• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Whissmu : I have to thank you: after your thread on the cheap outer tube, I ordered 10 on ebay for 2.50 € (incl. shipping) from a Chinese vendor. As it turned out, I dropped my vaponic+ once too many yesterday and the outer tube broke.
Today (one month (!!!) before the scheduled arrival, due to magic or good karma), the package arrived and the tubes fit perfectly.

but I must admit that my charring percentage is about 25%... sure, a question of learning.
@ander : Do you mean actual charring (bad smell, charcoal remains) or just an overcooking leading to a premature roasty taste (and huge clouds)? If you actually char it, try using a smaller lighter (single flame torch, small flame). I have this and only once in 4 months did I char the load (I have this lighter https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71mJehKf4VL._SY550_.jpg and set the flame to medium intensity). With a creme brulee torch, I overcooked it a couple of times - but never really blackened it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the most important part to prevent overheating: fill the bowl only loosely and don't tamper it down. The less contact to the glass, the less conduction and overheating by convection can easily be mitigated by a stronger draw. The taste will also improve.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Great, link please?
You can also check your local chemical supply stores. Vials are really cheap.
I've had my fun with the original vaponic concept ,but the bowl was always too small for my needs,i prefer using 10mmx100mm test tube for the bowl and 75mmx12mm for the outer heater,works great and both are sold at local chemical supply store at 6 euro for a pack of 100,i always check local first to save some time waiting waiting if not $ :) ,shipping from China takes up two months sometimes.
I suggest that you clean them very well before use cause i find some kind of black lubricant in some of the test tubes.. i think it is used to aid the cutting ,it smell really nasty when heated.

Last edited:

Whissmu

over time and practice, is not necessary to see, or count, or anything, comes automatically, my advice; Give little heat, It is easy to correct if there is no heat.. no solution if burn :goon:

[QUOTE="Schroedinger, post: 1094902, member: 32300"][USER=32002]@Whissmu
: I have to thank you: after your thread on the cheap outer tube, I ordered 10 on ebay for 2.50 € (incl. shipping) from a Chinese vendor. As it turned out, I dropped my vaponic+ once too many yesterday and the outer tube broke.
Today (one month (!!!) before the scheduled arrival, due to magic or good karma), the package arrived and the tubes fit perfectly.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it was useful :clap:[/user]

Last edited:

ander

Is this on-demand heating
Well yes, on-demand heating and adjustable temperature... that's how a TC Box Mod works. With some technique, I don't even have to remove the Vaponic from the glass bell and it seems that I can acquire a shorter, for sure, but more intense session. Still experimenting... but I think is a very good alternative for a thoughtless session: one shot suits perfectly the 15'' heating limit of the Box. With a load I get about 4 shots, where the first is all flavor and no exhaled vapor, the middle is overall the best, the last is more toasted but never charred. Battery duration is acceptable: with a Reuleaux 2/3 with 3 cells mounted I can have energy for more than a day... about 15 sessions I guess. Loving it, but I love challenge too so I alternate with torch.
I forgot to mention the most important part to prevent overheating: fill the bowl only loosely and don't tamper it down.
That was my case... I was trying to reduce airflow a bit by tamping tight....
Give little heat, It is easy to correct if there is no heat.. no solution if burn :goon:
Oh yes so true! ;)

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
That was my case... I was trying to reduce airflow a bit by tamping tight....
Yes, you can do this, just be more careful with the heating then. I sometimes pack it tight and heat it very close to combustion because from time to time I like the full roasty flavor that makes you cough and feels as close to smoking as I ever got with a vape. I also dig the punch (incl. couch lock) it delivers ;).

over time and practice, is not necessary to see, or count, or anything, comes automatically, my advice; Give little heat, It is easy to correct if there is no heat.. no solution if burn :goon:
Haha, yes, I am always stunned what we are capable of learning and then applying intuitively. I also started with counting but now I just know it - however, I love watching the herb turning slowly to brown during the initial draws. I also found that my senses become more alert to the small sensations such as the tickling of the vapor entering your throat. You focus totally on the sensations to gage if the heating was right. Since I use manual heating, I think that I can taste much more details in my herbs, due to this alertness.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: vapen00b

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor : how does 10 x100 fit into 12x75? Do you still use the vaponic mouthpiece and siclione part? It would be nice if you could post a pic.

Yes, you are right. At the ebay price, I was simply too lazy to drive downtown ;) . I also wasn't in a hurry.
My memory is playing me tricks,sry if i mislead someone the outer test tube i was using for my DIY is 13x75mm,just saw it on the box. .Sadly i dont have my 10/100 at hand to show you how it fits and I cant remember what happened with my silicone thing too but i remember that i have replaced it successfully with a piece of tubing cut in a certain shape that allows airflow . I will try and assemble one when i get my hands on 10mm's and post in the DIY section. :))
To avoid confusion in case you need the size for a replacement . i will just say once again that the vaponic uses 12x75 as mentioned not 13x75mm like my DIY.

ander

I have only one year of vaping in my lungs and no experience with big desktop monsters, but I've vaped with Crafty, Mighty, Solo, Air, Flowermate, Haze, Pax2, VapCap... With the Vaponic (and particularly with the Heating Station that must be said... really, really consistent results!) I'm having the best vaping experience and finding the greatest satisfaction so far... and with that, peace. :wave:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I have only one year of vaping in my lungs and no experience with big desktop monsters, but I've vaped with Crafty, Mighty, Solo, Air, Flowermate, Haze, Pax2, VapCap... With the Vaponic (and particularly with the Heating Station that must be said... really, really consistent results!) I'm having the best vaping experience and finding the greatest satisfaction so far... and with that, peace. :wave:

When I broke the outer glass tube (see previous post), I was at a friends house and borrowed a Mighty from his flat mate. It got me high, but I really missed the heating part - it felt like an incomplete session. I hadn't realized how important this was to my vaping experience ;) . It was a weird feeling that something was missing.

Dutch-Mic

Dear Vaponic users,

The VapCap OG converted me to bhutane vapes, and I'm thinking about buying the Vaponic. I read the taste of the Vaponic is amazing, certainly considering the price. But is it a good vape for microdosing? My tolerance is low and only need a little bit of my favourite herbs.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
The VapCap OG converted me to bhutane vapes
I think I developed BPVAS (Butane Powered VAS), too ;)
I recently bought a Ti-Woody-S as an (unbreakable) addition to my Vaponic+ (when I find some time I will write up a complete comparison). So I cannot relate directly to the OG Vapcap. While I enjoy both vapes, with both of them having their pros and cons, IMHO, the taste of the Vaponic is pretty superior to the Ti-Woody. I too have a low tolerance (and am working to keep it that way). I did some thorough testing - that made me leave the orbit temporarily - and both VapCap and Vaponic are very similar when comparing efficiency - using AVB color as a proxy for temp. I sometimes put as little as 0.03g into the Vaponic and it works nicely - actually the less you put in th ere, the more tasteful it becomes because it will result in more convection and less conduction. What I also find nice is the better heat retention of the Vaponic, that allows you to get 3-4 draws per heat cycle (whereas I only get one large draw from the VapCap).

Dutch-Mic

BPVAS is terrible... :D thanks for your post @Schroedinger. And welcome back on earth after your testing session!

The flavor with the VC is way better than with my FlowerMate (which has become a "museum piece" in a drawer). Can't wait to experience an even better taste! The TI-woody will probably be the next BPVAS relapse after the Vaponic has arrived (probably wednesday).
I'll also write a comparison between the two. The VC is probably better for quick daytime use, and the Vaponic for the evening armchair sessions.

Whissmu

Dear Vaponic users,

The VapCap OG converted me to bhutane vapes, and I'm thinking about buying the Vaponic. I read the taste of the Vaponic is amazing, certainly considering the price. But is it a good vape for microdosing? My tolerance is low and only need a little bit of my favourite herbs.

Is perfect for microdosis :tup:... I just charge it with a couple of strands and I squeeze several shots ... the best is the pure taste, the worse the fragility of the crystal ... everything can not be !!
enjoy you vaponic when arrived :rockon:

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

It it my tonic? Ah my Vaponic! The package has arrived. First impression: Very, very flavorful hits and cool vapor. And yes, I combusted once. The device has a learning curve I need to master. In a few days I'll write an comparison between the VapCap OG and the Vaponic.

huk_huk

I'm using this thing a little bit more again because my Grasshopper needs service.

Occasionally I get a one hit extraction with the Vaponic but I've never found a good way to reproduce. I think it happens when you overheat as close to combustion as possible. Also I think waiting up to three seconds after heating provides thicker clouds. Very nice vape overall, I bought it two years ago as a backup option and it's still in use!

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
It it my tonic? Ah my Vaponic! The package has arrived. First impression: Very, very flavorful hits and cool vapor. And yes, I combusted once. The device has a learning curve I need to master. In a few days I'll write an comparison between the VapCap OG and the Vaponic.
To be frank, I combusted twice with the vapcap in the two weeks since I bought it, and only once with the vaponic in the last 5 months. This is owed to the fact that once I am in a certain state of mind, I tend to forget if the cool-down click already happened or not - something must be screwing with my sense of time passing ;)

Occasionally I get a one hit extraction with the Vaponic but I've never found a good way to reproduce.
Heat it gently until the herbs change their colors and then a little bit more - this kicks you in the teeth!

Whissmu

I'll be attentive to your comments, I'm a big fan although I do not own a vapcap ...

To be frank, I combusted twice with the vapcap in the two weeks since I bought it, and only once with the vaponic in the last 5 months. This is owed to the fact that once I am in a certain state of mind, I tend to forget if the cool-down click already happened or not - something must be screwing with my sense of time passing ;)

Heat it gently until the herbs change their colors and then a little bit more - this kicks you in the teeth!

That is the key to me, more tranquility, little by little and you will reach your goal.:rockon:

It is amazing to throw several clouds after heating only once ..

Dutch-Mic

Haha I observed exactly the same situation this night: I had to remind a friend of mine constantly that he needed to stay alert for the click! Still he combusted twice :D

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Seren

Away with the fairies
So nice to see the Vaponic getting so much new love.

Loving the new casing too..... it's a shame its not available to buy separately.

Looking forward to your review @Dutch-Mic . For me personally, the Vaponic is a much more pleasurable vaping experience when compared with my OG Vapcap - the flavour being the winning factor - it just tastes so very pure.

:2c::leaf::peace:

Dutch-Mic

Yes, apart from the flavor, I would consider this the main feature of the Vaponic. You can get 3-4 nice hits from one round of heating. With my VC it is only one hit per heating. This also helps with sharing it.

It is amazing to throw several clouds after heating only once ..

I haven't found the goldilocks zone for clouds yet. I get tasty hits without any clouds, or I combust (happened only twice). We still need to know each other a little bit better, but I'm enthusiastic about the product!

Dutch-Mic,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Try with a smaller flame. I find it more complicated with big torches than with small ones because the heat increase per time is less, so the time you are in the "goldilocks zone" is longer. Also try a sip after applying heat to get a sensual impression on the effects your heating.

Top Bottom