Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

sunsett70

can anyone tell me why the price for the miniscreens can be so different. of course the vaporbrothers is branded http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/miniscreen.html

but is the quality of this at ebay any worse?
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-FINE-MESH-6...927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519641f4f7

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Stainless-S...991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519641f537

mod, i am not trying to sell anything, please adjust the post accordingly if i am making error. just want to know if the big price difference = quality difference as well. anybody can comment?

sunsett70,

max

Out to lunch
Not surprising that there's this kind of price difference. Screens are cheap in quantity when you can find 'em and $3 for a 10 pack at retail is also typical. I'd go for one of the eBay deals.

max,

reloader

I got a pack of screens from Vaporwarehouse. But it seems like a good deal on E-bay to. I dont think you will go wrong either way.

reloader,

laoxinat

Hi vaporists! I've had my VB for about 5 years now and I LOVE it. I am however, ready for a hydrator. Both the huz and I have neuro problems, so we want something very stable. The VB hydrator looks to me like anything but, so I think I'm passing on that one. However, I do love the ehle 100ml with ice catchers. I'm curious about its stability, and I am wondering though what I would need, if anything, as an adapter. Can you just stick the tube end into/over the top of the downstem? From the pix that are on the web it looks like you can just take out the bowl to do this. Is that correct? This is the one: http://weedsmokersguide.com/ehle-bongs-100ml/ Anyone ever shopped with this company? (yes, I will go do a search lol) Happycamper, I see you have one of these, what do you think?... I'm really glad to see this thread. I too wish VBs would reconfigure this unit, it seems such a no brainer that the heating element should be level, or better yet, IMO, angled down. Perhaps this would present a problem for the hands-free unit, but for the manual it makes more sense. I just keep mine propped up against the wall behind the dresser where it lives. We are constantly trying to find an already-made device that would hold the unit at the correct angle and even thought about coming up with something as an after-market hack lol. I am going to go to the office supply store today, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm going to keep doing research, but I'm pretty ready to buy as soon as I have a few things cleared up. I'd appreciate any input!

And to purpleberry, I have been a hospice volunteer for several years, please feel free to pm me if you want to talk, buddy.

laoxinat,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
laoxinat said:
This is the one: http://weedsmokersguide.com/ehle-bongs-100ml/ Anyone ever shopped with this company?

They are an affiliate of everyonedoesit.com which used to advertise here. I've personaly purchased (albeit directly) many times from everyonedoesit and have always had good service.

edit: and I have a 100ml ehle and they rock. Used to think it was too small but nowadays i think they are perfect for vapor. I recommend you get the ehle multi hole diffuser (or some beads) with it too. Cuts down on the chug factor.

Skunkypete,

laoxinat

Thanks, Pete. I would really like to find a dealer that's in the US or Canada, I don't want to wait :lol:
ETA: Also considering one of the molino minis. They seem like they'd be a little more stable, though certainly don't have ice catchers nor the water capacity....:doh: < Every time I go to a new site I look like this lol.

laoxinat,

laoxinat

Okay call me Ms. Impatient :rofl: I just ordered the Ehle 100 and an SSV bong adapter :D CAN'T WAIT!!! The only potential issue I can see is a possible adapter/stem mismatch, but as the huzz sez, it's only .5 different, so we're not worried. Now, if they will only arrive before Christmas! BTW, EDIT is offering a 12.5 % discount, so I got the piece for 36. plus 5 bucks shipping. YAY.

laoxinat,

laoxinat

YAY! Got my Ehle. The joint size turns out not to be a problem at all, thank Maude. There is very little visible vapor, it's going to be too easy to get overvaked (is that possible?). However, any residual aroma seems to be eliminated by the vapor's trip through H2O. The adapter and whip hose won't be living connected as this makes for precariousness. However I may have to McGuyver something, we'll see. I did find a great little chrome stand that puts my VB at the perfect angle. I'll post pix when I get my camera batteries charged. I'm going to think carefully about whip-length and see if I can find a way to set up that presents the least chance of tippage/breakage. So far, though - WOW. Hydration really does make a difference. I do think taste is also diminished somewhat, but the improved stealthiness makes right up for that. I'll be sticking with this setup for quite a while. I am so pleased with my VB that I will probably get an upgrade once this one goes wonky. Aside from the risk of breakage, I am very happy!

laoxinat,

blackbur

laoxinat said:
YAY! Got my Ehle. The joint size turns out not to be a problem at all, thank Maude. There is very little visible vapor, it's going to be too easy to get overvaked (is that possible?). However, any residual aroma seems to be eliminated by the vapor's trip through H2O. The adapter and whip hose won't be living connected as this makes for precariousness. However I may have to McGuyver something, we'll see. I did find a great little chrome stand that puts my VB at the perfect angle. I'll post pix when I get my camera batteries charged. I'm going to think carefully about whip-length and see if I can find a way to set up that presents the least chance of tippage/breakage. So far, though - WOW. Hydration really does make a difference. I do think taste is also diminished somewhat, but the improved stealthiness makes right up for that. I'll be sticking with this setup for quite a while. I am so pleased with my VB that I will probably get an upgrade once this one goes wonky. Aside from the risk of breakage, I am very happy!

make sure your product is grinded well..that might help with the vapor output and flavor. The more surface area exposed the bud to get a clean even cook going on.

blackbur,

laoxinat

Yes, that is my next purchase, bb. I'm waiting for Mix-N-Ball to produce more of their 2 piece screen grinders. It's been a while since anyone's had them in stock, though, I sure hope they didn't go under. And, yes, I can confirm that well ground herbs definitely make for more vapor. Also, I discovered that the volume of water in the Ehle makes all the difference. Little bit of water = lots of vapor; lots of water = very little to no vapor. So now I am alternating straight vapor with vaping thru the Ehle. Both are very nice and definitely do the trick! Today, however, I am in for a treat! Going over to BFF's for a little Super Bowl festiveness, and will be helping test out her new MFLB! WOOT! Happy Sunday, peeps :D

laoxinat,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
vapor bro's thank you

Just wanted to give a shout out and extreme recommendation to vapor bros for an amazing free unit fix and turn around time. My element cracked a month ago for an unknown reason but because of their amazing warranty and customer care, when i finally got around to shipping it back it took exactly seven days for me to ship it to cali from boston, and get it back completely repaired with a brand new ceramic heating element and all new electronics. 7 days is pretty darn good from one side of the country to the other round trip with a fix. Their a great company with great customer care and a great product. I was lost without it, and was stuck to using my magic flight launch TUBE..the beta version of the box..hooked up to my roor, which gave surprisingly milky hits, but nothing like my VB.

^
ghetto i know, but it wasn't too bad, either way im glad to have my baby back and look forward to milkin'
the roor next weekend!

thanks for reading :brow:

Modnote: Thread merged.

PhishCactus,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
agreed about VB's warranty repair service and turn around time. i have two used VB's and both eventually needed repairs which were done with gratis upgrades.
yeah about seven days.
same goes to vaporstore who repaired my beloved vaporbox with friendly email updates, which hits slightly more aggressive than the VB - both are excellent.

jeffp,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
that launch tube looks pretty cool

it did the job..but not nearly as well or as enjoyable as a VB and i felt like i was wasting a lot of money as the abv that came from it was much more brown/burt then from the vb, seeing as you have control over the temp and all and its tempting to get all the green out of the bowl

PhishCactus,
Reactions: Sparkpug

blackbur

PhishCactus said:
vapor bro's thank you

Just wanted to give a shout out and extreme recommendation to vapor bros for an amazing free unit fix and turn around time. My element cracked a month ago for an unknown reason but because of their amazing warranty and customer care, when i finally got around to shipping it back it took exactly seven days for me to ship it to cali from boston, and get it back completely repaired with a brand new ceramic heating element and all new electronics. 7 days is pretty darn good from one side of the country to the other round trip with a fix. Their a great company with great customer care and a great product. I was lost without it, and was stuck to using my magic flight launch TUBE..the beta version of the box..hooked up to my roor, which gave surprisingly milky hits, but nothing like my VB.

thanks for reading :brow:

Modnote: Thread merged.
If you don't mind me asking..
When you used your VB, were you turning it on and off multiple times a day? If so that creates a lot of stress of the ceramic heating element which will inevitable lead to its multifunction. My Vb's heating element broke and i had to send it back, it was under warranty so everything was fine.My best advice for anyone with a VB is..If you plan on using it more than once in a day leave it on a low temp instead of turning off completely. Make sure its attended at all times with that being said and your ceramic heating element will have a longer lifespan.

hopes this helps somebody out.:)

blackbur,

Beezleb

Blackbur,

I know of more than a handful of people who have a vapor bros. I am unaware of anyone leaving their units on all day. I have seen nor heard any issue from a vb by turning on and turning off the vapor bros via normal use. I seriously do not consider this as an issue and if it was I would have to recommend a vaporizer with a better heater.

I think what you have experienced was either not due to the turning it on and off via regular use but was potentially a fault or something else happened to your unit.

Just my view and happy vaping!

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
When you used your VB, were you turning it on and off multiple times a day? If so that creates a lot of stress of the ceramic heating element which will inevitable lead to its multifunction.
Did you get this info from Vapor Bros? If not, I would doubt that this is really a problem. It's known that solid state electronics don't always take kindly to being switched on/off a lot, but this has never been reported, AFAIK, as an issue with ceramic heaters. The old style heaters that VB used to use were not reliable and often had a short life span. This should have changed when they (finally) moved to a ceramic heater. Ceramic elements are very reliable-so much so that some manufacturers guarantee them for life.

max,

blackbur

max said:
When you used your VB, were you turning it on and off multiple times a day? If so that creates a lot of stress of the ceramic heating element which will inevitable lead to its multifunction.
Did you get this info from Vapor Bros? If not, I would doubt that this is really a problem. It's known that solid state electronics don't always take kindly to being switched on/off a lot, but this has never been reported, AFAIK, as an issue with ceramic heaters. The old style heaters that VB used to use were not reliable and often had a short life span. This should have changed when they (finally) moved to a ceramic heater. Ceramic elements are very reliable-so much so that some manufacturers guarantee them for life.

Yes i got it from a Q&A on the VB website. il quote it.
Q: How can I maximize the lifetime of my heating element?

A: How long any given heating element will last varies with the amount of use and abuse it endures over its lifetime. While we are confident that the new NATURAL MINERAL HEATER will outperform our older heating elements, as long as you leave it on a level setting and make sure nothing blocks the air flow around the box, youll give your heating element a better chance at long life. For owners of our old vaporizer models which use a metal heating element, it seems that life can be extended by leaving the unit on throughout the day instead of turning it on and off. You can leave your vaporizer on a low setting between multiple uses, turning it off at night or when you are away. Be assured, if you experience a failure of your metal heating element or otherwise want to change it out for the new heater, we will replace it with our new heater at no additional charge above the normal price of repair.

Beezleb said:
Blackbur,

I know of more than a handful of people who have a vapor bros. I am unaware of anyone leaving their units on all day. I have seen nor heard any issue from a vb by turning on and turning off the vapor bros via normal use. I seriously do not consider this as an issue and if it was I would have to recommend a vaporizer with a better heater.

I think what you have experienced was either not due to the turning it on and off via regular use but was potentially a fault or something else happened to your unit.

Just my view and happy vaping!

Well in the previous post i didn't mean a full day(24 hours) just a session with multiple breaks and etc. I've talked to a couple people who have owned a VB and have gone on to purchase a DBV because of the malfunction. Most didn't want to send their unit back, others wanted something thats built stronger. I don't believe its an issue with the heating element either, its just the care and handling of the unit throughout its life. Don't get wrong VB makes a great vaporizer and i enjoyed mine when i had it.

blackbur,
I recently purchased my vap in December. :D

Unfortunately, due to medical problem, I dropped the whip and broke it.

Now I've had to go back to the burning days. Once you go 'Vap it's hard to go back!

It seems to me that if VaporBrothers really wanted to get on top of this market; they would increase their staff; so their isn't such a long wait time for replacement whips.

C'mon Brothers; share the LOVE! Hire more staff; I'm sure there are plenty of qualified people willing to work for a company to help in the manufacturing of something so precious to me, '.et .al.' ;)

Squash this disappointing period in not only my Life, but all the others who have been relegated to waiting for almost a month. It seems to me that NEED is only going to GO UP FOR "WHO KNOWS HOW LONG!"

I'd really like to be in their position and be on top of this truly radical wave of the future.

P.S. I seemed to have read somewhere that the current whips are more fragile than they have been in the past.

CharDoogie,

max

Out to lunch
From Vapor Brothers - "For owners of our old vaporizer models which use a metal heating element, it seems that life can be extended by leaving the unit on throughout the day instead of turning it on and off. You can leave your vaporizer on a low setting between multiple uses, turning it off at night or when you are away. Be assured, if you experience a failure of your metal heating element or otherwise want to change it out for the new heater, we will replace it with our new heater at no additional charge above the normal price of repair."

blackbur, that's what I suspected. They're talking about their old, (metal) unreliable heating element. Those things failed so often that I'm surprised the company survived with a decent reputation. Leaving the unit on isn't a requirement for longevity with their new ceramic heater.
CharDoogie said:
It seems to me that if VaporBrothers really wanted to get on top of this market; they would increase their staff; so their isn't such a long wait time for replacement whips.
If I were you I'd contact 7th Floor for a replacement wand. Their wands are, IMO, the best quality on the market for the money- $16 for standard and $20 for ground glass (hands free). Unlike a lot of brands, screen changing is a snap.

"All wands are hand made in Colorado Springs, CO USA by our own expert glass blowers, and will fit a Vapor brothers, Vapor Doc, Vapor Cannon and most importantly the Silver Surfer Vaporizer and Oil Diffuser. Every wand features the patent pending quick change design. Some of these beautiful wands are very heavy and thick, weighing upwards of 45 grams."

max,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I got some new glass so VB is out of storage. I'm in love all over again. :)

lethalcombo.JPG

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom