn out to be a real problem, the vaporbros website says 2 years warranty, so I would try contacting them.

Edit: Quote for clarity

mrfloopa,

GetVaked101

You could ship it in and see if anything is wrong and have them fix it. Don't they have a 2 year warranty where you only pay for shipping?

GetVaked101,

VapeSpace

truedef said:
unsure about my vapor brothers (merged)
Any tips? I bought a new whip for it and the new ceramic filters just to get a new whip, and it doesn't seem to help any.

Definitely try the other tips already mentioned. One thing I found using the ceramic screens is that the airflow is not as good as using the stainless steel screens. I quit using the ceramic screens because of this. Proper airflow is important and the ceramic screens just don't cut it for me. That's my tip :2c:

VapeSpace,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yea to be honest idk how much steel affects the taste. As for the guy who said it wasn't getting him high try packing lightly and holding it in longer gradually working up. Mine is very efficient and almost never lets me down.

wowthisisrandom,
Just wanted to update everyone on my broken VB hf whip.

I ended up contacting 7th Floor and then got in touch with Head Change distributors.

The best customer service I have every found in a long time. Tim offered to have one of his assistants call upon his customers to see if he could find a VB wand for me.

They were able to find a cracked on; so I opted for a Da Buddha Vaporizer. Best change I've ever made! The draw is magnanomous on this vape!:D

Tell Tim, I sent you! The are great to work with!

Really helpful to medicinal users.

Timothy J. Morrissey
c.e.o Head Change Distributors
576 York St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
tim@headchangedistributors.com

president. Dime Bags
1323 Paonia St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Tel: 719-571-9519

www.HeadChangeDistributors.com
www.DimeBagsStorage.com

CharDoogie,

blackbur

has anyone used the big or small vapor brother steamers? the vapor steamrollers?

blackbur,

Hammock Guru

Another question;

Got vaped. Got sloppy. Dropped my whip.

I've been searching online for a replacement handsfree whip for my VB, but everybody seems "sold out" or "back ordered". I'm impatient.

Are there any other whip manufacturers whose product is compatible? Some look exactly the same, but.... Anyone know offhand what the diameter of the VB's heating element is in millimeters?

Thanks,
HG

Hammock Guru,
I have had my VB for over a year now and could not be happier I also own the MFLB and would rather use the VB other vapes I have used all seem to come too close to burning the materials mine is set on between 9 and 10 o'clock and stays on all day VB customer service is great I called ordered parts with no problems the CSR told me soon all hands free models will be shipped with EZChange whip kit.

Willuminati,
Top Bottom