Vapir Prima

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
big time plastic offgassing with both crafty and mighty....but gone quickly. If it was still there after a few burn offs i'd be a bit concerned.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Last session, I didn't taste it at first,but when I stopped getting vapor, I got the plastic taste. I call it "burnt plastic" because it tastes like what burnt plastic smells like.

My vapes have all been of more natural/inert materials. An old Vapor Brothers box with glass bowl, a Vapor union Pocket Vape (all glass), the MFLB, and the vapman.

So I haven't had experience with plastic vapes because I honestly avoided them.

So I may just be more of a wuss on this the most.

M0J0,

gmaines

I do not get any visible vapor at all, Is that normal?
I have tried it with the pad and without the pad.... Half full and full bowls..... Still no vapors... Maybe I should of bought another Crafty...

gmaines,

biohacker

it tastes like what burnt plastic smells like.

That's not good! There is a difference between a "plastic-y" smell, the should get less and less over several sessions to the point of being GONE. Have you used iso qtip all over it? Even iso wipes all over the vape, but this obviously is on the inside so that make not make a difference. Continue to do dry cycles on max heat and blow into the bottom gently into the air intake to "push" hot air into the unit. Burning plastic is a completely different odour (hydrogen cyanide?) a very acrid odour that is not healthy to inhale!

This could be a defective unit, or just just plastic-y Vapir.

should of bought another Crafty...

I read every single post in this thread, watched all the video reviews and read online reviews and for the money, personally would go for the crafty myself as well.

biohacker,
Reactions: Thcgos

M0J0

I do not get any visible vapor at all, Is that normal?
I have tried it with the pad and without the pad.... Half full and full bowls..... Still no vapors... Maybe I should of bought another Crafty...
I got vapor with two pads and half of the bowl worth of material on #3.

I expected more vapor, like the video on this thread, but dint get nowhere near that.

I thought it was because I didn't have a full bowl.

I believe @Mr Mellish got decent vapor.

@biohacker, I'll clean it like you said, and give it a few more days. I think I may be more sensitive to plastic taste. Cause Mr Mellish doesn't mind it while I really hate it.

Should be OK by session 5, I think. If not, then I'll contact the vendor.

M0J0,

M0J0

I would have done 5 burn offs before i'd even session, and i'd ISO and dry before all of that. But that's just me, i'm OCD and super sensitive like you.
Crap. I may just have to do that.

But the battery takes sooooo long to charge! Especially when I'm looking at it! Haha

M0J0

how long does it take to charge fully?
I haven't timed it. I only drained it to half charge and then just left it in the charger.

Has anyone timed it?

Edit: Just did 2 more dry runs...still tastes like plastic. Less, but still.

Shit.

Edit: 2 more and still tastes like plastic. I can taste it less, but it's still there...

Can someone do this test? Heat it up to 4 with an empty bowl and suck on the mouthpiece and tell me if it tastes like plastic?

It's not a real strong taste, but it's definitely there.

There just has to be a better way to build a vape than using plastic... Isn't there?

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I thought it was build with anodized aluminium....where there is plastic in this vape?

Lot of portables vaporizers get a nasty taste for a while....most part of the time it will disappear. Some portables with rubber mp give me a bad taste but it doesn't come from the vapor but from the mp, although this taste never disappear imo (i.e T-Vape, Storm, Eco), there might to be different sort of rubber cause the Alfa rubber mp never taste bad for me.

My new miVape get a bad taste for 10+ sessions and now taste is very clean.

I don't know about the prima but the worst plastic taste I got was with the Titan-1, Vital and Herbstick Deluxe, although taste is more present if you use higher temp than lower.

It's a bad news for vapir cause they was famous about plastic taste!

I was very close to get it...but I choose convection!

M0J0

I thought it was build with anodized aluminium....where there is plastic in this vape?

Lot of portables vaporizers get a nasty taste for a while....most part of the time it will disappear. Some portables with rubber mp give me a bad taste but it doesn't come from the vapor but from the mp, although this taste never disappear imo (i.e T-Vape, Storm, Eco), there might to be different sort of rubber cause the Alfa rubber mp never taste bad for me.

My new miVape get a bad taste for 10+ sessions and now taste is very clean.

I don't know about the prima but the worst plastic taste I got was with the Titan-1, Vital and Herbstick Deluxe, although taste is more present if you use higher temp than lower.

It's a bad news for vapir cause they was famous about plastic taste!

I was very close to get it...but I choose convection!

The Prima has an aluminum Outer Shell, but all the inside is plastic, except for the metal bowl and air tube. So my nose tells me that the smell comes from the rubbery piece inside the end/bowl cover. It gets the hottest and it's right over the copper bowl.

I wonder what other/better material could have been used for this part...

Now don't make decisions from one opinion alone (mine). I may be too sensitive to this stuff - others may not even notice it. Which is why I posted this - to hopefully get others experience on this plastic taste.

But it sounds to me like most people are used to, and fine with, breathing in plastic fumes for a while until it goes away. I guess I have no choice on this...

Also, this vape has some very good plus points as I noted in my previous posts.

Last edited:
M0J0,
Reactions: PPN

smokey_da_vape

I find that the plastic that vapir uses for the no2 and the prima both had a plastic taste, it didn't last long for me, and I felt ok with using the prima because there was no visible off gassing, I stood in a dark room and did the Ole light trick and didn't see any vapor doing my burn offs

M0J0

I find that the plastic that vapir uses for the no2 and the prima both had a plastic taste, it didn't last long for me, and I felt ok with using the prima because there was no visible off gassing, I stood in a dark room and did the Ole light trick and didn't see any vapor doing my burn offs
That's cool.

I would like people to try this:

Set it to 4 with an empty chamber and when it comes to temp, suck on the mouthpiece exactly as if you were vaping a load.

Tell me what it tastes like...

M0J0,

M0J0

That's cool.

I would like people to try this:

Set it to 4 with an empty chamber and when it comes to temp, suck on the mouthpiece exactly as if you were vaping a load.

Tell me what it tastes like...
No takers?

M0J0,

ginolicious

This seems to be a vape that you need to pack a full bowl eh? No half packs like a crafty?

ginolicious,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My no2 always tasted just fine, never even a hint of the plastic everyone speaks of with Vapir products, but I did soak the top, tube and mouthpiece overnight and did a half dozen burn-offs at max temp before I used it.

But My O2 mini had a horrid plastic stinky smell when brand new that you could 'taste' if you didn't hold your nose when you took a hit whether it was heated or at room temp, now I only get a hint of that taste when the load is cashed and the temp set on 390f- 400F. Lower temps taste pure and sweet.

:peace:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My No 2 didn't give a plastic taste either. I was very happy with it as it was the first vaporizer to get me off of combustion. I had ordered the Oxygen Mini a couple different times and it was a faulty unit 2 times in a row. I asked for my money back. This was almost 3 years ago.

Not sure if I would buy this unit. I have another portable that I'm getting to know this weekend..:D A new vaporizer is fun times.

Sungodv

Or you can get a Summit. Really, there is no plastic taste at all with this excellent, portable vape.

Sungodv,

Mr Mellish

I'm sad to say that the more time I spend with the Prima, the less I like it. Although not anywhere near as uptight about the potential plastic carcinogens as @Mojo, I do find the continued plastic taste irritating. I've probably used the unit 10-15 times, done a few dry burns and I've soaked the mouthpiece, the silicon piece from the oven lid that contains the screen, and the metal air path in ISO and it just hasn't gotten better.

The replaceable battery and the heat-up times are great but as I've settled in, I don't think I get the effect (or taste, for sure) of either the Crafty or the ESV.

My disappointment with the Prima mirrors a friend's disappointment with the Pax 2.

Mr. Me2

I'm sad to say that the more time I spend with the Prima, the less I like it. Although not anywhere near as uptight about the potential plastic carcinogens as @Mojo, I do find the continued plastic taste irritating. I've probably used the unit 10-15 times, done a few dry burns and I've soaked the mouthpiece, the silicon piece from the oven lid that contains the screen, and the metal air path in ISO and it just hasn't gotten better.

The replaceable battery and the heat-up times are great but as I've settled in, I don't think I get the effect (or taste, for sure) of either the Crafty or the ESV.

My disappointment with the Prima mirrors a friend's disappointment with the Pax 2.
Thx for your honest take based on your experience with this vape.

Mr. Me2,

M0J0

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with this vape as days go by...

I thought the ergonomics would be cool, but it ended up feeling awkward to hold and it's slippery as hell. I haven't dropped it, but had a couple of close calls already.

It looked so good in the pictures, but now, I really do not like it one bit. But the Everlasting Plastic Taste is unacceptable to me.

Bandoo

What exactly is wrong with the Pax2?
They work perfectly with never a hint of burning plastic taste, awesome battery life and not having to replace it every month like a lot of other very expensive vapes. Dense clouds when wanted and great taste.
The only problem with the p2 is mouthpiece design. And if you are handy and clever you can modify it to be perfect with even a glass vapor path...
Ymmv

Bandoo,

Mr Mellish

What exactly is wrong with the Pax2?
They work perfectly with never a hint of burning plastic taste, awesome battery life and not having to replace it every month like a lot of other very expensive vapes. Dense clouds when wanted and great taste.
The only problem with the p2 is mouthpiece design. And if you are handy and clever you can modify it to be perfect with even a glass vapor path...
Ymmv

Well, to keep this on post, here's the deal. I got the Pax 2 while in Seattle because my friend had been looking for something easy to carry (probably a stupid idea because those cannataxes are heavy duty). My friend had previously taken over my Pinnacle Pro and loved it until getting all fumble-fingered in the bathroom. Since delivering the Pax 2, I've heard nothing but complaints about lack of vapor and lack of effect. I've felt pretty guilty about it because my friend paid me back for the unit and hasn't enjoyed it at all. Today, I decided to let her try the Prima (because of my guilt and because I just haven't been loving it). Here is the verbatim response:

OMFG, this device would change the way I do business -- for sure. 100x better than Pax

This was followed by:

This is absolutely delightful

I personally doubt that the difference between these vapes could be that pronounced but she hasn't had time in her schedule to work with Ojan yet to improve her technique, so it's all a mystery to me.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Bandoo

Well, to keep this on post, here's the deal. I got the Pax 2 while in Seattle because my friend had been looking for something easy to carry (probably a stupid idea because those cannataxes are heavy duty). My friend had previously taken over my Pinnacle Pro and loved it until getting all fumble-fingered in the bathroom. Since delivering the Pax 2, I've heard nothing but complaints about lack of vapor and lack of effect. I've felt pretty guilty about it because my friend paid me back for the unit and hasn't enjoyed it at all. Today, I decided to let her try the Prima (because of my guilt and because I just haven't been loving it). Here is the verbatim response:

OMFG, this device would change the way I do business -- for sure. 100x better than Pax

This was followed by:

This is absolutely delightful

I personally doubt that the difference between these vapes could be that pronounced but she hasn't had time in her schedule to work with Ojan yet to improve her technique, so it's all a mystery to me.
Maybe she will sell it to you cheep then you would have one.
There is nothing wrong with the p2 as far as making vapor heavy or light. And totally 100% sealed ss vapor path.
I use mine every day several times and I only charge of every three days.
All these vapes need someone with a little bit of technical skill and cleverness to use.
Anyway thanks for your reply.

Bandoo,

M0J0

Maybe she will sell it to you cheep then you would have one.
There is nothing wrong with the p2 as far as making vapor heavy or light. And totally 100% sealed ss vapor path.
I use mine every day several times and I only charge of every three days.
All these vapes need someone with a little bit of technical skill and cleverness to use.
Anyway thanks for your reply.
I think you hit the nail on the head with "totally 100% sealed ss vapor path."

The problem with the Prima is that the bowl is Not sealed.

It is a copper bowl, surrounded by a layer of ceramic, and then everything around that is plastic - or Nylon, as the Vapir customer service rep told me - "There is no plastic in the Prima, it's Nylon."

Errr, Nylon is a type of plastic...

So the Prima bowl is open on the top with a rubbery cover and the rounded cup/cover is lined in plastic as well.

So the bowl is effectively heating all that surrounding plastic and very efficiently delivering it to your lungs.

It has a SS vapor tube, but it's not sealed from the surrounding plastic - sorry Nylon...

I was looking at how Goboof Alfa and its vapor tube is directly connected to the bowl and isolated from the surrounding plastic.

I still think plastic is a very poor choice of material for vapes...

Top Bottom