Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

ander

A single flame and a slow rising heat is surely one of the key for success. Sometimes I still surpass the line and some charring happens, but I've got my first Perfect Session yesterday and... oh my... :whoa:

IMG_3614s.jpg

Reward time in the windy, wonderful springtime

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Yes it is, how do you know..?! A beautiful spot full of ugly things, embraced by wilderness and human misery.
The ugly things are blurry;) It just looks like an archetypal northern Italian town.
ah, yes... south mitteleuropa...
Yes, probably not very far from me, just some Alps between.

BTW: I really like your cork encasing.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: ander

ander

A single flame and a slow rising heat is surely one of the key for success.
Nah nah nah nah nah... sorry, dear pyromaniacs. All you need is this
This morning I screwed on the bulb again after a week of butane torch... well, hard to compare. Maybe I'm not a Master of Torch yet, but getting the best from every, EVERY session with full control and constant results... well I don't really know if it's possible in other ways.
If someone is interested I will be happy to share what I know. And if you need Pipes, the father of all the Projects, can do the rest. With a max of 100 coins you'll have what you and your Vaponic deserve :whoa:.
I'm not selling anything. Components are cheap. Shape your cork or whatever. Cut your vial. The rest is Project material. Found another build..? Cool.
I will not spend any other word... cause I know... we live in a VapCap World.

:peace:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
So nice to see the Vaponic getting so much new love.

Loving the new casing too..... it's a shame its not available to buy separately.

Looking forward to your review @Dutch-Mic . For me personally, the Vaponic is a much more pleasurable vaping experience when compared with my OG Vapcap - the flavour being the winning factor - it just tastes so very pure.

:2c::leaf::peace:

I couldn't agree more with all of the above.

The Vaponic was what i grabbed in the brief time my nano was out of commission. I find it gives very similar results.

Along with the fw3, this is, for me, the holy trinity of vapes:-

Vaponic-butane
fw3-battery
nano-desktop mains power

All bases covered.

With all 3 having a similar vape signature. My favourite. For me that is the uplifting, euphoric, heady type of effects.

Of course, i regularly use all of my vapes, but (please, no) if i had to choose just 3...

Dutch-Mic

Finished my studies, now I have time for a comparison between the Vaponic and the Vapcap OG! Used criteria: Price, looks, user friendliness, taste, cleaning, spare parts and overall experience.

Price (in euros)

Both vapes cost around 40 euros in Europe. The VC arrives in a plastic tube. The Dynastash, which I really recommend, is more expensive than the VC itself. You pay around 90-95 euros for the full Dynavap experience. The vaponic includes a practical marker case. But to be fair, both are inexpensive!

Vaponic: 1 VC OG: 1

Looks

Don't try to impress your friends/family with the looks. The Vaponic and the VC OG provoked the expected reactions from my friends (crackpipe!). The marker case of the Vaponic is very stealthy. I'm a teacher who uses markers a lot. I hope the day won't come I accidentally pull my Vaponic out of my backpack in front of a class :D The Dynastash looks like a fine piece of craftmanship and attracts positive attention.

User friendliness

The Vaponic has a more steep learning curve than the VC. The 'holy click' of the VC is the perfect indicator. Just listen to the click and you know you're ready to vape! You could use it even when it's faintly dark. The heat up time is also very short if you use a dual torch lighter. The Vaponic lacks a clear 'ready to vape' indicator. That's why I combusted more with it than with the VC. It takes patience, diligence and trial and error experiences to find the 'goldilocks zone'. The heat up time is also longer. If you're in a hurry or want a quick fix: the VC is the winner.

The Vaponic and VC are both easy to dis- and reassemble. You can trust me in this. My fine motor skills are horrible and even I can do it. Just watch the YouTube tutorials and you won't have any problems.

Vaponic: 1 VC OG: 2

Taste and draw resistance

Vaping in the goldilocks zone with the Vaponic is, in my opinion, almost a blissful experience. The taste is simply amazing! The vapor is very cool and doesn't irritate my throat. The airflow is very good; no milkshake experience. The Vaponic is very good for 'lung pulling'.
The vapor quality of the VC is also very good. It's a bit difficult to express this in English for me (language barriere hooray!), but if you heat the lower part of the cap, you'll get a very nice tasting hit. With the second and third heat cycle the vapor can irritate my throat a little bit. The VC has way more draw resistance, even if the carb is left open. A combination between mouth - and lung pulling works best for me. The draw resistance is, however, not a drawback for me. If you want outstanding taste and cool vapor, the Vaponic is the winner.

Vaponic: 2 VC OG: 2

Cleaning

Both vapes are very easy to clean. The Vaponic includes a practical multi tool that can be used to clean and disassemble the vaporizer. I use 99% ISO cleaning wipes to clean all the glass parts. I put the silicone connecting piece in hot water. The VC is also very easy to clean, especially with the multitool from Vaponic :D The rubber mouth piece is a bit difficult to clean for me. That's why:

Vaponic: 3: VG OG: 2

Spare parts

You can buy for both vapes spare parts. For European FC members, Vaposhop has now VC spare parts in stock! The only spare part of the Vaponic I can't find is the silicone connecting piece. Therefore:

Vaponic 3: VG OG: 3

Overall experience

The learning curve may be a bit steep, but the Vaponic shines in terms of vapor quality! I grab it when I want to relax in my armchair and want to vape mindfully. It's the perfect 'cheapskate connaisseur vaporizer'! I use it to taste strains. The VC OG is easy to use and the ideal companion while studying/working thanks to the quick heating time and the temperature indicating click . The vapor quality is also very, very good. When I wake up in pain at night, I grab the VC OG to get medicated quickly.

In conclusion: The VC is a great addition to the Vaponic or vice versa. I'm glad I own both :)

ander

@Dutch-Mic Great comparison/review and I completely agree on the "need" of owning both..! :nod:

Forgot to mention a peculiar feature of the Vaponic, that I've noticed using the Heating Station: I could call it "auto reclaim vaporization". Yesterday I've got 3-4 shots from an empty Vaponic: with the vertical heating and by pulling with the Vaponic looking down, the resin flows toward the screen and vaporizes...:whoa:

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Dutch-Mic very accurate comparison. And I use them the same way as you. Vaponic+ when I want to enjoy and VC for a quick on the go toking (I own the Ti-Woody-S and the M) and you can just pocket it without worrying about broken glass.
The only spare part of the Vaponic I can't find is the silicone connecting piece
You can get all spare part here http://www.vaponic.com/shop/en/8-vaponic-vaporizador-portatil-repuestos (with free European shipping > 25 €). For the outer tubing, you can simply use any 12x75 mm lab glass (very cheap) - see earlier posts.

Last edited:

herbalist33

Finished my studies, now I have time for a comparison between the Vaponic and the Vapcap OG! Used criteria: Price, looks, user friendliness, taste, cleaning, spare parts and overall experience.

Price (in euros)

Both vapes cost around 40 euros in Europe. The VC arrives in a plastic tube. The Dynastash, which I really recommend, is more expensive than the VC itself. You pay around 90-95 euros for the full Dynavap experience. The vaponic includes a practical marker case. But to be fair, both are inexpensive!

Looks

Don't try to impress your friends/family with the looks. The Vaponic and the VC OG provoked the expected reactions from my friends (crackpipe!). The marker case of the Vaponic is very stealthy. I'm a teacher who uses markers a lot. I hope the day won't come I accidentally pull my Vaponic out of my backpack in front of a class :D The Dynastash looks like a fine piece of craftmanship and attracts positive attention.

User friendliness

The Vaponic has a more steep learning curve than the VC. The 'holy click' of the VC is the perfect indicator. Just listen to the click and you know you're ready to vape! You could use it even when it's faintly dark. The heat up time is also very short if you use a dual torch lighter. The Vaponic lacks a clear 'ready to vape' indicator. That's why I combusted more with it than with the VC. It takes patience, diligence and trial and error experiences to find the 'goldilocks zone'. The heat up time is also longer. If you're in a hurry or want a quick fix: the VC is the winner.

The Vaponic and VC are both easy to dis- and reassemble. You can trust me in this. My fine motor skills are horrible and even I can do it. Just watch the YouTube tutorials and you won't have any problems.

Vaping in the goldilocks zone with the Vaponic is, in my opinion, almost a blissful experience. The taste is simply amazing! The vapor is very cool and doesn't irritate my throat. The airflow is very good; no milkshake experience. The Vaponic is very good for 'lung pulling'.
The vapor quality of the VC is also very good. It's a bit difficult to express this in English for me (language barriere hooray!), but if you heat the lower part of the cap, you'll get a very nice tasting hit. With the second and third heat cycle the vapor can irritate my throat a little bit. The VC has way more draw resistance, even if the carb is left open. A combination between mouth - and lung pulling works best for me. The draw resistance is, however, not a drawback for me. If you want outstanding taste and cool vapor, the Vaponic is the winner.

Cleaning

Both vapes are very easy to clean. The Vaponic includes a practical multi tool that can be used to clean and disassemble the vaporizer. I use 99% ISO cleaning wipes to clean all the glass parts. I put the silicone connecting piece in hot water. The VC is also very easy to clean, especially with the multitool from Vaponic :D The rubber mouth piece is a bit difficult to clean for me. That's why:

Spare parts

You can buy for both vapes spare parts. For European FC members, Vaposhop has now VC spare parts in stock! The only spare part of the Vaponic I can't find is the silicone connecting piece. Therefore:

Overall experience

The learning curve may be a bit steep, but the Vaponic shines in terms of vapor quality! I grab it when I want to relax in my armchair and want to vape mindfully. It's the perfect 'cheapskate connaisseur vaporizer'! I use it to taste strains. The VC OG is easy to use and the ideal companion while studying/working thanks to the quick heating time and the temperature indicating click . The vapor quality is also very, very good. When I wake up in pain at night, I grab the VC OG to get medicated quickly.

In conclusion: The VC is a great addition to the Vaponic or vice versa. I'm glad I own both :)

I completely agree with your comparison! You have hit the nail on the head. The vaponic was the second vape I owned (after the vapbong), and I went through many vapes of different types in order to come full circle and finding that my vaponic is now my 'connoisseur' vape which I tend to hit with my morning coffee (you should try it- it's amazing!). And then if I want a quick top up, il hit my omnivap. Those are my two daily drivers, and if I want to go through water, the Omnivap has that covered too!
I love my vaponic, the flavour and effect is awesome!
Peace

Dutch-Mic

Forgot to mention a peculiar feature of the Vaponic, that I've noticed using the Heating Station: I could call it "auto reclaim vaporization". Yesterday I've got 3-4 shots from an empty Vaponic: with the vertical heating and by pulling with the Vaponic looking down, the resin flows toward the screen and vaporizes...:whoa:

Super efficient way to vape!

@Schroedinger thanks for tip! To be frank, I only looked at the Vaposhop and Azarius webshops (and maybe vapefiend). On a side note, Vaposhop sells the plus version now.

@herbalist33 Sounds like good start of the morning, to use the Vaponic and drink coffee. Going to eat breakfast first, then I'll copy your morning ritual!

I'd like to thank the people who posted in this thread. Without your enthusiasm I would have missed the Vaponic experience :nod:

Whissmu

Price (in euros)

Looks

User friendliness

Cleaning

Spare parts

Overall experience

Good comparative, I agree with everything, I have been using the vaponic to daily for more than a year and I would add some notes with the author's permission;

The spare parts of vaponic in europe are easier to find than the vapcap which in my country is not known ..

The vapcap after heating allows you a hit as I understand (I do not have any VapCap yet) the vaponic allows you to take several clouds in several hits ..

The vaponic is less practical, also less secretive, just because it requires some attention in its manipulation, not to break crystals, not to burn or burn anything if you have to collect / interrupt your session unforeseen, especially if this Hot ... the vapcap is more protected..

Dutch-Mic

Permission granted :tup:
Thank you for the extra notes @Whissmu . Regarding the spare parts in Europe, Vaposhop sells now several vc parts, like the ccd screens.

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Whissmu

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Received a Vapcap "M" yesterday and it convinces me that I prefer the Vaponic which give me tastier hits and more clouds and the abv is always pretty spent. To get the same abv in the VapCap you need a lot of heating cycles with poor vapor production&taste, or to heat after the clic which is not recommanded in the user guide.
I agree the Vaponic need a lot of cares to handle.... a metal version (at least for the outer tube) would be awesome and could offer induction heating option also!

Edit: Just after wrote that I put a chunk of ungrounded flowers in my VapCap and got a very similar session than in the Vaponic so in definitive they are closer than I thought but the Vaponic is easier to play with higher temp since heating past the clic is not recommanded in the VapCap.

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I also bought the M and own the Ti-Woody-S as well and used them extensively for 2 months or so. I love them for being unbreakable and that you can just put them in your pants pockets without a second thought. I use them to get medicated quickly at any place or to pass in a small group (just pass on the lighter too). Depending on how you heat the cap, the results vary.
But..., coming back to the vaponic after a day using only one of the vapcaps still makes me think "wow, this tastes so much better". Weirdly, my results are more consistent with the vaponic, too. And, as @PPN pointed out, you can approach the high temp levels easier without the burnt taste. For me, they both complement each other quite nice.

And yes @herbalist33 @Dutch-Mic , nothing beats a quiet Sunday morning (rare and only if the kids are away) with a vaponic and an espresso.

Dutch-Mic

I agree the Vaponic need a lot of cares to handle.... a metal version (at least for the outer tube) would be awesome and could offer induction heating option also!

I broke my Vaponic literally a half hour ago :doh: It slipped out of my hands and dropped on the floor. Damage: inner tube is broken and the outer tube has a crack in it. I mailed Azarius (dutch webshop) to ask about the warranty procedure. Guess only espresso for me @Schroedinger!

About the vapor quality between VC and Vaponic, the taste is great with both, but I prefer how the Vaponic produces cooler vapor. No throat irritation whatsoever. Miss my Vaponic already!

Edit: I'm familiar with the VC OG and M.

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Dutch-Mic Sorry to hear that. I keep one replacement inner tube and 20 cheap outer tubes (see post on cheap replacements) as backup. So far, I only destroyed one outer tube once in 6 months (dropped the vaponic+ multiple times and luckily the inner tube stayed intact). I have to admit that I own the vaponic+ which is a bit safer.

Dutch-Mic

Thanks for the advice @Schroedinger. So many outer tubes for such a small price is a great deal.

The Vaponic plus would be more suitable for me, knowing that ADHD, clumsiness and the Vaponic isn't always a great combination.

Dutch-Mic,

natural farmer

If you like the vaponic as much as me .. I would advise the following;
- get another vaponic as backup
- buy cheap exterior tubes to china
The vaponic for me, is the purest in flavor, the most efficient in clouds and consumption but also the most delicate
image.jpguu
As much as I'd love to taste and fondle with the Vaponic, I really hate the delicate part of it. All tools should be made to last imo. It's more sustainable all-around.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@natural farmer as much as I agree on the sustainable part, I think you cannot get that a pure taste with other material as glass - which also helps with the visual control. Also the garbage produced is only glass - no poisonous materials as in electronic models that often last less long. I'm a relatively clumsy person and managed to destroy only one outer tube in 6 months (cost = 0.26€). And yes I usually take the vapcap for a night out with me for the sturdiness. But as said before, noting beats drinking espresso and enjoying your favorite strains (and actually tasting the differences very clearly) with the vaponic.

EDIT: it is also quite cheap: you get the entire vaponic and pen housing for 27€ on Amazon. The only more costly replacement would be the inner tube, which you can buy for 9€ at the manufacturer - with free shipping over 25€.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think you cannot get that a pure taste with other material as glass
I mentionned something I want to try:
replacing the outer tube with a metal one would make it more solid and might be good for induction heating using the induction heater from @Pipes .... although not sure about the taste...

Another thing, I bought 1 year ago a butane vape (cheap!) called the Ilite which is not designed to be used like the Vaponic but can do it. The big advantage of this one is the bowl is thinner and slimer, it is perfect for micro-dosing and works a lot better with concentrates than the vaponic bowl cause heat is more concentrated. I like it too cause this vape doesn't use any silicone to conect parts to each others as a seal but recycled paper (with a smart shape to get the airflow). I would like to see Vaponic getting better!

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@PPN the induction thing sounds interesting. Please keep us informed about your tests. Can you provide a link to the Ilite?

Schroedinger,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is a thread I created about the Ilite in the Portable Unreleased section with a link to buy it but I don't know if it's still avalaible. The Ilite outer tube is the same than Vaponic.

Edit: about my test I need to find a metal outer tube which fit both the vaponic and the Pipe's induction heater (I just put my name on the list so I can't expect to get it before a month I think....)

PPN,

herbalist33

There is a thread I created about the Ilite in the Portable Unreleased section with a link to buy it but I don't know if it's still avalaible. The Ilite outer tube is the same than Vaponic.

Edit: about my test I need to find a metal outer tube which fit both the vaponic and the Pipe's induction heater (I just put my name on the list so I can't expect to get it before a month I think....)

I could be misunderstanding, but I'm pretty sure the induction heater will still work with the glass tube.

Peace

herbalist33,
Top Bottom