1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

@passenger i own a Vapman and an Omnivap, love them both. I think the Omnivap is more convinient and in many situations more practical but the taste of the Vapman can not be beaten in my opinion.
    Just the best tasting Vape i tried.

Nothing better for sampling strains!

BTW - i strongly consider getting the Station...

2. TeeFee

TeeFee New Member

Hello,
    I would like to order a vapman station set from Switzerland to Germany. Can somebody tell me if this all works smoothly with German customs?
    And how much do you have to pay to the German customs?
    Best regards
    Teefee

3. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Divided by Zero

@TeeFee

Take a look at https://verdampftnochmal.de/navi.php?qs=vapman
    This is a (trustworthy) german shop that could save you from additional costs and trouble. Please note that they do not offer "sets", so you will have to order everything separately. Not too much of a problem, just to avoid confusion.

German customs is a roulette game. You might be lucky or your parcel is stuck for more than a week and 19% VAT plus an eventual fee have to get paid. You cannot predict beforehand what will happen. I even had to open parcels in front of customs officers for them to have a look. Not too pleasant, even if the vaporizer itself is a legal device. Those guys are not entirely stupid.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    TeeFee, vapman, Dutch-Mic and 7 others like this.
  4. Dynavaper

MY VAPMAN + STATION HAVE JUST ARRIVED!!!
    [​IMG]

I am so happy! :)
    Did cost me a smashing EUR 71,- extra for customs, directly cashed by the DHL courier...
    Total time from shipping to receipt was 6 days with a weekend in between.

I cannot wait for the evening to come... Maybe I will already try it in the office now. It's my company after all... ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    bartson, RUDE BOY, paehtod and 12 others like this.
  5. Doktor Dub

@TeeFee german customs are quite consequent, so normally you will have to pay them (and be prepared for some extra hassle...)
    But as said, verdampfnochmal has the stations in stock.

@Dynavaper ...and i cannot wait for your impressions :D - have fun testing!

6. Dynavaper

I could not wait. Wasn't that predictable? ;)
    So I am using the Vapman and the Station in 1 hour intervals since it arrived (around 6 hours ago) and boy, am I pleased with my purchase! I will provide more profound feedback later on, but this is even better than I expected. Wonderful thing. And I am incredibly medicated in the meantime, but still have to stay in the office for another 2 hours. That might become tough... ;)

7. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

it's like an analogue tamagotchi - after hatching it needs feeding, heating, hugging, cleaning, sleeping... :lol:

bartson, vapman, Philreal187 and 7 others like this.
  8. Dynavaper

Okay, fellow Vapmen and Vapwomen - I spent quite some time during the last 24h figuring out how I could put my appreciation for this excellent device into words. I am not a native english speaker, so it is quite difficult to express what I feel in a foreign language. Especially if you plan to be in-depth and vivid with your statement.

I watched the full Vapecritic review of the Vapman+Station yesterday. And even though I am still a bit "pissed" on how he treated that whole Ghost-MV1 thing, I must admit that his Vapman review is spot on for me. I would second everything that he says and thinks about the Vapman. Allow me to simply post it again here:

Click to play YouTube Video

Everyone with a deep love for herb and high appreciation of excellent craftsmanship & art of engineering must own this device sooner or later. It's just inevitable.

I own a large variety of different vaporizers, like most people here. But I only know about two devices which give me that very special state of medication. The one that goes from your head to your toes and fills you with relief if you are a chronic pain patient like I am. That is the Milaana and the Vapman. No other devices give me the same intense effect. Even not my otherwise beloved Vapcaps.

It is just incredible what the Vapman does to me with a tiny, tiny (did I stress "tiny" enough?) amount of material. And the station is nothing but pure honey in combination. I knew beforehand that I would like the device. But I deeply love it already after just 24h. This is a keeper that will never leave my house again.

I am really not the esoteric type of guy. I am quite down to earth. But this Vape gives me a very special feeling that nearly has esoteric vibes. One can feel the love that went into designing and building it. It's not some mass-produced chinese aluminium cloud producer. It's a piece of excellently performing art. My Vapman just exists once like that. My Pax3 exists a thousand times and always exactly the same. I admire René (@vapman) for this invention and his dedication to the project.

Thanks to all you guys & gals (like to the Vapcap & Milaana people in their threads) for the amiable atmosphere here within the thread. It was one of the reasons for me to pull the trigger on the Vapmen in the end. I just thought - If those nice people all love their Vapmen so much and over so many years, then there must be a good reason for this. I was right. ;)

Every single penny spent on this device was justified. I love it. That's all I can say. I just wished I bought it already earlier...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    bartson, jupazo, Xelatsok and 19 others like this.
  9. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you @Dynavaper, thank you for your post!

10. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I own two Vapmans, a station, an Omnivap and an induction heater.
    The Omni excels in outdoor use (being able to use a triple or quadruple torch is a big plus in cold or windy situation) and through a bubbler.
    I prefer the Vapman with hash, I can't get the same flavor using the Omni with a S&B concentrate pad cut to size or with cotton. With more liquid concentrates I mostly use the Omni just for the ease of loading.
    Vapman also win in efficiency (I can get around 20 hits from one pan with the Station).
    Flavor wise is a tough choice, I probably prefer the Vapman but it definitly has a specific flavor signature that someone may not like.
    The Station is amazing for long low temp sessions (I don't really like using it at higher temperautures as I find the vapor pretty harsh) while an induction heated Omni load can be spent in max a couple of minutes going from click to click.

11. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

As Buckwheat once said "Devil stay behind me and don't push" I find myself repeating that more often than not when I'm in this neighborhood.

vapman and OF like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Buckwheat! That bring back some memories. I read one of those 'what happened to the Our Gang gang?' things the other day. Lots of loosers in the Gang in later life. As can and does happen, of course, but it struck me at the time 'Hollywood types had problems with it then as now'.

On the topic you raise, not to be so quick to assume the siren song you hear is working for Lucifer. Other possibilities are out there........

Consider for the moment it's one of the lower cost vapes with a very very strong following. On the 'nobody doesn't like Sarah Lee' theme above, can anyone name a guy (or gal, of course, bless 'em few as they are) that got a VM (understanding what it was of course) that dumped it? Anybody try it and give up?

To me that says a lot. If you're interested the chances you'll be the first to reject the little fellow are mighty small indeed. Even ones that see little use (in favor of other vapes that suit the owners better?) are dear to their owners. Mine aren't for sale, and I know I'm not alone in that.

The risk (in dollars) is small, the reward almost certain?

"Come on in, the water's fine"........

OF

vapman, Modicum, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  13. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

I agree with @Doktor Dub and @The Beagle , I also have a vapman (without station) and a vapcap .. I would say that the vapman is the king of stealth and camouflage! well mastered you can be able to vaping almost anywhere.
    both give a different flavor towards wood the vapman towards metal the vapcap for my palate ...

I need to have both of them ... one of them replaces the other ... heals my VAS alternating between them
    :rockon::rockon::rockon:

jupazo, vapelander, Dynavaper and 2 others like this.
  14. Dynavaper

May I ask you for a favour? Could anybody with a precision scale weigh the content of one pan for me? I unfortunately do not own one, but would really love to know how much it is, at least approximately. Must be something below 0.1g, I guess. I know, it depends on the dryness of the material, but anyway... ;)

Thanks a lot in advance!

vapman and Philreal187 like this.
  15. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I forgot about this. Being so small and requiring a very short burst to reach vaping temperature combined with the fact that you can always keep it in your hand without burning yourself makes it one of the stealthiest around.

16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup. Now if we could only invent the silent torch lighter......

We've discussed this a bit before. While I think we can light the flame silently (the piezo gives it away with the clacking), a small battery provided spark perhaps, the roar of the flame is also a problem that probably doesn't have a solution. The very things that make a good, focused flame means noise from the gasses past what a 'candle flame' gives.

Perhaps we need a miniature battery powered heating station........

Or maybe just bolt a heater (and sensor) onto the bottom of the pan or drive it with a 'TCR capable Mod' (which needs no sensor if the right heater material is used)???? Forget the torch altogether.

OF

Philreal187 and vapman like this.
  17. Dynavaper

I just wanted to add: I am also impressed how good (and easy) the Vapman performs without the station, just with the lighter.
    I expected that to be way more complicated and delicate, but it isn't.
    As long as I do not heat it longer than 4secs at a time, everything is fine and tasty.
    Used it all day long without the station. Really nice.
    [​IMG]

I haven't used any of my other vapes since I received the Vapman. That speaks volume!

18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I think I can help you with that. PM me and I'll give you an address to send them to, I can guarantee they'll be appreciated and used..........

Glad you got on board with VM, neat tool for sure. Functional Art made of the optimum materials for the job by a very clever fellow. A true 'cut and try' effort, my kinda fun.

Holiday regards to all.

OF

19. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

If I don't overfill it, It's between 0.05 and 0.08 gramms one pan, depending on how big and close the trichomes on the leaves are and how finely chopped the weed is. ;-)

But I got only one of these cheap digital poststamp-scales with tolerances about +- 0.01 gr

vapelander, vapman and Dynavaper like this.
  20. Dynavaper

Thank you so much! Big help! :)

vapman and Gourmet like this.
  21. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

if a full bowl is to much for u :D :p - u can only pack half the bowl and put a concentrate screen on top, then it's about 0,02 g (with 50% measure tolerance :lol: )

Stoned Cold, vapman, boon and 2 others like this.
  22. Modicum

Modicum Well-Known Member

I'm actually from the Past. I am up to p118 but cheated and looked ahead to the Future. I am tempted by this Swiss Miss, but must return for now for the backstory.

23. Dynavaper

Come back when you're ready! :)

Stoned Cold, RUDE BOY and vapman like this.
  24. Crafty Vaper

Crafty Vaper Ain't easy being green

Hi fellas, wanna share my vape story with you. I will only write about the good vaporizers I had. :myday:
    My first vaporizer in 2009 was a Vapman , I bought it from a friend who is from Swiss. I was so in love with it over 2 years. :love: In this time I stopped combusting and only vaped my material. 2011 I bought a Volcano which I still use and like! 2012 I bought an Arizer Solo and my Vapman got lost. :huh: I liked the Solo very much but after nearly 3 years of use in December 2014 I switched to the Crafty/Mighty. :brow: Both are the best battery portables out there in my opinion.
    Now I was looking for something smaller, something in which I can vape just a pinch. I watched some videos on YouTube and I was surprised how popular the Vapman became and wow....a station??!! :o Yesterday I ordered a Vapman basic with the station and the lighter from a Berlin shop. :brow: I hope I will fall in love again with this little beauty. :clap:

Vape on fellas! :rockon:

jupazo, vapman, VapeKnight and 10 others like this.
  25. Doktor Dub

I think you will fall in love even deeper, especialy with the station :nod: have a great honeymoon and send us a postcard with picture ;)

You are welcome, have a great day!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors