Vapman

botanicalman

Be aware, the first vapman will put a spell on you and make you buy more and more
vapmans through all your life!:D

Here some more black magic out of the magic box:

ajy0ow.jpg

How about more vaprobatics?

fcpqc7.jpg

30cyp9k.jpg

The master of ceremonies him self:;)

27wuic2.jpg

Love you all!

vapman
wow! the contrast with the mica/wood just looks amazing!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I used my vapman last night after a long break from it and absolutely loved it. I used it and put it away as i always do, nothing seemed out of place. Tried to use it today, and the vapman is stuck together and won't budge. It's out of the egg, just the vapman itself, can't disconnect the two pieces, won't spin to unclip. Very odd....any ideas? was excited to use it again, have no clue what could be causing this...

Edit: Despite how much force I used (honestly ashamed of how much was used, was very scared to damage the unit), it WOULD NOT even give a hint of budging.

Decided to heat the unit up as you would if it were loaded, drawed on blank vapor, and it managed to come apart as if nothing happened....

Guess the resin made it stick together more than 15 pounds of force could pull apart. Welp...

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
I used my vapman last night after a long break from it and absolutely loved it. I used it and put it away as i always do, nothing seemed out of place. Tried to use it today, and the vapman is stuck together and won't budge. It's out of the egg, just the vapman itself, can't disconnect the two pieces, won't spin to unclip. Very odd....any ideas? was excited to use it again, have no clue what could be causing this...

Edit: Despite how much force I used (honestly ashamed of how much was used, was very scared to damage the unit), it WOULD NOT even give a hint of budging.

Decided to heat the unit up as you would if it were loaded, drawed on blank vapor, and it managed to come apart as if nothing happened....

Guess the resin made it stick together more than 15 pounds of force could pull apart. Welp...

@AJS Rubbing off the filter after each use while it is still hot, keeps your filter clean and shiny and prevents it from sticking to the bowl. The holy rule of vapman, I have to preach it once a year!:D

In case the filter is stuck to the bowl, never apply any force, just heat the bowl for one or two seconds and it can be removed with ease. (as @benchfrooser commented before)

vapman

Gourmet

That which was expected has happened. :D

I robbed the piggy bank for christmas, because I had the chance to buy a ebonee basic with a small fracture in the ring (has no impact on the function). I'm very happy René made me a unbelivable good price!

With the last sunbeams of this day:
kV362Y3.jpg

B2XBd8u.jpg

LES2o88.jpg

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Vapman basic walnut arrived. Here are the initial thoughts.

Unboxing. The packaging is very nice. The gift box it comes with is very sturdy. The travel egg is also much thicker plastic than I expected.

The vapman. Despite reading numerous reviews of this vape on FC, I was still blown away by how small and precise-looking the vapman is. It's mind-boggling how small the screws are that retain the clips and screen. It's gorgeous looking. I like the smooth, rounded concave curve of the ring, which is echoed in the middle section. The mouthpiece is also very well crafted. The whole thing looks "finished" in design. It reminds me of when toys were finely crafted from wood.

Use. As expected, it does take a little work to find the sweet spot of heating. I'm preferring a 3 second heat-up, which is enough just to inhale sweet tasting and smelling vapor. Then another 3 seconds, and it's at proper temperature and cloud production. After that, 2 second boosts of heat between draws keeps the crucible hot.

Flame. The vapman torch lighter works well. I like how the tank is generously sized, so it doesn't need re-filling often. I tried a triple-flame jet lighter, but the flame spread too much. The vapman lighter has a precise flame, which is important on a vape this size.

Use. The included filling funnel/collar is useful to keep bits of material from falling out and combusting. The retaining system that keeps the lower and middle sections together is very strong. A few times I had trouble getting it back together after filling. But it was clear that I had misaligned the two sections. When they're aligned correctly, the pieces twist together fine. It's best done on a hard flat surface.

It seems to like a fairly fine grind of dry material. Wish I had kept my MFLB nano grinder, which would have been perfect for travel. The bowl looks on the small size. I can get 4 or 5 draws per bowl. Rate of extraction is easily controlled by the heating technique. Probably could do two huge hits if really trying to extract quickly. Maybe an olympic vaper could cash it in one hit. It's simpler for me to measure the heat level while drawing the vapor. I can tell how warm the vapor should be for the extraction I'm seeking.

Hits produce strong effects that come on quickly. It can get you "studpid high" if you need it to. Often I think the bowl is done, but twisting the top off the midsection reveals there's a couple of more hits in there. Taste seems to go after the 2nd hit, but subsequent hits are powerful, if not flavorful.

What could be better? The filling funnel is nice, but I feel like it's going to get lost at some point. I might try hanging it from the chain on the lighter cap. Once during long testing, I almost forgot to remove the funnel before trying to attach the lower and mid sections. Those aren't complaints about vapman. It's just because it's a small size, and smaller parts get lost easier.

The shape is a little strange. The ring that you hold when heating is pretty wide compared to the rest of the unit. It has to be, to prevent burning your fingers. But it gives it a pyramid shape (wide base, narrow top), that makes it a little too wide for easy pocketing. The travel egg is sturdy but is wide too. Not really small enough for pants pockets. I wish the vapman had a different case available, one that would hold the unit disassembled (base and midsection) for a flatter profile. I guess that's what the little bag and box are for?

I have mixed feelings about using a torch. It's a second thing that needs to be packed, and it's not very stealthy with its hissing and blue flame. That's the downside. But on the upside, the torch makes it easy to control heat, and certainly will last for more sessions between refilling the lighter than batteries that would need constant recharges.

Overall. This vape works very well, but what's really special about it is the love and attention to details. If you ever wanted confirmation of Swiss ingenuity and crafstmanship, the vapman is it. Many vapes always seem to be in development, jumping from one engineering attempt to another. But the vapman looks and performs like a very "finished" product. Every detail seems intentional and useful. Great little vape.

Also, I ordered this vape at the same time as another, an American-made one. The vapman came very quickly, I haven't heard anything from the American seller about the other one. So fulfilling the order and shipping from Switzerland was quicker than a vape company a few hundred miles from me. It's a small world.

k3mjU48.jpg

nWUQ63d.jpg

Last edited:

Chandler

@Gourmet awesome pictures! I was dying off the first one! Great job! The Ebony looks beautiful without the mica!

@vapman mine got mica right? Lol. I just assumed it would, but didn't consider how much nicer aesthetically it would look without it! (n possibly cheaper! :bang:) :)

@syrupy extremely well written review :clap:. Whats interesting is your downside, you also agree to be the upside over battery powered vapes! That's what i love. I can vapman all day! And I know this device will still function optimally years from now!

vapman

Manufacturer
@Chandler: When using the torch, the classic version is the better choice. Ebony tends to get hotter than other woods, I would use a basic ebony vapman only with the station. Besides this, I don't have any basic ebony vapmans and the one I sold to Gourmet is cracked.

I think the mica shield looks real good on ebony, have a look at the picture I posted lately. You made the right choice and you will like it!:)

vapman

OF

Besides this, I don't have any basic ebony vapmans and the one I sold to Gourmet is cracked.

I think the mica shield looks real good on ebony, have a look at the picture I posted lately. You made the right choice and you will like it!:)

Two thoughts, either of which is likely to get me into some trouble.....in fact, perhaps both come to mind.

First, there's a certain irony in Gourmet ending up with the cracked one? Clear case of type casting IMO.

Secondly, while I too like the mica (really neat material, IMO, 'organic' as they come.....just dig it up) there are other fun options out there nobody seems to be messing with (yet). First, how about a metal skin over the mica? A pressed stainless steel cone cut down ('truncated cone' like cutting the bottom out of a Styrofoam coffee cup, only with steeper walls). It could have screw holes and go under the legs and clamps or be 'windowed' to slip around them. It, in turn, could easily be laser engraved on the exposed surface. The same laser could cut the part from the stamped blank if it was thin enough? Titanium and more exotic metals could be done with more effort/cost.

Bringing up a host of options on finish as well.

Then there's the material itself. IIRC the fun bit is as a mineral it's laid down in plates, with odd minerals, water and stuff included between. Seems to me you could suck a dye of some short in by pulling a vacuum on the material while it's immersed in liquid. Such technique causes the trapped air and other gasses to 'bubble out' as the pressure drops. When you 'let it up to air' again, local atmospheric pressure (about 14.7 PSI) drives the liquid back in. Or should. This is how they bulk marinate meats, for instance. Or get the bubbles out of epoxy. You could maybe use drops of several colors with a mask coat (like paint) around the edge so different colors could be used......kind of a 'tie dye Vapman'..... Each unique. Like their owners.

I kinda like the idea of custom engraving a metal shield...maybe plating it. "Award Grade" and "Presentation Grade" units available. Make a nifty trophy for 'Best Soil Grown Sativa'.....much more practical than that silly cup you can't even drink out of. As if you should be drinking anyway. Mass produced make a cool, "Fall Harvest Convention" souvenir, wouldn't it? Bands could sell them in each city on their tour.....'collect the set'.

You could, also, laser engrave the basic wood version as well, but that would be rapidly lost with use, although you could cut deep and fill with fine furnace cement. Give you a fun place for run and protect the wood/prolong the life?

Or we can try to keep the Vapman a secret........

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Two thoughts, either of which is likely to get me into some trouble.....in fact, perhaps both come to mind.

First, there's a certain irony in Gourmet ending up with the cracked one? Clear case of type casting IMO.

Secondly, while I too like the mica (really neat material, IMO, 'organic' as they come.....just dig it up) there are other fun options out there nobody seems to be messing with (yet). First, how about a metal skin over the mica? A pressed stainless steel cone cut down ('truncated cone' like cutting the bottom out of a Styrofoam coffee cup, only with steeper walls). It could have screw holes and go under the legs and clamps or be 'windowed' to slip around them. It, in turn, could easily be laser engraved on the exposed surface. The same laser could cut the part from the stamped blank if it was thin enough? Titanium and more exotic metals could be done with more effort/cost.

Bringing up a host of options on finish as well.

Then there's the material itself. IIRC the fun bit is as a mineral it's laid down in plates, with odd minerals, water and stuff included between. Seems to me you could suck a dye of some short in by pulling a vacuum on the material while it's immersed in liquid. Such technique causes the trapped air and other gasses to 'bubble out' as the pressure drops. When you 'let it up to air' again, local atmospheric pressure (about 14.7 PSI) drives the liquid back in. Or should. This is how they bulk marinate meats, for instance. Or get the bubbles out of epoxy. You could maybe use drops of several colors with a mask coat (like paint) around the edge so different colors could be used......kind of a 'tie dye Vapman'..... Each unique. Like their owners.

I kinda like the idea of custom engraving a metal shield...maybe plating it. "Award Grade" and "Presentation Grade" units available. Make a nifty trophy for 'Best Soil Grown Sativa'.....much more practical than that silly cup you can't even drink out of. As if you should be drinking anyway. Mass produced make a cool, "Fall Harvest Convention" souvenir, wouldn't it? Bands could sell them in each city on their tour.....'collect the set'.

You could, also, laser engrave the basic wood version as well, but that would be rapidly lost with use, although you could cut deep and fill with fine furnace cement. Give you a fun place for run and protect the wood/prolong the life?

Or we can try to keep the Vapman a secret........

OF
This is funny. Just a couple of days ago, I asked René if it would be possible to use thin aluminum or silver instead of Mica.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an Ebony vapman with Silver heat shield? Man that would be cool!

I don't know if the metal would transfer too much heat to the wood body, or as you said, we'd have to keep the Mica underneith the metal as a heat barrier?

@gkaraman, the ss ring is much better than the mica ring, in my opinion.

OF

I don't know if the metal would transfer too much heat to the wood body, or as you said, we'd have to keep the Mica underneith the metal as a heat barrier?

Other materials should work, even an air gap, but I'd favor keeping the mica.

Silver might be a poor choice, it oxidizes easily and would I think turn ugly quickly. Aluminum isn't likely to hold up well for the same reason? SS, Inconel, Nickel and maybe Ni-Chrome?

Maybe we make the body out of the ceramic tile material from the Shuttle program. Now that it's shut down maybe we could get some cheap on the surplus market? Pretty amazing stuff. I saw some once in a shop I was visiting. The guy pulled a glowing piece out of a kiln and dropped it into a bucket of water. A bit of steam but no drama. He then reached into the bucket and pulled out the still glowing block with his bare hand. Without warning he handed it to me! It was glowing and getting warmer and warmer. He grinned and said 'when it gets too hot, put it back in the water......'. I gather it was a common visitor stunt, we had collected a modest crowd of employees to watch the show.

Or maybe Titanium? I bet you could make a LOT of VM heat shields from the skin of just one retired SR-71?

Fun stuff.

OF

vapbrannigan

Hello! Long time lurker, have had the vapman for about half a year now. I love the thing, but im constantly sketched out by the mica. So much so, when i noticed one of the tubes partially blocked by the mica, I gently scraped off little flakes until the hole had a clearer opening. I've no doubt that scraping around the tube entrances only increases the chance of inhaling rouge particles, so I put it back together, closed the middle holes, and blew air as hard as i could through the bowl tubes, just to be sure. The vapman looks no different, but now I'm almost afraid to use it for fear that I fucked up. Any insight? U guys are a great community to have found. Thanks!

Highonu

^^IIRC Mica is some sort of natural substance, a mineral or something and thus quite harmless. Not that you should be eating it or inhaling particles on purpose but I wouldn't worry TOO much. Someone with more details on the matter can surely explain it better.

Chandler

i know there must be a thread here on FC for this topic, but i frequent this thread the most and appreciate and look forward to everyones input/ideas here....

how do you store your fresh herbs?? i've had the pleasure of obtaining many quality strains lately, (707 headband :drool:) and i've been thinking and reading about the benefits of keeping your herbs fresh.

i don't have the privacy to have a bunch of jars sitting around, so its more discreet to keep things in plastic bags, then in a container... but apparently trichomes are attracted to plastic so bags arent a positive longterm solution.... i came across this humidor called cannador https://cannador.com/product/4-strain-with-nook-cannador that stores herbs and maintains the Relative Humidity. A little pricey, but the more i consider the benefits, the more i appreciate and have access to great strains, the more i feel the need to protect these beautiful plants. check it out, tell me what you think, ideas, your practices.cBoveda packs?... all this stuff is new to me, all input is appreciated.

if i've gone too far off topic, let me know and i'll search harder for the correct thread to post these ideas.... but its all vapman related, as my vapman desires only quality herbs to remain satisfied!

Thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: vapman
Top Bottom