Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

OF

Now your sayin- Vaped uses a fiber wick that will burn up when run dry and The Dabbler has an inert glass fiber wick that will not burn up when run dry. So can I see a picture of that side by side?

I wanted to buy some good coils and wanted to see te difference, I understand sometime people get terms like wick, wire, whatever confused so if ya got some pix that would be cool.

No, I don't think VW was saying that. He's not saying 'XXX brands are inferior, because......'. He's riding the line I think. By the rules, as a maker or dealer he's not allowed to dis other guy's gear. As I understand it he can say how his is better than the general case, but can't 'name names'. To allow makers to say negative things about each other can be a mess so it's taboo.....

I hope you can understand that?

OF

OF,

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
I asked about the wire that is coiled around the wick, someone said yours was better so I wanted to see a picture of it next to a cheap one. Now your sayin- Vaped uses a fiber wick that will burn up when run dry and The Dabbler has an inert glass fiber wick that will not burn up when run dry. So can I see a picture of that side by side?

I wanted to buy some good coils and wanted to see te difference, I understand sometime people get terms like wick, wire, whatever confused so if ya got some pix that would be cool.

VaporWarehouse is not Vaporbrothers. We are a retailer based in the S.F. Bay Area. Vaporbrothers is a manufacturer based in southern California. My intent of the reply was to point out that Vaporbrothers is indeed a manufacturer.

I do know the difference between a coil and a wick. Being it is Thanksgiving and I live an hour from the warehouse, you will have to wait until I go there for photos. I have both brands and can do a side by side comparison. Although video might be a better example. Hang tight until after all the weekend holiday sale craziness passes and I will post assuming it's OK with the mods.

No, I don't think VW was saying that. He's not saying 'XXX brands are inferior, because......'. He's riding the line I think. By the rules, as a maker or dealer he's not allowed to dis other guy's gear. As I understand it he can say how his is better than the general case, but can't 'name names'. To allow makers to say negative things about each other can be a mess so it's taboo.....

I hope you can understand that?

OF

Sorry OF, I did not mean to stray from the rules. I only named names because Detonator brought them up. We carry both brands, so I have a bit of experience with both and what I said about the wick is true from our tests. I will cease to name brands even when others do. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

Last edited:

Detonator

cool now we are getting somewhere......... I'm also in the Bay Area... I've been wanting to ask these questions for a while now.... Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Detonator,

OF

Sorry OF, I did not mean to stray from the rules. I only named names because Detonator brought them up. We carry both brands, so I have a bit of experience with both and what I said about the wick is true from our tests. I will cease to name brands even when others do. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

No, I'm the one that's sorry, I didn't communicate well. I think you're doing a commendable job of trying to be as informative as possible to us and yet stay on the right side of 'no negative comments about competitors'. I just see you as being painted into the corner, and didn't think others understood the wet paint?

It's of course natural for guys to want such information. It's normal they'd press you, but IMO right for you to resist such things.....much as the marketing types might object. Sorry I didn't convey that well before.

I'm all in favor (in fact 'really big on') useful information and much appreciate the efforts of you and the few others who brave some of the posts that can show up. I for sure can't fault your willingness to answer questions and provide useful information so we can make more informed decisions. Please keep up the good work.....

Thanks.

OF

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I, of course, have exactly the opposite experience. I bet every fiber is still there. Isn't that a hoot? Gotta wonder why (well at least I do...not that I'll stay up worrying about it.....much). Perhaps concentrate?

I've been feeding mine CO2 oil, stuff that levels in the jar, but stays in a dab on the wick. I never bake it really dry, maybe that's the reason?

For whatever reason, sounds like the ceramic core is for you. Who cares if you have to load it a bit more often, at least the sucker's gonna be there.

Choices in the marketplace, we're in tall cotton for sure.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

OF

Must be the concentrate, as I am usually using shatter or a hard sap. I definitely noticed why they call this a wax pen :lol: I should budder some of of my stash for use with the pen in the future, especially when I get a new heater. Hopefully that, combined with the ceramic will fix most of my issues.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: OF

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
cool now we are getting somewhere......... I'm also in the Bay Area... I've been wanting to ask these questions for a while now.... Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

You are more than welcome to stop by the office and we can give you a first hand demo and show you the differences between the vapes we carry. We would be more than happy to have you stop by. Contact me to set up a time to stop by and I will make sure one of us is there.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The big difference between Vaped and the Dabbler, is that Vaped uses a fiber wick that will burn up when run dry.
I found this to be the case, with the "Vaped" wick as well as a half dozen others I tried. Although I rotate with a newer one, I am still using my original Dabbler Heater. Most wicks outside of the Dabbler do burn up.
I am not in those threads... so I am not "hollering" about it over there. I am not here to grace the inferior products by talking about them at all!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
No, Who's on First......

You're not paying attention again.

You're bringing the Booze. Single malt for me, thanks.

Thanks. You'll come to regret that......more than you can possibly imagine.

OF
:lmao::rofl::lmao:
Its a deal, malt all around!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and be safe!!

BLAZING OG,

arrr

I tried it on my ego twist quick as well a 3.2 yet it heated up quite a bit quicker than on my dabbler battery so I figured just sticking with my dabbler battery for the ceramic wick

The twist at 3.2 volts heats up quicker than the dabbler battery? I wonder what volts the dabbler batter runs at. I thought most of those battery run at 3.7 volts.

arrr,

OF

The twist at 3.2 volts heats up quicker than the dabbler battery? I wonder what volts the dabbler batter runs at. I thought most of those battery run at 3.7 volts.

We've been told the Dabbler is not a typical e-cig battery, it regulates against the load. I don't think that's changed? My guess is it heats slower because it's being controlled to keep it from getting too hot and cooking the goods?

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
check other threads and you'll see manufacturers naming names and stating why there's the best, never do they get infractions.
vapor where house, I think your doing great and respectful at that.
Happy Thanksgiving

Never? This is absolutely wrong. Several vendors have received warnings (including points) for breaking the rule. At least two vendors have been banned for violations. If you can point to violations that we might have missed, please go to the post(s) and make a report. I'm forced to wonder why you didn't report them when you saw them.

OF

If you can point to violations that we might have missed, please go to the post(s) and make a report. I'm forced to wonder why you didn't report them when you saw them.

I've reported some, sometimes there's action, sometimes not. For that reason (lack of any response), I sometimes blow it off as well. Perhaps this is part of it? Whatever, I wouldn't waste too much time wondering.

As a suggestion, if the mods aren't going to act on a report, for whatever reason, I think a PM to the reporter at least least thanking them for reporting as asked and letting them know their report has been considered and not acted on would be appropriate? At least polite.....and IMO useful.

OF

alien_tom

When I first got my Vaped globe ( looks just like your globe - made in China ) the coils would last better. Now that these are very popular it seems the replacement coils are being made cheaper and not lasting as long.

Now it says Manufacturer under your name, so do you have a factory in China that manufactures your coils or are they just shipped to you from someone?

Can you prove your coils are differnt than others?

Pictures plz

I want to check out dabbler because I saw this happen with my Vaped Micro cart. I don't know if it was the Titanium coil or the wick but it sure did put out some bad smoke on the first heating with the battery. It happened with my microG too.

From reading the beginning posts of this blog I see Vapor Brothers make vapor boxes and something new but the dabbler is made FOR THEM by an established company.

alien_tom,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've reported some, sometimes there's action, sometimes not. For that reason (lack of any response), I sometimes blow it off as well. Perhaps this is part of it? Whatever, I wouldn't waste too much time wondering.

As a suggestion, if the mods aren't going to act on a report, for whatever reason, I think a PM to the reporter at least least thanking them for reporting as asked and letting them know their report has been considered and not acted on would be appropriate? At least polite.....and IMO useful.

OF

All reports are reviewed. We all send explanations when we feel they are warranted. I'm sure you know this since you've received some of them. You should also consider that not all of the actions we take are visible to everyone. Anyone who doesn't get an explanation and feels a need for one can contact one of us for clarification.

As for thank-you notes, anyone who makes a report (except for the rare case when it is done maliciously) should always assume that we are thankful. We don't (can't) cover every post in every thread and we depend on reports when things go bad. I've stumbled over old posts, sometimes weeks later, that should have been reported. It's particularly frustrating when someone casually remarks that we let infractions slide in [$thread] all the time. So you saw rule-breaking and just turned the other way? We rely on reports to keep the place tidy and although the queue gets pretty deep some days, we prefer too many reports over too few.

arrr

We've been told the Dabbler is not a typical e-cig battery, it regulates against the load. I don't think that's changed? My guess is it heats slower because it's being controlled to keep it from getting too hot and cooking the goods?

OF

Thanks i have not heard of a battery that does this. Seems this is a good way the VB Dabbler can differentiate from the competition and cheaper products.

arrr,

OF

A I'm sure you know this since you've received some of them.

So you saw rule-breaking and just turned the other way? We rely on reports to keep the place tidy and although the queue gets pretty deep some days, we prefer too many reports over too few.

No, you're wrong there, I don't know that or I would not have posted such now would I? What I do know is I never got a 'thanks for bringing that to our attention, it's a situation we don't wish to act on but will be keeping an eye on' in response to a report......not even one. Or any other PM response to a report I recall. Sometimes something happens, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing. That's my experience with the system that often works well.

You asked 'why didn't you report it?'. I gave an example from personal experience and a suggestion for improving that. Take it or leave it, sorry if it's not welcome, I assumed it was an honest question you were looking for answers on. Perhaps it was rhetorical only.

OF

max

Out to lunch
Or any other PM response to a report I recall.
You got one from me earlier this year- "Re: your report"- it ended up being an extensive convo, with a total of 6 posts-some lengthy. I've sent quite a few responses to reports, some explanatory, some just a thanks. But no, we don't send thank you notes for every report (does that happen on any busy forums?) and every violation doesn't get reported. That's the way it goes.

Time to get back on topic.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I believe the topic at hand in this thread is the Vapor Brothers Dabbler. I think we would all be better served to get back to it.

Feel free to PM or post in Community Discussion if you would like to discuss any other matters.

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom