Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
Heads up. We are receiving a handful of ceramic heaters and globes for the Dabbler tomorrow. Once I have them added to the site I will post here. I wanted to give FC members the first shot at them, especially since the quantities are very limited. So for those interested keep checking here tomorrow.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Heads up. We are receiving a handful of ceramic heaters and globes for the Dabbler tomorrow. Once I have them added to the site I will post here. I wanted to give FC members the first shot at them, especially since the quantities are very limited. So for those interested keep checking here tomorrow.

I want one! My VB Dabbler will be here before the end of the week (I'm crossing my fingers) but it'll be a old heater, do you plan to ship ceramic heaters to French shops or it's better to order on your website?
(especially if you offer us a special discount!!!)

PPN,

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
The Ceramic Heaters have been added to the site. I'm still working on photos and descriptions. We received a very, very limited quantity of black heaters. But we have a fair amount of stainless.

A few things to note:
Dabblers will continue to ship with the glass fiber wick heaters. As of now the supply of ceramic wick heaters is very limited, so that is not an option at this time.

The $5 off coupon code does not apply to the Ceramic Core Heaters (that was supposed to be an introductory offer when the Dabbler was first released. Don't be surprised if it goes away shortly).

After receiving several e-mails and phone calls from customers requesting the new and improved heater, I offer this. The Ceramic Core is not an improvement in performance. It was primarily designed for people who wanted a wickless heater or a fiberless wick. Fiber wicks serve a purpose and porous ceramic rods do not "wick" as well as a fiber wick. To compensate for this, the ceramic rod has been lowered. I know some of you will like to hear that.

Neither the ceramic core or the glass fiber wick on the Dabblers will burn or smoke during a dry run. This is important and what sets the Dabbler apart from some of the other pens on the market. We've tested several and some companies use a glass fiber wick while other companies don't.

With a little luck, the globes or tubes will be up later today.

Edit: Dabbler Glass Tube Heater is now on the site as well.

Last edited:

OF

Just ordered the new ceramic heater and glass tube. I will post a review sometime next week.

Cool, thanks. Personally I'm most interested in how it does relative to the stock fiber version. I'm thinking that since it has lost the wicking action it can't self feed very well at all calling for more reloading breaks? Maybe even more tendency to cook the residual oil as you try to get a little more vapor between reloads?

So if you would please consider that as you try it out I'd be most appreciative. TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vitolo

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Awesome guys truly awesome, top notch form a top notch company!!!
I for sure prefer the white ceramic vs the mystery yellow one & inconel wire.
I hope to add one to the collection, glad to hear the coil and rod got lowered.
@VaporWarehouse , you guys are great, keep it civil and better to not stoop to the level of some of the other competitors.:nod:

Last edited:

OF

Awesome guys truly awesome, top notch form a top notch company!!!
I for sure prefer the white ceramic vs the mystery yellow one & inconel wire.

I guess I get the white ceramic part, I don't think it makes a practical difference, but I get the cosmetics part.....and nurse's uniforms are white....gives it that medical tie in?

But I don't get the objection to Inconel? I guess I see it as a useful metal for the job, more so that a lot of similar Nickle Chrome alloys commonly used for heater elements. I think VB is using it in both their Dabbler carts?

I agree, VB seems a first rate outfit, very driven about supplying great service to back up their products. In many cases that means a lot. Even if a product is high in quality and design such that most guys never need worry about warranties, it's really nice to know that prompt, solid support is a call away. IMO that's worth real money, cheaper gear of EBay and the like often comes up short here.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I guess I get the white ceramic part, I don't think it makes a practical difference, but I get the cosmetics part.....and nurse's uniforms are white....gives it that medical tie in?

But I don't get the objection to Inconel? I guess I see it as a useful metal for the job, more so that a lot of similar Nickle Chrome alloys commonly used for heater elements. I think VB is using it in both their Dabbler carts?

I agree, VB seems a first rate outfit, very driven about supplying great service to back up their products. In many cases that means a lot. Even if a product is high in quality and design such that most guys never need worry about warranties, it's really nice to know that prompt, solid support is a call away. IMO that's worth real money, cheaper gear of EBay and the like often comes up short here.

OF
As far as my buddys vb dabbler ,I like the inconel wire flavor better than the more traditional nichrome, could just be me!!! No objection , completely agree!

OF

As far as my buddys vb dabbler ,I like the inconel wire flavor better than the more traditional nichrome, could just be me!!! No objection , completely agree!

Wow, I'm quite sure I couldn't tell one from the other in a blind test.....I'm a cheap date I guess....

FWIW, in a push I'd take Inconel over Nichrome for other than taste reasons.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Wow, I'm quite sure I couldn't tell one from the other in a blind test.....I'm a cheap date I guess....

FWIW, in a push I'd take Inconel over Nichrome for other than taste reasons.

OF
Maybe its the unit , the nichrome based one is a elipse style ala micro g pen and the other being the inconel based dabbler with the silica wick.
Good to know your preference's , it means alot to me and I trust your judgment and knowledge %100.
I have mentioned this a few times but thanks to alot of FC members and @OF of course to helping me make educated decisions thanks to the knowledge shared here.

:rofl:
some 2 buck chuck and your good to go lol lol
:lmao:

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: OF

OF

I trust your judgment and knowledge %100.
You're welcome of course, glad to help if I can, but I wouldn't read too much into your trusting my judgement......I mean you're a drug user and all, right?

"There is no accounting for taste" or so it seems......

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
You're welcome of course, glad to help if I can, but I wouldn't read too much into your trusting my judgement......I mean you're a drug user and all, right?

"There is no accounting for taste" or so it seems......

OF
According to the DEA yes hard core drug user, with a prop 215 sb420 compliant medical card!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/153097/us-government-owns-the-patent-on-cannabis-cures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: OF

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
Maybe its the unit , the nichrome based one is a elipse style ala micro g pen

I'm going to guess the wick in this unit is not a glass fiber wick and that the flavor is coming from the wick burning not the wire used. I'm with @OF I don't think I could taste the difference between inconel and nichrome. I've seen some of the cheap vape pen wicks smoke during a dry run and that will certainly alter the flavor.

Personally I'm most interested in how it does relative to the stock fiber version. I'm thinking that since it has lost the wicking action it can't self feed very well at all calling for more reloading breaks? Maybe even more tendency to cook the residual oil as you try to get a little more vapor between reloads?

Like I said the ceramic core in not a performance improvement. ;)

ArchVape

Princess of the Biscotti Republic
I notice with VB Inconel wire that it heats up more slowly. With nichrome wire the coil heatsup super fast. Which gives me a burnt wax/dry coil taste. The Inconel wire is one tough cookie too with heat it dont bend or flex unlike the nichrome. I purchase a KISS cart from w9tech and man VB dabbler taste so much better. The KIss cart alot of wax melts into the cup because of yellow ceramic wick. It don't wick. The dabbler surround the ceramic cup with SS mesh making a better fitting to block air flow.Giving the only air path is under the coil. The Kiss cart no SS mesh around the cup and I notice i have air flow around the housing and cup + the hole under the coil. Dabbler works 3x better for me!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I notice with VB Inconel wire that it heats up more slowly. With nichrome wire the coil heatsup super fast. Which gives me a burnt wax/dry coil taste. The Inconel wire is one tough cookie too with heat it dont bend or flex unlike the nichrome. I purchase a KISS cart from w9tech and man VB dabbler taste so much better. The KIss cart alot of wax melts into the cup because of yellow ceramic wick. It don't wick. The dabbler surround the ceramic cup with SS mesh making a better fitting to block air flow.Giving the only air path is under the coil. The Kiss cart no SS mesh around the cup and I notice i have air flow around the housing and cup + the hole under the coil. Dabbler works 3x better for me!
Great comparison, thank you!!!

BLAZING OG,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
FWIW, you can rebuild the KISS carts... I don't see why you couldn't use Inconel wire for it?

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
I'm going to guess the wick in this unit is not a glass fiber wick and that the flavor is coming from the wick burning not the wire used. I'm with @OF I don't think I could taste the difference between inconel and nichrome. I've seen some of the cheap vape pen wicks smoke during a dry run and that will certainly alter the flavor.

Like I said the ceramic core in not a performance improvement. ;)

I had a few people agree with me that a low end coil we tried out had a metal taste. It also burned bright red, making off gassing taste more likely.

That's nice to hear! Personally, I like airflow coming from everywhere so I drill holes in the cone of my dabbler to let more air swirl around. You're comparing KISS to the standard Dabbler heater I assume- which has a far better wicking action. So might not be a fair comparison. KISS wins on the creativity of the name btw.

Yes the Dabbler's Inconel is heating slowly lately, affected by the use of slightly thicker wire, limitations on how many coils we can fit in the heater, and the temp control which is doing its job to limit the top end temperature. I see it bog down briefly if I swamp the bowl with a big load but it always comes back. People who don't want the coil burning the oil prefer this. and the taste of course.. superb.

OF

FWIW, you can rebuild the KISS carts... I don't see why you couldn't use Inconel wire for it?

I'm not so sure about that. Look close, the heater is 3 pieces welded together. I assume the leads don't heat. To rebuild it you'd have to be provided with wicks with heaters and leads as an assembly I'd think, you can't simply unspool some appropriate gauge Inconel and wrap away?

Then again $25 is not a whole lot if the cart goes as long as it seems they do? If it goes ten grams, that's not much per gram to amertise....

BTW I fully agree with the value of Inconel over Nichrome when it comes to strength. That coil can take a bit of a beating in service, nice to have a tougher wire on your side IMO.

OF

ArchVape

Princess of the Biscotti Republic
I just wanted to add afew things. I was comparing the Kiss cart to dabbler with the glass wick not the ceramic one. I don't have a ceramic dabbler one yet so I can't compare the 2. the The reason that Kiss cart doesn't have a nickel form/SS mesh is because they don't want any unsafe metal next to the core. The Kiss cart yellow ceramic is a natural medical grade material. If you see a white ceramic its been chemically treat.

ArchVape,

OF

The Kiss cart yellow ceramic is a natural medical grade material. If you see a white ceramic its been chemically treat.

Indeed? You have a reference for this "medical grade material" for this application? Please provide it?

Are you saying the fine white china in my sideboard is chemically treated? Got a reference for that one?

FYI there are definitely naturally white ceramics........ Alumina, Al2O3, is the most common ceramic base, it's white. Zirconia, as used by TV in their products is also white. Most 'medical grade ceramics' (like for implants) are Zirconia as I understand it? You need contamination to get color in either type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirconium_dioxide

I'm not saying there's a problem with the yellow ceramic, just questioning if it's really medical grade (let's see the spec....) and the contention that white ceramics are chemically treated.

Edit: I just came across this, I guess D9 didn't get the memo? They're dropping the 'cream colored' ceramic and going to white????

"Yes we replaced the cream colored ceramic seams that its causing a stir with even darker version. "

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...bs-and-concentrates.4873/page-595#post-486862

OF

Last edited:
Top Bottom