Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

2clicker

Observer
also... i just tried to use the "dabfuk" coupon, but its only a $5 discount now.

didnt it used to be $10?

2clicker,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@2clicker--- yes last time I checked the coupon made the Dabbler $89.99+ and the cartridge coupon gave $5 off the 1ST cartdrige per order. The $89.99 was a much happier pricepoint for the buyer.

Silver420Surfer,

2clicker

Observer
does a standard drip tip work with the dabbler cone? or are we stuck with the stock mp?

2clicker,
i am very close to joining the dabbler family, but this has left me with some questions.

when you say changed the material to a crazy strong metal do you mean the wick material? instead of glass it will be metal?

and are these new carts available now? will i have to wait so my order contains the new improved cart? i was going to order today.

tia VB!
My guess would be the gauge of the coil.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
i am very close to joining the dabbler family, but this has left me with some questions.

when you say changed the material to a crazy strong metal do you mean the wick material? instead of glass it will be metal?

and are these new carts available now? will i have to wait so my order contains the new improved cart? i was going to order today.

tia VB!

the wick is still glass but stay tuned for what we come up with in the future. the metal coil is 20 gage inconel. i'm pretty sure the latest batch is what's available online. if you want to be sure you're getting the new one send me a message so I can hook you up. :)

JoeKickass

the metal coil is 20 gauge inconel
Nice :cool:
ferrari_inconel.jpg

http://www.burnsstainless.com/Inconel.aspx

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
Hey Everyone. Sorry had a busy weekend with the family and tried staying away from work as much as possible. I can address a few of the concerns that came up this weekend.

also... i just tried to use the "dabfuk" coupon, but its only a $5 discount now.

didnt it used to be $10?

We were updating some of the codes that are floating around on the web from $10 off to $5 off, this code was supposed to remain at $10 off. I made the change back to $10 off. Keep in mind that code is not forever and subject to change at anytime. I will post here if it changes or ends.

A drip tip might fit but you need a special size

The Drip Tips we have for the Delta 9 Vapes will not work with the Dabbler. However those fancy chrome mouthpieces that Vaped is now using will work with the Dabbler.

I was speaking with a customer the other day that removed the white gasket from the Dabbler mouthpiece. He said the oil leaked through once that was removed and stained his jeans. So be careful using mouthpieces with wider openings. I don't make up this info, just share it. :cool:

YES! Be careful with the delicate coil.

VW is already including little containers along with Dabblers. /quote]
And yes please do be careful loading those heaters as the coils are very delicate. We've been testing every heater before it leaves the warehouse to ensure they are working. I've spoke with several customers that have ruined the heater just loading material into it. Use some TLC and hopefully one day the dreaded wick and coil will be replaced with something better.

And last. Yes we are giving out something currently with the Dabbler. While the competition is giving out acrylic grinders, we are currently including a Magic Flight ABV case until our custom piece comes in. More on that once it arrives and I know you guys (and gals) will love it.

2clicker

Observer
question about the battery... what exactly does the micro-controller control?

would it be bad to run other carts/attys on the dabbler battery?

2clicker,

vape4health

Is it too taboo to ask if anyone has successfully disassemble a core to rebuild it. It's coming apart, I'm just not sure how yet.

I burned the coil out using a different unregulated power source then the supplied battery, not recommended.

vape4health,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Is it too taboo to ask if anyone has successfully disassemble a core to rebuild it. It's coming apart, I'm just not sure how yet.

I burned the coil out using a different unregulated power source then the supplied battery, not recommended.

Bummer. the heater's wire length is fine tuned to match the battery. i hope you don't burn out your battery... Have fun though

question about the battery... what exactly does the micro-controller control?

would it be bad to run other carts/attys on the dabbler battery?

The microcontroller basically figures out what power to send to the heater based on its temperature. when the heater is just starting up from cool, the controller sends it full power so it heats up fast. when the coil is up to perfect temperature, the controller backs off. this helps the heaters to have a longer life because they don't overheat.

We advise strongly against using the dabbler battery with other carts and Vape-Pen is adamant he can't honor the warranty in that case. he has no control over the electrical properties of those carts and what they will do to the battery. but if you try and nothing bad happens... well that's where letting us know on FC comes handy. ;)

By the way, if you screw up your battery with another device and let me know by message, maybe we talk and consider it r&d as long as you can give me useful info that we can use to make our products better :) One time only- I just want to see firsthand.

JoeKickass

My Dabbler, has died. :cry:

Well the heater at least, I can push the coil down and it will sizzle but if I let it go, nothing. It's only been alive for 3 weeks and I have been gentle with it... I hope the new heater wire can hold up longer than this!

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
My Dabbler, has died. :cry:

Well the heater at least, I can push the coil down and it will sizzle but if I let it go, nothing. It's only been alive for 3 weeks and I have been gentle with it... I hope the new heater wire can hold up longer than this!

After 6 months experience with this particular pen, we have a lot of trust in how they are lasting overall. Although, even if everything is perfect (with our testing & quality control or your use of the device) some heaters die way too prematurely- which sucks- but on the average they are lasting way longer than every other brand of pen we've ever tried. And we just increased the Dabbler heater's durability with the thicker inconel wire. (no increase in price yet) Your next heater may last for months (i'm only on my 2nd heater ever...)
If you have a Dabbler, expect to replace your heater periodically and always use your Fuckcombustion coupon code DABBLEROFFER. If the unit still doesn't perform for you as you expect, pls message me so I can find out more how you use it & work out a deal to make it OK.

-Linus V.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
April 26, 2013 -- August 11, 2013 R.I.P. Dabbler battery.
Mine was a gift so I can't complain at all. It just flickered 3 times when I would try to power on, then died. Kinda short life if my opinon. The "guts" don't look much different than my eGO 650 mah battery. Bought a $15.00 replacement eGO from my local e-cig store and it is driving it just fine. No negative issues detected. Seems to be working the same as it ever has. I have 4 carts so if one dies it is not the end of the world.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Did you buy 4 dabbler heaters in that 3 month timespan? or 4 ecig carts?
I got 2 Dabbler cartridges with my kit(1 extra cart) and then I bought 2 additional Dabbler carts to have on hand. I only had 1 Dabbler battery, and yesterday purchased an eGO battery to replace my dead original Dabbler battery.

***Enjoying some GSC wax on a Ti nail for my 420th post as well***

Last edited:
Top Bottom