Vapir Prima

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Not mentionned by me since I never tested the Prima....you was speaking of our Vitolo!

Glad you love your Prima!

How many hits could you get with a good taste using lower setting?

PPN,

PrinceOfJaguar

Sorry PPN.. I misread.
I have not tried the first two settings. Just the 3rd and 4th settings. I'll test that out and get back.

PrinceOfJaguar,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I will get one next weeks....Vitolo's comment about convection properties make me curious....damn VAS, every time I think it's ok, I don't need anything more, I buy another vape!!!

PPN,
Reactions: Vitolo

kushbury

Hi All,

Been a while since I've been on this thread and thought I'd catch up!! Very surprised to see talk of bad taste / off gassing. Never had that problem with mine and two friends just received theirs for Christmas, neither an issue. Maybe an old guy like me just isn't that sensitive to it but all I ever got from the Prima was a good time!

Still loving it and recommend it as it is my go to vape. I did change my overall technique, I now start at level two instead of three and bump it up over the course of an extended or double session. Used to go right at three and bump it to four after a few draws. This is much smoother, more effective but produces slightly less clouds.

Over two months in and the Prima has not lost its shine for me!

Vitolo

Vaporist
The battery power is good.
It holds up to some long use.
I have not yet worn the battery down to the bottom.... it is not my way of using tools,
but I have gotten a chance to use the power kit, and thought it a great backup.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Got mine today! I like how it feel in hands. More testing is in progress but after 2 loads of flowers and the wax bowl I'm vaping as I type this post I can say I'm rather happy about this device, although I agree my buds taste a bit different in this device...but it's a second hand unit and maybe it need some time to be seasoned with my own flowers.

I'm vaping a bowl of Lavender Live resin at level 3, very good taste and it doesn't seems to be spent too fast.

More to come...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A little update about my Prima's experience.

First, I like it, for flowers and concentrates. Vapor taste good, better imo than the haze, similar to the Alfa but less than miVape....only to get an idea (although it is a very lightly tainted with a rubber/plastic taste, maybe it will disappear...).
For flowers I use setting 1&2, rarely 3, and for concentrates I use settings 3&4. Clouds are enough thick for me at 2 (dry use only).

About stealth it's not great, people look at it (I got the orange, I love this color) while using in the street, never got this issue with my Alfa (never tried with the Haze!).

My button is not working very well all the time...i'm afraid to get issues in a short time.

When I extend the session the Prima shutoff before the 5mn autoshutoff (for the 2nd run, it completes the first without any issue, is it a overheating protection? or is it malfunctionning?

For my first tries i didn't notice the mesh screens must to stay in the bowl even with flowers, I took it off, put a screen in the bottom of the bowl and filled it and unit was working very well. Now I put the mesh screen in place all the time although I added a screen on the top of it to keep it clean from flowers debris.
Is it how it is designed to work (with the mesh screen in place all the time)?

I tried to replace it (since I only got one I want to preserve it for concentrates) with a nano domed screen...I was not really happy with the result, less clouds...so i put back in place the mesh screen, i think it add a bit of conduction.

I'm thinking about a water pipe adaptater...

All in all it's a great portable and I'm rather happy for the moment, the only downside is I payed a bit too much for a second hand unit cause I payed it in USD (he asked CAD), with the actual conversion rate i think the seller got more money than he spent to buy it...my mistake although (it's better to don't be too high before payment) and a great deal for the seller (just a bit bored the tool, replacement screens and 2nd mesh screen was missing), but i'm pretty happy with it and could recommand it for every vaporist!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Is it how it is designed to work (with the mesh screen in place all the time)?
Yes.
Since hot air is only sucked in direction of mouthpiece, the mesh screen remains totally without debris.
edit
I will edit this to add that the only time the mesh needs to be cleaned or replaced is after much usage with high residue concentrates.
This build-up of residues can be delayed for a longer time, if wax/BHO/etc. are not severely built up with high heat use, and taking the concentrate to total dryness.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here my mod to use with a watertool...although it will be a dry use only unit, so smooth low temp thick hits!
7dtyl3l.jpg

Thanks vito for informations, for my first use I took off the mesh screen, it works without but with it in place there is a bit more convection I think....

Mr Mellish

Hey everyone, I have a question.

A friend of mine now owns my Prima. She called me yesterday because she could not get a draw at all. I suggested she pull the pad and soak it. She did but what she found was that the base plate (the drilled one) was badly gunked. She cleaned it but said it gunked up again right away.

This seems odd to me. My expectation is that you'll tell me her material is too moist. The thing is, I'm using the exact same material and I'm not having any issues with the Crafty or the FW3 (and it really doesn't feel moist).

Anyone else seen similar fouling of the base plate? Any suggestions beyond drying the material?

Mr Mellish,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dry herb, even when moist can not allow glue like resin to run down the mesh pad.
There is something else going on here, and it sounds like concentrate use directly on that mesh pad.
This in itself is OK, but Vapir warns us to use tiny dabs, and then one must go to top heat, and draw with intent, or the wax/concentrate will seep down and gum up the works.
If she is using only herb, have her change that pad, and do a careful cleaning of base plate prior to insertion.
Do the careful cleaning in upside down position.

Vitolo,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
did she uses concentrates? If yes maybe she overloaded the pad....

Although I don't get for enough long to give you a good answer but I received mine used from another member and the plate was totally clean.

edit: sorry Vito I didn't saw your reply...

PPN,

Mr Mellish

Dry herb, even when moist can not allow glue like resin to run down the mesh pad.
There is something else going on here, and it sounds like concentrate use directly on that mesh pad.
This in itself is OK, but Vapir warns us to use tiny dabs, and then one must go to top heat, and draw with intent, or the wax/concentrate will seep down and gum up the works.
If she is using only herb, have her change that pad, and do a careful cleaning of base plate prior to insertion.
Do the careful cleaning in upside down position.

Sorry, I should have included that information in the original post, since I anticipated the question. She has never used concentrates in the Prima or any other device.

Mr Mellish,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I adjust my analysis accordingly.
Perhaps she turned loaded unit on and then let it heat to the top setting, without ever taking a hit.
If you did this a number of times in a row (forget you started a session and walk off), then I imagines some residues could bake out of the herbal matter and run down.
It is very difficult to imagine this, but it could be a feasible explanation.
Cured Marijuana is just not all that gooey generally speaking.

Aner

My concern re toxic plastic/silicon/electronic outgassing continues with the comment above.

Therefore, if any users can inform of any toxic outgassing from the beginning, that would be great.

I often hear it burns off after a couple uses. My concern is that it never actually burns off - but in fact is simply covered up by the smell of herb...

Aner,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My concern re toxic plastic/silicon/electronic outgassing continues with the comment above.
My comment... the "comment above" has ONLY to do with the mesh screen, so what you are refering to is a mystery.
The topic of off gassing has been gone over a couple of times over last 11 pages, and has been refuted and the topic dropped.
:horse:
I am still using the unit daily, with great success, and with great function.

vape4fun

While patiently waiting for my GH I decided to change up my Pax allegiance and opted for Prima. I like pax but have issues with post use smell having to always put it in air tight containers etc.....unfortunately after a fun week of use it overheated bc instead of holding the button to turn it off I pushed button bringing heating to highest setting and felt a burning sensation in my pocket. After this it didn't work correctly and cooking thermometer placed on brass bowl read 250 Fahrenheit on highest setting.

So called CS ten minutes later printing label sent to email and its o. It's way back to them. I believe that things happened and it's about the service you receive that can make you unhappy like GH owners who have to constantly email and pay to ship back devices of crafty owners who also deal with CS headaches. So rest assured if you have a faulty unit you will be taken care of.

The taste for the week it worked was awesome, charging battery at work without nobody batting an eye was awesome, and air flow from under unit was pretty cool. Also herb comes out dark green not dark brown....however heavier than Pax2, harder to pack then Pax2 and not as sleek as Pax2. But after use zero smell and easy to clean.

There is nothing that is a perfect vape to everyone needs to find what's best for them....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Prima replaced the Haze I got, I think it is a lot better about overall vapor quality&taste....that's why I don't understand why it seems so underrated....

For concentrates and flowers it is very easy to load/unload. My only concern is you need to make it carefully with a spoon/dabber/pic cause the sticking SS stem (when not cleaned enough regulary).

I can tell you, at home, all my friends, when they see it on my desk, they want to use it....it's not the case for a lot of others vape. I think this design is very appealing.

It definitly need more cleaning than my Inhalaters , it's close to the Haze about the cleaning topic, do it on a regular basis!

ps: Got one small issue yesterday, one led was blinking red while vaping (only one, not all 4 like to the end of the session) and turned off and I wasn't able to turn it on again with this battery (still 50% charged I think), I took it off and cleaned the rod and back on the charger, I cleaned the contact in the Prima and there is no more issue now....although I'm not sure what is happen cause it wasn't dirty or sticky on battery contact..

OyVape

Hi Prima peeps,

I just got a Prima and for the life of me I can not get the battery to slide out. It feels jammed. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get it out?

OyVape,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I take the unit between my thumb and my index, the thumb on the battery grip and i slide the battery back appllying a lot of pressure.... I hope it will work for you.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Try to grasp the orange tab firmly and pull it while sliding the battery as described by @PPN
Once in a couple hundred batteries that are shipped with a tab like that can get stuck.
If you just can not open it, contact Vapir and they will replace the unit very fast.
I am making contact on your behalf so they will read your post and they can expect you if my idea does not work.

Top Bottom