1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

Hey guys, took a bit of a break from the forums. The acetone worked quite well for cleaning my mid section, thanks! So as a thank you here is a short session of me using my vapman with a bubbler

Click to play YouTube Video

vapmanjoe, vapman, Chandler and 10 others like this.
  2. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

:2c: wiggling with the torch doesn't do any good - just keep it steady in the middle, with the inner blue flame touching the tip of the bowl, that way the heat of the torch is spread perfect over the surface

can anyone who uses a mlfb glass stem as mp tell me how deep it goes into the midsection?
    a glass stem that goes down to maybe 1/8 of an inch above the ss screen could prevent any condensate build up in the wood part by theory...

vapman, Stoned Cold and Cl4ud3 like this.
  3. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

I know it's not necessary to wiggle the torch; it's just part of my meditative process. Helps me keep track of how long I'm heating without counting in my head.

4. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

Here's the prototype for a 14mm water tool mouthpiece/middle section:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:peace::D

5. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Very nice, MOJO!

6. sternenstaub

sternenstaub Active Member

I noticed a metal inlay - is it the whole air path? Great work!

vapman, Philreal187 and M0J0 like this.
  7. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

Very interesting, I think I should try to drill a wider hole in the adapter René @vapman made me to slide in a bit of ss tubing like on the @Winegums Vapcap WonGs.

8. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

Yes. It has a SS Tube going through the whole air path:

[​IMG]

This is a collaboration with @phattpiggie we're figuring out the price for these.

It's TEAK. 14mm water adapter that fits inside the egg.

Edited to correct the wood... (Teak).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. Cl4ud3

Cl4ud3 Well-Known Member

Cherry dart MFLB and glass stems, so far I prefer the dart over the stock. Also got the whip WPA to test out.

[​IMG]

Vapenvy, KidFated., vapman and 8 others like this.
  10. sternenstaub

sternenstaub Active Member

11. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Whatsup everyone! Was visiting the Girl up in Tennessee so I was forced into a 4 day T-Break. Whenever I T-Break, I have an insane craving to use the vapman as my first sesh back. (that's how it starts ... then I just keep using it, and using it, and using it, until I eventually fall off.) Anyway, the Vapman is 100% the best extractor and most efficient vape I've ever used out of all my vapes. Just so...goddam...efficient. I don't get it. I'm so excited to use this thing right now, I couldn't help but to make a post. Here's my sexy Walnut Vapman I've had for well over a year now.

Here we go guys, firing it up!! I hope someone out there will join me with their Vapman! Sure is such a wonderful vape to possess. Feel so blessed to own one.
    [​IMG]

SloJimFizz, Vapenvy, Phenix and 12 others like this.
  12. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Hey everyone,
    Got one of these waiting for me when I get home. :rockon:
    How do I use it and what can I expect out of it. :razz:

Just fucking with you. Awesome thread is awesome, and informative. Can't wait to try this thing out. :science:

13. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Can try to heat in two times one of 8-10 seconds wait 2-3 s and reheat 5-7s, this works for me with my torch at half power, You have to practice but dominated is amazing !! :clap:

The vapman is the most stealthy vape of butane of how many I have! You can expect great efficiency, reliability and very special flavor of the vapman flavor !! :sherlock:

I do not think I'm wrong to say that you will find one place in his heart to love him !! :luv:

I hope you have fun with your vapman! :rofl:

14. Vapenvy

Vapenvy Indie vaper

I don't mean to seem argumentative, but thought i should note that if i heated for that long with any of my torches I would combust or be very close.

I know everyone and every torch is different, but i use my torches with the lowest flame i can without it sputtering and find that 4 seconds, a pause, and then 1-2 seconds is sufficient for a first (light) hit, and then repeating this a couple more times sees heat and clouds steadily increase.

Adding a second or 2 to the heating after the pause pushes the temp up.

@Whissmu technique might be perfect for you (hope i have not offended him-apologies in advance), but i strongly recommend starting with shorter heating times and edging your way up, because combustion smell is hard to remove from wood vapes, so avoid at all cost.

If you do combust, i have found that cleaning with ISO and/or acetone helps alot, but leaving the wood in the sun for a few hours (or even a day or two) is the best method to reduce that smell.

Good luck.

vapman, Philreal187, Gourmet and 4 others like this.
  15. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I agree with @Vapenvy . I never go past 4 seconds of flame using the OG torch. I may, however, add on another dose of 4 seconds early on.

16. Whissmu

@Vapenvy Do not suffer for your words and do not be afraid to correct me as I see necessary, I am sure you have much to teach me !!:tup:

I admit I do not use a timer or clock :doh:, so it is possible that my seconds will vary against the real ones, but I just checked it out (2 times) and my best record is to heat 7s, wait 2s and warm 5s maybe 6s better (start of cool)!! Maybe my torch is smuy weak, it is further away or I find myself around wind? :hmm:

I would also recommend as @Vapenvy says for a newbie :rockon:, always from less to more ... error mio recommend my times without previous experience :bang:

17. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

@Whissmu and @Vapenvy

How far away are you holding the flame from the bowl? And what part of the flame are you using?

vapman, SloJimFizz and OF like this.
  18. Vapenvy

Vapenvy Indie vaper

@Whissmu ha ha, great response.

Yes, i have much to teach you, i'm sure...just as you assuredly have much to teach me.

@Tiny88 I like to place the tip of the inner blue flame a couple of mm from the apex of the pan/bowl, so the outer flame is hitting and spreading over the pan.

That's a good question too, as both the flame size and distance will have an impact on heating time, so yeah, start slow and build up and you will get to know the correct heating time for your torch, technique and desired temp.

Edit- oh yeah, and wind too, thats a big one. Good observation @Whissmu

vapman, Philreal187, Whissmu and 2 others like this.
  19. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Anyone tried using a triple flame for the Vapman?

vapman, Whissmu and OF like this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

There's a very useful/informative UTube video of our host, the real life inventor of the VM, demonstrating the basic technique. At one point it was on his web page IIRC but I couldn't find it last time I was there, Google found it, though.

It's entirely too complex to reduce to a 'gonna work' routine. The variations are simply much too large in percentage to make that work. You really do need to get a feel for it and control the action through timing with whatever the torch is giving you.

And building up the heat for the first hit is entirely different (time/heat wise) than the second and later hits (where the pan is already near 'magic temperature').

It's a conduction vape, so load it 'full' of fine to medium herb. Well cured herb, don't waste heat drying it out instead of making vapor....not to mention gumming up the works forcing earlier tear down for cleaning. It works by herb directly contacting a surface (in this case the Gold plated pan) heated past magic temperature. Go for firm contact.

Use a reasonable size flame, say an inch (I gauge by the width of the ring opening) and direct it onto the exposed pan. Distance isn't all that important (within reason) as the hot gas 'plays' on the taper of the cone. I generally use a 'five count' (probably about 3.5 seconds?) between hits, with an extra one to start but you're sure to be somewhat different. Even if we're both going for the same extraction (not that you might go cloud chasing or anything.....)

You have to discover what works for you. Try a few seconds and sip it and see if you get any vapor. You probably won't.....no make that 'surely won't'......get it the first time or two. Keep at it, just heat for a second or so more. Add still more until you're getting the results you want.

Don't be shy with the heat when you go exploring. Combustion is really pretty hard to get to if you're paying attention. It starts with that 'burnt popcorn' taste in plenty of time. If it happens, stopping the draw instantly stops the fire since the air is cut off instantly.

Keep an eye on the load, magic as VM is the load doesn't last forever. Diminishing THC can interfere with your experiment. Keep it fresh, you can come back and 'finish the bowl' later, just dump it into a container once color changes and output changes and replace it for uniform (useful) feedback on the process.

Getting to know it and work with it is essential, easy enough, very flexible, super efficient and a lot of fun. Prepare a gram or two for uniform loads, set aside some time, pay attention to your results and modify the technique (basically timing with uniform flame conditions) to get the results you want.

Edit:

Several guys have, and reported poor results. Too broad a flame (total)? You put most of the heat on the ring and your fingers. You want to shoot 'through the hole', not blasting the rim? Better results from cranking up the typical lighter.

BTW, I highly recommend these guys:
    http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.WY6tDxK8oWw
    https://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

Plenty tough, do a great job at three bucks each shipped? Delivery is spotty, you might even order one of each??? Very handy for other things, I've used them for years and have yet to break one, despite some serious efforts. For the record, it will solder brass parts, but not as well as a proper torch.........

Regards to all and best wishes for a great weekend (more likely if you nave a VM handy....),

OF

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    vapman, Philreal187, Whissmu and 6 others like this.
  21. SloJimFizz

:smug:

Loving getting the hang of this beauty. So tiny, yet so effective.
    Was getting whispy hits at first, trying to go slow with the heat. Those lower temp yanks were like hand grenade hits that crept up on me a few minutes later. :whoa:
    Was somewhat getting it, then got cocky and combusted a load or two, guess that's part of my learning process. Weird how a combusted bowl tastes so much like ass and nothing like I remember firing up a bowl used to taste back in my combusting days. :shrug:
    Then I started hitting my stride with the heat up, and getting the feel for pausing and adding heat to it as I go. That first hit of a bowl, getting up to temp and a keeping it going for as long as I can yank on it is a pretty awesome thing.
    Happy to add this to the line up, definitely has it's own thing going on. One more to keep the head guessing whats coming at it next. :tinfoil:
    Also, looks like a natural extension of the J-hook. :sherlock:

[​IMG]

vapman, Philreal187, duff and 7 others like this.
  22. Whissmu

@Tiny88 I keep a distance of 0.5cm and I like to move the torch, it is not necessary but it helps me to have a record dl time, a couple of years ago I started moving the torch with the vaponic and since then I like ¨agitar my gun¨:science: Jis, jis ,,,

@SloJimFizz enjoy your vapman until you master it :sherlock:, you will see it as a strong medicine for its small size and you will see how past the time it still continues to surprise you! :rofl:

:leaf::peace::leaf:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    vapman, RUDE BOY, Philreal187 and 4 others like this.
  23. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

This.
    I never liked counting seconds, after a while you develop a feeling for when and how much reheat your Vapman.

You should remove the mouthpiece as it adds unnecessary surface for the vapor to condense on.

vapman, Whissmu, Gourmet and 4 others like this.
  24. SloJimFizz

Thank you @Whissmu and @The Beagle
    I do love this little guy already. Whats not to like about an analog, butane powered mini log vape? ;)
    The design, build and function, all amazing. My hats off to you @vapman :cheers:

25. simpleasthcis

simpleasthcis ... As a box of ....

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors