Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

Whissmu

@Whissmu

What do you mean by "the end burns", that it becomes hot and you can accidentally scorch yourself, or that you burn your load at the lower end?

The first option, to burn the skin after heating the vaponic ... sometimes too medicated or stealthy medication where it has pick up very fast produce accidents ....

Whissmu,
Reactions: PPN

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I only had a burning sensation when cleaning my vaponic while being medicated: While heating the inner tube to get rid of the last specs of dirt, I dropped it but my reflexes kicked in and I caught it in mid-air, scorching my thumb and index finger.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Due to a cold, I am currently having a sore throat. To go easy on my airways, I coupled the vaponic+ with my pinnacle hydrotube (filled with hot water). To make a good connection, I used the silicone part of the storm/xmax' glass mouth piece (see image below) that fits perfectly around the vaponic's mouthpiece (just make sure the air intake holes are not covered). This produced really moist and soothing clouds. If I find the time, I am going to fashion a proper wong adapter on the weekend.

Storm-Glass-Mouthpeice-CU.jpg

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Vaponic Plus is arrived!

The wood box doesn't carry a lot more than a nicer look, a protection for user and more heat retention (especially noticeable outdoors) and that's already enough for me to justify the purchase!

The Vaponic is a true nice small vape and the Plus make it easier to use but it is still exactly the same vape.

Will post a pic soon...

Whissmu

Due to a cold, I am currently having a sore throat. To go easy on my airways, I coupled the vaponic+ with my pinnacle hydrotube (filled with hot water). To make a good connection, I used the silicone part of the storm/xmax' glass mouth piece (see image below) that fits perfectly around the vaponic's mouthpiece (just make sure the air intake holes are not covered). This produced really moist and soothing clouds. If I find the time, I am going to fashion a proper wong adapter on the weekend.

Storm-Glass-Mouthpeice-CU.jpg

If you can, show a photo of the vapes "linked"

The Vaponic Plus is arrived!

The wood box doesn't carry a lot more than a nicer look, a protection for user and more heat retention (especially noticeable outdoors) and that's already enough for me to justify the purchase!

The Vaponic is a true nice small vape and the Plus make it easier to use but it is still exactly the same vape.

Will post a pic soon...

When your sell it is separately , i order one!

I prefer dry vaponic, if I ever filter it by water I use a reducer to 14,5mm, sometimes I use a rubber seal of the mighty / crafty
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned

Yes, and I also like the little cotton sack that came with it to put all my gear in (lighter, stash, avb container)

If you can, show a photo of the vapes "linked"
It is not really something special:
  • add the silicone thing to the mouth piece
  • heat it up
  • attach the hydrotube and inhale
I will upload some images this evening.

I prefer dry vaponic, if I ever filter it by water I use a reducer to 14,5mm, sometimes I use a rubber seal of the mighty / crafty

So do I, only when I am having a cold.
Your bubbler looks nice, where did you buy that?

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Thanks, I ordered one - I was looking for something small and cheap (and I have time to wait), also to use with the vapocane (although I liked it with the j-hook, as water seems to filter out a lot of terpenes).

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
On Saturday, I finally had the opportunity to test a Mighty which a friend had bought recently. I was really excited on how the experience would be, as it is often referred to as the reference for portable vapes (and I was a couple of times very close to ordering one). And, as expected, we had a nice session. However, monetary considerations aside, I would not trade my vaponic+ for a mighty. Don't get me wrong here: it produces exquisite vapor and is much easier to use in group sessions. But as my personal vape for usage in the evening I prefer the vaponic: The taste is better and purer (IMHO) and I just love the heating ritual and the hunt for "the perfect session" (definition may vary from day to day).

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Nice! You said, you owned a vapcap before. Was the switch smooth and did your heating method you used for the vapcap apply as well for the vaponic?

Schroedinger,

ander

Nice! You said, you owned a vapcap before. Was the switch smooth and did your heating method you used for the vapcap apply as well for the vaponic?
Well, we still need to know each other a bit better since it seems that I tend to heat it up too much frequently like I was doing with the VC... but it's a normal transition. I like this new somewhat instinctive approach...

And for who doesn't know... I'm (also...) addicted to DIY, and I love cork..!
IMG_3561.jpg

Hey! The middle part is smiling...

Last edited:

Whissmu

@Whissmu : actually the hydrotube was pretty cheap (18 €, I think).

I have found on ebay for 15$ ...
... but a little money from here and there makes a hole in my pocket ...

Well, we still need to know each other a bit better since it seems that I tend to heat it up too much frequently like I was doing with the VC... but it's a normal transition. I like this new somewhat instinctive approach...

IMG_3561.jpg

Wow, great recycled .... great skill in your hands .. my curiosity would be; How does the cork isolate the heat?

The vapcap are pure taste like the vaponic? Recently I own a vapman and I have noticed a lot of flavor loss and other things .. although for this last I should wait at least a month of daily use compared to a year and a half that I wear using of the vaponic (almost every days)

Whissmu,

Whissmu

Very well... but seems not suitable for heat retention, like the Vaponic+ is. there's steel inside I guess..?

Well is soon to talk for me... but the technique with the VC was different... minor airflow, sometimes more intense flavor?

yes..I not burn and insulate the heat i would i be happy :)

more intense? More than glass? I do not doubt it, it surprises me ...

Personnaly I think the Vapcap is great for clouds but the Vaponic taste better.

I with the vaponic I get white clouds and several shots warmed once ..

I hope to meet the best qualities of both (vaponic and vapman) I'll catch a vapcap (omni vap) someday... Accustomed to the taste of the vaponic I doubt it improves with the vapcap

Last edited:
Whissmu,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned

IMG_3561.jpg

This looks great, how do you work the cork without it falling apart?

Very well... but seems not suitable for heat retention, like the Vaponic+ is. there's steel inside I guess..?
No, there is no steel inside, but there is air (good for isolation) between the wood and the glass, without direct contact where heat could be transferred directly.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: ander

ander

but there is air
Ah... ok, so it's possible with cork too!

The cork is VERY simple to work. With these thin pieces it all really depends from quality of the material. As you may see the central sleeve is more dense, the other pieces are from unlucky corks. Anyway what I use is an old driller mounted in an adjustable column, and with the same build I have built a rudimental lathe. So first I reach the external diameter needed with sandpaper, and then I slowly drill the cork.

EDIT
Ah... ok, so it's possible with cork too!
In fact, what I need is to simply invert the cork caps...
IMG_3563.jpg

and voilà... CorkVaponic+.

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Cool!! The vaponic looks like it is very comfortable in a cozy home ;) . I need to collect some good corks. The ones I tried playing with fell apart quickly when drilling holes.
Maybe add some metal parts to avoid accidental burning where the torch points.

Schroedinger,

ander

From what I know, this was first an idea of @paytonpenn adapted to the VapCap, so... many thanks. But I discovered it as the "VapCap 510 Heater Build (Based on "The Project")". I have adapted it again to the Vaponic, and applied an overdose of DIY and this is the result. Many thanks to @Pipes and @natural farmer for the many ispirations.

vapheatonic.jpg

Someone could say that it breaks the challenge, and so the poetry of this vaporizer but I must admit that my charring percentage is about 25%... sure, a question of learning. But I also admit that I bought the Vaponic with this idea in mind and hey... it works... and very very well.

Top Bottom