Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After 9 months of daily use, I still love this vape!

I'm eager to try some water filtration, but I'm fine with
the aiwb for now.
I have mostly portable vaporizers.
However this plug in delivers the flavor!
vapolution-WP_zpsa16e149b.jpg

ataxian,
Reactions: vapirtoo

vapirtoo

Aha I see! said the blind man.
I guess I have to go to the glass
thread and do some research.

vapirtoo,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was wondering how people who have experience with both the Vapolution 2.0 and the Solo have to say about how they compare for efficiency and taste. I'm not too worried about portability and I realize that the Solo has an easier learning curve. Apart from the portability/learning curve any comments on how these two units compare would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
I have 2 SOLOS and love them!
The VAPOLUTION FLAVOR PROFILE is another level.
Easy to use.

Now compare the SOLO to other portable vaporizer then I think for the money SOLO is the best in it's league!
solo-charge_zpsefb57664.jpg

Considering the price of the VAPOLUTION and the quality of flavor?

Maybe not as fancy as the more popular ones however for the price I feel it's a good value!

ataxian,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A friend of mind in the UK pulled the trigger on the vapolution :).. from the official site with the coupon code .. He has never used a vape before and was going to buy a chinese box vape if he hadnt mentioned he wanted one by accident .. I will let you know how it goes with delivery time and will share a bit of the experience of a total vape noob :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I appreciate all the feedback and I am still going back and forth by the minute :rofl: . I'm leaning towards the Vapolution because when I do get a portable I want something that can quickly and easily be hidden. I think I'll wait off on a portable until the Ascent is released/reviewed.

Pickz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
pickz...you either get the cheaper one or the portable one. you will love them both and will end up having both one day, probably.

ataxian...do you taste any of that tubing?

stickstones,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Loving my Vapolution 2.0!!
This thing gets me ripped on a stem of high grade herb, love it!
The stone for me is a crazy body buzz but i am not able to function too well...:D

I love it for starting a session or for ending off a session.
Or just for during the day as the stem is not too much to get you stupid just enough to have that all round great feeling!

lazylathe,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
Going to place my order today. It seems they have replaced the AIWB with the Straight Shooter on their website. Is this something I overlooked or is it very new? I don't see the AIWB listed so I wonder if I'd get that with the FC code still. I'll shoot the company an email, but just thought I'd mention it.

Pickz,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
Order placed!

Thanks for the clarification lazylathe and I remembered to use the code. This is going to be my second vaporizer so I'm pumped!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my last two sessions with this thing were done before I finished one pellet. maybe rolling the herbs into a pellet keeps more trichs on them than beating them up with a grinder. who knows...stoner thoughts...

lazylathe

Almost there...
I do not grind my herb up anymore for this vape.
Just roll a pellet and you are good to go.
I also find that less falls out this way.

lazylathe,
Reactions: ataxian

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I hooked this thing up to the Ion last night with the included tubing and was milking it thick. so far I like a lightly rolled pellet with some sponge to it.

stickstones,
Reactions: lazylathe

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that's what I'm rolling with.

I tried the glass again last night and found the extra restriction to be too much. It also loses too much of that taste that I am ponying up for.

In the end I like it better dry. The aiw bowl does a good job of keeping shit out of my mouth, and it is getting a very nice honey glaze to its inside!

This is the only vape in my collection that is competing with Cloud time.

vapirtoo

Hey Stickstones,
I also try to keep my pellets kind of spongy,
not to tight. I think that this allows more hot
air to vaporize the pellet better.
Even with tight pellets there is a uniform browning
even in the middle of the pellet if I break them apart.
Sometimes when my stash is low I revape the ground pellets
in my LB.
The power cord of the vapolution also works with the LB's PA.
This should mean that the vapo's car adapter could work in the LB.
When I tried this, I kept the PA at the midpoint, just to be safe.

I love that you are torn between the cloud and the Vapo.
I know the Vapo is good, but near cloud level.... Wow.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's not a Cloud level product. But what it does, it does so well that it takes time from it. I'm a huge log vape fan, and this vape improves on almost every aspect of the log vape experience for me. When I first got the Cloud the PD was my daily driver. The ritual and efficiency of the PD was hard to pull away from, but eventually I went all Cloud. And that hasn't changed until I got this vape. The Cloud is superior in every category I normally rate vapes on except taste, and maybe efficiency.

But for me, this goes back to replacing my log vape experience with something that has similar to better air flow, much better taste, variable temp control and maybe even more efficiency (and for half the price!). I don't think many users of this vape are going to be torn away from their Clouds, unless they have a soft spot for log vapes like myself. But I prefer this vape to all my other log-style vapes.

I imagine my routine will evolve into the Cloud during the day or for when I need a quick session (after preheating), the VAP2 for sitting sessions like at the end of the night, and the FVS2 for outside.

I think I'm on to something with the rolled pellets being more efficient than ground bud that has trichs beat off it.

GeneGreen23

After a few months Im still loving the 2.0. I havent used it tho in about a week b/c I took sticks advice a few posts back and on 4/20 I took that Vape World deal on that Solo and man ol man the Solo. I cant say enough I love that portable badboy. I have the Pax, MFLB and now the Solo and I can say the other 2 are put away. This Solo kicks my ass. Wish I would have went with that first instead of wasting money on the Pax. Pickz when you get the chance go ahead and pick a Solo up..you wont be sorry.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I got the 2.0 in the mail today and I am loving it so far. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but I've never been so excited to study in my life! I can't believe the taste and efficiency. Now I just have to master my temps and loading technique. I don't have a water setup yet, but I am thinking of getting the Infamous $40 PipesDaddy Bubbler. I am also going to get 5/16" ID silicone tubing following Stu's advice.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
have fun, pickz!

Thanks Stickstones. You were instrumental in my decision making process. I'm very happy with my decision here. My VAS should be settled for a little bit, but the Ascent might change that.

Edit: Random question - My power on/off switch is solid black with a small blue light to indicate when it is on. Is this a new thing or have I been missing this in the pics/videos I've been looking at? It's no biggie at all, just curious.

What kind of WPA would I need? Doesn't that bubbler come with one?

Pickz,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My switch is the same. Your WPA needs will depend on your glass. You'll either need 14.4mm or 18.8mm.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: ataxian

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I am a sucker for $150 and under Vapes that are getting Rave reviews so I just ordered the Premium with the FC code.. $125 shipped.. :rockon:

Plus when I saw stickstones liked it, I had to try it..

Kuroth1,
Top Bottom