Vapman

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Just checking in .. its been a while.. My favourite corner of fc by far.

Just wanted to say that I won a competition on instagram for an enail (worth £500) all you had to do was guess the wood (it was housed in a nicely carved block of wood)

Well it was pear wood .. how did I know? Cos I thought it looked like the mighty vapman. So thanks @vapman I definitely wouldnt have guessed it otherwise.

Cheers all

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
Bravo! "Take all the time you need to do a good job" has to be the only right call. Who could question the inventor of the mighty VM in the first place?

Amen on that important insight, so often unknown to those 'outside'. There is a HUGE difference between a Prototype (something that works) and a Pilot run (a small batch 'hand built' alike). And potentially an even bigger obstruction when you remove those skilled hands. A solid Production Release is essential and often illusive.

Long ago I worked for a very good Engineering Manager in a state of the art Electronic Test Equipment maker. He simply explained it to me, 'you may have a tool box and make things work but the only thing you make for me is paper. Instructions on how anyone (within reason of course) can make it' He called it 'hole in the wall engineering'. You had to imagine all you can do is push paper through the hole. Even though most of our production was downstairs, he said you need packages so tight the guy making it doesn't have to even call you, or know your name.

You have my full sympathy, it can be challenging for sure. I'll happily hold your coat over here and wish you well.

OF

I don't think I can add anything more to this insight, it is very true that you are a highly respected manufacturer and I'm shure the station will get there when the conditions are right. I can(not?) imagine the frustration you must endure when you have to deal with third parties in order to launch your product. Then again, I tip my hat to you @vapman for being open with the community and upholding the high standards you cherish.

To cheer you up I made my very own vapman station today during breakfast! It took a while to get to right temperature though...
MFEFJea.jpg

Cheers

OF

To cheer you up I made my very own vapman station today during breakfast! It took a while to get to right temperature though...

Neat implementation. I think I can see your heating problem, the candle seems to have run out of wax and the flame gone out?

A detail, I know, but it's just those sorts of little details that have to be 'just right' you know.

Thanks, loved the morning smile.

OF

Kozzmozz

Neat implementation. I think I can see your heating problem, the candle seems to have run out of wax and the flame gone out?

A detail, I know, but it's just those sorts of little details that have to be 'just right' you know.

Thanks, loved the morning smile.

OF

Would it work some kind of candle contraption? Just like the vapman station, a metal baseplate that is heated by a flame?

But OF I do hope you noticed the vapman in my picture is resting on a boilled egg, right?
Or are you messing with me, like I was in the first place? :hmm:

Question:
Now that I have my vappy for almost 6months and used daily, I was wondering if it is time to take care of the wood now.
I've read about beewax as a good product (and I would rub it only on the outside of the top piece and the outside of the bottom half).
But my local home depot only sells beewax as furniture cleaners, and they have three tones in colouration.
I don't want my pear wood to change looks, but I do want to prevent it from drying out too much. Or do I need to go with lindseed oil?

Last edited:

OF

Would it work some kind of candle contraption? Just like the vapman station, a metal baseplate that is heated by a flame?

But OF I do hope you noticed the vapman in my picture is resting on a boilled egg, right?
Or are you messing with me, like I was in the first place? :hmm:

Right both times. It was a cheap attempt to capitalize on your fine idea. One doesn't get many straight lines around here you know. I hoped folks would make the egg cup/tea light connection mentally (and it seems the most important member of the audience (you) did....), I flashed on one of those table top tray warmers keeping the rubber chicken from clotting at those horrid convention buffets?

The idea of alternative heat sources has come up a few times I'm aware of. My interest in it grows and wains. Over time I'm accumulating the gear to try a couple of ideas out, but can't seem to find the time and motivation to launch experiments. The little fellow is just too perfect as it is?

First idea is solar (with obvious disadvantages), IMO a fun idea. I'm planning on setting up a Fresnel Lens (the thin kind with ribs) in a box with a shutter (since it's bad karma to look at such concentrated light) and a spot for the VM on top. I think a 'shadow post' (like used for sundials) would let you point it into the sun 'blind' and you could put a camera mount on the bottom and set it up on a tripod. Maybe this Spring........

Secondly, I know an alcohol lame and blowpipe can be used to direct a very 'torch like' fire on the pan, I've soldered this way in the past. Some sort of holder somewhere is needed of course, lest you run out of hands holding the lamp, VM, and blowpipe in your available 3 hands and your nose itches? So I've got the lamp and fuel on the shelf, when the urge for the next step takes hold. I think it's next to rig a brass tube to the lamp with a bit of tubing to blow into so it becomes a surrogate torch. Obviously the butane powered ones we now depend on have serious advantages in most cases, but this started out as a quest for stealth (no clicks to light, nor hiss in action). I'm not sure if the same idea with candles is practical (different sort of flame, cut basically the same energy content), but plan to get it going on alcohol since it's more stable and I have some experience with it (a lot of years ago).

You do know VM his own self used to sell a friction powered version, right? As I understand it you pull it up and down a string tied to a doorknob or someone's car bumper and vape away. Perhaps someone has a link handy, I can't find the one I saw.

Regards to all.

OF

Kozzmozz

Right both times. It was a cheap attempt to capitalize on your fine idea. One doesn't get many straight lines around here you know. I hoped folks would make the egg cup/tea light connection mentally (and it seems the most important member of the audience (you) did....), I flashed on one of those table top tray warmers keeping the rubber chicken from clotting at those horrid convention buffets?

The idea of alternative heat sources has come up a few times I'm aware of. My interest in it grows and wains. Over time I'm accumulating the gear to try a couple of ideas out, but can't seem to find the time and motivation to launch experiments. The little fellow is just too perfect as it is?

First idea is solar (with obvious disadvantages), IMO a fun idea. I'm planning on setting up a Fresnel Lens (the thin kind with ribs) in a box with a shutter (since it's bad karma to look at such concentrated light) and a spot for the VM on top. I think a 'shadow post' (like used for sundials) would let you point it into the sun 'blind' and you could put a camera mount on the bottom and set it up on a tripod. Maybe this Spring........

Secondly, I know an alcohol lame and blowpipe can be used to direct a very 'torch like' fire on the pan, I've soldered this way in the past. Some sort of holder somewhere is needed of course, lest you run out of hands holding the lamp, VM, and blowpipe in your available 3 hands and your nose itches? So I've got the lamp and fuel on the shelf, when the urge for the next step takes hold. I think it's next to rig a brass tube to the lamp with a bit of tubing to blow into so it becomes a surrogate torch. Obviously the butane powered ones we now depend on have serious advantages in most cases, but this started out as a quest for stealth (no clicks to light, nor hiss in action). I'm not sure if the same idea with candles is practical (different sort of flame, cut basically the same energy content), but plan to get it going on alcohol since it's more stable and I have some experience with it (a lot of years ago).

You do know VM his own self used to sell a friction powered version, right? As I understand it you pull it up and down a string tied to a doorknob or someone's car bumper and vape away. Perhaps someone has a link handy, I can't find the one I saw.

Regards to all.

OF
Yeah the friction vap is something I really would love to own but I cannot afford it, is a bit too pricy for me. Alltough I really really like the concept, and I'm really eager to test it.
Has someone bought one? Or is there any other media/reviews on this?
Or maybe a reduction code :brow:?

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/element-pocket-vaporizer.html

About the heating station, I had similar idea, where an upside down copper cup would hold the vapman (pref. with grooves that hold the intake tubes) and fitted with tree leg to stand on. Underneath you place a candle light, similar to the chicken-warmer you speak of.
Sounds nice in theory, but offcourse: how long would it take, would it even get at the right temp with only candle?

Cheers

Last edited:

OF

About the heating station, I had similar idea, where an upside down copper cup would hold the vapman (pref. with grooves that hold the intake tubes) and fitted with tree leg to stand on. Underneath you place a candle light, similar to the chicken-warmer you speak of.
Sounds nice in theory, but offcourse: how long would it take, would it even get at the right temp with only candle?

Entirely possible I think, but kind of hard to run? I'd start by fiddling with the 'slug' (maybe a brass bolt to start?) with a thermocouple attached to indicate temperature. IIRC type K can be easily soldered with soft solder. Saw a slot in the end and solder it in place? This would let you measure equilibrium temperature, where heat input from the flame balances the heat losses. Hopefully tweaking the fire can give you some useful control. I'd guess something like 500F would be a good starting target?

You could also custom make the candles, candle shops have a large assortment of wicks to play with and you could experiment with multiple wicks even? For instance, modern tea light candles are often pressed (not cast), a fat doughnut with a wick inserted that has a weighted base to keep it upright in the melted wax pool. You could drill a few holes through the cake and add more wicks in the same cup......

OF

Chandler

Took a break from Vapman the past 3,4 weeks because of my upgraded Mighty. Had to put Mighty through its paces, plus with the addition of dosing capsules which are new to me, i've had a fun time taking in the new experience. Mighty is truly what i wish Crafty could be!

The last two days however, i've been craving sessions with Vapman...
i stand by what i've said on numerous occaisions - vapman is possibly the most efficient vaporizer i've tried! using the same material/strains, and smaller bowls .1, i enjoy the effects the same if not more in comparison to Mighty/crafty!...

So after a session last night, i was thinking why is this lil guy so potent... but it all makes sense. with Mighty my comfort zone is 353F. depending on the strain i might kick it up to 360. anything beyond that, i can't take long slow draws, only short sips which i don't enjoy as much. I've also noticed, on days when i do kick it up to 370- 390, i always wake up the next morning with my throat irritated.

With Vapman, temperature relativity is different. i tell the temp based off the quality of vapor i desire in the moment, so i keep it flavorful then ramp it up to get some dense strong vapor almost akin to combustion, but never any combustion. With the stronger dense clouds from Vapman, i realized i'm taking in the particular cannabinoids that are released at higher temperatures (without irritation), whereas i'm not getting those same cannabinoids from Mighty because my comfort zone is at far lower temp.

If my hypothesis is correct, that would mean little Vapman provides the coolest Vapor at the highest temperatures providing maximum effect!

see what i'm saying?

Last edited:

OF

If my hypothesis is correct, that would mean little Vapman provides the coolest Vapor at the highest temperatures providing maximum effect!

see what i'm saying?

I think you're saying 'VM gives the user great control over vapor production', with which I strongly agree. It's easy (and IMO natural) to 'fine tune' things to suit individual needs/tastes......more over I think many/most of us end up doing so without thinking about it after a while?

Very powerful machine for that reason, deceptive perhaps, but powerful in skilled hands.

Mine aren't for sale. They are good friends, we've been through some good times together.......hopefully with more to come.

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Took a break from Vapman the past 3,4 weeks because of my upgraded Mighty. Had to put Mighty through its paces, plus with the addition of dosing capsules which are new to me, i've had a fun time taking in the new experience. Mighty is truly what i wish Crafty could be!

The last two days however, i've been craving sessions with Vapman...
i stand by what i've said on numerous occaisions - vapman is possibly the most efficient vaporizer i've tried! using the same material/strains, and smaller bowls .1, i enjoy the effects the same if not more in comparison to Mighty/crafty!...

So after a session last night, i was thinking why is this lil guy so potent... but it all makes sense. with Mighty my comfort zone is 353F. depending on the strain i might kick it up to 360. anything beyond that, i can't take long slow draws, only short sips which i don't enjoy as much. I've also noticed, on days when i do kick it up to 370- 390, i always wake up the next morning with my throat irritated.

With Vapman, temperature relativity is different. i tell the temp based off the quality of vapor i desire in the moment, so i keep it flavorful then ramp it up to get some dense strong vapor almost akin to combustion, but never any combustion. With the stronger dense clouds from Vapman, i realized i'm taking in the particular cannabinoids that are released at higher temperatures (without irritation), whereas i'm not getting those same cannabinoids from Mighty because my comfort zone is at far lower temp.

see what i'm saying?
Great post Chandler.

I find the vapman grows on you like a good good friend. Maybe the learning curve creates a relationship and a bond that becomes very strong at the end.

Am I the only one that has to cycle through his vapmans because I feel bad at neglecting any one of them? Kinda like having two dogs and petting only one of them while the other sits to the side watching you? Seriously, would anybody actually do that?

I was talking to a friend who just got his new vapman and I told him that he would build this bond so strong that he should not be surprised if he gives his vapman a name, like many people do.

I checked up on him a couple of days ago and asked him if he'd named it yet, and he said, "No, but I already started working on picking out a name." hahaha

I love this little vape!

HD Springer

I recently picked up a new water piece and was running different vaporizers through the water and damn. I'm serious damn. I never knew. I thought the little VM was perfect for a great kief hit and occasional session. Not no more.
This is my at home want to get blazed vaporizer. Not sure what it is but this thing is right at home on the glass. I really wish I would of tried it out a long time ago. I know I'm late to the party and I'm not giving any new info. It was just my "I should've had a V 8 moment" is all. Cool little vaporizer for sure.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I think you're saying 'VM gives the user great control over vapor production', with which I strongly agree. It's easy (and IMO natural) to 'fine tune' things to suit individual needs/tastes......more over I think many/most of us end up doing so without thinking about it after a while?

Very powerful machine for that reason, deceptive perhaps, but powerful in skilled hands.

I absolutely agree with this.
I've been using my new Omnivap a lot this last month as always happens with new vapes and it made me appreciate even more the absolute control over your hits that a Vapman can give if operated by experienced hands. Definitely not a device for everyone but very powerful and versatile if you have the patience to get to know it.

@vapman: I'm sorry to read that you are having so many problems with the new stations, I have a friend who will be very sad about this news. I'm glad I got one as soon as they were available.

M0J0

This is funny:

PSA:

Hopper and bath time don't mix!

It sounded like a nice idea relaxing in the tub enjoying the Hopper, but I should have known better. I received quite the jolt after fumbling it live in hand, eventually hitting the water.

Disassembled my sopping hopper immediately, and placed in a ziplock bag filled with rice. Left bag in my furnace room overnight and voila - she works perfect the next day. Can't believe how lucky I am - this hopper remains unregistered.

Vapman exclusively for tub time moving forward.

Basmati ftw!

And as @Mr Mellish would say: it's also post Zombie Apocalypse or post-EMP strike friendly!

imtp

Hey guys. Posting for the first time on the vapman thread. After reading through a large block of posts on this thread from the beginning, I finally went ahead and ordered it from Verdampftnochmal. I got the classic one. Been using it for about 4 days now and have tried implementing a lot of the advice I found on this thread (tried plugging different numbers of holes, flame techniques and such). I find that the vape does an ok job so far (perhaps I came in with lofty expectations?) and most importantly I find that while drawing, a constant stream of particles keeps hitting the back of my throat. I've been trying to adjust the draw speeds and using coarser grinds to the point where I am loading the bowl straight out of the baggie. It certainly is coarser than the images I've seen. Has anyone ever had a similar problem to what I'm describing? Doesn't sound like I'm working it up to its potential. Am I doing something wrong?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
You can just punch a hole in a regular wire mesh screen and put it over your load before closing your Vapman to avoid this. I always use a very fine grind with my Vapmans and I've never been bothered by some particle in my mouth but it's a thing that some friend noticed.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Hey guys. Posting for the first time on the vapman thread. After reading through a large block of posts on this thread from the beginning, I finally went ahead and ordered it from Verdampftnochmal. I got the classic one. Been using it for about 4 days now and have tried implementing a lot of the advice I found on this thread (tried plugging different numbers of holes, flame techniques and such). I find that the vape does an ok job so far (perhaps I came in with lofty expectations?) and most importantly I find that while drawing, a constant stream of particles keeps hitting the back of my throat. I've been trying to adjust the draw speeds and using coarser grinds to the point where I am loading the bowl straight out of the baggie. It certainly is coarser than the images I've seen. Has anyone ever had a similar problem to what I'm describing? Doesn't sound like I'm working it up to its potential. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you filling the bowl almost full?

M0J0

Hey @imtp: I use a pretty fine grind since I find it vaporizes better. I use this simple grinder (3rd video down here: http://infinityvm.com/videos/

I don't have issues with herb particles going into my throat. I have gotten some in my mouth/tongue though, but not usually. I keep my tongue in front of the mouthpiece so I can taste the vapor and gauge if I have to adjust the heating time etc. so if something does go through, it lands on the tip of my tongue and I just spit it out.

This hasn't happened to me in a long while though. I think since I started using the simple grinder above. The grind is fine, but not too fine - perfect for the vapman.

You can also remove the Stainless Steel Filter at the bottom of the Middle Section and put a standard mesh screen between the SS Filter and the Middle Section - you have to cut it to size. I find this a better than placing it between the Bowl and SS Filter because there's no fiddling with it after installation.

You do have to remove it for cleaning or replacing every few weeks depending on use.

Important note!

If you have to cut the filter to size, make sure you don't leave any loose bits of wire around the edge that could fall off and get sucked into your mouth.

Although, since the mesh filter is sandwitched between the SS Filter and Middle Section, the edge is clamped and no pieces should be able to fall off.​

Hope this helps! :peace:

vapman

Manufacturer

Not really, candle flames are dirty flames and leave a lot of soot, a real mess, I'm telling you. Never use normal lighters or candles to heat vapman!

I think you should have high expectations of vapman, if not, you will not get to where vapman can take you!

Particles streaming through the air path is in fact not a popular topic with vapman.

I advice not to plug the inlet holes, especially when using dusty and very dry herbs. Plugging the holes leads to an enhanced air stream in the bowl and that stream can of course stir up the very light and lose particles.
Further, I advice to draw gently and steady, this is most efficient in many ways and keeps the air stream low.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted!

vapman

M0J0

Not really, candle flames are dirty flames and leave a lot of soot, a real mess, I'm telling you. Never use normal lighters or candles to heat vapman!

I think you should have high expectations of vapman, if not, you will not get to where vapman can take you!

Particles streaming through the air path is in fact not a popular topic with vapman.

I advice not to plug the inlet holes, especially when using dusty and very dry herbs. Plugging the holes leads to an enhanced air stream in the bowl and that stream can of course stir up the very light and lose particles.
Further, I advice to draw gently and steady, this is most efficient in many ways and keeps the air stream low.

vapman
Great point. Plugging the air holes may be the culprit. It would explain why we don't hear much about that issue.

imtp

Are you filling the bowl almost full?

At first I wasn't because I wanted to minimize how much herb I wanted to waste while learning how to use the device. Turns out it doesn't work that way. My understanding is that leaving a larger amount of empty volume gives rooom for the incoming air to swirl around and collect a bunch of loose particles.

I don't have issues with herb particles going into my throat. I have gotten some in my mouth/tongue though, but not usually. I keep my tongue in front of the mouthpiece so I can taste the vapor and gauge if I have to adjust the heating time etc. so if something does go through, it lands on the tip of my tongue and I just spit it out.

This hasn't happened to me in a long while though. I think since I started using the simple grinder above. The grind is fine, but not too fine - perfect for the vapman.

I ended up doing exactly that with my tongue after the second day. Works Like a charm, plus it gives a much better picture of the temperature of the vapor.

vapman

Yes! Makes sense that the best advice came from the guy who made the device in the first place. After reading your tip I removed all the plugs on the mouthpiece again and also filled up the bowl all the way(with the same coarse grind as before). It was a completely different vape after that. Haven't looked back since then.

Also drawing a bit more slowly helped; maybe it allowed the heat to stay in the bowl longer so extraction was better. I've been eagerly waiting for the end of the day so I could go back home and get plastered. Thought I had developed a good bit of tolerance until now and it turns out that I just had a less efficient vape before. One bowl on this keeps me good for a few hours and then the ABV that I sprinkle on my food as seasoning puts me to sleep at night. :D

Marvelous device! I can definitely see why people love it so much.

sternenstaub

Yes! Makes sense that the best advice came from the guy who made the device in the first place. After reading your tip I removed all the plugs on the mouthpiece again and also filled up the bowl all the way(with the same coarse grind as before). It was a completely different vape after that. .
In my expirience it is not necessary to fill up the bowl completely for a good result. The Vapman works very efficient even with the smallest amounts. It's something that I appreciate a lot with this little fellow. About the ground material: If you draw carefully it doesn't matter how fine the grinding is. With M0J0's advice about the added screen you can even pull as hard as you want to. By the way: Who else does like to hold the VM a little while longer in your hands after you are done vaping? :)

imtp

By the way: Who else does like to hold the VM a little while longer in your hands after you are done vaping? :)

The way I know I'm stoned is when my dear wife reminds me that I've been admiring the vapman for about 10 or 15 minutes after every session. This one hits a bit slowly but packs a solid punch when it fully kicks in. Always end up fiddling around with the thing after.. :whoa:

Also love the warmth the thing retains cos my apartment has bad heating

Top Bottom