VaporBlunt or Arizer Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I don't own a vape, but am pretty much sold on the idea. I want to buy one. I've narrowed my options to the Arizer Solo, and the Vapor Blunt. In my local head shop, the owner was going on and on about the VB. Saying it is the best vape he's ever used. i.e. better than wall units. However I've read good things about the Arizer Solo. I don't know if I've read many bad things about either. (I've read bad things about the MFLB, NO2, etc)

I guess the only thing I REALLY care about, is which gives you the most high per herb ratio. (i.e. which conserves herb the best) I don't really care about flavor, charge time, how long I can use it, etc. I'm more or less a lightweight, so I'm not looking for super long sessions. On that note, I guess whichever one is "easier" to use would be better for me.

Any thoughts on the VB vs the AS?

mod note: Vaporization Discussion
Vapor related but not model specific- Thread moved.

tiestorocks,

Pcpvapors

Solo is much more efficient. I am a fan of the VB but the solo is more efficient.

Pcpvapors,

Pcpvapors

I've owned both, the solo uses less herb and with a little rigging you can collect and vape hash without even usin ISO as well as conserving herb while creating even denser hits.

Pcpvapors,

SD_haze

A reportedly "completely redesigned" vaporblunt is being made so it wouldn't make much sense to buy the old one now.

new features
:1. It as half the length of the original vaporblunt

2. Led display with 5 programmed temperature settings ranging from 370 - 500 degrees

3. a conserdable improvement on heat up time, it's currently testing at 90 seconds aprx

4. Additional oil accessory cap and glass straw included

5. Shallower, wider bowl for easy loading

6. Turning knob

SD_haze,
A reportedly "completely redesigned" vaporblunt is being made so it wouldn't make much sense to buy the old one now.

new features
:1. It as half the length of the original vaporblunt

2. Led display with 5 programmed temperature settings ranging from 370 - 500 degrees

3. a conserdable improvement on heat up time, it's currently testing at 90 seconds aprx

4. Additional oil accessory cap and glass straw included

5. Shallower, wider bowl for easy loading

6. Turning knob
Gee, should I get the solo or wait for the VB2?

tiestorocks,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Half the lenght is still the size of the Solo approximately. 90sec is more than the solo takes to heat up. I don't care much about led displays. solo as 7 preset temps, 6 that are in fact usable.

Honestly, if those are the reasons why, i will get the solo anyday.

Im curious to how you came to the decision between these two. Someone who sells the VB is not the best opinion maker on the VB..
It seems you should make a little more research. Have you checked the INH and the PAX?

About the MFLB and the NO2, they are solid units but have their flaws. YOu have yet to find a vaporizer where you don't hear "bad things".

vorrange,
there's a shitload of new portables due out really itd be worth wait.

Do you know a time frame on these?

Half the lenght is still the size of the Solo approximately. 90sec is more than the solo takes to heat up. I don't care much about led displays. solo as 7 preset temps, 6 that are in fact usable.

Honestly, if those are the reasons why, i will get the solo anyday.

Im curious to how you came to the decision between these two. It seems you should make a little more research. Have you checked the INH and the PAX?

About the MFLB and the NO2, they are solid units but have their flaws. YOu have yet to find a vaporizer where you don't hear "bad things".

I have seen the PAX, seems a little expensive. Also, it seems really aesthetic, I don't know how much of the cost goes toward aesthetics, but I don't REALLY care about what the vape looks like. Looks like an Apple product lol. The INH, again, expensive.

And I know that no vape is perfect, just in my research, I've seen a fair amount of either love/hate reviews for the N02 and MFLB. So because of that I feel they're a little hit or miss depending on the person. So again, I am not expert, but short of buying them all, that's all I have to go on.

tiestorocks,
But then again, that's why I'm coming here. I'm sure you guys know infinitely more on the subject than I.

tiestorocks,

Pcpvapors

I can't recall if thermovape products have a due out date yet, I know the long awaited herb cart for the persei/omicron is due out November 14?

Pcpvapors,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Do you know a time frame on these?

I have seen the PAX, seems a little expensive. Also, it seems really aesthetic, I don't know how much of the cost goes toward aesthetics, but I don't REALLY care about what the vape looks like. Looks like an Apple product lol. The INH, again, expensive.

And I know that no vape is perfect, just in my research, I've seen a fair amount of either love/hate reviews for the N02 and MFLB. So because of that I feel they're a little hit or miss depending on the person. So again, I am not expert, but short of buying them all, that's all I have to go on.

I'm sorry, but a 30$ difference doesn't cut it out of the "expensive" category. If you don't find the VB expensive at 220$, how come you find the INH expensive at 250$? or the Solo, that has a 160$ price tag with the puffitup discount?

I also don't see the problem in something looking good if it works as it should.

IMO, get the Solo or the INH and forget the VB.

If you don't agree i suggest more research, here at FC, not in some website.

EDIT: Just re-read your original post. Don't get the VB. It is the least from efficient.

vorrange,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've been quite unimpressed by the VaporBlunt and the way that the company supports it users. People have had to wait months to get a reply from the company and only got one after publicly complaining. As well it seems to be prone to clogging over time and less effective at extraction than it's competition. The inhalater uses this same sort of cigar shape as the VB but suffers from none of these problems and heats up in 30 seconds. Plus it uses USB to charge.

Don't let 30 dollars savings trick you into settling for a sup-par vape. That being said; the Solo is also a much better choice than the VB, and much cheaper.

CentiZen,

Pcpvapors

Solo is currently on sale for 160$ through Puff It up. Definitely worth it especially at that price point.

Although the glass on the solo is fragile to an extent, I personally am strying away from the INH and PAX until long term durability is known. The solo is a damn rock really it's solid.

Pcpvapors,
I'm sorry, but a 30$ difference doesn't cut it out of the "expensive" category. If you don't find the VB expensive at 220$, how come you find the INH expensive at 250$? or the Solo, that has a 160$ price tag with the puffitup discount?

I also don't see the problem in something looking good if it works as it should.

IMO, get the Solo or the INH and forget the VB.

If you don't agree i suggest more research, here at FC, not in some website.

EDIT: Just re-read your original post. Don't get the VB. It is the least from efficient.

Correct, a $30 difference is close to nothing. However, I'm looking at eBay, and I can get a new Vapor Blunt for $155 with free shipping. In my local headshop, $175. So at $220, I would not consider a VB.

As per your suggestions, and others on this thread, I will forget about the VB. Also, I'll give the INH and the PAX another look.

Also, a note about my comment about aesthetics. I agree that something looking good is no problem. However, I am skeptic, because I know that aesthetics is not free. So how much of the cost is going towards aesthetics versus the function? Again, I can't possibly know without owning one.

tiestorocks,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Correct, a $30 difference is close to nothing. However, I'm looking at eBay, and I can get a new Vapor Blunt for $155 with free shipping. In my local headshop, $175. So at $220, I would not consider a VB.

As per your suggestions, and others on this thread, I will forget about the VB. Also, I'll give the INH and the PAX another look.

Also, a note about my comment about aesthetics. I agree that something looking good is no problem. However, I am skeptic, because I know that aesthetics is not free. So how much of the cost is going towards aesthetics versus the function? Again, I can't possibly know without owning one.

That is ebay price, not regular prices. Perhaps you will find the INH there as well, way cheaper than 220. And 175$ is still more expensive than the better option of the Solo at 160$. So not really an argument when it comes to price.

I personally like the aesthetics of the PAX because it is discreet. It looks pretty but it is just a larger bic shaped vaporizer, not some convoluted sleek design. I don't think it is the best option in many ways, and it should be an option if you are more into stealth than taste.

This is why i recommended you to check the INH and the Solo. They are not units with stealth in mind, although they can be hid and carried with relative ease.

The INH has no glass and a bit more battery and 2 more preset temperatures. It also uses polymide chambers instead of glass stems. It makes for a more sturdy, less accident prone vaporizer.

One last thing: Why portables? Do you just want the mobility or dismissed the wall units? Because i am pretty sure the store owner did not try the good wall units, to say the vb is better than them.

vorrange,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

Hm, I wasn't aware that the prices for the VB had dropped so drastically. I guess the re-sellers are trying to cut their losses and liquidate them. I think you are making a good choice by forgetting the VB and moving on to the more popular units.

I shared your concern over the asthetics of the pax. I've only gotten a couple of opportunities to try them but when I did I was very impressed by it. I'd still rather use an inhalater for taste and easy of charging though. The only thing the pax suffers from because of the asthetics is that there is no easy way to change the temperature without removing the mouthpiece. With the INH and solo you can change temp one handed.

CentiZen,
That is ebay price, not regular prices. Perhaps you will find the INH there as well, way cheaper than 220. And 175$ is still more expensive than the better option of the Solo at 160$. So not really an argument when it comes to price.

I personally like the aesthetics of the PAX because it is discreet. It looks pretty but it is just a larger bic shaped vaporizer, not some convoluted sleek design. I don't think it is the best option in many ways, and it should be an option if you are more into stealth than taste.

This is why i recommended you to check the INH and the Solo. They are not units with stealth in mind, although they can be hid and carried with relative ease.

The INH has no glass and a bit more battery and 2 more preset temperatures. It also uses polymide chambers instead of glass stems. It makes for a more sturdy, less accident prone vaporizer.

One last thing: Why portables? Do you just want the mobility or dismissed the wall units? Because i am pretty sure the store owner did not try the good wall units, to say the vb is better than them.

I will agree, the PAX is a sexy little device. In fact, now I'm considering maybe biting the bullet and buying one, ugh, what to do. For reference, eBay (currently) has an Inhalater for $235 free shipping. Oddly enough, eBay has some Pax's for more than what they go for on other websites.

Why portables? For the portability, and the stealth factor.

Hm, I wasn't aware that the prices for the VB had dropped so drastically. I guess the re-sellers are trying to cut their losses and liquidate them. I think you are making a good choice by forgetting the VB and moving on to the more popular units.

I shared your concern over the asthetics of the pax. I've only gotten a couple of opportunities to try them but when I did I was very impressed by it. I'd still rather use an inhalater for taste and easy of charging though. The only thing the pax suffers from because of the asthetics is that there is no easy way to change the temperature without removing the mouthpiece. With the INH and solo you can change temp one handed.

Well, when it comes to the taste of herbs, mock me all you will, but I'm not really after the taste. I don't think it's disgusting, but I'm not a huge fan of it. In my eyes, it's just a byproduct of smoking/vaping/[insert your favorite method of herb enjoyment].

tiestorocks,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I will agree, the PAX is a sexy little device. In fact, now I'm considering maybe biting the bullet and buying one, ugh, what to do. For reference, eBay (currently) has an Inhalater for $235 free shipping. Oddly enough, eBay has some Pax's for more than what they go for on other websites.

Why portables? For the portability, and the stealth factor.

Well, when it comes to the taste of herbs, mock me all you will, but I'm not really after the taste. I don't think it's disgusting, but I'm not a huge fan of it. In my eyes, it's just a byproduct of smoking/vaping/[insert your favorite method of herb enjoyment].

Check planetvape.ca, puffitup.com first, before ebay and amazon. There are reports all the time about dumping deffective products using low prices from some members.

Right now i suggest you really evaluate your preferences to choose between them.

vorrange,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

I as well used to be of this opinion... but I think you will be surprised

CentiZen,
Same for me. I very much disliked the taste of vapor initially because I wasn`t used to it. Love tasting different strains now.

On topic: I can`t say I know a lot about the Vapor Blunt, but I do really love my Solo.

kingofnull,

CentiZen, by the looks of your signature photo, you own both a solo and an inhalater? Care to give your thoughts on comparing the two? (i.e. which one is more efficient, has easier pulls, etc)

tiestorocks,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Sure thing. Since I've got my inhalater my use of the Solo has dropped significantly, and if fact, I haven't used it as a portable for months. However, I do still use it with my water pipes because of the long and thick pulls you can get off of it. Both of them are exceptional vapes which can cover all bases, but I find that I use the inhalater more than anything because it is so small and easy to carry around in a pocket. The solo is very big and almost requires a bag. However it justifies that with better battery life. This is a rough breakdown of my thoughts on each:

INH:

- Taste is incredible, at lower setting it tastes exactly like the smell of your herbs
- Very small and easy to tote around without sacrificing anything
- Large, dense clouds and great extraction
- Micro-USB is such a ridiculously convenient charging interface that I'm amazed more companies aren't incorporating it in their vapes
- Can use it while charging
- Lasts at least a day of use on one charge
- Inhalater is a friendly company with a presence here
- Currently quite expensive

Solo:

- Very good taste, especially on the first few pulls
- Not that great in a pocket,
- Ridiculously large clouds on higher settings, very good extraction
- Uses a barrel plug charger which is common for external hard drives and other moderately high power consumption device (12v)
- Can't be use while charging, if you want to run it without battery you need a special power brick
- Lasts a day of heavy use on one charge
- Arizer has no presence on the forum and has been known to leave some customers hanging (especially with dead and dying batteries)
- Cheap and lots of cool accessories available

The hits off of each are great but the solo has a slight edge. Because it's simply a bigger unit, with a bigger element, the pulls last longer before thinning out on it. Both can whitewall a large tube though. They both can extract to a near combusted blackened herb state, but it's do more at once with the inhalater.

CentiZen,
Reactions: vorrange
Wow. Killer review. Thanks. (I know that sounds really sarcastic, but it's not. I just wasn't expecting such a long review haha)
Oh man, I hate making these sorts of decisions. Which one would you say is more efficient, if any?

tiestorocks,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
What's your tolerance like and where will you be using it majority of the time (indoor, outdoor, on the go...)

The efficiency is quite close on both, with the tip of the hat going to the inhalater. What it really comes down to is where you will be using it most.

CentiZen,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom