1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. TeeFee

TeeFee New Member

Hui, war für eine Schönheit... :Liebe:
    Welche edle Holzart ist das?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    vapman and Philreal187 like this.
  2. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

Believe it or not, but this is a "standard" Walnut Classic Vapman.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Stoned Cold, paehtod, vapman and 2 others like this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Gentle Friends,

A 'grinder' suggestion for your consideration?
    https://chewygrinder.com/

This is the updated version of the partially successful Chewy I. IMO well thought out improvements resulting in a solid, dependable unit. While slower than other grinders it's near perfect for the VM I think.

First off, it's not a grinder, it has a set of rotary blades on a drum that shave pieces off a spring loaded pile of buds pressed against it like a cheese grater. The processed herb spills out of the inside of the drum straight into the bowl of VM. Right before your very eyes. It takes only a few seconds and you have excellent control over the delivery. It's easy to add a bit more. No spills, no touching the herb after the Chewy is loaded.

When you put the plug back in you can safely put it in your pocket for field use.

You're not going to get a fresher, more convenient 'use as you go' grind for our little friend. And it's fun to watch it doing it's part loading the pan for your enjoyment.

Here's the tread on the unit, many of 'the usual suspects' there singing it's praises (including mine a few minutes ago):
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/chewy-2-0-portable-electric-grinder.25460/

Here's the link to buy them:
    https://chewygrinder.com/collections/chewy-2

One last thought, don't scrimp on the battery. It uses the standard '9 Volt Transistor' battery (with the snap clips on the end) like smoke alarms do. However, this is a serious tool, doing a serious job, it needs LOTS of power on demand. Old or lame batteries should be avoided. You can get a couple thousand bowls from a top shelf Alkaline, not a good time to save a little money?

Regards and best wishes to all.

OF

4. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

looking to replace my current box that transports my Vapman :hmm: for a wooden square :

[​IMG]

vapman, paehtod, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

OK, it's not wood, or really square, but it's a really strong camera case:
    [​IMG]

Inside is the little fellow, some fire and of course, stash:
    [​IMG]

In the top:
    [​IMG]
    we have loading ring, concentrate screens, some concentrate for those screens and toothpicks to pickup the concentrate to put on those screens. And to fish the yucky concentrate screens out later on.

And get that pesky bit of cheeseburger out from between your teeth, should that come up. Lately I've added one of those ISO wipes in a foil packet, handy if there's something that needs cleaning (like your fingers).

Anyway, for 'put it all in your pocket' duty I recommend small camera cases, this one works very well. Excellent protection, convenient size and shape.

OF

Seren, vapman, Modicum and 6 others like this.
  6. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

Hey.

A while back, I had some talks with René about making some wooden boxes that would hold the vapman nicely in your pocket. It would be flatter than the egg because the vapman would be stored with the mouthpiece detached, as what OF is doing with the camera case.

René wanted to make them out of Tin, which is also very cool.

I made some waxed paper boxes a while back and posted them here too.

I've been planning to make some wooden boxes myself but have never gotten around to making them.

It think this is the only thing that vapman is missing.

I need to get around to making some!

vapman, Stoned Cold, paehtod and 6 others like this.
  7. Whissmu

@OF thanks!, thanks for all the help and ideas !! :tup:
    I already saw pages back and in fact, as you can see, I use a similar copy, which is great for me :rockon:, but it would be perfect with a custom made box for my vapman !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+1

It would be perfect! :luv:
    I saving to buy one! :bowdown:

vapman, paehtod, M0J0 and 4 others like this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I remember that 'paper' box, very cool.

I like the wood idea. How about you LASER cut the pieces and glue them together. You can get some suitable machines for about $400 delivered from China last I looked. A tabletop CNC milling machine that uses a 25 Watt IR beam to cut a very narrow slot by burning the wood completely and precisely. Able to cut through 4 to 6mm of wood (depending) with great precision. Quickly. You could make interlocking tabs at corners and edges and glue them together, like a fine cigar box? You could make adjacent sides with contrasting woods. Simply put a different blank board in and close the cover. Fans strip the fumes and smoke out and down a 'dryer hose' to the outside. Typewriter size, plugs into the wall and connects to the computer by USB. Simple.

And of course you can engrave as well, just 'write' faster or with a weaker beam.

You could also make the box by stacking up 1/4 or so thick plates with holes for the VM, top, lighter, and so on and hold the lot together with vertical pins down holes you cut into the pieces along with the rest of the patterns.

Could make for a fun small business? Low capitol, lots of ways to go.

OF

9. M0J0

Hey OF,

When I moved from the mainland to an island in the middle of the water, Big Water, Ocean Water..., that was my plan.

I ordered two laser engravers, and both got canceled after the order was complete... They both said that it would cost them $500 to ship a $400 engraver, so my plan fell apart.

I had some plans for some really cool laser cut boxes with curving lids and stuff like that.

While I was sorting it all out, I got hit by those damn Hurricanes and I'm still recovering.

I'll try to get that up and running later on. I love the idea of making custom boxes for all sorts of vapes and other things.

So, great minds really do think alike!

We'll see how things pan out in the future.

10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

So I'm told. Then again, I'm told the Poles also have a folk expression to cover this, from a slightly different angle, "Fools seldom differ".

I like the other one better.......

OF

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
    vapman, KidFated., SloJimFizz and 3 others like this.
  11. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

Hi everyone~ finally I am on board ~ I am a daily vapcap user, since i try the vapcap, i also interested to all other butane/flame base vaporizer. Someday ago i see @Dynavaper just join in this family and he seems very satisfied with his new little friend, at the same time i found a special custom made Vapman selling in Ebay with unbelievable stupid cheap price, so my VAS have been triggered and i purchased this beautiful piece.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is much smaller than i expected when i got it on hand, very impressive.
    I very hard to get cloud at the first few attend, but some days later when i try some very fine grind material, i finally get some satisfied cloud, very satisfied;)
    Click to play YouTube Video

I got this beautiful piece from a ebay with a guy called Mojo, is that you @M0J0 ? I am really sorry to heard the Hurricanes thing, if i know it at that time i should try to purchase more stuff from you, wish you and your family and friends and all around to be recovered very soon. I really love this little vapman.

Peace:peace:

Seren, vapelander, vapman and 13 others like this.
  12. M0J0

That's an awesome picture of your vapman.

I really appreciate your kind words. I'm sorry, but right now, I had to move away from my house to do some work and earn some money but I have to say far away from home and my inventory. I won't be able to ship to ship anything for some time and I'm not sure when I'll be back.

I just have to bust my ass and get out of the hole.

When things normalize I'll let you all know here again.

And of course, René is always there for us!

Peace brothers. :peace:

Seren, vapman, KidFated. and 13 others like this.
  13. Whissmu

I have been trying new nozzles for my vapman :science:!! after of think :hmm:... I think I'll use the wooden nozzle for use in movement outdoor :rofl:and the glass nozzle to enjoy in my home :sherlock:

Wood:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glass:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seren, Flow, vapelander and 17 others like this.
  14. sofa

sofa Member

hi, i am on board as well. got the vapman with the station and in the beginning i liked it, but not loved it. so i got a milana, a tubo, couple of water pieces, a vapcap (which in my opinion comes close to vapman, but slightly less efficient), plenty, volcano and so on. but these days i did a comparison between all my vapes trying to find out, which can get my the highest with the least amount of material (i am a 20 years hardcore bong hitter) and guess what? vapman on first place. tubo second, vapcap third. milana does not even come close to these. but as usualy ymmv!

Seren, vapelander, vapman and 11 others like this.
  15. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

somehow I lost one of those little screws while cleaning..
    therefore:
    are 5/16" screws the right size?
    like these
    https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/keystone-electronics/9301/36-9301-ND/2746080

(I am german therefore I prefer metric (mm) measurements: however I am ordering from digikey nevetheless so im hoping to get a matching screw as well... ordering from Rene works as well but I dont feel like paying shipping twice..)

vapman and KidFated. like this.
  16. M0J0

I am away from my inventory, but René (@vapman) will surely send you a few screws. He'll probably just charge you shipping.

Hope this helps.

17. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Im not in a hurry (the vom still works so I’m good): nevertheless are the screws somewhat special made for the vm?

vapman and OF like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I suspect so, in fact I think I saw the drawing posted? Whatever they are, they're sure to be metric making Digikey a poor choice of supplier I think? For sure 5/16 is all wrong. In SAE designations it's probably a 00 size thread forming screw of some sort, perhaps 'sheet metal' based on the threads?

Custom screws like this are made on 'screw machines', automated machines the make them from wire stock at very high speed. In times past they were kluges with cams and all sorts of stuff, these days a computer runs things unattended. Setup costs can be high (hundreds even thousands of dollars) but the per piece prices is usually less than 'off the shelf' screws in smaller volumes that carry profit from 'middlemen'. I can easily see a guy like René understanding that and to have ordered a box of them made years ago, clever fellow he is.

But very importantly, the thread pitch will be much coarser than machine screws (intended for nuts or threaded holes in metal or other hard materials), the risk of 'stripping out' the wood in VM is very high it it's not the right thread pitch (and diameter) match.

My advice is to stick with the factory screws. I bought several (they were like half a dollar?) with my first VM, therefore (since I have spares handy) I've never lost one.....

OF

vapman and paehtod like this.
  19. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

I found a small earphone case is pretty nice alternative for carry the vapman
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seren, vapelander, vapman and 8 others like this.
  20. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

noticed today that my bowl wiggles a bit if I touch it - even if the mid section is put on it wiggles a bit. What could this be? I don't remember dropping it or something like that - the inner screws seem to be tight either..
    Any ideas?

vapman likes this.
  21. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

Did you try it with the station or with the torch (or both).

This is my main issue with the Vapman, even with a lot of care if I use it often (especially not at home) the pan invariably gets loose. Usually the problem is in the area where a tube connects to the pan.

vapman, OF and Phenix like this.
  22. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Interesting looking closer at it thafs my Problem as well. I doubt this is covered by warranty? :justvapeit:

vapman likes this.
  23. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I had a new pan installed by René on my first Vapman and only had to pay for shipment.
    If your Vapman is one of the newer ones with the larger hole I think you can just buy a new pan and install it by yourself.

Seren, vapman, OF and 1 other person like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That's my understanding as well. I also believe it's Mojo's fault? That is he suggested this excellent (and like so many obvious.....looking backwards.....) improvement on the little fellow.

Is this a great Forum or what?

OF

Philreal187, The Beagle and vapman like this.
  25. passenger

passenger did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

I'm microdosing with the Vapman, real tiny amounts. I've always liked the taste of the vapor with the Vapman and I use a Magic Flight Finishing Grinder for the herb as I find it works very well with the Vapman. Recently I installed a concentrate pad because I thought I will have to clean my Vapman less regularly and... I'm amazed how great the vapor tastes now. I use a Station for heating. That setup is a dream. I mean, it doesn't change the effects at all and if I'm in a hurry I will most likely use a Vapcap - but this is what taste is about. And efficiency is top anyway.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors