Vapman

bounce5

Adrian, from vapman posted this on their Facebook page.

This will explain things better.

I don't like FB at all so I imagine many of us would have missed this:

EDIT: the old price quotes from @vapman may be too outdated now.

I know he's always trying to make things at the best posible price, but we'll have to see what price qoute we get now.

And remember, this is a smart unit with electronics that monitor temperature, and tell you when the vapman is ready (temp-wise), with auto-shut off, so you don't burn your house down... it won't even burn your vapman! Log vapes are not nearly as smart and they cost $200+

I can imagine vapman + station combos, different color aluminum bodies, etc -- I'd love a black one or bare aluminum, so I can't wait to see what they'll come up with!
@M0J0 Shhh...for all we know the price is still $150 and you just blew it for all of us...This was quoted only 5 weeks ago...not too old.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Looks like i wll be setting my alarm clock to get my heating station! Whatever time that may be!

@bounce5 My bid is $155. . . do I hear $160?

Ok, no. Let's stop that right now! Could get expensive for all of us!

Edit: forgive the double post! Thought I was editing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Quixote

@vapman, do you expect demand to exceed supply of this first release? I ask only because, while I may be interested in getting one, I suspect there's folks out there for whom the station could make a great improvement in terms of, for example, ability to manage pain in the middle of the night with greater ease; and I wouldn't want them left out just because I got to the website sooner than them. I almost feel that those people should be able to reserve their units before the rest of us. Just thinking out loud here... Maybe this post is Much Ado About Nothing... You all tell me.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Well played @Stu

And I'm very sorry if I just "reported" your post. My phone has the Like and Report buttons practically overlapping, and if I'm not careful...

Mods, if this happened pls clean up Stu's record, which I so clumsily may have besmirched.
@Stu, The Honorable Don Quixote has a point, but I gues it's up to @vapman to take this into consideration or not. Hopefully, he'll have enough stations to go around though.

My wife already wants one. Women tend to be a bit shy about torch lighters...

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I'm sorry I didn't mean to affend .:disgust:
I'm kicking Shatterday off early Happy Shatter Day everyone :|

hPsqlfP.jpg

ODOBcuY.jpg

Now I feel bad !!!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@Melting Pot That's at least twice if not three times as much hash/oil/wax as I normally use. Two screens? Three screens? What's your method?

Also love your photo of the heavily charred Vapman. It has the rugged and functional good looks of a space capsule after re-entry.

Here's a perfect Vapman song to go with it tonight. Use the first part of the song to pack your Vapman. Begin your torch 4 second burning countdowns starting with the first "four,three,two,one...". You should be able to perfectly finish off that Vapman bowl and find yourself up here with me....

Earth below me, drifting floating. . . . ..

You probably won't finish that bowl of hash in 4 minutes.. . . . . but you are welcome to try. . . .

axakal

@Jsqz the convection vs. conduction debate resurfaces from time to time around these parts. i don't think we came to an agreement on this one. :) so if i were you, i would pick the one you like most and go with it. you can still order one more after that. :) don't overobsess with convection over conduction when it comes to the vapman. it's like swimming, dive in and enjoy.

@Snappo a maybe silly question, but can one hollow out a wood section and use the "core piece" in order to not waste so much beautiful wood?

Leaning towards the pure because my current go-to-vape is the Elevape Smart which is pure convection, so I think a pure conduction vape would really complement that. I also like the idea of the wood changing as I use it for a very personal feel, but I have time to decide.

Back to the heating station, I am also interested in color options, (could be cool to match with the color of the egg and/or match the wood with the wood of your vapman), and would also like to know what the temp ranges are.

Last edited:

natural farmer

If there is something I miss about the Crafty, and the Solo maybe, is the uniformity of the baking, the fixed temps that allow you to take your mind off the vaporising process itself and enjoy the moment knowing you won't taste any nastiness if you miss a bit... I believe the heating station can take the Vapman to that same level granting me peace of mind. I really want one and I'll get one, I promise you all! :D

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
If there is something I miss about the Crafty, and the Solo maybe, is the uniformity of the baking, the fixed temps that allow you to take your mind off the vaporising process itself and enjoy the moment knowing you won't taste any nastiness if you miss a bit... I believe the heating station can take the Vapman to that same level granting me peace of mind. I really want one and I'll get one, I promise you all! :D

Hey @natural farmer :)

I completely see where you are coming from & I do agree with you but I personally always really enjoy just how engaging my Vapman actually is.

I guess for quite a great number of Vapmaniacs part of the charm is in the ritual process of taking a naked flame to the piece & having one of the most immersive, and fully connected vaporizing experiences they possibly can.

In my opinion, hitting my mighty is rather uninvolved & the unit feels hugely utilitarian in camparison to the 'Man. And that is in no way a negative - for me the Mighty is just a different beast, more suited to different situations.

No denying, I would love for my Vapman to have his very own electric chair(!) but at the moment, while my gadgety side is admittedly totally buggin out, my basic, frugal & minimalistic traits are winning me over . . .

However, I am lucky enough to have numerous vapes which I use daily, but if this were not the case then I think I would certainly see more value in allowing my Vapman to pretty much 'swing both ways' between desktop & portable.

I can definitly see the advantages of this accessory, especially in helping those who have difficulties with movement, to provide a less fiddly & therefore easier method of administration for medication.

This is definitly an awesome piece of innovation from a master craftsman.

Loving it @vapman!

If I had a disposable income there would be no question.

O.k, I think you can all see what I'm doing here ;)

I've made some good points haven't I?!

I DO NOT need this!

Really I don't!!! :whip:

:peace:

M0J0

I guess for quite a great number of Vapmaniacs part of the charm is in the ritual process of taking a naked flame to the piece & having one of the most immersive, and fully connected vaporizing experiences they possibly can.

In my opinion, hitting my mighty is rather uninvolved & the unit feels hugely utilitarian in camparison to the 'Man. And that is in no way a negative - for me the Mighty is just a different beast, more suited to different situations.
I agree so much with your point about the connected experience that the torch lighter brings to the table. The ritual I keep talking about, which is what won me over to the vapman.

And, like you said, I can also see the benefits this station can bring to people that have medical limitations. This is a huge benefit for them, as it could make their medication delivery real quick and easy.

It's so cool that this little vape can keep surprising us - first with the concentrate screens, not so long ago, and now with the station.

I guess some of us will get it because we want it, and others because they need it... :)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
USER=23888]@Jsqz[/USER]USER=14453]@Snappo[/USER] a maybe silly question, but can one hollow out a wood section and use the "core piece" in order to not waste so much beautiful wood?
Hollowing out a wood section would render the remaining wood basically unusable for much else. It is probably best to start out with a blank that is comfortably close to lathe tolerance and the wood turner's comfort preferences.

Last edited:

OF

@Jsqz the convection vs. conduction debate resurfaces from time to time around these parts. i don't think we came to an agreement on this one.

While I agree, a guy should get one, try it out, and make up his own mind I don't agree "conduction or convection" hasn't been resolved. Last I recall those hanging on to convection lost out on the idea that the tubes heated the air to provide the heat to the load (heating the tubes alone wrecks the VM without giving vapor). Although heat already in the oven area is spread somewhat by hot air during the hit, the necessary heat come from the mass of the pan. By conduction.

More over, the maker seems to think his invention works by conduction. And has said as much here.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-84#post-738559

In the end how it works is probably only a useful discussion from an academic POV, but as long as we're talking about it I suggest sticking with the facts/evidence of how it happens?

BTW, it's not radiation either:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-83#post-737930

OF

M0J0

While I agree, a guy should get one, try it out, and make up his own mind I don't agree "conduction or convection" hasn't been resolved. Last I recall those hanging on to convection lost out on the idea that the tubes heated the air to provide the heat to the load (heating the tubes alone wrecks the VM without giving vapor). Although heat already in the oven area is spread somewhat by hot air during the hit, the necessary heat come from the mass of the pan. By conduction.

More over, the maker seems to think his invention works by conduction. And has said as much here.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-84#post-738559

In the end how it works is probably only a useful discussion from an academic POV, but as long as we're talking about it I suggest sticking with the facts/evidence of how it happens?

BTW, it's not radiation either:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-83#post-737930

OF
I thought it was established that the vapman works by pure Magic.

Science may find their own explanation, but Terence McKenna would say it's the Elves doing...

Yes, Magic is the best explanation. :nod: Yeah, that's the ticket... I promise. :rolleyes:

Jsqz

Thanks for the input @axakal and @OF. I will probably go with the basic then because I really like the natural wood look, and the lower price tag doesn't seem to hurt haha. I am definitely excited to experience the magic that is Vapman.

From the vapman website, it says, "Function, quality and lifespan of this version are equivalent to that of the standard model," and that "This layer [of burned wood] will eventually have the effect of a heat insulation and prevents further burning," which answered my question about the longevity without mica. I will probably get pear because as many of you have said before, when have you ever had something made out of pear wood?

I feel so behind discussing my first vapman while everyone's excited over the vapman station :p.

Top Bottom