Vapir Prima

Mr Mellish

I just noticed there is a glass bubbler for the Prima. Has anyone tried it? I don't feel like I need it for the Prima but I'm wondering how well it works in the event that the GH is too harsh.

Mr Mellish,

jdent3

Is this thing worth it for $199 Canadian? I have a Mighty, FF2, extreme q, and an Air so would it be a nice pice to add to my collection? I've been looking at it since it released and it look really cool but the lack of posts on here concerns me.

jdent3,

Mr. Me2

Is this thing worth it for $199 Canadian? I have a Mighty, FF2, extreme q, and an Air so would it be a nice pice to add to my collection? I've been looking at it since it released and it look really cool but the lack of posts on here concerns me.
My vas has cooled for this one too. Doesn't seem to be a top tier vape. Have you seen the Buzz Danklin review? I'm pretty sure he (and/or Vape Critic) covered this one

Mr. Me2,

jdent3

My vas has cooled for this one too. Doesn't seem to be a top tier vape. Have you seen the Buzz Danklin review? I'm pretty sure he (and/or Vape Critic) covered this one

Ya I've seen the reviews. It looks good but I'm mainly concerned with materials quality. What is the bowl made of? It looks like brass which I thought was not good for vaping.

jdent3,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
In a word... No

Too many plastics and polymers in and around the brass bowl

snorcan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The bowl is not brass.
The Prima uses a stainless heating element and offers a removable stainless steel vapor path.
The chamber is Huge.
Even the mesh that is used is a stainless steel mesh.
There are no plastics around the bowl, and anyone's aversion to space age polymers has become a non issue, in that the synthetic Heat resistant materials they make now are used in Hospitals, Space Shuttles and Kitchens (and cooking utensils).
I just read Vape Wizards Review, and he likes the Prima just as much as I do!
I read many reviews and they all make me glad I own the Prima.
looks like brass which I thought was not good for vaping
The Prima uses SS
The Vapir NO2 uses brass, and it is not bad for vaping... it is ROHS compliant
About Brass and Stainless steel chambers and Plastic parts
All Vapir products are made of high grade heat-resistant material. According to MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Vapir Vaporizers do not release any VOC (Volatile Organic Compound), even at the highest operating temperature. Vapir does not use glue, rather a high temperature medical grade epoxy to secure craftsmanship. The actual NO2 and Oxygen unit casing is a high-temperature Nylon-Fiberglass compound. The unit is designed to operate within this high temperature range of up to and including 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This is why you can hold the unit in your hand even at these high temperatures and feel very little – to no heat. The Herb Chamber is made out of brass (NO2 & Oxygen Mini) or stainless steel (VapirRise and Prima) and produces a very clean heat, hence there are no VOC’s given off by the units at any time.
It looks good but I'm mainly concerned with materials quality
The Mighty that you own, has triple the amount of Plastic as the Prima, and the Extreme Q utilizes a good deal of regular non heat resistant plastic on it's body.
I own every Vapir vape made, and all are good, but in the various threads over the years there have been many non-owners of these vapes that entered the threads to complain about plastics and toxic fumes, on vapes they never have tried.
The Prima is not the same material or chamber material as any other Vapir Vape.
I have many vapes, and have tried almost every vaporizer made.
The Prima is a great solid unit, and gives wonderful performance.

Last edited:

jdent3

The bowl is not brass.
The Prima uses a stainless heating element and offers a removable stainless steel vapor path.
The chamber is Huge.
Even the mesh that is used is a stainless steel mesh.
There are no plastics around the bowl, and anyone's aversion to space age polymers has become a non issue, in that the synthetic Heat resistant materials they make now are used in Hospitals, Space Shuttles and Kitchens (and cooking utensils).
I just read Vape Wizards Review, and he likes the Prima just as much as I do!
I read many reviews and they all make me glad I own the Prima.

The Prima uses SS
The Vapir NO2 uses brass, and it is not bad for vaping... it is ROHS compliant

The Mighty that you own, has triple the amount of Plastic as the Prima, and the Extreme Q utilizes a good deal of regular non heat resistant plastic on it's body.
I own every Vapir vape made, and all are good, but in the various threads over the years there have been many non-owners of these vapes that entered the threads to complain about plastics and toxic fumes, on vapes they never have tried.
The Prima is not the same material or chamber material as any other Vapir Vape.
I have many vapes, and have tried almost every vaporizer made.
The Prima is a great solid unit, and gives wonderful performance.

Thanks for taking the time to clear that up. If the bowl is stainless steel why does it look like brass? (Not being a dick, genuinely curious).

jdent3,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks for taking the time to clear that up. If the bowl is stainless steel why does it look like brass? (Not being a dick, genuinely curious).
Stainless steel reflects colors around it. There may have been incadescent lighting used during photo shoot.. it has a golden reflection.
In person it does not look like brass.
SS can yellow with time and use.
Look at the arizer Solo.
Its bowl is SS... and never has meds actually in contact with the heater surface as the meds are contained in glass.
My solo chamber looked a pale golden color after the first couple of months.

Last edited:

jdent3

Stainless steel reflects colors around it. There may have been incadescent lighting used during photo shoot.. it has a golden reflection.
In person it does not look like brass.
SS can yellow with time and use.
Look at the arizer Solo.
Its bowl is SS... and never has meds actually in contact with the heater surface as the meds are contained in glass.
Mu solo chamber looked a pale golden color after the first couple of months.

That makes sense. I've owned a Solo and had an Air so I know what you mean. I just ordered a Prima in black. If anyone's interested torontovaporizer.ca has it for $199 Canadian and the code "tvape" gives you an additional 10% off

jdent3,

jdent3

How do I remove the mouthpiece? I've been trying for a half hour and it won't come off

jdent3,

jdent3

Here are my first impressions so far:

I did a couple burnoffs and couldn't see anything offgas. I can taste a bit of plastic when I use it but it's coming from the mouthpiece not anything off-gassing. I get the plastic taste from the mouthpiece whether I inhale with the unit on or off so I know it's nothing to worry about. I expect the taste to go away once I season it a bit more.

I found that temps 3 and 4 are very hot. For some reason the vapor on this thing can be pretty harsh. I seem to like level 2 best. I've also found that when the lights show its heated it's really not ready to hit. I give it like 30 seconds once it's heated up and then start hitting it. Overall the vapor production is excellent.

Knax

Sexy
I was Wondering if anyone could give a comparison between the Prima and the Boundless CF/CFX vapes.
I am considering the two and really they seem very similar
thanks guys

Episode666

CFX packs a hefty punch, with the water pipe adapter it milks a bong with ease. It's a "super Flowermate" if you ask me.

The Prima is on another level: top quality materials, much cleaner taste. I would like it even better with a micro-usb port for direct charge, carrying the charger + long cord around is a bummer!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is somebody tried to replace the Prima's battery by himself?

I think if it's possible to open the plastic case without to destroy it ,it's something manageable...

Maybe I'll try in the future cause one of my battery is dead (take a while to heat...).

PPN,

Episode666

Is somebody tried to replace the Prima's battery by himself?

I think if it's possible to open the plastic case without to destroy it ,it's something manageable...

Maybe I'll try in the future cause one of my battery is dead (take a while to heat...).

Is the battery over 2 years yet? If not get a new one on warranty.

Episode666,
Reactions: PPN

MinnBobber

?? anybody have an end cover with a little slack/ doesn't mate firmly at the top? It's the end piece that slips on over the bowl.

Unless you hold it on manually at the top, it has a tiny 1/64 inch gap. It still seems to pull fine thru the mouthpiece.

MinnBobber,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
?? anybody have an end cover with a little slack/ doesn't mate firmly at the top? It's the end piece that slips on over the bowl.

Unless you hold it on manually at the top, it has a tiny 1/64 inch gap. It still seems to pull fine thru the mouthpiece.
Yes the seal is not perfect but not enough to be an issue for me.

However I got another issue, my unit doesn't heat anymore, nothing happened (fall, water,...) between the last working session and now. My previous issue I thought battery related might to be a sort of first sign, now it blinks and the bowl stay totally cold...

I contacted Vapir CS just before the week, I expect an answer soon.

Let me know if you have a fix to my issue!

PPN,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
If you demand clouds, this is not for you. However, if you understand that clouds are simply a sign of waste, then this is for you. Wow. It is very cloudless. However, it is extremely efficient with great brown to black AVB...and very good stone inducing results. Taste is consistently good all the way through two sessions..... No vapor, just stoner! A nice little unit. Would be great if it had a replaceable battery.

teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
How is the Vapir CS? I contacted them somedays ago without any reply, Prima was one of my favourite vape!

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
How is the Vapir CS? I contacted them somedays ago without any reply, Prima was one of my favourite vape!
Vapir is taking care of me, thanks to Vitolo cause he fastened the things. A replacement is on my way!

Just realized how the Prima's price are down now quasi-everywhere, is it the sign of something new from Vapir?

PPN,
Top Bottom