1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. M0J0

M0J0 I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

You can also check out these videos. Especially, "tips and tricks" and "how to load"

http://infinityvm.com/videos/

:peace:

vapman, Philreal187, Whissmu and 3 others like this.
  2. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

i still love my vapman....been travelling back and forth from Atlanta to Denver for work. My vapman and lighter stay in my backpack. love using my vapman in the colorado mountain air.

3. Shannock

Shannock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My VM has been with me from the start of my fucking combustion, 2 years now. Since then I have brought many Vaporizers, some which get more love than my faithful VM but when you get it down the VM can destroy most of them on the market! Much Love,

:peace:

VAPEHUNTER, Chandler, vapman and 11 others like this.
  4. bridgesoid

bridgesoid Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Its a very long time since I've posted on the site but I thought I would make a quick contribution to this thread. Have been loving vaping for 15+ years. I've had my first vapman for over ten years (it has the element logo, for any old timers here ;-) and it's still going strong as ever (the top section is a little loose but this is only due to rough treatment/abuse from lending to different friends for months at a time), I oil the wood once a year and I have two now as I love it so much. If anyone is having lighter trouble, I have cheap $2 "honest" brand torches that still work perfectly after 5+ years. Rene has always been a gentleman and consistently fantastic to deal with!

I have many vaporisers but always return fondly to the vapman due to its immediacy, efficiency and the terpene profile it delivers along with its close resemblance to the ritual of a joint or one hitter pipe.. Moreover it is the king of all things hash. I would happily use it as my sole vaporiser if the bowl were slightly larger :love:.. which brings me to a question for Rene/Vapman...

Rene I am fairly physics and design savvy and realise that the vapman bowl is sized the way it is so that a single jetflame lighter is able to evenly heat it in its entirety and that this bowl size is about the max size a single flame lighter is capable of providing a consistent even heat distribution to in the manner in which the current iteration operates (without rotating the torch).

However reliable triple flame lighters such as this one https://www.dhgate.com/product/hone...lable/393615356.html#s1-0-1b;searl|0282456202 are now commonly readily available cheaply at $4.50.. Would you ever consider making an additional slightly larger model utilising a wider and flatter bowl with additional/or alternatively wider air intake tubes, effectively doubling the bowls capacity whilst slightly shortening heat up times? I knocked something rough up with aluminium (would never use this obviously but its malleable quickly) at a friends workshop and using one of these lighters and IR temp gun the heat distribution seemed very uniform :science:.

A model like this with a redesigned tapered middle section (in this way functioning as inbuilt 14mm and 18mm adapter) would for me be the perfect do it all vaporiser, allowing huge hits, effective sharing of bowls and seamless integration with water tools.

I realise it would in no way be as bigger seller nor as beautiful aesthetically but I definitely think there is a market for it among serious vapor aficionados, I would gladly pay more than twice as much for it. Vapman is my favourite vape and truly all I really need but it would be fantastic if you would ever consider making such a thing.

Thanks again for creating Vapman Rene, to me it is truly a work of art.

PS This lighter is brand new to the market, slightly more expensive but would be extremely easy to use with a vapman styled device, tiny in size with a gooseneck and quad flame. You can see the four flames separate perfectly https://www.dhgate.com/product/jobo...recinfo=8,108,2#cppd-2-5|null:108:r1914176707

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017
  5. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

@bridgesoid
    Whow, what for a sympathic and wonderfull laudatio! :clap::)

I also believe that, because I heard it several times from some vapman-tester.

I guess, the cost could be the hurdle to realise this idea. Technically capable I'm shure.
    Every work procedures for the vapman needs own tool parts, and only a new injection mould for the egg-case cost a "small" fortune.

But I'm also convinced of Renés creativity and his unstoppable art of the engineer. :tup:

Quite possible, he find once in the future a solution for this wish, and then it's very possible, he will realize it in his own special way. :D

6. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

Just popping in to say this is still the best vape for traditional hashes I've ever tried. Hands down.

As you were

7. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hi @bridgesoid

Thank you for the great poste!

It is not the first time, that someone is asking for a vapman style vaporizer with a larger bowl. It is of course possible to do but for me it is simply too much work and expenses as with a larger bowl, every single component, except the screws and may be the mouthpiece, becomes bigger. There was actually someone making a larger "vapman" a few years back, it was called "J-hook" or similar. You can find it on this thread, I wonder myself what happened to it and why did it stop.

Have you upgraded your vapman with the new ss ring? May be you could send in your vapman for the 10 years service, it will be like new again an go for another 10 years. Who knows if I'm still alive then.;)

vapman

8. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic VapCaptivate

It took about a year, but I finally made the decision to buy the Vapman basic! It will probably arrive Tuesday.

At the moment I use the MFLB outdoors, Vapcap M for quick medicinal hits and the Vaponic for flavourful late night armchair vape sessions. After reading lots of posts in this thread I'm certain that the Vapman will also be used frequently!

Btw, from the moment I decided to buy the Vapman, a song is in my head:

Click to play YouTube Video

I'm a vapman...:rockon:

Mirimi, SloJimFizz, vapman and 8 others like this.
  9. vapmanjoe

vapmanjoe Well-Known Member

Welcome on board and have fun exploring it.
    Vapman was my first Vaporizer and still my most favored :haw:

10. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

My fellow Vapmen, I for the first time tried hash in the my VM with a concentrate screen; I don't regret it one bit! It got soo messy that I had to torch the screen to clean it. It worked out great and the flavor is amazing, I switched up my torch style from 3s bursts to 1s shots and surprisingly have been getting better results. So simple but every part of this vaporizer has been thought out. I used to cover the carb holes and always wondered why there was 3 and found it awkward but with such a small vapor path it makes so much sense to me now!

So....... /Concentrate screen/Hash/Glass MFLB Stem/ and my lovely VM heating station!

As a side note I love my VM so much and ive had it for almost a year now and I kinda wanna get another VM but I want the basic this time as I think for aesthetics I think the charred wood would look nicer then the Mica that is starting to discolour. Also because my roommates fell in love with my VM and torch it pretty good; so I want to use my current VM as the rough and tumble vape that's used with the bongs,bubblers and Hash/concentrates and another one that I use with gentle care that I use solely for my meditative process that no one else will use as I have my technique down and the other 2 people in the house are still learning!

@vapman Is it possible to get the Yew as the basic as it's not advertised on your site?

11. vapman

I have a few basic Yews in stock but I have to say, that they are prone to crack around the bowl. Cracks are only aesthetically a problem as the cracks stay stable after the cracking happened. Because of this, I won't make anymore basic Yews, it is too much work to explain all this to our clients.

I found, that the cracking happens always at the beginning when using the basic Yew the first few times. I could test the basic Yew and sell it only to you, in case it doesn't crack. If you are interested, write me an email to: mail@element-medical.ch

I would love to help you getting a very special vapman!:)

vapman

boon, Stoned Cold, Shannock and 11 others like this.
  12. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

I appreciate it very much for helping me with my journey @vapman

Also does someone here have a mflb finishing grinder? I abandoned my funnel for the most part and when I'm feeling lazy I just end up using my "finger scissors" and load a coarse grind as it's easier to pack.

So if someone has experience with the finishing grinder it would be very appreciated!

As always! 420 in the 204

vapman, Philreal187 and Dutch-Mic like this.
  13. Mono

Mono Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My vapman :)

Yep the king of micro dosis. The taste? Better than vapcap or mflb. Maybe it is harder to use than vc, however if you are in your space, there is nothing better in taste :)

And with the station even more control

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  14. M0J0

I bought an MFLB Finishing Grinder because the vapman loves fine ground herb.

I was disappointed with it because you have to use very dry herb or it will clog up quickly. I also found it hard to manipulate because it's so tiny.

I don't use it anymore. I use a cheap small Chromium Crusher brand grinder from Amazon that produces a fine enough grind.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

15. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

I've use for the mflb fg and it fits on the filling ring pretty well. The only problem is it is slightly too big so you have to scoot the herb down into the chamber. The grind is ideal though. It'd be a great accessory if vm made a fg style grinder for the vm

16. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Yeah MFLB finishing grinder is awesome with the vapman but the bud has to be pretty damn dry.

17. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

There are a lot of vaporizers out there that have car adapters ( though the Vm isn't like most ) but I was thinking that it would be cool to have a car adapter for my VM Station; just a thought.

Also I just finished up my emails with Rene @vapman and I'm happy to say that I'll be receiving my second VM and my first basic in Yew. I'm quite excited about it and now I can worry less about the other one that my roomates use.

18. M0J0

Vapman is great in hurricane season!

Like @Mr Mellish one said:

Vapman is EMP Strike and Post-Zombie Apocalypse proof!

19. vapman

I while ago, a client sent us this picture, showing the station used with a voltage converter in his car.

[​IMG]

vapman

Dutch-Mic, KidFated., Whissmu and 3 others like this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

While sitting in his garage enjoying the VM no doubt (never driving......). Then again holding the VM in one hand and the camera in the other makes driving much harder. More so if you disqualify holding the VM in your teeth and use of knees. Not a challenge, mind, just some advice to heed 'one thing at a time'?

Oh, yeah, and listening to the radio. That's OK no matter what else is going on in the car......in fact it can be a great benefit with some passengers.....

Regards to all.

OF

21. 204Markie

204Markie Active Member

After using iso and a cotton ball to clean out my Vapman I used a dab of toothpaste in the bowl with 2 Qtips that were slightly damp and wow! My bowl almost looks good as new! I will most certainly use this method again; though it's a pain trying not to get the mica wet and while I was using the cotton ball I got a bit of the mica wet and a had small little "glitter" came off when I tried to dry it. It's superficial but it makes me a bit more excited for my basic to come in and I won't have to worry about the non existent mica.

22. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Thanx for that tip! I will give that a try too, as my bowl is a little discolored as well.

vapman and Dutch-Mic like this.
  23. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

In my early vapman days I also tryed this cleaning-methode; and had the same trouble with the mica. ;)
    Furthermore it came to my notice that the gold layer get's slighty thinner with the toothpaste. :\
    Maybe I used to much force, due to my gross motorik skills. :rolleyes:

Then I have read here in this thread, that other VM-user take a little bit of a "magic cleaning sponge melamine foam eraser stain dirt remover pad" :D and rub out the pan with it once in a while.
    (I found it also in the supermarket round the corner.)

This will do the job very well without a solvent and the vapman stay dry. Thereby the pan stays nice golden and shiny even after years of use.

(the yew after 6 month. it's my workhorse ;) )
    [​IMG]

vapman, vapmanjoe, Whissmu and 9 others like this.
  24. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic VapCaptivate

I own the Vapman for about 1.5 weeks know, and still experimenting with it. But my first impressions are very good. If I use the same strain in the Vaponic and the Vapman, the effects are totally different! The Vapman gives a "stable", peaceful stony effect, and the Vaponic a more energetic and clear headed high. I only tried one strain yet, but can't wait to experiment with another strains. At the moment the Vapman is my favourite bedtime vaporizer.

In terms of taste, the first two puffs taste great. After that I barely taste the lovely terpenes anymore. Guess that's got something to do with my lighter technique. Another factor that might influence the taste is that I own the basic version; the wood is still scorching a bit.

I'm really impressed by the Vapman and can't wait to master it :)

vapman, 204Markie, The Beagle and 6 others like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Excellent point, the Gold is inert but extremely thin. And soft. Very easy to damage scraping (and grinding on it with a mild abrasive like toothpaste or metal polishes will do the job just fine......). The 'Magic Eraser' doesn't 'cut' the Gold (no color comes off, a very sensitive test actually). The stuff is pretty amazing other places, like the scum on the shower?

You can get it around here under the "Magic Eraser" brand from 'Mr. Clean':
    https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-Era...4094&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=magic+eraser&psc=1

First off, Howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun with VM. You're in good company for sure. Great choice with VM, as you're discovering.

Yes, the little fellow is special indeed. Very versitle, able to work in many 'modes' to suit the owner and occasion. And, of course, the concentrate screens extend that in a different direction.

I'm not at all sure about the master part. A couple of times I thought I had it all figured out only to be educated by a that couple ounce work of art....... A great companion at times, with a personality of sorts.

Sorry to ramble, please continue to enjoy VM.......many of us are with you in spirit.

Regards to all.

OF

vapman, Whissmu, 204Markie and 8 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors