Vapor Spam Thread

Purple-Days

Thanks, shows what I know about film... :lol:

I though I could tell that it was pre - US entry. Didn't want to offend anyone and use a swastika? But the message is clear (Chaplin's message). And the original speech sounds so... good? Folks will but into anything... :/

Here is the Wikipedia info on the film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
glad you like the clip tom...Chaplin is an awesome guy. watch more of his films....they are a laugh and a half :lol:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the tip. :cool: Just changed the que at Netflix and it will probably get here Monday. I want to see the thing in context of the whole movie. He lived till 1977 and must have an interesting story.

BTW Netflix has changed our viewing. TV sucks so bad. I didn't know they (Netflix) had so much available for instant viewing. We have been watching Faulty Towers and Waiting For God and Keeping Up Appearances and all the other British comedy. Funny stuff.

Purple-Days,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yes i remember reading that a whille back, it inspired me into having one of my most spiritual moments with cannabis + meditation

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Loarun

So AoZ would you recommend trying to follow the directions put out by the World Mind Society.

I am always a skeptical person when it comes to things like this, which i think hinders my ability to follow through with them. A personal recounting of the topic would be greatly appreciated :)

Loarun,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Oh man have any of you guys watched the show Flight of the Conchords? It is absolutely brilliant, i pretty much only watch South Park, Weeds ( rewatching episodes 4-5 times now haha! ), Flight of the Conchords, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, how about you guys?

Survivalism,

lwien

Curb your Enthusiasm was hysterical (Larry David and Woody Allen came from the same tree, I think).
I watched every episode of that series along with Entourage. Wish I could get Weeds :(.

"Friday Night Lights." Really innovative camera work.
"24" is kinda fun sometimes.
"Dollhouse" (giving it a chance to take hold), only because "Firefly" and "Serenity" turned me into a Josh Wheedon fan. He's even got a Summer Glau look-a-like playing the female role.
"Real Time with Bill Mahar "
And every once in awhile, I go on a John Stewart/Steven Colbert run.

lwien,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Survivalism said:
Oh man have any of you guys watched the show Flight of the Conchords? It is absolutely brilliant, i pretty much only watch South Park, Weeds ( rewatching episodes 4-5 times now haha! ), Flight of the Conchords, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, how about you guys?
Flight of the Concords = Kiwi Humour. Extremly deadpan but funny country men of mine :)

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Loarun said:
So AoZ would you recommend trying to follow the directions put out by the World Mind Society.

I am always a skeptical person when it comes to things like this, which i think hinders my ability to follow through with them. A personal recounting of the topic would be greatly appreciated :)
cannabis is a very useful spiritual teacher, but the lessons must be sought after and so most never unlock that potential

i got into psychonautics and stuff about a year before i started smoking, then at first i was wary to incorporate cannabis into my spiritual journeys. then suddenly 4 months after i started smoking, it struck me that i could probably get a lot done using cannabis as an aide to meditation. unfortunately that was about the time i got busted by my parents, but it was one of my most spiritual experiences and it gave me the willpower to finally get off antidepressants. but over the 5 or 6 months it took for me to get over the withdrawals i could focus enough or didnt have enough energy to meditate, and now i have to relearn because many of the skills slipped away

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Purple-Days

Went over to see what chat looked like (again). Not sure I can figure it out. Is it a working item?

Pammy watches that show, jklasd, some of it is pretty funny.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Tom said:
Went over to see what chat looked like (again). Not sure I can figure it out. Is it a working item?
If you mean the chatroom, it's likely that no one in there was at the computer. Many people 'idle' in there. Prog and I are chatting as I type this.

vc said:
Flight of the Concords = Kiwi Humour. Extremly deadpan but funny country men of mine
:wave: Mr. Kiwi :)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Thanks VTAC, I had the CTRL + (for magnification of text) so high that I didn't see the box at the bottom, and just wondered what the grey screen was about, :lol:

Purple-Days,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Haha, one of my favourite episodes of anything by far is the flight of the conchords episode with david bowie from the 1982 ziggy stardust tour.

Survivalism,

lwien

Survivalism said:
Haha, one of my favourite episodes of anything by far is the flight of the conchords episode with david bowie from the 1982 ziggy stardust tour.
I saw that live !! What was almost even better was the audience that came out in full costume array.

lwien,

NoSmoke

I really love Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, that stuff is sooo funny. I watch it over and over and still laugh

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

Purple-Days,

Loarun

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
Loarun said:

cannabis is a very useful spiritual teacher, but the lessons must be sought after and so most never unlock that potential

i got into psychonautics and stuff about a year before i started smoking, then at first i was wary to incorporate cannabis into my spiritual journeys. then suddenly 4 months after i started smoking, it struck me that i could probably get a lot done using cannabis as an aide to meditation. unfortunately that was about the time i got busted by my parents, but it was one of my most spiritual experiences and it gave me the willpower to finally get off antidepressants. but over the 5 or 6 months it took for me to get over the withdrawals i could focus enough or didnt have enough energy to meditate, and now i have to relearn because many of the skills slipped away
Thank you
This helps a lot, I have always been interested in meditation because of the possibilities of having a brain with complete functionality. I do not know the source of this information so it might be a slight bit shady but, only a small percent of the human brain is working at any given time. Having a mind of total conciseness seems almost too good to be true. My imagination always sparks when i think of the possibilities, not of psychic nature or anything out of the control of the mind but things like... Slowing time, being more aware of the surrounding environment, controlling feelings and sensations within the body and of course the mythical idea of finding oneself beyond a sober reality.

It is a great undertaking to meditate regularly without hindering focus but, i have to start somewhere =)

any suggestions for a beginner mediator :lol:

Loarun,
Top Bottom