Vaporbrothers Dabbler & Eleven Pen

No-Wrinkle

Mine only took about 45 min. Has the USB port you are plugged into, been on all this time? Sometimes its easy to close a laptop or monitor with a usb port, and the charging stops, etc.

It's been plugged into the wall this entire time.

No-Wrinkle,

No-Wrinkle

Did you battery ever charge up?

The light never turned off, but it does function.

PS: I did test it. It does work very well. In fact I am very impressed but this damn light wont turn off. I'll leave it charging over night tonight to see if that fixes it. I was too medicated last night to remember...

My dabbler is no longer functioning. The light will turn on if press it without the heater attached. With the heater attached it will not work out at all. I still believe there is something wrong with my battery. Currently I am on the road(on the way to the airport right now). Once I get back I will be contacting vaporbros/vapor warehouse to sort this out. Both companies appear to have top notch customer service so I am not worried.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

No-Wrinkle,
Reactions: Tweek

JoeKickass

Just got my chrome dabbler, and I'm loving the clean taste!

Have we figured out where the air intake is? I think it might be a little hole in the white circle under the heater. Has anyone filled their dabbler full to the coil? Any leaking?

JoeKickass,

Tweek

:shrug: Thought the wick was glass rods. I've successfully torched other wicking materials for DIY vapor and e-cig use rebuildable atomizers.

I dunno...not sure I would feel comfortable, but perhaps VB can chime in? I already destroyed mine by being a careless fool so I guess it's too late to save me. :D

Tweek,
smh Tweek, smh. Wish someone would confirm if the Dabbler cart will work on another manufacturer's battery. I understand VB said they should only be paired with a Dabbler battery, but I don't frankly see why the cartridge wouldn't work on any Ego style battery, 'micro controller' or not.

kingofnull,

Vitolo

Vaporist
glass rods melt easily.
The thinner they are the faster.
I would not torch my cart, or the wicking material... be it glass or otherwise.
Even metal strands if as thin as fibers will be destroyed under torch heat.

Vitolo,

mephisto

@kon, I did indeed try my Dabbler on another power supply and it works fine. That was on an ego twist. The Dabbler battery also fires other 3.7v devices just fine. I know this goes against the rules, but I don't play by the same ones as most anyway.....

Tweek

Any cheap carts that can be recommended for the Dabbler battery? Hate to use anything but the VB cart, but it will just be too expensive to order another one to Canada, with shipping and all, unless I am buying something else.

Tweek,

mephisto

Actually, I have been running the Kanger evod tanks. They fill nicely with homemade, and have a changeable bottom coil. I do not mean to derail, just wanted to add some insight to the Dabbler kit. It would seem any ego(centric?) cart will fit and fire. This is strictly against Dabbler policy, but will provide further avenues if one is left with a partially functioning kit.

mephisto,

JoeKickass

Anyone try torching their Dabbler cart?

A lesson I learned from the cera eo, don't torch (or even clean that often) just load more! Impurities will settle to the bottom if you keep enough concentrate on the heater, but if it runs dry the impurities get baked on the heater...

On another note, I'm loving how much power this little thing has!

vape4health

No one asked me but I vote loose the threaded top in favor of a slip on top held with double orings, like most other drip attys have. So much easier to pop it off and on and its a dripper/dabber so it's not like you really load it and go for the day.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
woah. Can you get 3 hits like that on a load? p.s. I'm nearing purchase of a concentrates pen and the Dabbler is the prime candidate.

When I first got my Dabbler I thought it was a 2-3 hit per load device. That was because I didn't understand how to load it and didn't have nearly enough in it, and also I was using ISO reclaim. When I got some decent BHO and really loaded the chamber up, I found I could get 10 or more good hits. When the hits get weak, I stand it on end and after a while, the oil collects and I am back to getting thick hits. I haven't really pushed it yet or done any controlled tests, with weights and counts. I'll do that in September after I get back from Maui.

chimpybits

When I first got my Dabbler I thought it was a 2-3 hit per load device. That was because I didn't understand how to load it and didn't have nearly enough in it, and also I was using ISO reclaim. When I got some decent BHO and really loaded the chamber up, I found I could get 10 or more good hits. When the hits get weak, I stand it on end and after a while, the oil collects and I am back to getting thick hits. I haven't really pushed it yet or done any controlled tests, with weights and counts. I'll do that in September after I get back from Maui.

Yes your post about this a few pages back stood out for me. This device appeals to me as a noob portable concentrates user, but getting 3 'good' hits per load would be a nuisance. If I could reliably get 6-8 or more good hits per load, that would be fine. (Natch we'd really need to define the hit size by referring to a video post of someone hitting the Dabbler or something).

I don't have a scale and having really no experience with waxes, oils, etc, counting hits is more helpful for me than weights. I suppose a video of someone doing a big load would be best. No scratch that - me doing a big dabbler load would be best :tup:

Perhaps I'll pique my interest by trying my first dab at a local dab lounge.

vape4health

I haven't tried any med grade oil of any type but I did just scrap some soft shatter I made from ABV lastnight and it worked ok in the dabbler, with a slow draw I got better hits then I was expecting. It is soft so I can only load so much but I'm happy with it so far. I could be getting some real oil or wax soon but ya know how that goes.
Been playing around with variable voltage too.

vape4health,

Pak I'm curious, how many hits before your coil starts to glow?

kingofnull,
Top Bottom